Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Edworld - 2018-02-25

(2018-02-25, 08:07)vbat99 Wrote:
(2018-02-25, 04:57)Edworld Wrote:
(2018-02-20, 05:23)vbat99 Wrote: MC was suppose to get MetaCritic score from OMDbapi, but now that I see it is available on IMDb, this has been fixed.
Next release will have
Code:
<sorttitle>Beetlejuice</sorttitle>
<ratings>
<rating name="themoviedb" max="10">
<value>7.2</value>
<votes>1826</votes>
</rating>
<rating name="imdb" max="10" default="true">
<value>7.5</value>
<votes>213003</votes>
</rating>
<rating name="metacritic" max="10">
<value>7</value>
<votes>14</votes>
</rating>
</ratings>
<year>1988</year>
As well as the normal
Code:
<metascore>7.0</metascore>
I can see imdb and tmdb with ratings and votes, but not metacritics.

Can you set the max value on metacritics to 100? and will kodi handle a value higher than 10? 

Have you selected that option in Movie Preferences -> Scraper tab, TMDB XBMC scraper, Metascore
If your using IMDb scraper, then Metascore is automatically scraped.

But note: Not all movies have a Metascore on IMDb. 
 Apologies for not explaining. I get the normal metascore, but not metacritics in the same format imdb and tmdb (new feature)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2018-02-26

(2018-02-25, 19:11)Edworld Wrote:
(2018-02-25, 08:07)vbat99 Wrote:
(2018-02-25, 04:57)Edworld Wrote: I can see imdb and tmdb with ratings and votes, but not metacritics.

Can you set the max value on metacritics to 100? and will kodi handle a value higher than 10? 

Have you selected that option in Movie Preferences -> Scraper tab, TMDB XBMC scraper, Metascore
If your using IMDb scraper, then Metascore is automatically scraped.

But note: Not all movies have a Metascore on IMDb. 
 Apologies for not explaining. I get the normal metascore, but not metacritics in the same format imdb and tmdb (new feature)

Not sure why, I just tested with TMDb scraper, and with IMDb scraper and getting:
TMD with Ratings & Votes from IMDb, and Metascore from IMDb selected.
Code:
<ratings>
            <value>7.1</value>
            <votes>100504</votes>
        </rating>
            <value>6.5</value>
            <votes>13</votes>
        </rating>
        <rating name="themoviedb" max="10">
            <value>6.6</value>
            <votes>1090</votes>
        </rating>
    </ratings>
    <year>1990</year>
    <premiered>1990-01-19</premiered>
    <rating>7.1</rating>
    <userrating>0</userrating>
    <metascore>6.5</metascore>

From TMDb: with only Metascore selected.
Code:
<ratings>
            <value>6.5</value>
            <votes>13</votes>
        </rating>
        <rating name="themoviedb" max="10" default="true">
            <value>6.6</value>
            <votes>1090</votes>
        </rating>
    </ratings>
    <year>1990</year>
    <rating>6.6</rating>

And from IMDb Scraper:
Code:
<ratings>
            <value>7.1</value>
            <votes>100504</votes>
        </rating>
            <value>6.5</value>
            <votes>13</votes>
        </rating>
    </ratings>
    <year>1990</year>
    <rating>7.1</rating>

Your other questions was in regards to setting the MetaCritic value between 0 and 100. I can't do this, as it is set in Kodi code to support only a value between 0 and 10.0
Which does give a range of 100 points ie Value of 95 Metacritic is displayed as 9.5.

I believe Kodi is keeping TMDB, IMDb and Metacritic data consistant and withing the same parameters.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2018-02-27

@Edworld

Have been advised that in certain cases, if scraping only from IMDB, the old tags
<rating> and <votes>
may be left empty.
A fix for this is ready for the next release.

Now, this only affects Media Companion at this time, as I have not tested Kodi with new nfo layout and with <rating>, <votes> tags still in place.
I am unable to get a Skin to display multiple ratings/votes.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Edworld - 2018-02-28

Thanks

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - john8546 - 2018-03-02

(2018-02-24, 07:00)vbat99 Wrote: Change in servers at SourceForge is not allowing the existing code to read the Folder titles, causing MC to fail to detect a new release.
I will place a fix for the next release, but it will be the release after the next that will be detected.
Hello Rob,

MC now detects new version from source forge and also asks to download the new version, may be they have changed back to the default state as it was earlier.

Thanks John.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2018-03-03

(2018-03-02, 23:41)john8546 Wrote:
(2018-02-24, 07:00)vbat99 Wrote: Change in servers at SourceForge is not allowing the existing code to read the Folder titles, causing MC to fail to detect a new release.
I will place a fix for the next release, but it will be the release after the next that will be detected.
Hello Rob,

MC now detects new version from source forge and also asks to download the new version, may be they have changed back to the default state as it was earlier.

Thanks John.

Hey John

The fun isn't over yet. Another 24hr offline of SourceForge, so I do not know if the update detection routines will still work when SF finally finishes fixing their glitches.
It'll be good to have detection working against SF again for sure.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - jimjulian - 2018-03-03

Hello,

Just started using Media Companion. Sourceforge is offline and Codeplex redirects to Sourceforge.
   Is there an option to store accessories such as posters and fanart in a different directory than the movie? I am testing several movie database programs and need to keep the movie database free of anything but the movies.

Thank you,
jimjulian

Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2018-03-03

Hello Jim

Media Companion was originally developed for XBMC, now known as KODI.

Kodi's requirement is for Local movie info to be with the movie file. So artwork and nfo need to be in the same folder as the video file.

As this time, there is no plan to change this behaviour in Media Companion.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - jimjulian - 2018-03-03

Thank you.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Edworld - 2018-03-04

(2018-02-27, 23:38)vbat99 Wrote: @Edworld

Have been advised that in certain cases, if scraping only from IMDB, the old tags
<rating> and <votes>
may be left empty.
A fix for this is ready for the next release.

Now, this only affects Media Companion at this time, as I have not tested Kodi with new nfo layout and with <rating>, <votes> tags still in place.
I am unable to get a Skin to display multiple ratings/votes.
I believe Aura uses UMS and Skin helper

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - user419 - 2018-03-04

Started using MC again after a long hiatus, downloaded 3.6.9.7 and started my media import fresh. It loaded everything up fine and was running well but after adding a few new shows, it was updating and froze up, I decided the best thing to do was to quit the app. It now fails to start, stalling on Loading TV Database. Any possibility of getting this back up any running without loading my media back in.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2018-03-04

(2018-03-04, 12:27)user419 Wrote: Started using MC again after a long hiatus, downloaded 3.6.9.7 and started my media import fresh. It loaded everything up fine and was running well but after adding a few new shows, it was updating and froze up, I decided the best thing to do was to quit the app. It now fails to start, stalling on Loading TV Database. Any possibility of getting this back up any running without loading my media back in.

First, if MC is stalling on your TV database, zip it up and pm me a link so I can check the file, find out why.
Then, delete the Tv database file (tvcache.xml) and then on next MC start it will be rebuilt.

Sorry, this is the only choice.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - user419 - 2018-03-04

(2018-03-04, 19:21)vbat99 Wrote: First, if MC is stalling on your TV database, zip it up and pm me a link so I can check the file, find out why.
Then, delete the Tv database file (tvcache.xml) and then on next MC start it will be rebuilt.

Okay so I've removed the tvcache.xml and MC is currently building a new database, it's taking some time so I'll just leave it be. Not sure why but I am unable to send you a PM, my account is activated but not sure if it also needs mod approval first, it's a new account.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Karellen - 2018-03-04

@user419

You are still on a probation account. All new memberships work this way. There is a time and post count component before your account is fully activated with PM privileges. You still have a while to go.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2018-03-04

(2018-03-04, 21:42)user419 Wrote:
(2018-03-04, 19:21)vbat99 Wrote: First, if MC is stalling on your TV database, zip it up and pm me a link so I can check the file, find out why.

Okay so I've removed the tvcache.xml and MC is currently building a new database, it's taking some time so I'll just leave it be. Not sure why but I am unable to send you a PM, my account is activated but not sure if it also needs mod approval first, it's a new account.

As Karellen mentioned your account is still in probation period, then it would be best open a ticket or discussion on SourceForge site. MC on SourceForge
There you can attached the cache file and we can progress with any issues found.