Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Edworld - 2017-12-25

vbatt99,

Happy Holidays!

When you launched scraping tvshows from tmdb you mentioned that tmdb didn't have banners as tvdb does. Is it possible to download the banner from tvdb after the show is scraped with tmdb?

Thanks

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2017-12-25

(2017-12-25, 18:21)Edworld Wrote: vbatt99,

Happy Holidays!

When you launched scraping tvshows from tmdb you mentioned that tmdb didn't have banners as tvdb does. Is it possible to download the banner from tvdb after the show is scraped with tmdb?

Thanks

Gidday Edworld

I did add the function in the scraping that if scraping from TMDb, and the series had a TVDb Id associated, that MC would try and get artwork for banners etc from TVDb.

So that artwork should be downloaded during scraping of a series from TMDb.

Cheers

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - trpltongue - 2017-12-26

Quick question,

I updated to the latest stable release 3.6.9.0 and the issue with movie years being scraped incorrectly came back. All movies are getting a year of 1901. This was an issue over the summer and it was fixed in July, but it’s back again.

Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2017-12-26

3.691b is the latest, and no issues here.

Year as 1901 usually sign of mis - scrape, or site unavailable.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - trpltongue - 2017-12-26

(2017-12-26, 06:31)vbat99 Wrote: 3.691b is the latest, and no issues here.

Oops Smile  Just realized I downloaded the release from codeplex, not sourceforge Smile 

3.691b working perfectly!

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2017-12-26

(2017-12-26, 07:15)trpltongue Wrote:
(2017-12-26, 06:31)vbat99 Wrote: 3.691b is the latest, and no issues here.

Oops Smile  Just realized I downloaded the release from codeplex, not sourceforge Smile 

3.691b working perfectly!

Sweet as, glad its sorted.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2017-12-29

New Release.
Media Companion 3.692b
**Few tweaked options and Bug Fixes.**

New:

Fixed:
  • Tv - Tv Show Selector tab added series overview when choosing different series.
  • Movie - Add option to allow searching Adult Titles to TMDB scraper preferences.
  • Movie - Fix showing year if adding movie to set that isn't part of TMDb set.

And, Please, if you experience any crashes, create a Ticket on Media Companion's SourceForge site
Feedback would be appreciated.

Download Link for MC 3.692b x86 & x64

Revision History

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - netsailor - 2017-12-31

(2017-12-18, 04:58)vbat99 Wrote:
(2017-12-09, 10:57)kuddel Wrote:
(2017-07-18, 13:05)vbat99 Wrote: I'll investigate, as I have a few ideas, but won't promise anything...

Both those options should be possible, will check how best to set this up.  

Any news on these wishes? Especially the sort tile automatically filled with the original movie title would be great. Any news on the "offline movie issue" would be most appreciated as well ;-)

thx for your helb with the TV-series issue with themovieDB, now works like a charm for me!

Kuddel 
Hi Kuddel

I did post an answer to this. https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=129134&pid=2652078#pid2652078
At this time, also showing original movie title is not possible. Insufficient space to display this.
As per my answer, if you hover the mouse over the movie title (left of Sort Title), you get a tooltip window showing the 'Original Title'.

I also just re-tested, using California Man (original title 'Encino Man'), and MC scraped this and set the title to 'Encino Man' as well as the Sort Title was set to 'Encino Man'
I believe Media Companion is doing as you are asking, except for displaying current and original title on the browser tab.

If your mileage is different, please list up some movie titles I can test with, and what results you are getting back.

Cheers 
Hello and happy new year to you and all the forum members,

I started using MC 2 days ago and I am currently scraping my movie collection.

Since you cannot add the original title to the main browser screen would it be possible to display it in the drop down list of the AKA titles and (not necessary but good to have) maybe differentiate it from the real AKA names? You could use bold, put a * at the end or make it a different color.

Thanks in advance.
Dimitris

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2018-01-04

(2017-12-31, 20:18)netsailor Wrote: Hello and happy new year to you and all the forum members,

Since you cannot add the original title to the main browser screen would it be possible to display it in the drop down list of the AKA titles and (not necessary but good to have) maybe differentiate it from the real AKA names? You could use bold, put a * at the end or make it a different color.

Thanks in advance.
Dimitris
Gidday Dimitris

Can you give me a couple of titles that you are scraping, where the Title returned is not the original Title.
I only have one I can test with, California Man (Original Title Encino Man), but it always returns Encino Man.

Thanks.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - john8546 - 2018-01-05

Hello Rob,

There seems to be some issue with the current version of MC. The "Missing Local Actors" in General filters are not getting Scrapped.

If I Re-Scarp Specific Actors , it's getting updated but after hitting refresh it shows  again.

Thanks John.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2018-01-06

(2018-01-05, 06:13)john8546 Wrote: Hello Rob,

There seems to be some issue with the current version of MC. The "Missing Local Actors" in General filters are not getting Scrapped.

If I Re-Scarp Specific Actors , it's getting updated but after hitting refresh it shows  again.

Thanks John.

So Missing Local Actors filter shows movies that have actors images missing.
Are you sure there are images for these actors available against the specific movie?

If you pick a movie that gets listed when you select this filter, and then check on the TMDb site if all actors for selected movie, have images against them.
You'll probably find some actors do not have images. This is not un-common.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Edworld - 2018-01-06

vbatt99,

Rescraping actors is giving me an error

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Exception: TMDb is unavailable!
   at Media_Companion.TMDb.Fetch()
   at Media_Companion.TMDb.get_Cast()
   at Media_Companion.Movie.GetTmdbActors()
   at Media_Companion.Movie.RescrapeSpecific(RescrapeList rl)
   at Media_Companion.Movies.BatchRescrapeSpecific(List`1 NfoFilenames, RescrapeList rl)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
   at Media_Companion.Form1.CallSubByName(String SubName)
   at Media_Companion.Form1.BckWrkScnMovies_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)

In settings, I have it to 25 actors, but in some cases the log is showing it scraped 90

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - netsailor - 2018-01-07

(2018-01-04, 10:05)vbat99 Wrote:
(2017-12-31, 20:18)netsailor Wrote: Hello and happy new year to you and all the forum members,

Thanks in advance.
Dimitris
Gidday Dimitris

Can you give me a couple of titles that you are scraping, where the Title returned is not the original Title.
I only have one I can test with, California Man (Original Title Encino Man), but it always returns Encino Man.

Thanks.  
There is something wrong with the scraping but I cannot understand the pattern.

I am using V3.6.9.2 and I have checked the 'IMDB-Where available scrape the original title instead of title' option.

Some examples are below:
 http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2191082/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1  The original title is "A Promise". The movie is scraped with the Greek title "Mia yposhesi". This could be considered correct as I am in Greece, but because it's not using the Greek character set I would like to use the original title. Using the drop down list on the main browser and cross-checking with the IMDB AKA page I see that the first (original title) and last (Russia) are missing.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3759416/?ref_=nv_sr_3 The original title is "Astérix: Le domaine des dieux" and the movie is scraped with the UK title "Asterix and Obelix: Mansion of the Gods" although there exists a correct greek title. The drop down list lacks the Greek and Russian titles.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0338512/?ref_=nv_sr_1 The movie is scraped with the Greek title and again the Russian is missing.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099334/?ref_=nv_sr_1 There are 19 alternative titles but only 9 in the drop down.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2018-01-08

(2018-01-06, 18:01)Edworld Wrote: vbatt99,

Rescraping actors is giving me an error

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Exception: TMDb is unavailable!
   at Media_Companion.TMDb.Fetch()
   at Media_Companion.TMDb.get_Cast()
   at Media_Companion.Movie.GetTmdbActors()
   at Media_Companion.Movie.RescrapeSpecific(RescrapeList rl)
   at Media_Companion.Movies.BatchRescrapeSpecific(List`1 NfoFilenames, RescrapeList rl)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
   at Media_Companion.Form1.CallSubByName(String SubName)
   at Media_Companion.Form1.BckWrkScnMovies_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)

In settings, I have it to 25 actors, but in some cases the log is showing it scraped 90

That's a weird one.
I'll double check all the actor code, as there was some changes going on.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2018-01-08

(2018-01-07, 00:00)netsailor Wrote: There is something wrong with the scraping but I cannot understand the pattern.

I am using V3.6.9.2 and I have checked the 'IMDB-Where available scrape the original title instead of title' option.

Some examples are below:
 http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2191082/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1  The original title is "A Promise". The movie is scraped with the Greek title "Mia yposhesi". This could be considered correct as I am in Greece, but because it's not using the Greek character set I would like to use the original title. Using the drop down list on the main browser and cross-checking with the IMDB AKA page I see that the first (original title) and last (Russia) are missing.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3759416/?ref_=nv_sr_3 The original title is "Astérix: Le domaine des dieux" and the movie is scraped with the UK title "Asterix and Obelix: Mansion of the Gods" although there exists a correct greek title. The drop down list lacks the Greek and Russian titles.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0338512/?ref_=nv_sr_1 The movie is scraped with the Greek title and again the Russian is missing.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099334/?ref_=nv_sr_1 There are 19 alternative titles but only 9 in the drop down.

That is another bug that has been in Media Companion for a very long time.
For some reason, both Greek and Russian AKA's were ignored.
I am not sure why, but for the next release, I have allowed these two languages as well.
If, there are issues that arise because of this, I will have to disable them again till I can figure out what is causing the faulting.

In Media Companion, You can rest the mouse over the title box, and the Original Title is Displayed.
Now, if you click the down arrow to select another title, the Original Title is shows at the top, bracketed by three astrix.
ie: ***Deux frères***

Also, the option IMDB-Where available scrape the original title instead of title will now store the Original Title as the Title of the Movie, for both IMDB scraping, and TMDb scraping.

So, watch out for the next release, likely before this weekend.