Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - vbat99 - 2013-02-24

(2013-02-24, 16:40)kruuth Wrote: I just moved over to 3.5.4.8 and when I try to get it to refresh I get the following:

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.ArgumentException: IMDB_ID must be supplied
at WatTmdb.V3.Tmdb.GetMovieByIMDB(String IMDB_ID, String language)
at Media_Companion.TMDb.Fetch()
at Media_Companion.TMDb.GetBackDropUrl(Resolution resolution)
at Media_Companion.Movie.DoDownloadFanart()
at Media_Companion.Movie.RescrapeSpecific(RescrapeList rl)
at Media_Companion.Movies.BatchRescrapeSpecific(List`1 NfoFilenames, RescrapeList rl)
at Media_Companion.Form1.BatchRescrape()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(IRuntimeMethodInfo method, Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeType typeOwner)
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(IRuntimeMethodInfo method, Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeType typeOwner)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke(Object obj, Object[] parameters)
at Media_Companion.Form1.CallSubByName(String SubName)
at Media_Companion.Form1.mov_BckWrkScnMovies_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)

This happens during a rescrape, or when I do a fresh install, or whenever you do any sort of refresh. The image files(folder.jpg) do show up.

Have just looked into this area of code and can not get MC to fault. Will need more information.

What scraper? What settings, ie: Frodo, Pre Frodo, use foldername etc
What movies are in the list?
Can you start with a couple of movies and expand till the error hits, then check if last movie added is causing the issue?

As much info as possible and we can hopefully help or fix the bug.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - kruuth - 2013-02-25

Should have included more info.

Scraper: XBMC Scraper with TMDB selected(I can't select IMDB)

I tried doing a few films and I am noticing that it's not pulling posters but it's getting info correctly. Rescreap wil lcause a hang. Here's the film list:

2010-OK
300-No backdrop
A bronx tale-no poster
A jewish girl in Shanghai-Correct info, but wrong poster
Aachi and Ssipak-OK
Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter-OK
Alien-OK
Alien Planet-Pulls Planet 51 Poster
Alien Resurrection-OK
Alien3-OK
Aliens-OK
All-Star Superman-Pulls poster for Star Trek Into Darkness
And the Band Played On-OK
Animal Farm-OK
Argo-OK
Arthur Christmas-OK

So far no crash

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - vbat99 - 2013-02-25

OK, so I tested with a few of the movies you've noted, and I can see that the issue is with IMPA, (Internet Movie Poster Awards). This is selected as first option to scrape a poster from. If you move this to the bottom, and have themoviedb.org as first, you will have success.

Except for "A Jewish Girl in Shanghai". This has no entry at TheMovieDB.org, only an entry at IMDB, with no poster loaded anywhere that i could find.

Give that a try and let us know.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - kruuth - 2013-02-25

Oh, when I go to rescrape another movie, bridesmaids, I get a hang.

EDIT: Issue was with the Sci Fi Series DUNE.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - scott967 - 2013-02-25

It looks like movie director and studio scraping from IMDB is fixed. I still have problem with tv show poster. With art set to eden, it will not show folder.jpg as poster, but will show seasonxx.tbn. With art set to both, it won't show folder.jpg nor seasonxx.tbn. With either setting, in poster tab if you first go to a tv show with a poster.jpg, it sill show that. If you then go to a different show with only folder.jpg, it will still show the art from the first tv show (looks like it is buffered and not being cleared when a new show selected).

I don't have that many tv shows so I bit the bullet and renamed my art to poster.jpg and seasonxx-poster.jpg, which is OK work around for me.

scott s.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - vbat99 - 2013-02-25

(2013-02-25, 03:30)scott967 Wrote: It looks like movie director and studio scraping from IMDB is fixed. I still have problem with tv show poster. With art set to eden, it will not show folder.jpg as poster, but will show seasonxx.tbn. With art set to both, it won't show folder.jpg nor seasonxx.tbn. With either setting, in poster tab if you first go to a tv show with a poster.jpg, it sill show that. If you then go to a different show with only folder.jpg, it will still show the art from the first tv show (looks like it is buffered and not being cleared when a new show selected).

I don't have that many tv shows so I bit the bullet and renamed my art to poster.jpg and seasonxx-poster.jpg, which is OK work around for me.

scott s.

I see the issue with when you have selected a show that has poster.jpg, switch to Poster Tab, then exit out and go to a show that was scraped in Eden, then go Poster Tab, the poster from the previous is displayed.

It's to do with refreshing the cache. Try refresh this show from nfo, and we'll fix this in the next release.

But, if you want frodo artwork, best to select Frodo or Both, and use Batch Rescrape wizard, find missing posters and missing fanart options. That'll fill in the blanks for you.

(2013-02-25, 00:42)kruuth Wrote: Oh, when I go to rescrape another movie, bridesmaids, I get a hang.

EDIT: Issue was with the Sci Fi Series DUNE.

Please unselect XBMC Scraper, TMDB, so Media Companion uses the inbuilt scraper. The XBMC Scraper is for advanced users that tweak the scraper files manually.

MC's inbuilt is as good as if not better that XBMC's TMDB scraper, and is much more maintained.

PS, Dune scrapes perfectly with MC inbuilt, and poster set to TheMovieDB.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - BesterH - 2013-02-25

In the output file after scraping could any warnings be put in a different color (red). I scroll through and sometimes things don't stand out. Just a thought.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - BesterH - 2013-02-25

Or sometimes they do. I scraped this morning and scrolled through and seen the word failure again and again. So I'm looking to see what didn't work. Nothing, the latest episode of Shameless's name was Cascading Failures and it word wrapped right between them. Sort of funny. Maybe swap out the !!! with >>>, they didn't help much either. lol

(2013-02-25, 06:38)BesterH Wrote: In the output file after scraping could any warnings be put in a different color (red). I scroll through and sometimes things don't stand out. Just a thought.

Right now, not able to. Need to change all message boxes to allow colour, bold, font changes etc.

(2013-02-25, 15:32)BesterH Wrote: Or sometimes they do. I scraped this morning and scrolled through and seen the word failure again and again. So I'm looking to see what didn't work. Nothing, the latest episode of Shameless's name was Cascading Failures and it word wrapped right between them. Sort of funny. Maybe swap out the !!! with >>>, they didn't help much either. lol

That caused me a giggle or two. LOL

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - KidKiwi - 2013-02-26

Just fired up the latest release. Looks great.

One thing I did notice (not sure if by design or not) that the "Studio Field" is returning 3 results, versus 1 in previous releases.

Great job and much appreciated.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - vbat99 - 2013-02-26

(2013-02-26, 22:16)KidKiwi Wrote: Just fired up the latest release. Looks great.

One thing I did notice (not sure if by design or not) that the "Studio Field" is returning 3 results, versus 1 in previous releases.

I believe that is now by design, controlled by IMDB. Many films are now financed or produced by more than one studio.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - KidKiwi - 2013-02-26

(2013-02-26, 22:26)vbat99 Wrote:
(2013-02-26, 22:16)KidKiwi Wrote: Just fired up the latest release. Looks great.

I believe that is now by design, controlled by IMDB. Many films are now financed or produced by more than one studio.

Sad

Any chance you could add a thingee like the one that regulates actors and genres returns to only give 1 result. Thx

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - vbat99 - 2013-02-26

(2013-02-26, 22:28)KidKiwi Wrote:
(2013-02-26, 22:26)vbat99 Wrote:

Sad

Any chance you could add a thingee like the one that regulates actors and genres returns to only give 1 result. Thx

Are you meaning allow only one studio? Cause there is no way to select which is added first.

(2013-02-26, 22:33)vbat99 Wrote:
(2013-02-26, 22:28)KidKiwi Wrote:
(2013-02-26, 22:26)vbat99 Wrote: I believe that is now by design, controlled by IMDB. Many films are now financed or produced by more than one studio.

Sad

Are you meaning allow only one studio? Cause there is no way to select which is added first.

Yeah...only allow one studio. Wouldn't care which one is added, as it's not a field I really care about. But I do want it filled with something.

Actually, there has always been multiple studio references on IMDB, but MC has only ever returned one result. Why the change now??

(2013-02-26, 23:00)KidKiwi Wrote: Yeah...only allow one studio. Wouldn't care which one is added, as it's not a field I really care about. But I do want it filled with something.

Actually, there has always been multiple studio references on IMDB, but MC has only ever returned one result. Why the change now??

Think this happened in last fix for scraper with movies. I'll ask Phil to have a look at it.