Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - chrissix666 - 2018-09-03

(2018-09-03, 19:24)MANswers Wrote: How do i get the rotten tomato and other ratings as shown here in this page?
Quote:Do you mind sharing your modded dialogvideoinfo file?

Sure Smile. But your problem has nothing to do with MediaCompanion or .nfo's Wink
Your .nfo's and API stuff is all okay.
In Post #4.526 i wrote the .xml is edited.
This skin is not old, but also not the newest. He still uses the SkinHelperService addon for the ratings in the DialogVideoInfo.
You would have to change a few lines in the DialogVideoInfo.xml, the so-called "ListItems", so he gets the votes from the KodiDB and not the SkinHelperService.
It's not difficult, but you should be a little bit concerned with XML
Please post your topic again in the corresponding skin thread. There we can look at that. Maybe even Skin developer is disposed for implementation on request.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Edworld - 2018-09-04

vbat99,

Having issues with the batch rescrape wizard with movies. In my settings I have tmdb as the scraper, do not have ratings and votes selected on the imdb section.

I run the wizard to update ratings and votes and it doesnt rescrape all the movies, it populates zero on rating and votes on 20 / 30% of the movies. However, if I use the rescrape specific for that movie, it does populate both fields.

Thanks for the support

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - chrissix666 - 2018-09-04

(2018-09-04, 01:45)Edworld Wrote: I run the wizard to update ratings and votes and it doesnt rescrape all the movies, it populates zero on rating and votes on 20 / 30% of the movies. However, if I use the rescrape specific for that movie, it does populate both fields.

When the rotten tomatoes ratings and votes updated arrived, i additionally scrapeed all tmdb ratings and votes into the .nfo afterwards.
It came to me too many omissions/skips during batch rescrape tmdb ratings and votes. Estimated it was also about 20% -30%
I had completely forgotten that because the fix was easy for me:
1) Sort movies by rating
2) Again and again Batch Rescrape all movies with 0.0, with every batch rescrape it gets less and less (always 20% -30%)

Since I have fixed it for myself I can not reproduce it, but on every Batch Rescrape there are skippings and/or overwriting to 0.0
I only had that with Batch Rescrape TMDB rating and votes (imdb rating and votes checkmark unchecked)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - MANswers - 2018-09-04

(2018-09-03, 20:00)chrissix Wrote:
(2018-09-03, 19:24)MANswers Wrote: How do i get the rotten tomato and other ratings as shown here in this page?
Quote:Do you mind sharing your modded dialogvideoinfo file?

Sure Smile. But your problem has nothing to do with MediaCompanion or .nfo's Wink
This skin is not old, but also not the newest. He still uses the SkinHelperService addon for the ratings in the DialogVideoInfo.
You would have to change a few lines in the DialogVideoInfo.xml, the so-called "ListItems", so he gets the votes from the KodiDB and not the SkinHelperService.
Please post your topic again in the corresponding skin thread. There we can look at that. Maybe even Skin developer is disposed for implementation on request. 
Hi Chris, you've quoted me, but forgot to add the instructions on how I can get the rotten tomato, and all the other ratings and votes as seen here in this screenshot.
Right now all this is blank for me...

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - chrissix666 - 2018-09-04

(2018-09-04, 04:05)MANswers Wrote: Hi Chris, you've quoted me, but forgot to add the instructions on how I can get the rotten tomato, and all the other ratings and votes as seen here in this screenshot.
Right now all this is blank for me...
Quote:Sure . But your problem has nothing to do with MediaCompanion or .nfo's 
Please post your topic again in the corresponding skin thread. There we can look at that. Maybe even Skin developer is disposed for implementation on request.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2018-09-04

(2018-09-03, 04:44)Edworld Wrote: vbat99,

For existing movie nfo's... how can I rescrape to include rotten tomatoes (both), tmdb and metacritic?

New movies is not an issue, but existing I can't find a way

thanks
(2018-09-04, 01:45)Edworld Wrote: vbat99,

Having issues with the batch rescrape wizard with movies. In my settings I have tmdb as the scraper, do not have ratings and votes selected on the imdb section.

I run the wizard to update ratings and votes and it doesnt rescrape all the movies, it populates zero on rating and votes on 20 / 30% of the movies. However, if I use the rescrape specific for that movie, it does populate both fields.

Thanks for the support

I do have the regular omdb api keys, or do i need to be a patreon supported every month to obtain the premium keys to draw this data to kodi?

Hi All.

A lot of work is going on under the hood to straighten out the options with TMDB, IMDB, MetaCritic and Rotten tomato votes and ratings. Not just for Movies, but for Series and Episodes as well.
@Edworld. Working on getting better results from TMDb.
@MANswers. a regular omdb api key is all you need, unless your scraping/re-scraping more than a thousand movies or series or episodes in a day.

Apart from that, the next release will be a bonanza of new options.....hope I didn't make that more impressive that it actually is...LOL Big Grin

@chrissix. with regards to movies that return Zero values for Rotten Tomato, can you open a discussion on sourceforge and paste the nfo of one of these movies so I might get an idea what is going on. Cheers

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - MANswers - 2018-09-04

(2018-09-04, 11:10)vbat99 Wrote:
(2018-09-03, 04:44)Edworld Wrote: vbat99,

For existing movie nfo's... how can I rescrape to include rotten tomatoes (both), tmdb and metacritic?

New movies is not an issue, but existing I can't find a way

thanks
(2018-09-04, 01:45)Edworld Wrote: vbat99,

Thanks for the support

I do have the regular omdb api keys, or do i need to be a patreon supported every month to obtain the premium keys to draw this data to kodi?

Hi All.

A lot of work is going on under the hood to straighten out the options with TMDB, IMDB, MetaCritic and Rotten tomato votes and ratings. Not just for Movies, but for Series and Episodes as well.
@Edworld. Working on getting better results from TMDb.
@MANswers. a regular omdb api key is all you need, unless your scraping/re-scraping more than a thousand movies or series or episodes in a day.

Apart from that, the next release will be a bonanza of new options.....hope I didn't make that more impressive that it actually is...LOL Big Grin

@chrissix. with regards to movies that return Zero values for Rotten Tomato, can you open a discussion on sourceforge and paste the nfo of one of these movies so I might get an idea what is going on. Cheers 
OMG, so pepped up. This is going to be an epic release.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - MANswers - 2018-09-05

so the "Detail Info" for a movie was not showing up for me, ratings, critic votes, rotten tomatoes, imdb votes were all blank for me.
I tried adding a new movie to my library and used Kodi scraper, and that new movie shows the "detail info".
What do i need to enable in MC to have this data scraped? And can i just scrape this one bit of info?

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - MANswers - 2018-09-05

The issue is resolved. The issue was not relating to MC. I am sorry for the confusion.
Chris has been very helpful, and he helped me resolve the issue..

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2018-09-08

New Release.
Media Companion 3.718b

Work on Collection artwork from Fanart.Tv and also add RottenTomato Rating/Votes for TV Series and Episodes from OMDBApi. NB. User must have their own API key for these options to be selected.

New:
  • TV - Add multi-ratings to Series and Episode.
  • TV - Get rotten tomato to Series and Episodes if user has entered own OMDb api key.
  • Movie - Collections, add option to get selected Fanart.tv artwork.
  • Movie - Collections, add option to store in sub-folders of Central collections folder.
  • Movie - Collection artwork from Fanart.Tv now listed in Extra Artwork list.
  • Movie - Batch Rescrape Wizard, add extra rating source options.
  • Movie - Add get TMDb ratings on IMDb scraper settings.

Fixed:
  • TV - Fix searching for series with apostrophe in title (now two methods of searching).
  • TV - Fix Episode plots with apostrophe as character code.
  • TV - Fix preview of Fanart.tv images and include KeyArt type.
  • TV - Fix episode scraping in DVD order (Thanks @cg2017).
  • Movie - Fix preview of KeyArt.
  • Movie - Add error handler to Multi-Thread refresh movies.
  • Movie - Replace title with Original title does not apply on rescrape unless rescraping Title or AltTitles. NB. This will affect Renaming if Title or Alt title and Renaming is selected on Rescrape Specific or Batch Wizard.
  • MC - Update AlphaFS (Long path handling) from 2.1.0 to 2.2.6
  • MC - add WEBRip to release source list.

And, Please, if you experience any crashes, create a Ticket on Media Companion's SourceForge site
Feedback would be appreciated.

Download Link for MC 3.718b x86 & x64

Revision History

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Edworld - 2018-09-08

Thanks for the update

On the scraper tab, if you want to scrape with imdb a dropdown of imdb mirror shows up but I am unable to select any of the options.

thanks again

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - bobrap - 2018-09-08

Thanks for the new release.  A couple little things I found.  Two places in movies section, the selection doesn't appear persistent.  Don't know if it's just cosmetic or not.  If I select download movie set art from TMDb, when I restart mc, neither selection is highlighted.  Same for Renaming/naming.  Ignore article section, if I select same as common settings, it doesn't show selected on restart.

If the intent for adding folders to movie sets is to keep inline with Artwork Beef, the naming conventions do not match.  You seem to follow the wiki and start image numbers at 0.  He likes starting with 1.  Movie set name is not included in the file name, ex. poster1 vs. 28 Days_Weeks Later Collection-poster.jpg.  Would be nice to have a Kodi standard Smile .  That's it for now.  Gonna try playing with the new artwork downloading and hope fanart-tv and TMDb play nice.  Thanks again.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - robkody - 2018-09-08

Hi,

How do I import movies with naming convention: 'set.year.title.[genre][aspect][source].mkv'.  Movies with naming convention: 'title.year.[genre][aspect][source].mkv' seem to work fine importing. 

I have all my movies in one dir,  using their names to signify collections or sequels.  ex.  '007.1962.Dr.No' and '007.1963.From.Russia.with.Love', or 'A.Fish.Called.Wanda.1988' and 'A.Fish.Called.Wanda.1997.Fierce.Creatures'.  These are not being imported properly by MC and I cannot figure out how to fix this issue without renaming my files, or worse yet, putting them into subdirs.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - chrissix666 - 2018-09-08

Lot of new features, a lot to test - thanks!

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - bobrap - 2018-09-08

I believe you're going to be out of luck.  MC is going to look for the title of the movie first, hence, your 'title.year.[genre][aspect][source].mkv' should work fine.  Starting the file name with the set name should not yield any results.  Rename or separate folders might be your only option.