Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo TV support - vbat99 - 2013-02-12

Either way should not have saved artwork if you had unselected them.

It'll be done in the next release.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo TV support - Zxurian - 2013-02-12

(2013-02-11, 19:22)vbat99 Wrote:
(2013-02-10, 20:54)Zxurian Wrote: roger.

New odd bug, trying to download a season 02 poster, and got the following error - http://gyazo.com/20aae8127535a6271eef7d4132ae375d

only happens with that image selected. the other images from season 02 download fine.

Just did a test as per the image you supplied, couldn't reproduce the issue.
What I suggest is in the MC folder, there is a cache folder. While MC is closed, delete all files in the Cache folder, restart MC and try to change the poster again.

Let us know.

update on this. emptied the cache folder, and still crashes - http://puu.sh/219RQ/7d27ec9fda
Crashes on same image everytime.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo TV support - Zxurian - 2013-02-12

Just wanted to give a quick props to you guys. I'm a dev myself and know what a hassle bug squashing and developing can be for a project like this.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo TV support - vbat99 - 2013-02-12

(2013-02-11, 20:33)Zxurian Wrote: okay, so given the issues with some .nfo's crashing, I decided to start over. deleted all tvshow.nfo files from all of my directories.

Added a Root folder, and added shows from TV, saved, and it went through and added all the TV Shows.
Now, Under TV Preferences -> General I had the following options set
Download TV Show poster/banner - UNCHECKED
Download TV Show Fanart - UNCHECKED
Download Season Thumbs - UNCHECKED
Download season-all.tbn - NONE
Download TV Show Thumbnails - Poster

After MC finished scraping, I saw that it had populated all of my directories with seasonXX-banner.jpg even though I had all of the options unset for that.

Going through and deleting all of them now.

--------

It also looks like it added season posters for seasons that I didn't have yet.
ex. I only have \Season 01, & \Season 02, but it downloaded a season03-poster.jpg into the directory.
--------
as well as also downloading a season-specials-poster.jpg when I didn't have \Specials directory for that show.
All of above for tv preferences are now fixed for next release.

(2013-02-12, 02:34)Zxurian Wrote:
(2013-02-11, 19:22)vbat99 Wrote:
(2013-02-10, 20:54)Zxurian Wrote: roger.

New odd bug, trying to download a season 02 poster, and got the following error - http://gyazo.com/20aae8127535a6271eef7d4132ae375d

only happens with that image selected. the other images from season 02 download fine.

Just did a test as per the image you supplied, couldn't reproduce the issue.
What I suggest is in the MC folder, there is a cache folder. While MC is closed, delete all files in the Cache folder, restart MC and try to change the poster again.

Let us know.

update on this. emptied the cache folder, and still crashes - http://puu.sh/219RQ/7d27ec9fda

I hate to say it, but delete your settings folder, and MC will rebuild it. You'll need to set MC back up as you had it. I believe it's a issue in the config.xml file, but can't be sure.

(2013-02-12, 10:11)vbat99 Wrote:
(2013-02-12, 02:34)Zxurian Wrote:
(2013-02-11, 19:22)vbat99 Wrote: Just did a test as per the image you supplied, couldn't reproduce the issue.

Let us know.

I hate to say it, but delete your settings folder, and MC will rebuild it. You'll need to set MC back up as you had it. I believe it's a issue in the config.xml file, but can't be sure.

so I just finished going through my entire library and selecting & saving new images. and learned a few things. (note, this was after a fresh install of MediaCompanion (not using pre-existing config) and freshly adding all TV Shows from root folders.
  • Sometimes if I just hit [save image] once or twice again with errors, then the following time it will save properly.
  • If the above doesn't work, then sometimes I can select a different image, save it fine, then go back and select the original image, and it will save properly.
  • If that doesn't work, then if I go delete the pre-existing image manually, I can go back to MC and it will save properly.
  • in one case, none of the above work, and the image won't download at all. (screenshot above is only example I could find)
When MC does crash, there is a 96 byte file created of the appropiate image name that should have been downloaded.

I did notice something while attempting to delete an image manually. When you choose a season from the drop down, if there is a pre-existing image file (ie, if you select Season 02 and there is a season02-poster.jpg) then MC will lock that file (can't delete because Windows says in-use). If you goto select a different season (without hitting a poster source button) then it will keep the lock on the original season, and lock the new season as well. (ie, continuing example, if I select Season 03, now season02-poster.jpg and season03-poster.jpg are both locked). at any point, if I hit a source button (TVDb Specific), then the lock is released on all files that have a lock on them.
If I don't hit any source button, but go back to the Main browser tab, the lock persists, until I select a different show, then hit the posters tab.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo TV support - bouncy80 - 2013-02-13

Any luck with the SD/HD drop downs to add the code to the NFO file.

I just finished manually copy/paste the code for 1080p blurays.

It would be an awesome feature to just toggle back and forth or pick the resolution from a list.

Thanks for an awesome tool!!

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo TV support - vbat99 - 2013-02-13

Added to Feature Request. No ETA

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo TV support - Zxurian - 2013-02-13

I know that movies were in still in progress a little bit back, should I report bugs on the movies section, or wait?

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo TV support - vbat99 - 2013-02-13

(2013-02-13, 20:33)Zxurian Wrote: I know that movies were in still in progress a little bit back, should I report bugs on the movies section, or wait?

Please, report bugs with as much detail as possible.

Thanks

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo TV support - Zxurian - 2013-02-13

Movies Bug -
Sort: Sort Order isn't working. Can't tell what it's sorting by, but it definitely isn't sort order/title

Movies Bug -
Scraper error: with the following file layout - http://puu.sh/2217h/8e55dd7115
it scraped it as two separate movies into MediaCompanion

Ar, that one we know about. Sorted for next release.

(2013-02-13, 21:19)vbat99 Wrote: Ar, that one we know about. Sorted for next release.

which one, the scraper, or the order?

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo TV support - fma965 - 2013-02-13

(2013-02-13, 22:18)Zxurian Wrote:
(2013-02-13, 21:19)vbat99 Wrote: Ar, that one we know about. Sorted for next release.

order... nice image to your illegally downloaded movie... Tongue

(2013-02-13, 22:31)fma965 Wrote:
(2013-02-13, 22:18)Zxurian Wrote:

bah. I have the hardcopy, it's just easier to download an encoding from someone who knows what they're doing, then figure out the myriad of encoding settings and go through hours of testing.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo TV support - fma965 - 2013-02-13

(2013-02-13, 22:41)Zxurian Wrote:
(2013-02-13, 22:31)fma965 Wrote:
(2013-02-13, 22:18)Zxurian Wrote: which one, the scraper, or the order?

bah. I have the hardcopy, it's just easier to download an encoding from someone who knows what they're doing, then figure out the myriad of encoding settings and go through hours of testing.

got proof Big Grin ... nah i couldn't care less how you got it i just thought i would mention it incase you didn't realse Big Grin