Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2023-03-08

Sorry for late reply, but try taking out the episodeguide tag completely for TMDb series.
I have no issue with this removed.

For this error
Code:
Rescraping Series: The Man Living In Our House
Initializing TMDB...!!! Series Found:  : Id (TMDb): (0)
Error - Running action [Scrape TVDb Series Main Body] threw [Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]

I would delete the tvshow.nfo and let MC scrape the series from fresh....but I would appreciate if you attached and pm'd me the current nfo so I can see what MC is glitching on.

I still do not understand why Kodi errors on missing TMDB Id when there is a dedicated UniqueID tag with the TMDB ID

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Juan Mortyme - 2023-03-13

@vbat99 

I've noticed what appears to be a bug.

It seems MC is having problems scraping actor roles from IMDB, at least for tv shows and episodes, I haven't checked movies and it looks like it doesn't effect actors scraped from TMDb.

In the case of an actor having duel roles as in Role #1 / Role #2 or has (voice) (archive footage) the / and additional roles or any bracketed text is not being saved.

The series I was scraping when I first noticed this was Smallville.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2023-03-14

(2023-03-13, 17:35)Juan Mortyme Wrote: @vbat99 

I've noticed what appears to be a bug.

It seems MC is having problems scraping actor roles from IMDB, at least for tv shows and episodes, I haven't checked movies and it looks like it doesn't effect actors scraped from TMDb.

In the case of an actor having duel roles as in Role #1 / Role #2 or has (voice) (archive footage) the / and additional roles or any bracketed text is not being saved.

The series I was scraping when I first noticed this was Smallville.

I will look into this, but I believe MC only grabs the actor once for a Series, selecting the first role they are named for.
Not sure about episode actors.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2023-05-17

New Release.
Media Companion 3.760C
Date: 2023-05-17

Fixes and functionality changes for this release.

Changes:
  • TV - 2nd fix for episode scraping from TVDb - release of MC 3.760C version available to download now.
  • TV - Fix Season folder jpg not save the banner.
  • TV - More season art path fixes
  • TV - New missing Banner filter.
  • TV - Update nfo episodeguide format to new Json format.
  • TV - Fix changing from Tv Fanart.tv tab to Main Tv browser tab.
  • TV - Fix TMDb Artwork scraping language specific glitch.
  • TV - Move Save Main banner as season banner from Batch Wizard to TV Preferences.
  • TV - Fix TVDb scraping episode api V2.
  • TV - FanartTV tab, Season images now show their assigned season as per Fanart.TV.
  • Movie - Poster Autoload poster when switching between movie and sets, if option Preselect loading from TMDB is enabled in Movie General preferences.
  • Movie - Add FolderSize and Studio columns to table view.
  • Movie - Apply general filters if MC isn't started on Movie Browser tab.
  • Movie - Add some logging for rescrape images from Fanart.Tv.
  • Movie - Fix broken list of plots from IMDb.
  • Movie - Minor Update TMDB scraper fix for no writer being filled by actors.
  • Movie - reversed order of media export
  • Movie - TMDB language file update
  • MusicVideo - Second fix for not scraping Concert from TMDb.
  • MC - Honor form size and location when changing profiles.
  • MC - Fix bug storing TV Tableview filters in config file.
  • MC - Fix again form size if changing profiles.
  • MC - Much need update of helper files.
  • MC - Fix TMDB language code for Portuguese.
  • MC - Include actors in CSV export
  • MC - Update trailer download plugin

And, Please, if you experience any crashes, create a Ticket on Media Companion's SourceForge site
Feedback would be appreciated.

Download Link for MC 3.760c x86 & x64

Revision History

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - smuman - 2023-06-03

Hello community,

I don't know if this issue has already been addressed, so I apologise if this may be a double post.
I have been having a problem with the "watched" status for some time now.
MC recognises when a film has been watched in Kodi, but this watched status is not transferred to the database (TAB "General" -> "Watched"). I always have to click the film separately on "unwatched" and then again on "watched" so that it is then transferred to the database.
Is there an area in MC where I can possibly set this? or is it possibly a bug?
Many thanks and have a good time
Mike

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2023-06-06

(2023-06-03, 14:03)smuman Wrote: Hello community,

I don't know if this issue has already been addressed, so I apologise if this may be a double post.
MC recognises when a film has been watched in Kodi, but this watched status is not transferred to the database (TAB "General" -> "Watched"). I always have to click the film separately on "unwatched" and then again on "watched" so that it is then transferred to the database.
Mike

Media Companion does not monitor Kodi database for watched status. Only if you have the addon in Kodi that edits the nfo of a Movie, episode etc, should Media Companion pick up that the movie or episode is watched.
But, if you change the watched/unwatched status in Media Companion, you would need to rescan or refresh your Kodi Library to pick up the changes.

MC does not read or edit the Kodi database.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - smuman - 2023-06-06

(2023-06-06, 10:27)vbat99 Wrote:
(2023-06-03, 14:03)smuman Wrote: Hello community,

Mike

Media Companion does not monitor Kodi database for watched status. Only if you have the addon in Kodi that edits the nfo of a Movie, episode etc, should Media Companion pick up that the movie or episode is watched.
But, if you change the watched/unwatched status in Media Companion, you would need to rescan or refresh your Kodi Library to pick up the changes.

MC does not read or edit the Kodi database.
ok thank you

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2023-06-18

New Release.
Media Companion 3.761b
Date: 2023-06-19

Fixes and functionality changes for this release.

Changes:
  • TV - Fix for episode scraping from TVDb - release of MC 3.760C version available to download now.
  • TV - Fix episode default ID attribute removed when watched status or batch rewrite nfo selected.
  • TV - Add logging to Check Duplicate episodes.
  • Movie - Fix plots from IMDb.

And, Please, if you experience any crashes, create a Ticket on Media Companion's SourceForge site
Feedback would be appreciated.

Download Link for MC 3.761c x86 & x64

Revision History

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Levi59 - 2023-06-27

Hi! I have some problems with the last version of MC (3.7.6.1). Firstly it's that the scraping of the fanart on the different sources only show english versions while i have selected French in the parameter and secondly, while i already have poster in the movies folder, MC only show "no poster is availailable for this media". Thanks for your help!

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2023-06-27

(2023-06-27, 07:54)Levi59 Wrote: Hi! I have some problems with the last version of MC (3.7.6.1). Firstly it's that the scraping of the fanart on the different sources only show english versions while i have selected French in the parameter and secondly, while i already have poster in the movies folder, MC only show "no poster is availailable for this media". Thanks for your help!

Sorry to hear your having issues.
First, which sources are only English for Fanart? There are two areas to select language, In Movie Preferences -> Scraper tab, you set the Prefered language under the TMDb Scraper, as well as in Scraping Options set your language.
TMDB is the only site where we can set the artwork language. IMDB - we get what they give us, and Fanart.TV doesn't have a set language field.

As for MC stating No poster is available for this media, Can you advise the naming of your movie, the nfo, and the artwork, including extensions.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Juan Mortyme - 2023-06-27

@vbat99

Fanart.tv API doesn't have a language selection? That's strange because there is a language selector on the website pages. Also might his fallback language selection effect what he may or may not see if no French artwork is available?

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Levi59 - 2023-06-27

Thanks for the quick answers, I have tested with the french movie "10 jours sans maman". There are 4 posters tagged French and 0 tagged english on the tmdb site and MC said "no poster were found for this movie"... Fanart are displayed but i don't know if they are tagged because there is no text.

I have set prefered langage and country certificate on FR and select language on French (France).

As for the naming, here the movie folder : Image

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2023-06-28

I see where our problem is, MC is using a difference language format than Fanart.TV does.
I have tweaked the scrape routine and during scraping artwork from Fanart.TV will attempt the TMDB selected language first, then falls back to English, finally to no selected language.

As for the posters, having the naming as poster.jpg is not working for some odd reason.
fanart.jpg is working.
Usually these would be named with the movie title as prefix, ie:
10 Jours Sans Maman (2020)-poster

but it should also work for just poster.jpg.

I will look into this and let you know.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2023-06-28

Found and fixed the poster issue.
I will release a fix on the weekend.