Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - vbat99 - 2013-03-18

(2013-03-18, 10:59)TH3 M0L3 Wrote:
(2013-03-16, 03:45)vbat99 Wrote: MC 3.552b is out.

Download and give us your feedback.

Updated to the above version, and the only issue I am having is:

TV shows:

In main browser the banners are not displayed on any episode. If I go to the "posters" tab for each TV show, the banner is shown there.

I have Pre-frodo enabled. I'm still running XBMC Eden on my ATV2.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*edit

Home movies

Thumbnail in main browser tab is only 3mm x 3mm

I'll check out the home movies section, but what's this about banners not displaying on any episode?? IF there is no season banner, then there is nothing to display. More info needed please.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - TH3 M0L3 - 2013-03-18

[quote='vbat99' pid='1369552' dateline='1363627747']
Quote:I'll check out the home movies section, but what's this about banners not displaying on any episode?? IF there is no season banner, then there is nothing to display. More info needed please.

Thanks for checking the home issue.

I have banners for every TV show saved in that shows folder.

Before upgrading to this release of MC, all artwork for a show would be displayed when in the "main browser" tab on MC GUI.

Since upgrading, where the banner should be displayed in the GUI, there is the default icon for missing artwork.
However, when navigating to the "poster" tab in MC, the banner is shown.

Hope that better explains it....

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - vbat99 - 2013-03-18

(2013-03-18, 19:37)TH3 M0L3 Wrote: Thanks for checking the home issue.

I have banners for every TV show saved in that shows folder.

Before upgrading to this release of MC, all artwork for a show would be displayed when in the "main browser" tab on MC GUI.

Since upgrading, where the banner should be displayed in the GUI, there is the default icon for missing artwork.
However, when navigating to the "poster" tab in MC, the banner is shown.

Hope that better explains it....

Are you talking about having banners for the main poster when using XBMC Dharma or Eden??

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - TH3 M0L3 - 2013-03-18

Quote:Are you talking about having banners for the main poster when using XBMC Dharma or Eden??

I sure am.

I've got it set up and working great in XBMC, and up until this release of MC, it was working great here too.

I've even tried changing the banner for "show a". It works, but if I then click on "show b" then right back on "show a", the banner is gone again....

*edit

Is not the episodes which have issues. MC takes a screenshot of the show at 10seconds and uses that as a thumb.

The banner in question is the main poster for the show.

OK, What version of XBMC are you using, and what artwork mode have you set MC to? ie: Pre, Frodo or Both?
The three panels if displayed are for Frodo artwork, ie, Top Left, Fanart, Top Right, Poster, Bottom is for banners.

If your show was scraped for Pre-Frodo, then there would only be Fanart and Poster showing, where Poster can be a "Poster" or a "Banner" (Dharma/Eded didn't make a distinction on what format the poster actually was).

For Frodo, all three picture boxes can be filled, BUT, if a season does not have a banner available on TVDb site, then this will remain blank.

(2013-03-18, 20:23)vbat99 Wrote: OK, What version of XBMC are you using

Eden

Quote: and what artwork mode have you set MC to? ie: Pre, Frodo or Both?

pre-frodo

Quote:The three panels if displayed are for Frodo artwork, ie, Top Left, Fanart, Top Right, Poster, Bottom is for banners.

it's the bottom one

Quote:If your show was scraped for Pre-Frodo, then there would only be Fanart and Poster showing, where Poster can be a "Poster" or a "Banner" (Dharma/Eded didn't make a distinction on what format the poster actually was).

they're all scraped for pre-frodo. MC is not displaying the banners even though they exist.
All I get is the Fanart. The top right is only displayed if i have clicked on an actual episode. Then the season poster is displayed

Quote:For Frodo, all three picture boxes can be filled, BUT, if a season does not have a banner available on TVDb site, then this will remain blank.

They're available. All the banners were displayed in previous releases.....

Thanks for your help with this!

OK, Give me a or the show name. I think I know what's going on.

If Pre-Frodo is enabled, I think MC isn't allowing the banner to be saved as a poster.

Before frodo code was added, MC allowed the poster to be a Poster or a Banner for Eden. Might be a easy fix, but would like to confirm with the show your using. And you'r on MC3.552b?

So,

here's what i have done:

* Changed artwork mode to both
* right click show a - find missing artwork
* All three images are found and displayed.

* change artwork mode back to pre-frodo
* right click show b - find missing artwork. nothing happens Show a still displays artwork from previous step.

I have over 50 shows to do this with.....

(2013-03-18, 21:16)vbat99 Wrote: OK, Give me a or the show name. I think I know what's going on.

If Pre-Frodo is enabled, I think MC isn't allowing the banner to be saved as a poster.

Before frodo code was added, MC allowed the poster to be a Poster or a Banner for Eden. Might be a easy fix, but would like to confirm with the show your using. And you'r on MC3.552b?

yeah, MC3.552b

Try any of the following

The Walking Dead
Bones
Blue Bloods
Banshee
Breaking Bad

All 53 of the shows I have are reacting the same...

(2013-03-18, 21:19)TH3 M0L3 Wrote: So,

here's what i have done:

* Changed artwork mode to both
* right click show a - find missing artwork
* All three images are found and displayed.

* change artwork mode back to pre-frodo
* right click show b - find missing artwork. nothing happens Show a still displays artwork from previous step.

I have over 50 shows to do this with.....

Selecting between Both and Pre-Frodo, enables and disables the extra artwork. Season01-banner.jpg is displayed in the bottom window if Both mode is selected, but is disabled if Pre-Frodo is enabled. This is normal as Eden doesn't recognise -banner.jpg for seasons.

Eden is still tbn files The problem is, Frodo or Both, is set to display Frodo artwork by default. If no Frodo artwork is present, then it falls back to Eden artwork.
But Pre-frodo only displays Eden artwork.
Also, if in Both mode, a show's poster has to be a poster.

I think Ill set it to both, then "find missing artwork" for all my shows

This way I am future proofing my library for when I decide to upgrade XBMC to Frodo

Thanks for your time helping me!

No problem, Happy to help.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - harmltc - 2013-03-18

(2013-03-18, 21:28)TH3 M0L3 Wrote: I think Ill set it to both, then "find missing artwork" for all my shows

This way I am future proofing my library for when I decide to upgrade XBMC to Frodo

Thanks for your time helping me!

(2013-03-18, 21:30)vbat99 Wrote: No problem, Happy to help.

Had the exact same issue. Thanks for the help!

..and future proofing is also for me the best way to go Wink

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - Zxurian - 2013-03-19

So... I know Media Companion operates pretty much self contained within it's own folder.

Would it be possible to run it out of a directory on a nas? (NTFS/Samba share)

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - vbat99 - 2013-03-19

(2013-03-19, 01:45)Zxurian Wrote: So... I know Media Companion operates pretty much self contained within it's own folder.

Would it be possible to run it out of a directory on a nas? (NTFS/Samba share)

Only with a Mapped drive letter, but why? unless your thinking of having a common driver letter and accessing it from multiply computers...In that case make sure your not running more than one copy at a time.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - Zxurian - 2013-03-19

Mapped drive letter is fine, but yes, planning on accessing it from multiple computers.
I have one box that does the sorting, so that will be running just mc_com.exe, and the my main desktop would run the gui for things like picking art, organizing, exporting.