Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo TV support - vbat99 - 2013-02-13

(2013-02-13, 21:17)Zxurian Wrote: Movies Bug -
Sort: Sort Order isn't working. Can't tell what it's sorting by, but it definitely isn't sort order/title

Movies Bug -
Scraper error: with the following file layout - http://puu.sh/2217h/8e55dd7115
it scraped it as two separate movies into MediaCompanion

As FMA965 said, sort order is known and fixed.

As for scraper scraping the multi-part movie as two movies, the CD1 and CD2 need to be at the end of the file I believe.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo TV support - Zxurian - 2013-02-13

Movies Bug - when hitting [Search New], getting the following error: http://puu.sh/224SR/26563b51ad

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo TV support - vbat99 - 2013-02-14

Any specific movie you added, or scraping a batch of new movies?

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo TV support - bouncy80 - 2013-02-14

(2013-02-13, 01:54)vbat99 Wrote: Added to Feature Request. No ETA

I don't know how/where to add a feature request.

When I tried, it was asking for a Microsoft Login.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo TV support - vbat99 - 2013-02-14

Just sign up for a codeplex lonin, and then you can post issues, request features, etc.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo TV support - Zxurian - 2013-02-14

(2013-02-14, 00:11)vbat99 Wrote: Any specific movie you added, or scraping a batch of new movies?

well I moved several directories in, but the error doesn't say which one it's having issues with.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo TV support - alspoll - 2013-02-14

Are the <displayseason> and <displayepisode> tags supported for tv shows?

(2013-02-14, 15:50)alspoll Wrote: Are the <displayseason> and <displayepisode> tags supported for tv shows?

Please advise more information on these two tags. (links to wiki would be appreciated.)

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo TV support - alspoll - 2013-02-14

See wiki here.

both are used to display specials with the season for which it is a part of (TVDB will show the correct order) , so if a special aired during season 1 between episodes 4 and 5 then <displayseason> 1 and <displayepisode> 5.

season 1 display:
episode 1
episode 2
episode 3
episode 4
season 0 special episode 1
episode 5

it allows the episode to be seen in a separate specials (season 0) display and also in the season 1 display.

wiki does not explain too much...

I see.

These two tags are for tv specials, where they fit inbetween regular season episodes. Got it.

I don't believe that these two tags are used by MC. BUT, not saying that it can't be coded for them.

I'll add to the To Do list, as seems a good addition to have.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo TV support - Zxurian - 2013-02-14

can you add to the ToDo list to add a progress bar to the splash screen?
Running MediaCompanion takes over a minute to boot up here, and it' be nice to have some indication of what it's actually doing instead of just "Loading TV Database"

Movies- I can't find any option to set Movie posters to download a <moviename>-poster.jpg, not <moviename>.tbn

(2013-02-14, 20:40)Zxurian Wrote: can you add to the ToDo list to add a progress bar to the splash screen?
Running MediaCompanion takes over a minute to boot up here, and it' be nice to have some indication of what it's actually doing instead of just "Loading TV Database"
This has been discussed before, possibly to increase loading of TV Database. Added to To Do list.
Quote:Movies- I can't find any option to set Movie posters to download a <moviename>-poster.jpg, not <moviename>.tbn

<moviename>-poster.jpg is frodo artwork for Movies. This area has not been started yet. Waiting to complete/finalize bugs in TV Shows first.

(2013-02-14, 21:02)vbat99 Wrote:
Quote:Movies- I can't find any option to set Movie posters to download a <moviename>-poster.jpg, not <moviename>.tbn
<moviename>-poster.jpg is frodo artwork for Movies. This area has not been started yet. Waiting to complete/finalize bugs in TV Shows first.

ahh, okay, that's what I was wondering about earlier. Thanks!

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo TV support - Zxurian - 2013-02-15

since I know movies it second to tv shows right now, I've started posting issues on codeplex to keep them more organized.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo TV support - BesterH - 2013-02-16

Thought I might post this here and get some needed advice.

In the upcoming release of MC movie sets is supposed to allow multiple selections and let you assign set names. So in preparation for this I have changed my movie structure to be a movie folder with just separate movies in their respective individual folders. A movie set folder that contains all sets. Example "Movie Sets\Alien\all Alien movies in their individual folders". This seemed like a good idea as I would have MC look at the folder Alien and have it load the movies under it, create a set called Alien and grab the 4 movies and apply the set. And repeat with the other sets.

Well after getting the structure set I realized I have 71 sets of movies. Well now I am looking for something to automate this process more.

As per my OCD I use the set name to be the folder that the movies are in. Bourne, Star Wars, Indiana Jones, etc.

So my questions would be any thoughts on how to automate this. I don't feel requesting MC to fix my "problem" proper. Unless of course many others have some sort of standards that they follow and would like to see a feature request added.

Anyway all 2 cents welcome.