Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Lee Thompson - 2018-01-22

Just a point of interest, a lot of films when converted to PAL uses a technique where they speed up the film speed by 4% (to get 25fps).    Sometimes they pitch correct, sometimes not.   (You can read more here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/576i )  It's annoying as hell really, I wish they wouldn't do it.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Lee Thompson - 2018-01-22

I wonder if the IMDB scraping issue might be mitigated by having a set sleep time between scrape attempts.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2018-01-22

(2018-01-22, 02:57)Lee Thompson Wrote: Just a point of interest, a lot of films when converted to PAL uses a technique where they speed up the film speed by 4% (to get 25fps).    Sometimes they pitch correct, sometimes not.   (You can read more here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/576i )  It's annoying as hell really, I wish they wouldn't do it.

Yes, I have heard of this, But usually only for BroadCast. Movies release on DVD or Bluray have different technique's like adding an extra frame, or for NTSC 3:2 pull-down. But, thats another can or worms.

There would be no idea if the runtime on IMDb was correct for sped-up film or true frame-rate.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2018-01-22

(2018-01-22, 02:58)Lee Thompson Wrote: I wonder if the IMDB scraping issue might be mitigated by having a set sleep time between scrape attempts.

Yes, done that. Also used Google, Duck Duck, Bing, IMDb etc to search for the IMDB Id. Also experimented in rotating through all of these to spread the load.
Bing started timing out very fast. Duck Duck couldn't confirm first result was always the movie you were searching for. Google and IMDb were most reliable.
But, every time restarted scraping of new movies, the time-out time would shorten.
ie: Scan 50 movies OK
Next scan 100 movies, 80% success.
Scan another 100 movies, 40% success.
and less, and less.

This is due to IMDb not having an API, and having to mine their html page.
Google is pretty much the same.

Plot Keywords from IMDb fixed and new option to not save failed nfo added to Media Companion.
Will be available in the next release.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Edworld - 2018-01-22

Vbat99,

can you mine any html page?

i read that listitem.rating(imdb) now works and you are able to show different ratings depending on where you scraped data from. If that is the case, then I assume that if the nfo has the rating, the skin should be able to display.

(2018-01-22, 05:31)Edworld Wrote: Vbat99,

i read that listitem.rating(imdb) now works and you are able to show different ratings depending on where you scraped data from. If that is the case, then I assume that if the nfo has the rating, the skin should be able to display.

Anyone can mine a html page, its just knowing what to look for and to manipulate the extracted data to get what you want.
It's harder when its a moving target.

Its why I recommend TMDb for scraping the main movie stuff, then select what IMDb data your'd prefer.

Now, what is this listitem.rating(imdb) your talking about?

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - mata7 - 2018-01-22

(2018-01-21, 09:34)vbat99 Wrote:
(2018-01-21, 09:23)mata7 Wrote: i honestly understand half of what you say my english is not good, all i can say is that the build before this one i was able to manually press that grey button and dowload any trailer, anyways thanks

It's all good. I'll revert this code for the next release. 
thank you very much

(2018-01-22, 03:11)vbat99 Wrote:
(2018-01-22, 02:57)Lee Thompson Wrote: Just a point of interest, a lot of films when converted to PAL uses a technique where they speed up the film speed by 4% (to get 25fps).    Sometimes they pitch correct, sometimes not.   (You can read more here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/576i )  It's annoying as hell really, I wish they wouldn't do it.

Yes, I have heard of this, But usually only for BroadCast. Movies release on DVD or Bluray have different technique's like adding an extra frame, or for NTSC 3:2 pull-down. But, thats another can or worms.

There would be no idea if the runtime on IMDb was correct for sped-up film or true frame-rate. 

It' s not just for broadcast, I have a PAL section of my DVD library that says otherwise Smile

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Edworld - 2018-01-22

(2018-01-22, 08:32)vbat99 Wrote:
(2018-01-22, 05:31)Edworld Wrote: Vbat99,

Anyone can mine a html page, its just knowing what to look for and to manipulate the extracted data to get what you want.
It's harder when its a moving target.

Its why I recommend TMDb for scraping the main movie stuff, then select what IMDb data your'd prefer.

Now, what is this listitem.rating(imdb) your talking about? 
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=327353&pid=2694699#pid2694699

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - ZaPHoN - 2018-01-24

Is anyone having a problem with adding and saving a tag to TV Shows on MC3.693b x64?

I try entering a tag click the save button and it goes blank. If I add it manually to the nfo file it will show up in the tag field but when enter the same tag name and save again MC removes the tag in the nfo file.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2018-01-25

(2018-01-24, 07:25)ZaPHoN Wrote: Is anyone having a problem with adding and saving a tag to TV Shows on MC3.693b x64?

I try entering a tag click the save button and it goes blank. If I add it manually to the nfo file it will show up in the tag field but when enter the same tag name and save again MC removes the tag in the nfo file.

Yeah, sorry about that...forgot to add the saving routine for tags. Next release will have this fixed.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - ZaPHoN - 2018-01-25

No worries. Thought it was my system for a min there. Was pulling my hair out trying to find out what I did wrong lol

Thanks for the reply

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - mata7 - 2018-01-25

is anyone having problem wiht the tmdb, is really slow to display poster image or fanart images, i mean like really slow sometimes dont even display the image on the poster tab on the available posters, imdb work just fine, i will like to know if is only me

thanks

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2018-01-26

(2018-01-25, 23:32)mata7 Wrote: is anyone having problem wiht the tmdb, is really slow to display poster image or fanart images, i mean like really slow sometimes dont even display the image on the poster tab on the available posters, imdb work just fine, i will like to know if is only me

thanks

Yes, can confirm TMDb is extremely slow response at this time.

But I see Travis has made some image server changes, relating to image sizes. I'll need to investigate what is slowing it down.

Will keep this tread informed...but not today.