Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2019-03-09

(2019-03-09, 03:50)chrissix Wrote: I'm not able to scrape new Episodes in new version 3.729b x64
(It also makes no difference if i choose "Use TVDb api V1" or not in checkmark)

Back to version 3.727b x64 all is fine.

I can tell that is is crashing the the Ratings section during scraping of episodes, but I can't reproduce.
Can you open a ticket on Sourceforge please, and attach your config.xml please to that ticket.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2019-03-09

(2019-03-09, 23:10)vbat99 Wrote:
(2019-03-09, 03:50)chrissix Wrote: I'm not able to scrape new Episodes in new version 3.729b x64
(It also makes no difference if i choose "Use TVDb api V1" or not in checkmark)

Back to version 3.727b x64 all is fine.

I can tell that is is crashing the the Ratings section during scraping of episodes, but I can't reproduce.
Can you open a ticket on Sourceforge please, and attach your config.xml please to that ticket.

Never mind, found and a fix is in place for the next release.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - chrissix666 - 2019-03-10

(2019-03-09, 23:27)vbat99 Wrote: Never mind, found and a fix is in place for the next release.

Ok, I suppose you could reproduce it. 
I suppose the problem has something to do with the alternative omission of legacy ratings. ... that messed up the code in some places?

Maybe you can think about my suggestion regarding alternative movie versions #4988

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2019-03-10

Yes I cleaned up and some of the code and that caused caused a glitch with episodes.
As for the movie extended, Director's Cut etc I want to wait until I know that there is a tag in the nfo this will save a lot of hassle later down the track if I add a tag and it needs to be changed
(2019-03-10, 00:20)chrissix Wrote:
(2019-03-09, 23:27)vbat99 Wrote: Never mind, found and a fix is in place for the next release.

Ok, I suppose you could reproduce it. 
I suppose the problem has something to do with the alternative omission of legacy ratings. ... that messed up the code in some places?

Maybe you can think about my suggestion regarding alternative movie versions #4988

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - chrissix666 - 2019-03-10

(2019-03-10, 00:35)vbat99 Wrote: As for the movie extended, Director's Cut etc I want to wait until I know that there is a tag in the nfo this will save a lot of hassle later down the track if I add a tag and it needs to be changed

ok, understand, that will be implemented at the earliest in kodi19 and take a few years.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - MonSoon12 - 2019-03-10

(2019-03-07, 09:38)MonSoon12 Wrote: Hi vbat99,

Thanks for the quick new release. Can confirm no issues with rating or votes when scraping new movies.

I may have come across another issue.
I scraped a new tv show and the ratings and votes do not appear.
I also attempted:
1) To manually add the ratings and votes via right click and they do not save.
2) Manually edit an existing tv show's rating and votes via right click and it wipes out the previous ratings & votes.

This issue seems to effect only the TV show details/information. Still able to scrap votes & ratings for individual episodes.

Rescraping the tv show with the previous version 3.7.2.7, reveals the rating and votes.
Hi vbat99,

Have you had to time to check the issues I encountered?

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - mataus19 - 2019-03-10

(2019-02-22, 22:23)vbat99 Wrote:
(2019-02-20, 15:33)mataus19 Wrote: =11ptThanks @vbat99 for the work you put in to this excellent software!

I am hoping you will be able to help me with 2 things?

I use MQ 7 Mod skin and I am trying to get the 'Critic consensus' from Rotten tomatoes to show on the Dialogue page. I have had it working before using Universal Scraper however it doesn't scrape other things correctly.

Is there are way to scrape the 'Critic Consensus' from RT? I have input my OMDB API so I am already scraping the RT Ratings using MC. The 'Critic Consensus' needs to be in the 'Outline' section of the movie NFO.
Will be added to MC for the next release.
Quote:=11pt
Secondly is there a way to input a custom prefix for the MPAA certificate? I know there is an option for 'scraping full cert' e.g. UK:15 however this shows as 'United Kingdom:15' in the NFO. Therefore, I have to change the text in the 'IncludesVariables.xml' from 'UK:15' to 'United Kingdom:15'. It would be great to just be able to scrape the info to match what is in the 'IncludesVariables.xml'...in MQ 7 Mod case 'UK:15'

Thanks!
Not automatically, but only as mentioned by @chrissix
Quote:The skin should be able to interpret the data correctly and not vice versa. The easiest way is to add in the IncludesVariables.xml a few lines of code about the desired spellings to interpret.
Alternatively, in Media Companion, in the TableView -> select column to view -> certificate -> sort. ... with not too much effort to make a bulk rename.
@vbat99 

Excellent, thanks!

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2019-03-10

(2019-03-10, 12:07)MonSoon12 Wrote: I may have come across another issue.
I also attempted:
2) Manually edit an existing tv show's rating and votes via right click and it wipes out the previous ratings & votes.

This issue seems to effect only the TV show details/information. Still able to scrap votes & ratings for individual episodes.

Rescraping the tv show with the previous version 3.7.2.7, reveals the rating and votes.

With MC 3.7.2.9:
I see no issue scraping a New series Ratings and Votes.

I do see a glitch when the user right clicks the rating or vote field, as this stores these values the old way which won't work if the disable legacy ratings/vote tags is enabled.
Will be fixed for the next release.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - JanM201 - 2019-03-10

Hi @vbat99 
What does this setting do? "disable legacy ratings/vote tags"
Can you just explain a little what legacy is.
Thanks

(2019-03-10, 21:29)JanM201 Wrote: Hi @vbat99 
What does this setting do? "disable legacy ratings/vote tags"
Can you just explain a little what legacy is.
Thanks
In Kodi before version 17, in the movie and TV nfo file was the tag 'ratings' and the tag 'votes '
These are our Legacy entries, as from Kodi 17 we now have the entry 'rating', with sub entries for ratings and votes from IMDb, tmdb and Rotten Tomatoes.

Some users wish these old Legacy tags to be removed, with that option selected those tags will no longer be saved to movie, TV and episode nfo files.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - scott967 - 2019-03-11

I've had this problem for a while.  In "home movies" when I do a "search new", if a file name has the "&" character in it MC throws an error in the log "Error - Running action [Assign scraped movie] threw [An error occurred while parsing EntityName. Line 2, position 29.]" and doesn't create an nfo file for it.

scott s.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2019-03-11

(2019-03-11, 01:13)scott967 Wrote: I've had this problem for a while.  In "home movies" when I do a "search new", if a file name has the "&" character in it MC throws an error in the log "Error - Running action [Assign scraped movie] threw [An error occurred while parsing EntityName. Line 2, position 29.]" and doesn't create an nfo file for it.

scott s.
I'll look into this when I'm home

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - huttdes - 2019-03-11

Just updated to Leia with the Aeon MQ7 mod and was looking forward to the view with all the extra thumbs... for some reason I thought it used the extra fanart for these...
Anyway, most of my movies don't have the extra thumbs folder.

In the artwork tab or movie settings I have allow save ExtraThumbs checked.
Any other settings for this?
And can I batch scrape my movie collection for extra thumbs?

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - chrissix666 - 2019-03-11

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - MonSoon12 - 2019-03-11

(2019-03-10, 19:23)vbat99 Wrote:
(2019-03-10, 12:07)MonSoon12 Wrote: I may have come across another issue.
I also attempted:

With MC 3.7.2.9:
I see no issue scraping a New series Ratings and Votes.

I do see a glitch when the user right clicks the rating or vote field, as this stores these values the old way which won't work if the disable legacy ratings/vote tags is enabled.
Will be fixed for the next release. 
Did some further testing and yes of course you are right!
Found I had the issue, because I usually rename my TV show and add the year. So when I added (2019) to Whiskey Cavalier, it removed the ratings. So that is that glitch you found. I guess almost any change to the nfo doesn't play well.