Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - vbat99 - 2013-03-31

(2013-03-31, 10:06)heiNey Wrote: i scrape with mc, and it seems to be working fine. however, whenever i try to add the movies/nfo to xbmc's library, xbmc re-scrapes everything - essentially ignoring the nfo files generated by mc. how do i force xbmc to use the nfos from mc?

There is no way to force XBMC to use existing nfo's. Rather, XBMC will always use existing nfo's, and if not found, then download from the Internet.

What version MC are you using, and What version of XBMC are you using.

(2013-03-31, 12:59)swehawk Wrote: Jumped from 3.551b to 3.554b. All movies gone! Refresh and Search for new movies doesn't help. Judging by the speed of these operations though, it seems that MC has the movies in database, it just won't show them....

Edit: reverted to 3.553b and got my movies back Smile
Must be a bug in 3.554b!

Fixed with latest MC3.556b release.

(2013-03-31, 14:42)bobrap Wrote: Is there a setting that I may be missing for use with offline videos? Before, MC would save the fanart as the background when the avi files plays.

One other thing I noticed is saving the source. If I save source from the drop down as BDRip, a refresh negates that and no movies have a saved source. Make sense? Thanks again for the latest release!

Will check into the source issue for you.

As for Offline videos, this may have been neglected and might need some tlc before the next release. Please advise exactly what the issue is with Offline videos.

Cheers.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - bobrap - 2013-04-01

(2013-03-31, 14:42)bobrap Wrote: Is there a setting that I may be missing for use with offline videos? Before, MC would save the fanart as the background when the avi files plays.

One other thing I noticed is saving the source. If I save source from the drop down as BDRip, a refresh negates that and no movies have a saved source. Make sense? Thanks again for the latest release!

Will check into the source issue for you.

As for Offline videos, this may have been neglected and might need some tlc before the next release. Please advise exactly what the issue is with Offline videos.

Cheers.
[/quote]

Not really a problem...it just uses a stock background instead of fanart. If that's by design, no problem.Smile

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - swehawk - 2013-04-01

(2013-03-31, 20:38)vbat99 Wrote: MC 3.556b release
to solve Cache loading issue
Download

Yay, movies are back, and that's no joke (despite today's date Wink
Well done!

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - scott967 - 2013-04-01

3.556b seems to be working here.

scott s.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - Zorks - 2013-04-01

I'm starting to have a weird issue with my TV Shows and for the life of me I can't seem to find any information online about people with similar problems. I tried looking for a Media Companion logging option so I could see where the failure happens but I can't seem to find one of those either (I did try clicking the checkmark on the debug tab but I can't seem to find where it is actually saving the log, if it is).

I've had this issue with two shows, the most recent with Game of Thrones. Even though s03e01 is filled out on thetvdb.com when scraping MediaCompanion renames the episode to "TBA" with all blank info. I've double checked the show ID and it is correct and all the other seasons scrapped fine.

The first time I've encountered this scraping error was with the Simpsons, specifically episodes s25e15 and s24e16. With the Simpsons, e15 scrapes blank and e16 scrapes with e15's info. Again, I've double checked the show ID and it is correct and all the other seasons scrapped fine. I even removed the .nfo of previous episodes (s25e12, e13, & e14) and they scrape properly.

New episodes of other shows (Californication, How I Met Your Mother, Castle, Archer, etc) scrape properly as well. I first noticed this issue a couple versions back (maybe MC 3.5.5.4?) and I am currently running v3.5.5.7.

I'd greatly appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction towards fixing this issue as I am at a loss at this point.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - vbat99 - 2013-04-01

Had latest Game of Thrones, S03E01 come down and scraped perfectly. Approx 15hrs ago. So, have to ask, what are your settings, what scraper are you using?

I ask because MC would have had to have gotten "TBA" from somewhere.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - Zorks - 2013-04-01

To the best of my knowledge, I am using all default TV Scraper settings. I just deleted the relevant .NFOs and removed my entire media companion program, re-downloaded and re-installed it as well. I'd already did this once so I wasn't expecting much but for some reason they're scraping now.

So my problem is fixed but I'm still baffled as to what could have caused it in the first place and persisted over multiple version upgrades. I've been using Media Companion since the start and have been running XBMC for years at this point (and love both) without serious issue and this was the first time I've ever been stumped by a problem involving the two.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - TH3 M0L3 - 2013-04-01

Thankfully I was too busy this weekend and missed the updates from 3.553b onward so the missing movies didnt effect me.

This release for me is great as ever....

One small niggle, however.
The movie filter year slider is a great idea but I think it needs to be tightened up a bit....

I don't think any movies were made in year "1"
This makes the slider extremely sensitive for the years where this slider would be useful.

Great work as ever, and welcome to Zxurian. Looking forward to seeing your contributions!

If I knew anything about what you guys do, then I'd offer my services.

Keep it up fellas!

(2013-04-01, 19:18)vbat99 Wrote: Had latest Game of Thrones, S03E01 come down and scraped perfectly.

Did it ten minutes ago and worked fine for me too.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - vbat99 - 2013-04-01

(2013-04-01, 19:59)TH3 M0L3 Wrote: Thankfully I was too busy this weekend and missed the updates from 3.553b onward so the missing movies didnt effect me.

This release for me is great as ever....

One small niggle, however.
The movie filter year slider is a great idea but I think it needs to be tightened up a bit....

I don't think any movies were made in year "1"
This makes the slider extremely sensitive for the years where this slider would be useful.

Great work as ever, and welcome to Zxurian. Looking forward to seeing your contributions!

If I knew anything about what you guys do, then I'd offer my services.

Keep it up fellas!

From Media Companion Home page, regarding your year 1.

Quote:Polite request: If you post a review and within that, raise an issue. Please

Raise an issue! Or at least change your details so we can email you to fix the problem.

E.g. The first review on V3.557. We'd like to let you know the movie year range is generated from your data, so you have one or more movies apparently released in year 1 and we recommend you order your movies by year and re-scrape those affected.

(2013-04-01, 19:37)Zorks Wrote: To the best of my knowledge, I am using all default TV Scraper settings. I just deleted the relevant .NFOs and removed my entire media companion program, re-downloaded and re-installed it as well. I'd already did this once so I wasn't expecting much but for some reason they're scraping now.

So my problem is fixed but I'm still baffled as to what could have caused it in the first place and persisted over multiple version upgrades. I've been using Media Companion since the start and have been running XBMC for years at this point (and love both) without serious issue and this was the first time I've ever been stumped by a problem involving the two.

One thing I always do, is run the newest version of Media Companion in its own folder. As in I NEVER overwrite an existing version of MC.

Reason being is due to the changes and updated to MC, the config.xml and other settings files, may have changed, and can cause issues like what you experienced.

I know it's a bit of work to set MC back to how a user likes it (and I have to do this for every test build I do, so I do this a LOT), but it removes the chance of a bad experience.

Anyway, enjoy. I'm glad you did get it to work again.

Code:
Looking at your question again, and the code in MC, I believe the option to use fanart as background for offline videos was changed to ensure optimum visual presentation.

What I'm trying to say is the standard "Please load xxx media to play" needs to be quite prominent, and some fanart can make this text disappear into the background.

Scratch what I said. Found some older versions that did as you asked. Checking now if I can put it back to using movie fanart as background.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - TH3 M0L3 - 2013-04-01

Thanks for the advice, vbat99.
Will look at this tomorrow.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - scott967 - 2013-04-02

(2013-03-09, 02:33)scott967 Wrote: Having an exception in 3.5.4.9
Added file "Dr. Dolittle.mkv" as movie. Wrong title selected and used "change movie" tab to search IMDB and select correct title "Doctor Dolittle" and selected "go". Movie scraped correctly. Went to "posters" tab and selected "IMDB" exception thrown:

Code:
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Length cannot be less than zero.
Parameter name: length
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Symbols.Container.InvokeMethod(Method TargetProcedure, Object[] Arguments, Boolean[] CopyBack, BindingFlags Flags)
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.ObjectLateGet(Object Instance, Type Type, String MemberName, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments, Boolean[] CopyBack)
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.LateGet(Object Instance, Type Type, String MemberName, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments, Boolean[] CopyBack)
   at imdb_thumbs.Class1.getimdbposters(String imdbid)
   at Media_Companion.Form1.Button17_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

The other poster art sites scraped OK, just IMDB had this problem.

scott s.

Have a repeat of this problem, tested on 553, 556, and 557. Same scenario, this time movie was "Rules of engagement". IMDB scraped the movie and found the wrong one. Used "change movie" to get the correct one from IMDB. Selecting "Posters" and select poster source of "IMDB" causes the exception:

Code:
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Symbols.Container.InvokeMethod(Method TargetProcedure, Object[] Arguments, Boolean[] CopyBack, BindingFlags Flags)
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.ObjectLateGet(Object Instance, Type Type, String MemberName, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments, Boolean[] CopyBack)
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.LateGet(Object Instance, Type Type, String MemberName, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments, Boolean[] CopyBack)

scott s.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - TH3 M0L3 - 2013-04-02

Quote:From Media Companion Home page, regarding your year 1.

We'd like to let you know the movie year range is generated from your data, so you have one or more movies apparently released in year 1 and we recommend you order your movies by year and re-scrape those affected.

Thanks. Found a Home move which I manually created the nfo file for to be the culprit. It was on home improvements, so filmed over three years. When I set the movie year as 2010-2013, it didn't like it and must have read it as 1.

Thanks for the help!

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - vbat99 - 2013-04-04

(2013-04-02, 01:28)scott967 Wrote:
(2013-03-09, 02:33)scott967 Wrote: Having an exception in 3.5.4.9
Added file "Dr. Dolittle.mkv" as movie. Wrong title selected and used "change movie" tab to search IMDB and select correct title "Doctor Dolittle" and selected "go". Movie scraped correctly. Went to "posters" tab and selected "IMDB" exception thrown:

Code:

The other poster art sites scraped OK, just IMDB had this problem.

scott s.

Have a repeat of this problem, tested on 553, 556, and 557. Same scenario, this time movie was "Rules of engagement". IMDB scraped the movie and found the wrong one. Used "change movie" to get the correct one from IMDB. Selecting "Posters" and select poster source of "IMDB" causes the exception:

Code:

scott s.
After you changed to the correct movie, did you do a Refresh All for Movies. This will update the movie cache with the new values.

If this still is an issue. Please post up the full movie title that caused incorrect movie to be scraped, so I can attempt to reproduce.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - scott967 - 2013-04-05

(2013-04-04, 23:42)vbat99 Wrote: After you changed to the correct movie, did you do a Refresh All for Movies. This will update the movie cache with the new values.

If this still is an issue. Please post up the full movie title that caused incorrect movie to be scraped, so I can attempt to reproduce.

OK I just now got this exception on a movie that scraped properly right off the bat. This is in 3.5.5.7b on Win7x64. I did a "refresh all". Movie title is "The Quiet Man (1952)". IMDB ID tt0045061. Everything scrapes including poster , The problem is when I go to "poster" tab (or Poster Browser (Alternative)) and select IMDB. I get the exception and have to exit.

scott s.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - vbat99 - 2013-04-05

(2013-04-05, 03:07)scott967 Wrote:
(2013-04-04, 23:42)vbat99 Wrote: After you changed to the correct movie, did you do a Refresh All for Movies. This will update the movie cache with the new values.

OK I just now got this exception on a movie that scraped properly right off the bat. This is in 3.5.5.7b on Win7x64. I did a "refresh all". Movie title is "The Quiet Man (1952)". IMDB ID tt0045061. Everything scrapes including poster , The problem is when I go to "poster" tab (or Poster Browser (Alternative)) and select IMDB. I get the exception and have to exit.

scott s.

Right, found and nailed this fault down. Will be in the next release.