Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2019-05-21

Custom TV shows is not supported at this time and media companion.
The reason is we need a unique ID for custom shows, as at present Meda companion requires the tvdb ID or tmdb series ID to identify the show as well as identify the episodes attached to the show. You'll probably find every time you refresh you get these episodes again and again so you might get four or five of the same episodes.
I had intended to add custom TV series but have not gotten around to it.
I'm trying to find time now that I've got a new job to implement some of these extra features in media companion, it's going to take time.
Sorry you may just have to wait for this feature for a little while longer.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2019-05-21

(2019-05-20, 20:54)in10se_ Wrote: Lol, seams like we posted at the same time. Thanks for looking into it and many thanks for trying to implement it.

Please don't get me wrong, I just ask to guess how long it will take until I can use my library again: when are u planing in releasing the new version.

Thanks for the post about versions. Seems like this is not working with my aero skin Sad.
If you check that thread you'll see they made a custom build off Kodi but I believe it's been removed from Mainline testing of Kodi 19 at this time, it'll probably added later on

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - huttdes - 2019-05-21

(2019-05-21, 00:15)vbat99 Wrote: Custom TV shows is not supported at this time and media companion.
The reason is we need a unique ID for custom shows, as at present Meda companion requires the tvdb ID or tmdb series ID to identify the show as well as identify the episodes attached to the show. You'll probably find every time you refresh you get these episodes again and again so you might get four or five of the same episodes.
I had intended to add custom TV series but have not gotten around to it.
I'm trying to find time now that I've got a new job to implement some of these extra features in media companion, it's going to take time.
Sorry you may just have to wait for this feature for a little while longer.
Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

Okay, at least I know I'm not doing anything wrong.
I have a ridiculous amount of hours ahead of me going through and editing all of my home videos so I'm sure you'll be ready before me!!
The other stuff can wait for sure.

Thanks for all the effort :-)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Captain_Pike - 2019-05-21

I have posted this some months ago, maybe it has been overlooked:
Quote:Hi! I'm not new to all the kodi stuff.
Just new with Media Managers and .nfo handling.

Question:
I am currently doing data maintenance on the "original title" tag.
Was wondering if it would be possible to set a fixed language instead of the original title? My wife and daughter speak good French and I want to make everything a little more accessible.
Also noticed on foreign language (especially in Asian original titles) that many skins can not represent the characters. So that does not look ugly, I am anyway forced to make the original title many adjustments.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - chrissix666 - 2019-05-21

@Captain_Pike 

A feature where you can set a specific language to scrape as Original Title is a good idea.
TheMovieDB is very suitable because it supports 17 languages and all available via API.

Why?
I also use lot of Japanese Anime movies (and other languages), but all my skins can not represent the characters (and if it's still possible i would not able to read it either)
This is how the titles look when i switch to Original Language in kodi Skins: 
All letters the skin cannot read there is simple a fallback square.

My Main language is German, so the >Title< Tag is German
But to avoid the problem mentioned above i manually edit all the >Original Title< Tag after scrape to English

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2019-05-21

(2019-05-21, 16:30)Captain_Pike Wrote: I have posted this some months ago, maybe it has been overlooked:
Hi! I'm not new to all the kodi stuff.
Just new with Media Managers and .nfo handling.

Question:
I am currently doing data maintenance on the "original title" tag.
Was wondering if it [b]would be possible to set a fixed language instead of the original title
? My wife and daughter speak good French and I want to make everything a little more accessible.
Also noticed on foreign language (especially in Asian original titles) that many skins can not represent the characters. So that does not look ugly, I am anyway forced to make the original title many adjustments.
[/b]

(2019-05-21, 16:37)chrissix Wrote: @Captain_Pike

A feature where you can set a specific language to scrape as Original Title is a good idea.
TheMovieDB is very suitable because it supports 17 languages and all available via API.

Why?
I also use lot of Japanese Anime movies (and other languages), but all my skins can not represent the characters (and if it's still possible i would not able to read it either)
This is how the titles look when i switch to Original Language in kodi Skins: 
All letters the skin cannot read there is simple a fallback square.

My Main language is German, so the >Title< Tag is German
But to avoid the problem mentioned above i manually edit all the >Original Title< Tag after scrape to English

I will entertain the idea of a secondary title in a specific language, set to the Original Title field. Will see what can be done.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - MonSoon12 - 2019-05-21

(2019-05-20, 20:54)in10se_ Wrote: Lol, seams like we posted at the same time. Thanks for looking into it and many thanks for trying to implement it.

Please don't get me wrong, I just ask to guess how long it will take until I can use my library again: when are u planing in releasing the new version.

Thanks for the post about versions. Seems like this is not working with my aero skin Sad.
I came across the same issue. For now, I would suggest reverting Trakt back from 3.2.4 to 3.2.1 (then disable auto update for Trakt) and then TV Shows will sync correctly via the add on.
Once Media Companion gets new release just turn back auto update for Trakt and rescrape the affected TV shows in Media Companion.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - artistwantab - 2019-05-22

Not sure what I am doing wrong but I just installed the latest Media Companion and redid all my settings.

Now my settings say "movie-fanart.jpg" instead of "fanart.jpg".

I don't care which it is to be honest.  I would like to know the pros of movie-fanart.jpg" if any.  I need in consistent regardless and when I re-scrape an older movie it doesn't delete the fanart.jpg.

I also have many custom-fanart jpegs.  Is there a feature that renames the existing fanart.jpeg to the new title?

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Karellen - 2019-05-22

(2019-05-22, 05:51)artistwantab Wrote: I would like to know the pros of movie-fanart.jpg" if any
Read Sect 2... https://kodi.wiki/view/Movie_artwork

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - RonnieG3 - 2019-05-22

Hey guys, don't know what I did but all of sudden MC isn't scaping multi-part episodes anymore. It shows in MC as Ep 1 and Ep 2, but the .nfo only has info for ep 1 (just an example). Did I screw with a setting, or does MC only show info for 1 ep now. KODI only shows the double episode as Ep1, where I used to see a double listing ( ep1 & ep 2). It's not really a big deal, I'm just looking at aesthetics. Any help or suggestions would be great!!!

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - chrissix666 - 2019-05-22

(2019-05-21, 20:37)vbat99 Wrote: I will entertain the idea of a secondary title in a specific language, set to the Original Title field. Will see what can be done.
That's great! Again another manual editing intervention that i can spare myself with this feature.  Smile

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Captain_Pike - 2019-05-22

(2019-05-21, 20:37)vbat99 Wrote: I will entertain the idea of a secondary title in a specific language, set to the Original Title field. Will see what can be done.
+1

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2019-05-22

(2019-05-22, 05:51)artistwantab Wrote: Not sure what I am doing wrong but I just installed the latest Media Companion and redid all my settings.

Now my settings say "movie-fanart.jpg" instead of "fanart.jpg".

I don't care which it is to be honest.  I would like to know the pros of movie-fanart.jpg" if any.  I need in consistent regardless and when I re-scrape an older movie it doesn't delete the fanart.jpg.

I also have many custom-fanart jpegs.  Is there a feature that renames the existing fanart.jpeg to the new title?

<moviename>-image.extn is the norm and has been for some time.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2019-05-22

(2019-05-22, 07:19)RonnieG3 Wrote: Hey guys, don't know what I did but all of sudden MC isn't scaping multi-part episodes anymore. It shows in MC as Ep 1 and Ep 2, but the .nfo only has info for ep 1 (just an example). Did I screw with a setting, or does MC only show info for 1 ep now. KODI only shows the double episode as Ep1, where I used to see a double listing ( ep1 & ep 2). It's not really a big deal, I'm just looking at aesthetics. Any help or suggestions would be great!!!

No issue here with multi-episodes, just scraped Blood & Treasure first double episode. Ensure it is names S01E01E02.extn or the likes. S01E01-E02 does not work most of the time. Small issue, but easy to correct by manually renaming the file.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - chrissix666 - 2019-05-22

(2019-05-22, 07:19)RonnieG3 Wrote: MC isn't scaping multi-part episodes anymore
Working fine on my side!
There is to distinguish two different types of mulipart episodes, combining and splitting
combining: S01E01E02E0X.ext
splitting aka stacking: S01E01-part1.ext, S01E01-part2.ext, S01E01-partX.ext

Both variants occurring in Battlestar Galactica and scraped yesterday and working fine,
on combining all episode data will be written in one single .nfo,
on splitting aka stacking only the "-part1.ext" file will be scraped and all the following "-partX.ext" will be ignored (the following stacking on watching is a Kodi job)

I have also sometimes problems with multi part episodes, but in this cases i have look manually on the TvShow on TheTVDB website how the episode structure data is prepared there.
(Also sometimes the TheTVDB episode structure is differently prepared as IMDB - very frustrating when want to parse with IMDB ID's the get correct ratings data)