Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo TV support - swehawk - 2013-02-08

Fist of all: If you didn't pay for it, you don't have the right to complain! Take it or leave it!
Instead we should humbly grateful to those who put an effort in developing MC and share it, for free!
It'll be great, just give the people some time to do their thing!

Thank's a lot guys (you know who I mean)!

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo TV support - fma965 - 2013-02-08

(2013-02-08, 21:17)swehawk Wrote: Fist of all: If you didn't pay for it, you don't have the right to complain! Take it or leave it!
Instead we should humbly grateful to those who put an effort in developing MC and share it, for free!
It'll be great, just give the people some time to do their thing!

Thank's a lot guys (you know who I mean)!

Ain't that the TRUTH!

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo TV support - Zxurian - 2013-02-09

(2013-02-08, 14:52)fma965 Wrote:
(2013-02-08, 14:25)Zxurian Wrote: so I'm not sure what happened, but now whenever I run MediaCompanion and try to select a TV Show, it crashes with the following error:

Code:
System.ArgumentException: Parameter is not valid.
   at System.Drawing.Image.FromStream(Stream stream, Boolean useEmbeddedColorManagement, Boolean validateImageData)
   at System.Windows.Forms.PictureBox.Load()
   at Media_Companion.Form1.util_ImageLoad(PictureBox PicBox, String ImagePath, String DefaultPic)
   at Media_Companion.Form1.tv_ActorDisplay(Boolean useDefault)
   at Media_Companion.Form1.ComboBox4_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)

any ideas?

well what changed? please try a fresh install (well not really a fresh install more of a fresh extract)

Nothing changed by me, although I've narrowed it down to when I click on only one particular show. Other shows work fine. Either left clicking, or right clicking on the show causes Mediacompanion to crash with that error.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo TV support - fma965 - 2013-02-09

(2013-02-09, 06:29)Zxurian Wrote:
(2013-02-08, 14:52)fma965 Wrote:
(2013-02-08, 14:25)Zxurian Wrote: so I'm not sure what happened, but now whenever I run MediaCompanion and try to select a TV Show, it crashes with the following error:

Code:
System.ArgumentException: Parameter is not valid.
   at System.Drawing.Image.FromStream(Stream stream, Boolean useEmbeddedColorManagement, Boolean validateImageData)
   at System.Windows.Forms.PictureBox.Load()
   at Media_Companion.Form1.util_ImageLoad(PictureBox PicBox, String ImagePath, String DefaultPic)
   at Media_Companion.Form1.tv_ActorDisplay(Boolean useDefault)
   at Media_Companion.Form1.ComboBox4_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)

any ideas?

well what changed? please try a fresh install (well not really a fresh install more of a fresh extract)

Nothing changed by me, although I've narrowed it down to when I click on only one particular show. Other shows work fine. Either left clicking, or right clicking on the show causes Mediacompanion to crash with that error.

Thanks, however it would be helpful if you could tell me the name of that show.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo TV support - vbat99 - 2013-02-09

Yet another update!!!

MC 3.543b Released

Download Link

Plenty of bugs squashed, hopefully enough to keep most of you happy.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo TV support - Zxurian - 2013-02-10

(2013-02-09, 15:36)fma965 Wrote:
(2013-02-08, 14:52)fma965 Wrote: well what changed? please try a fresh install (well not really a fresh install more of a fresh extract)

Will do. just saw another update posted. Gonna go try that before hand and see if possibly one of the bug fixes fixed it.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo TV support - Zxurian - 2013-02-10

unfortunately no Sad There are multiple shows that are crashing it. I'm going to try a fresh install and rebulding the db from scratch with this latest version.

side question. What dose the pencil icon that shows up next to some TV shows mean?

edit: updated tv title with desc.

just noticed something. when scraping TV shows, MEdiaCompanion constantly refocuses itself as s the window on top, pulling focus away from other programs. It gets annoying when you want Mediacompanion to scan in the background and do other things.
new bug just found. When It scrapped my TV Show Root folders the first time, it found all of my shows, but then threw up the notice about some IDs being wrong.

Told me to goto TV Preferences -> Fix NFO id during cache refresh, then Refresh TV shows. No problem.
Went to enable that setting, hit Save, it said changes are saved, but have to restart for them to take effect. Closed MC, reopened, went back to TV Preferences, but Fix NFO id during cache refresh is now unchecked again.

(2013-02-09, 15:36)fma965 Wrote:
(2013-02-08, 14:52)fma965 Wrote: well what changed? please try a fresh install (well not really a fresh install more of a fresh extract)

Okay, so on a hunch, I backed up the .nfo file inside the dir of one of the shows that would crash MediaCompanion, and rescraped that show from within MediaCompanion, and it stopped crashing, so I'm assuming that something within the .nfo file wasn't agreeing with MediaCompanion.

here's the .nfo that was crashing MediaCompanion for reference.

so... another bug found...

using Batman Beyond for refence.
The show as a Specials folder within it, ( \Batman Beyond\Specials\ )
Here's a screenshot of how it appears within MediaCompanion: http://gyazo.com/0bce6e9bf3d5e97b2fef8176b8387eb3
Discrepancies
  • In the tree view on the left, it lists it as "Season 00" instead of "Specials" (however the show title correctly labels it as "- Specials" at the top when selected.
  • The banner image incorrectly shows the Main banner image, even though there is no season-specialsl-banner.jpg in the directory.

P.S. How/where can I donate to you guys?

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo TV support - KidKiwi - 2013-02-10

Wahoo...a new version.

Looking good so far. Smile

Any chance a slight mod could be made. I'd like a "Refresh" button (to refresh all movies) added under the "Rescrape" icon button in the RH panel. I use the refresh button a lot - needed because I manually add the streamdetails to the nfo and if I don't refresh, the next save from MC removes them. (PS - I'd like to see a panel to add stream details manually via MC (and read the current ones) . The reading thingee of the actual files doesn't read ISO files. I also only run MC via an exact duplicate of my server, but using fake ISO files - so there is nothing to read anyway.)

Another request would be for a backup of all files managed by MC to a remote location, while also creating fake video files.)

This is just getting better. Thx for all the hard work.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo TV support - niih - 2013-02-10

Hi, I hope someone can help me. I live in France, but am English speaking. I had MC re-scrape my shows, but I find that it has changed the titles of all my shows from English to French Everything else is still in English. Is there an option which I am missing wich will make it keep the english tiltles? Any help would be appreciated. This is a great program and it seems to be getting better every day.

Thanks

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo TV support - Kelemvor - 2013-02-10

(2013-02-10, 01:55)niih Wrote: Hi, I hope someone can help me. I live in France, but am English speaking. I had MC re-scrape my shows, but I find that it has changed the titles of all my shows from English to French Everything else is still in English. Is there an option which I am missing wich will make it keep the english tiltles? Any help would be appreciated. This is a great program and it seems to be getting better every day.

Thanks

I have that happen every once in a while but not for every show. No idea why. I always have to go in manually and fix the ones that are wrong. IF it did it to ALL your shows, hopefully there's a setting or something you can change to fix it. Maybe change your PC settings to be in the US and rescrape.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo TV support - vbat99 - 2013-02-10

(2013-02-10, 01:23)Zxurian Wrote: so... another bug found...

using Batman Beyond for refence.
The show as a Specials folder within it, ( \Batman Beyond\Specials\ )
Here's a screenshot of how it appears within MediaCompanion: http://gyazo.com/0bce6e9bf3d5e97b2fef8176b8387eb3
Discrepancies
  • In the tree view on the left, it lists it as "Season 00" instead of "Specials" (however the show title correctly labels it as "- Specials" at the top when selected.
  • The banner image incorrectly shows the Main banner image, even though there is no season-specialsl-banner.jpg in the directory.

P.S. How/where can I donate to you guys?

Glad you found that nfo issue.

As for for listing Specials as season 00, this is to keep scraping in line with how episodes are listed.

It may be possible to have MC display Special instead of Season00, but that would be a feature request for now.

The main banner being displayed if no season special banner, that's a glitch. I'll check and add to To Do List.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo TV support - vbat99 - 2013-02-10

(2013-02-10, 01:29)KidKiwi Wrote: Wahoo...a new version.

Looking good so far. Smile

Any chance a slight mod could be made. I'd like a "Refresh" button (to refresh all movies) added under the "Rescrape" icon button in the RH panel. I use the refresh button a lot - needed because I manually add the streamdetails to the nfo and if I don't refresh, the next save from MC removes them. (PS - I'd like to see a panel to add stream details manually via MC (and read the current ones) . The reading thingee of the actual files doesn't read ISO files. I also only run MC via an exact duplicate of my server, but using fake ISO files - so there is nothing to read anyway.)

Another request would be for a backup of all files managed by MC to a remote location, while also creating fake video files.)

This is just getting better. Thx for all the hard work.

Refresh button sounds good. BUT, where your proposing it, should be refresh only current movie.
A Refresh All button would be nice but finding the space for it, cause technically Refresh All should be near Search for New button.

I'll add to To Do List.
Where abouts are you edting the stream details? Are you editing the nfo directly for this?
Currently mediainfo can't pull info from iso's. There is another external program than can, but this may be in the Feature Request section.

Backup and fake video file. Sorry, that'll be outside the scope of what MC is for.
(2013-02-10, 01:55)niih Wrote: Hi, I hope someone can help me. I live in France, but am English speaking. I had MC re-scrape my shows, but I find that it has changed the titles of all my shows from English to French Everything else is still in English. Is there an option which I am missing wich will make it keep the english tiltles? Any help would be appreciated. This is a great program and it seems to be getting better every day.

Thanks

TV Shows> Preferences, Get languages from TVDb, select French and rescrape.