Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - Zxurian - 2013-03-01

love the new version.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - Zxurian - 2013-03-01

random question. Is there a reason why Movie Preferences applies immediately, but TV Preferences requires a restart?

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - vbat99 - 2013-03-01

(2013-03-01, 09:34)Zxurian Wrote: random question. Is there a reason why Movie Preferences applies immediately, but TV Preferences requires a restart?

Believe that may be a left over message. Will get that sorted for next release.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - ingeon - 2013-03-01

(2013-02-27, 19:27)vbat99 Wrote: No, not for the main page. This should be where users visualize the library. Minor changes can be manually made and saved, but all the tools are readily available by forcefully having to R-click or pull down a menu.

Leaving it open to Click or dbl-click action, will make users nervous when moving over the fields.

You'll notice almost every program has the tools or buttons around the outer edges for ease of management.

I agree.
A small request to add Show Title.S01E01.Episode Title.ext to Regex
On a side note, it`s unbelievable how snappy the program has become. I`ve been using MC since 2009.
It`s been a joy following the development.

(2013-03-01, 04:19)vbat99 Wrote: MC 3.549b Released

Check out the Download page for all the Fixes, updates etc.

Awesome release.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - echo - 2013-03-02

Thank you for your continued work on this great program...

Most of the problems I've had have been addressed, except one: I am having trouble with multi-file movies.
I have tried ticking and unticking "Determines how ancillary files for multi-part movies are labelled" and the problem remains. Specifically, I have some older movies in the library which have already been scraped by XBMC and their nfos created (without the CD1, CD2 parts) but MC doesn't recognize these and creates new nfos for them... eg:

name.of.movie.2002.PROPER.DVDRiP.XviD.CD1-KiNESiS
name.of.movie.2002.PROPER.DVDRiP.XviD.CD2-KiNESiS
name.of.movie.2002.PROPER.DVDRiP.XviD-KiNESiS.nfo [exists but not seen by MC]

and

another.movie.2009.DVDRip.AC3.German.XviD.CD1-PP-Elite
another.movie.2009.DVDRip.AC3.German.XviD.CD2-PP-Elite
another.movie.2009.DVDRip.AC3.German.XviD-PP-Elite.nfo [exists but not seen by MC]

I have some 20 such movies with the same problem. I presume MC expects the "CDx" part to be the last in the string and that's why it isn't working, but I prefer to keep the original names as it is needed for finding subtitles etc..
Are you able to make this multi-file identification more flexible, or is the only fix for me to rename all such movies?

Thanks!

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - ironcross - 2013-03-03

I have my TV shows ripped to individual episode folders containing DVD folder structure. In old versions of MC it would correctly scan everything and just create an nfo file for the VIDEO_TS file of each episode. Now a scan produces nfo files for every single VOB and IFO file. This results in multiples of each episode being listed. Is there a setting I am missing or is this just a bug?

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - vbat99 - 2013-03-04

(2013-03-02, 20:33)echo Wrote: Thank you for your continued work on this great program...

Most of the problems I've had have been addressed, except one: I am having trouble with multi-file movies.
I have tried ticking and unticking "Determines how ancillary files for multi-part movies are labelled" and the problem remains. Specifically, I have some older movies in the library which have already been scraped by XBMC and their nfos created (without the CD1, CD2 parts) but MC doesn't recognize these and creates new nfos for them... eg:

name.of.movie.2002.PROPER.DVDRiP.XviD.CD1-KiNESiS
name.of.movie.2002.PROPER.DVDRiP.XviD.CD2-KiNESiS
name.of.movie.2002.PROPER.DVDRiP.XviD-KiNESiS.nfo [exists but not seen by MC]

and

another.movie.2009.DVDRip.AC3.German.XviD.CD1-PP-Elite
another.movie.2009.DVDRip.AC3.German.XviD.CD2-PP-Elite
another.movie.2009.DVDRip.AC3.German.XviD-PP-Elite.nfo [exists but not seen by MC]

I have some 20 such movies with the same problem. I presume MC expects the "CDx" part to be the last in the string and that's why it isn't working, but I prefer to keep the original names as it is needed for finding subtitles etc..
Are you able to make this multi-file identification more flexible, or is the only fix for me to rename all such movies?

Thanks!

Right, Move your CD1 and CD2 to the end of the video filename

So should looklike
Code:
name.of.movie.2002.PROPER.DVDRiP.XviD.KiNESiS-CD1.avi
name.of.movie.2002.PROPER.DVDRiP.XviD.KiNESiS-CD2.avi
( I put avi as example of file extension only)

There are some parts of the filename that may need to be added to Clean Filename Settings under Movie Preferences>Advanced.
I would add "Proper", "DVDRiP", "XviD" and "KiNESiS", just to make sure MC will scrape it correctly.

Give it a go.

(2013-03-03, 18:04)ironcross Wrote: I have my TV shows ripped to individual episode folders containing DVD folder structure. In old versions of MC it would correctly scan everything and just create an nfo file for the VIDEO_TS file of each episode. Now a scan produces nfo files for every single VOB and IFO file. This results in multiples of each episode being listed. Is there a setting I am missing or is this just a bug?

Episodes need to be either in their own VOB file, or multi episode VOB files, or Multiepisode ISO file.

ie: S01E01E02E03E04.VOB

Or ISO.

DVD Structure like with bup and ifo files, are not compatible with TV series. And I can confirm, never have. BUT, single VOB or ISO does work.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - mard0g - 2013-03-05

My first post. I have been searching for days and have had no luck.

First, a big THANK YOU to all of the devs for picking up MC and keeping it current!

I have been using MC 3.4 and prior for years to organize my movies and tv shows for Boxee Box.

My problem is with my fanart files. Boxee Box, through Boxee Plus Hacks, will now show fanart but it has to be named simply "fanart.jpg" in each folder.

It seems that MC has been adding the movie title into the name as well. The boxee box does not see them when the movie title is included.

Is there a way for MC to rename all of my fanart to simply "fanart.jpg"?
If not, what it's the best way to do that?

Over the years I have always chosen the image I liked in case this day came. Now it is here and I don't want to delete or rename them all.

I have also been looking for a setting so that on future movies the fanart does not include the movies title.

Am I overlooking a simple setting or can this feature be added to MC?

Thank you
Marcus

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - vbat99 - 2013-03-05

Gidday Mard0g,

Are all your movies in separate folders? if so, then there may be a way to add saving fanart.jpg at the same time as folder.jpg

So, could you give a example of all the artwork and format that Boxee uses. I could add this as a feature request.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - mard0g - 2013-03-05

Each movie has their own folder.

Within that folder next to the video files there must be a file called fanart.jpg.

Inside a particular movies folder should typically look like this:

[MovieName].nfo
[MovieName].mkv
folder.jpg
fanart.jpg

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - vbat99 - 2013-03-05

(2013-03-05, 20:49)mard0g Wrote: Each movie has their own folder.

Within that folder next to the video files there must be a file called fanart.jpg.

Inside a particular movies folder should typically look like this:

[MovieName].nfo
[MovieName].mkv
folder.jpg
fanart.jpg

See what I can do to add an option to MC.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - echo - 2013-03-06

Hi vbat99, two small requests:
1) can you please make the fanart selection window scrollable by mousewheel (the main movie list works by mousewheel, but with the fanart selection section you have to actually click the scrollbar)?
2) can you let the user choose the naming convention for images? something similar to how MediaElch does it. Specifically, i would prefer the movie posters to be named poster.jpg in the folder instead of moviename-poster.jpg. I have hundreds of movies already setup this way, xbmc recognizes everything properly, but when I use MC to change a poster, a new file "moviename-poster.jpg" is created... If you dont want to complicate the UI, maybe have this as an option in config.xml...

Anyways, thanks for the great work.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - vbat99 - 2013-03-06

I'm looking into fanart.jpg at the moment for movies in folders, but am a bit confused.

I tested a movie in a folder, with fanart.jpg and poster.jpg, but XBMC Frodo didn't pick up the poster. I am wondering If I needed to tell XBMC that all movies are in folders for it to get the poster.

Also, what is the format for Eden/Dharma for movies in folders?

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - echo - 2013-03-06

All my movies are in separate folders, and as such specified in xbmc under the content settings... however, though posters are named poster.jpg, fanart is named moviename-fanart.jpg. I think it has always been like that except that for Eden/Dharma it was poster.tbn....HTH