Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released & Alpha with Frodo TV support - fma965 - 2013-01-23

(2013-01-23, 00:14)vbat99 Wrote: Tv Batch rescrape, (not episode, but top TV Show), selecting "search for and download" artwork or fanart, does not scrape frodo artwork.

Right well see this is what im saying. so much repeated code hard to find it all, will check it out...
(2013-01-23, 00:14)vbat99 Wrote: R-click show and select "Find missing art for show" will save season01-poster and 02-poster, and not -banner. this is for shows that don't have any banners.

Ok, that might be confusing. Hart of Dixie has only main poster and banner on thetvdb site, no banners for season 1 or 2.
Scraped Hart Of Dixie with "Pre-frodo" option, then changed to "Frodo Onwards" options, and selected "find missing artwork"
This found and scraped all Frodo artwork, but where before I "checked root for new shows" it saved 01-poster.jpg and 01-banner.jpg, and they were same image. this time saved only 01-poster.jpg and 02-poster.jpg.
umm sorry i don't quite understand that

(2013-01-23, 00:14)vbat99 Wrote: It didn't try and save 01-banner.jpg. That's good, you may be able to find the code for this and correct in the other area's.

Not sure, but hope I'm helping in nailing it down for you.
and again sorry i still don't understand Sad

im taking a break, shower, tv, gaming Smile brain hurts, gonna try and modulize Huh put stuff in functions/subs/modules/classes if i can work out where this almost duplicate code is.

Keep reporting bugs Smile thanks

screw the gaming part ... coding is like gaming ...

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released & Alpha with Frodo TV support - vbat99 - 2013-01-23

OK.
with MC set to Frodo onwards, I emptied Hart Of Dixie Folder (on computer), removed "Hart Of Dixie" from Folder list (in MC).

Go Tv Shows, Check Roots for New Shows.

MC finds "Hart of Dixie" and starts downloading the artwork. Now, Hart Of Dixie does not have any Banners for Season 1 or Season 2 on TheTvDb site, but MC saves
season01-poster.jpg
season01-banner.jpg
These two files are the same image, the poster for season 1 is saved as both -poster and -banner.

Now, empty Hard Of Dixie Folder (on Computer), removed "Hart Of Dixie" from MC Folder List, and change MC to "Pre-Frodo".

MC successfully scraped all artwork in Pre-Frodo format.
At this point, I change MC back to "Frodo and Onwards".

Right click "Hart Of Dixie" and select "Find Missing Art For This Show"

Now, MC downloads and saves all artwork in Frodo format. So now I have Pre-frodo and Frodo-onwards files under "Hart of Dixie" folder.

At this point I notice that I only have
season01-poster.jpg
and
season02-poster.jpg

No -banner.jpg (as there isn't any on thetvdb)

Selecting "Find Missing Art For This Show" seems to know there is no banners for Season 1 or 2, and doesn't try and save a file as season01-banner.jpg.

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released & Alpha with Frodo TV support - fma965 - 2013-01-23

(2013-01-23, 00:34)vbat99 Wrote: OK.
with MC set to Frodo onwards, I emptied Hart Of Dixie Folder (on computer), removed "Hart Of Dixie" from Folder list (in MC).

MC finds "Hart of Dixie" and starts downloading the artwork. Now, Hart Of Dixie does not have any Banners for Season 1 or Season 2 on TheTvDb site, but MC saves
season01-poster.jpg
season01-banner.jpg
These two files are the same image, the poster for season 1 is saved as both -poster and -banner.

Now, empty Hard Of Dixie Folder (on Computer), removed "Hart Of Dixie" from MC Folder List, and change MC to "Pre-Frodo".

MC successfully scraped all artwork in Pre-Frodo format.
At this point, I change MC back to "Frodo and Onwards".

Right click "Hart Of Dixie" and select "Find Missing Art For This Show"

Now, MC downloads and saves all artwork in Frodo format. So now I have Pre-frodo and Frodo-onwards files under "Hart of Dixie" folder.

At this point I notice that I only have
season01-poster.jpg
and
season02-poster.jpg

No -banner.jpg (as there isn't any on thetvdb)

Selecting "Find Missing Art For This Show" seems to know there is no banners for Season 1 or 2, and doesn't try and save a file as season01-banner.jpg.
ah right well im back on the case, gave up on tv so much rubbish on Smile

thanks for the detailed, clear report Smile makes sense now

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released & Alpha with Frodo TV support - vbat99 - 2013-01-23

Yeah, us kiwi's can screw up the English language some. LOL

(2013-01-23, 01:06)vbat99 Wrote: Yeah, us kiwi's can screw up the English language some. LOL

lol, yh that and the fact that it wasn't the easiest thing to explain, currently comparing to massive blocks of code and trying to work out if all or atleast most of it is the same.

sidenote: tapatalk notifier for chrome is awesome, thats how i reply instantly to all my thread here, xda-developers, and more Smile

UPDATE: successfully merged around 350 lines x 2 in to 1 function/sub with 350 lines Smile saving around 350 lines, plus fixing the previous bug Big Grin getting better at this

um is it good that it gets both seasonxx.tbn and seasonxx-poster/banner.jpg ? coz thats what it is currently doing... Huh#

woah big changes happening now Smile making it much cleaner and still working

(2013-01-23, 01:07)fma965 Wrote:
(2013-01-23, 01:06)vbat99 Wrote: Yeah, us kiwi's can screw up the English language some. LOL

lol, yh that and the fact that it wasn't the easiest thing to explain, currently comparing to massive blocks of code and trying to work out if all or atleast most of it is the same.

sidenote: tapatalk notifier for chrome is awesome, thats how i reply instantly to all my thread here, xda-developers, and more Smile

UPDATE: successfully merged around 350 lines x 2 in to 1 function/sub with 350 lines Smile saving around 350 lines, plus fixing the previous bug Big Grin getting better at this

um is it good that it gets both seasonxx.tbn and seasonxx-poster/banner.jpg ? coz thats what it is currently doing... Huh#

woah big changes happening now Smile making it much cleaner and still working

Well, seasonxx.tbn and seasonxx-poster/banner.jpg, is what the "Both" option would be doing. Looks like need a If function for which <xbmcartwork> then either seasonxx.tbn or seasonxx-poster/banner.jpg else both.

What do I know, I can program...well, actually it's been a very long time ago, and that was machine code.. Many, many years ago.

ALMOST EVERYTHING WORKING PERFECTLY

just the manual poster/banner/artwork editor to fix then i think its done

oh and that stupid bug still with the season-all-banner/poster.jpg needing to be done twice before it works... working on it still though Smile
Uploading latest build to this post and the post mentioned on OP Smile

Download > http://puu.sh/1Rizs

More commits added to my fork.

Cool. Quick check and Frodo onwards hick-up on episodes.
saving and .tbn only with Frodo-onwards selected.

MC Log
Code:
!!! With File : E:\zTVTmp\Glee\Season01\S01E01 - Pilot.avi
!!! Detected  : Season : 01 Episode : 01
Season : 01
Episode: 01
Looking up scraper options from tvshow.nfo
Using Settings: TVdbID: 83610 SortOrder: default Language: en Actor Source: imdb
Scraping body of episode: 1
Scraping actors from IMDB
Saving episode
!!! Rename aborted - file already exists : E:\zTVTmp\Glee\Season01\S01E01 - Pilot.tbn
TV Show - Batch Rescrape, episode, attempt to download missing screenshot does download and save correctly.
"S01E01 - Pilot-thumb.jpg"

(2013-01-23, 02:18)vbat99 Wrote: Cool. Quick check and Frodo onwards hick-up on episodes.
saving and .tbn only with Frodo-onwards selected.

MC Log
Code:
!!! With File : E:\zTVTmp\Glee\Season01\S01E01 - Pilot.avi
!!! Detected  : Season : 01 Episode : 01
Season : 01
Episode: 01
Looking up scraper options from tvshow.nfo
Using Settings: TVdbID: 83610 SortOrder: default Language: en Actor Source: imdb
Scraping body of episode: 1
Scraping actors from IMDB
Saving episode
!!! Rename aborted - file already exists : E:\zTVTmp\Glee\Season01\S01E01 - Pilot.tbn
TV Show - Batch Rescrape, episode, attempt to download missing screenshot does download and save correctly.
"S01E01 - Pilot-thumb.jpg"
LOL its getting late, i just tested this exact thing and it worked fine... pretty sure i know the issue think i forgot to build the release Tongue

No Prob. Just to let you know, it is no longer saving season banner if the banner does not exist on thetvdb.

Re-scraped Glee, and it got season 1 through 3 saved poster and banner, season 4 only poster. and no extra seasons. This is good. You've got that fixed, scratch one more bug. LOL.

Cheers.

how did you tell it to find the episode thumbs? this program has many ways to do the same thing lol ... so how did you do it the first time?
(2013-01-23, 02:24)vbat99 Wrote: No Prob. Just to let you know, it is no longer saving season banner if the banner does not exist on thetvdb.

Re-scraped Glee, and it got season 1 through 3 saved poster and banner, season 4 only poster. and no extra seasons. This is good. You've got that fixed, scratch one more bug. LOL.

Cheers.

yep i removed a awful lot of code and created a sub for the same code (only once) and therefore less issues with consistency as its the same code. i guess its called refactoring?
new version being uploaded, pretty sure it fixed the .tbn issue Smile

http://puu.sh/1Rjc0

there are two ways, main "Search for new Episodes" button,

and right-click a show and select "Search THIS show for new episodes"

If I click the button, no error in mc log. If I right click and search, then I get an error.

But, neither time is the episode image saved as a jpg or -thumb.jpg. Each time (with Frodo onwards selected) its saved as tbn.

(2013-01-23, 02:37)vbat99 Wrote: there are two ways, main "Search for new Episodes" button,

and right-click a show and select "Search THIS show for new episodes"

If I click the button, no error in mc log. If I right click and search, then I get an error.

But, neither time is the episode image saved as a jpg or -thumb.jpg. Each time (with Frodo onwards selected) its saved as tbn.

even with new version? never knew about the second method
dam it does still do it Sad ok give me a second now im sure i know where the code is

Didn't see that you'd done another. Checking now.
I'll wait

(2013-01-23, 02:41)vbat99 Wrote: Didn't see that you'd done another. Checking now.
I'll wait

i swear this code is invisible, even if i search for ".tbn" and go through each one i still don't find it Sad well im off soon anyway, unlike yesterday i mean it Smile
think i found it Smile