Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2018-04-03

If you still have the data, I can make a test build that will show what the error actually is? It may help me to stop this from occurring for others.
Le me know if your interested.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - mata7 - 2018-04-03

sure let me know what i have to do

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2018-04-03

(2018-04-03, 20:38)mata7 Wrote: sure let me know what i have to do
Sent you a PM

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - doobre - 2018-04-08

Hi there
quick question, apologies if its in the wrong thread..
but does MC on a window 7 install have a database file that is worthwhile backing up, or since I export to single .nfo files matching each media file, it makes a backup irrelevant..?
cheers

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2018-04-09

(2018-04-08, 13:07)doobre Wrote: Hi there
quick question, apologies if its in the wrong thread..
but does MC on a window 7 install have a database file that is worthwhile backing up, or since I export to single .nfo files matching each media file, it makes a backup irrelevant..?
cheers

Sorry for late reply, not getting my notifications.

MC has the all the cache files in the Settings folder.
But, if you are also storing the movie nfo's with the movie, then backing these up is not required. A Refresh of Movies will rebuild the cache from the movie nfo files found.
Same for TV series and episode nfo's.

Cheers

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2018-04-14

New Release.
Media Companion 3.701

New:
  • Movie - Complete additions of Fanart.TV missing artwork filter.
  • MediaExport - Now supports imdb_rating, imdb_votes, tmdb_rating, tmdb_votes, metacritic_rating, metacritic_votes with leading <<nfo: eg: <<nfo:metacritic_votes>>

Fixed:
  • TV - Episode thumbnail improve media info overlay display.
  • TV - Final fix loading episodes if exists file 'season.nfo'. Thanks to Mata7 for tireless testing.
  • Movie - Fix get keywords from TMDb on initial scrape.
  • MediaExport - Movies allow <<votes>> or <<nfo:votes>>

And, Please, if you experience any crashes, create a Ticket on Media Companion's SourceForge site
Feedback would be appreciated.

Download Link for MC 3.701b x86 & x64

Revision History

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - john8546 - 2018-04-16

Hello Rob,

Thanks a bunch for the new version. It works great.
Just a thought... Can MC be added with a exit button to close the software, the cross at the corner works but as a safety measure to close the software the exit button will help.
And also minimize to taskbar option be added to the additional file menu option.

Thanks John.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2018-04-16

(2018-04-16, 02:17)john8546 Wrote: Hello Rob,

Thanks a bunch for the new version. It works great.
Just a thought... Can MC be added with a exit button to close the software, the cross at the corner works but as a safety measure to close the software the exit button will help.
And also minimize to taskbar option be added to the additional file menu option.

Thanks John.

I usually use Keyboard short-cuts.
Alt-F4 - Exit active window
Shift-Win+ down arrow - Minimize Active Window.

See what I can do to add a Exit button. As for Minimize, just as easy to click the taskbar button to minimize MC.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - adun79 - 2018-04-17

Hi, a few questions:

If I select "update IMDb id" for episodes in the rescrape wizard, will it override the current id or only if it's missing? I had to manually update the ids for a bunch of episodes because TVDB had the series/season/episode locked, so if I do a batch rescrape I don't want them to be practically deleted if TVDB doesn't have one

I took a look inside the central folder for actor thumbs and there were thumbs  for episode only actors (I checked in Kodi and they don't appear in movies and series and they also don't have thumbs in Kodi). I tried to do it again for a series by renaming the central forward and batch rescrape episode and show actors, but only show actors were downloaded. Did MC use to download those too and was changed recently? 

I also tried to download the actor thumbs in the show or movie folder, but the nfo has web links instead of local links. Is that normal?

Thanks

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2018-04-17

(2018-04-17, 02:33)adun79 Wrote: Hi, a few questions:

If I select "update IMDb id" for episodes in the rescrape wizard, will it override the current id or only if it's missing? I had to manually update the ids for a bunch of episodes because TVDB had the series/season/episode locked, so if I do a batch rescrape I don't want them to be practically deleted if TVDB doesn't have one

I took a look inside the central folder for actor thumbs and there were thumbs  for episode only actors (I checked in Kodi and they don't appear in movies and series and they also don't have thumbs in Kodi). I tried to do it again for a series by renaming the central forward and batch rescrape episode and show actors, but only show actors were downloaded. Did MC use to download those too and was changed recently? 

I also tried to download the actor thumbs in the show or movie folder, but the nfo has web links instead of local links. Is that normal?

Thanks

Yes, MC will replace the IMDB Id with what it finds from TVDb, even if it is empty. What I can do, is add an option to the Batch wizard to only update empty data.

Central Folder for actor thumbs, has this been linked to Kodi? ie: a path that Kodi can see? In the nfo, the actors thumbnail path should be pointing to the central folder for your actors.

As for Episode actor images, this is a limitation of TVDb. They only give the names of Guest actors, there is nowhere on TVDB to set a guest actors Image.

So Actor images:
If saving of actor images to the .actors folder for Movies and Series, then when Kodi reads the nfo, it first checks if this folder is present, and if the found actor's image is located in the folder.
If not found, then Kodi uses the Web link to download the actors image.

If using a Central folder, we change the web link to a local path where the actors image is stored.

Hope this is of help.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2018-04-17

For next release, TV Batch has new option in Series and in Episodes, Only update if fields are empty.
This will stop the IMDB Id's from being replaced if TVDb returned empty values.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2018-04-21

New Release.
Media Companion 3.702

Couple new options, and more bug fixes.

New:
  • MC - Exit option added to menustrip
  • MC - Added "WebDL" to source list
  • TV - Batch wizard, add Only Empty option for Series and for Episodes.
  • TV - Addition of specials AirsAfter_Season tag. Left-click "Airs Before" label to switch between values for editing. NB: Only AirsAfter_Season or AirsBeforeSeason/AirsBeforeEpisode, can not store all three fields.

Fixed:
  • MC - Update HTML Template guide
  • TV - Fix for DVD Sort Order of episodes.
  • TV - Apply fix for DVD sort order to TVDB Api V2.
  • TV - Fix if actor names have illegal characters from TVDb.

And, Please, if you experience any crashes, create a Ticket on Media Companion's SourceForge site
Feedback would be appreciated.

Download Link for MC 3.702b x86 & x64

Revision History

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - mata7 - 2018-04-28

hey vbat can you please add if is posible a way to make the default fanart 4k 3840 instead of 1080p, like if is there a 4k fanar there is alot now, then download that first if is not then get the 1080p, or at least a option to have maybe other people dont care or need it but we can have choice

thanks

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2018-04-29

(2018-04-28, 23:43)mata7 Wrote: hey vbat can you please add if is posible a way to make the default fanart 4k 3840 instead of 1080p, like if is there a 4k fanar there is alot now, then download that first if is not then get the 1080p, or at least a option to have maybe other people dont care or need it but we can have choice

thanks

Can you give me a movie title that has 4k Fanart available on TMDb please, and I can add the setting to MC for the next release.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2018-04-29

(2018-04-29, 00:51)vbat99 Wrote:
(2018-04-28, 23:43)mata7 Wrote: hey vbat can you please add if is possible a way to make the default fanart 4k 3840 instead of 1080p, like if is there a 4k fanart there is a lot now, then download that first if is not then get the 1080p, or at least a option to have maybe other people don't care or need it but we can have choice

thanks

Can you give me a movie title that has 4k Fanart available on TMDb please, and I can add the setting to MC for the next release.

Re-read your request. For the fanart, we get the fanart that TMDb offers on first scrape. I will look and see what options we have to find other, larger fanart.
In the mean time, I have added 4K and 8K resolutions to the Fanart resizing option in Preferences -> Common.