Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Edworld - 2017-05-18

vbat99,

I am using the studio filter and it displays up to 100 movies of the same studio, is there a limit?

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2017-05-18

(2017-05-18, 02:02)Edworld Wrote: vbat99,

I am using the studio filter and it displays up to 100 movies of the same studio, is there a limit?

I know there are adjustable limits for Actors, Directors, Sets, and Tags. Quick look at the code doesn't show any limit.
I just tested with Genre, selecting 203 movies and setting a silly genre, and that filter shows 203 out of 219 movies.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - bobrap - 2017-05-28

Hey Rob,
Just wondering if the movie data sites (IMDB, TMDB) are having problems or maybe changed things. I've been trying to scrape some movies and MC just hangs on some titles. When I esc to cancel, it hangs and won't cancel. Task manger is the only way to exit MC. Haven't changed anything in my win10 setup. Thanks Huh

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2017-05-28

(2017-05-28, 16:17)bobrap Wrote: Hey Rob,
Just wondering if the movie data sites (IMDB, TMDB) are having problems or maybe changed things. I've been trying to scrape some movies and MC just hangs on some titles. When I esc to cancel, it hangs and won't cancel. Task manger is the only way to exit MC. Haven't changed anything in my win10 setup. Thanks Huh

Haven't noticed anything changing with them, and yes, sometimes scraping a movie it seems like MC hangs, but MC comes back after a minute or two.
What happend then I don't know as it is in external code we can't debug, but is is rare.

I do know that I changed MC over to using OMDBApi for some searches, and OMDBApi have gone to a subscription service, so we've lost access through them.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Edworld - 2017-05-31

(2017-05-28, 19:19)vbat99 Wrote:

Haven't noticed anything changing with them, and yes, sometimes scraping a movie it seems like MC hangs, but MC comes back after a minute or two.
What happend then I don't know as it is in external code we can't debug, but is is rare.

I do know that I changed MC over to using OMDBApi for some searches, and OMDBApi have gone to a subscription service, so we've lost access through them.

I think paid service is a temporary thing. What data were you downloading from OMDBapi?

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2017-05-31

(2017-05-31, 03:02)Edworld Wrote: I think paid service is a temporary thing. What data were you downloading from OMDBapi?

We were retrieving the Votes and Ratings for Series and Episodes, as well as Movie Votes and Ratings.
Specially if there is no IMDB Id associated to the Series/Episode or Movie.

But, OMDBApi is a last resort to get the data, and I have checked the code that we are handling any result from OMDBApi, including the issue that we have no api key.
Basically, MC shouldn't be crashing due to OMDBapi.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - bobrap - 2017-06-01

Just a follow up to my "problem". Again, user error rears it's ugly head. I had edited a few mkv files to get rid of excess audio and subs and add chapter markers. Seems the chapter markers was the problem. MC doesn't like files with 10,000+ chaptersRofl. Won't be doing that again.

Feature request. When going into the preference screens, would it be possible to have them full screen or an option for that? My resolution and TV don't play well with those screens. I have to move the window up to see the apply/close button.

Also, movies have a hot key for setting watched status. Is there one for TV? Thanks!

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2017-06-01

(2017-06-01, 18:04)bobrap Wrote: Just a follow up to my "problem". Again, user error rears it's ugly head. I had edited a few mkv files to get rid of excess audio and subs and add chapter markers. Seems the chapter markers was the problem. MC doesn't like files with 10,000+ chaptersRofl. Won't be doing that again.

Feature request. When going into the preference screens, would it be possible to have them full screen or an option for that? My resolution and TV don't play well with those screens. I have to move the window up to see the apply/close button.

Also, movies have a hot key for setting watched status. Is there one for TV? Thanks!

Woah, 10,000 chapters. LOL. Yeah, that'd have a weird effect.

As for Preferences screen, this is a fixed size window. If I made it resizeable, some of the control would probably move around.
But, what I can do is add F-Keys. Say F3 is Apply & Close. F4 is Apply, and as current, Esc is close.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2017-06-02

New Release.

Media Companion 3.676b

As visitors to Media Companions codeplex site may have noticed, Codeplex is closing down.
The past five week have been busy with choosing an alternative hosting site, and moving over the Code, Documentation, etc and cleaning up.
SourceForge has been chosen for a number of reasons, and for the next two months, we will be updating both Codeplex and SourceForge pages, until the final move.

I hope you will stick with us during this changeover. When we do shift, there will be notification here to redirect you to the new site.
Those interested, can look at: https://mediacompanion.sourceforge.io/index.html
Main SourceForge page is at: https://sourceforge.net/projects/mediacompanion/

I know the main index page isn't very flashy, so I'd love for anyone to help make MC's homepage artsy/inviting. Message me directly or past up in the Discussions forum, here or on Source Forge.

So, apologies for the delay in releasing a new build. There have been some big bugs, and memory footprint improvements.

New:
  • Tv - Add DVD episode number to episode nfo (for future use).
  • TV - Add Rating overlay for TV Series Fanart.
  • Movie - Add check if actor image is present, then don't download image unless user has allowed overwrite thumbs.
  • MC - Add option to only store actors that have downloadable thumbnails.
  • Preferences - Add F3 to Apply and close, F4 to Apply, Esc to close.

Fixed:
  • TV - Catch couple errors if data not returned from TVDb, some code clean-up.
  • TV - Catch error if corrupt image downloaded, allow continue scraping episodes.
  • TV - Correct issue of cultural decimal separator for Rating overlay.
  • TV - Refresh all only load cache data from nfo's else memory usage over large volume of episodes can cause out of memory.
  • TV - Catch corrupt xml download.
  • TV - On manual Episode rename, check if file exists first, as we get details from Cache.
  • TV - Fix a crash if nfo no longer exists.
  • Movie - Fix TMDB change movie not getting tmdb Id from url.
  • Movie - Fix enabling XBMC Link after making preference changes.
  • Movie - Fix Multi-mode saving would merge every movies tags together, if no changes were made.
  • MC - Fix saving of PathSubstitution xml file.
  • MC - Fix where autoscreenshot delay was not updated after preference change.

And, Please, if you experience any crashes, post up an Issue on Media Companion's site
Feedback would be appreciated.

Download Link for MC 3.676b x86 & x64

Revision History

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Edworld - 2017-06-04

vbat99,

Not sure there is a way to do this. MC list 729 movies while Kodi shows 728. Is there a way to find out why MC is higher?

Found the issue, I had a movie with 2 NFO's.

I ended exporting the data base to excel and did a find duplicates.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2017-06-04

Was about to suggest check general filter - duplicates.
Glad you found the issue.

Sent from my GT-I9100

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - mata7 - 2017-06-06

(2017-04-26, 03:23)vbat99 Wrote:
(2017-04-25, 08:23)mata7 Wrote: please can you add that option, at least like that we have choice

thank you very much

I Will add to the next release. I assume you'd want this to cover Movies and TV Series? So one option only required?

thank you for adding this really appreciated

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - MANswers - 2017-06-07

My apologies for asking an irrelevant question.
But here is my dilemma, although I am using Kodi on my media server, but for remote viewing i have installed Plex. The movie count shows up accurately in Kodi, but is about 700+ movie less in Plex.
Are there some settings in Media Companion that i can enable that can also scrape, or create related files that can be identified under Plex Media server?

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2017-06-07

No. MC isn't coded to support Plex. But I have heard there is a add on for Plex that allows reading of Kodi nfo.

Sent from my GT-I9100

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2017-06-07

You'd be looking for
https://github.com/gboudreau/XBMCnfoTVImporter.bundle
and
https://github.com/gboudreau/XBMCnfoMoviesImporter.bundle

The readme on both those pages say The agent is part of the Unsupported Appstore plugin.
Best I can do to help as I haven't used Plex.