Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - vbat99 - 2013-04-23

(2013-04-23, 17:27)halburrows Wrote: Love the ignoring dot underscore names in TV! Can this be added for movies too? Pretty please?

Sigh....alright, will have a look into it. No promises for next release as busy finishing some rebasing of code.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - vbat99 - 2013-04-24

(2013-04-21, 19:49)swehawk Wrote: I'm fine with either <moviename>-poster/fanart.jpg, or just poster/fanart.jpg, just not both of them, and I'm sorry to say, I do not have "Both" selected!I have "Frodo and onwards" selected! Scout's honor Wink

So, no stress! I'll check back tomorrow expecting to find 3.600-Final with all bugs fixed -NOT Cool

Next release will feature option to save only as poster.jpg and fanart.jpg, if movie is in own folder.

Note: if Pre-frodo or Both is selected, then moviename.tbn and moviename-fanart.jpg are also saved for backwards compatibility.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - vbat99 - 2013-04-24

(2013-04-23, 20:21)vbat99 Wrote:
(2013-04-23, 17:27)halburrows Wrote: Love the ignoring dot underscore names in TV! Can this be added for movies too? Pretty please?

Sigh....alright, will have a look into it. No promises for next release as busy finishing some rebasing of code.

Added for next release. MC will not scrape any movie with dot underscore infront of the videofile name.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - halburrows - 2013-04-24

(2013-04-24, 01:19)vbat99 Wrote:
(2013-04-23, 20:21)vbat99 Wrote:

Added for next release. MC will not scrape any movie with dot underscore infront of the videofile name.

Thank you thank you!! You all at the best! Keep up the great work!

(2013-04-24, 04:43)halburrows Wrote:
(2013-04-24, 01:19)vbat99 Wrote:
(2013-04-23, 20:21)vbat99 Wrote: Sigh....alright, will have a look into it. No promises for next release as busy finishing some rebasing of code.

Thank you thank you!! You all at the best! Keep up the great work!

Just note: if any movies were scraped with dot underscore before, they will be added doing a refresh. I figure its best for users to clean this up otherwise they'll not know the files exist.

Enjoy.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - echo - 2013-04-24

(2013-04-24, 00:54)vbat99 Wrote: Next release will feature option to save only as poster.jpg and fanart.jpg, if movie is in own folder.
Note: if Pre-frodo or Both is selected, then moviename.tbn and moviename-fanart.jpg are also saved for backwards compatibility.
Thank you! And please have the poster.jpg visible in MC...as right now MC doesn't find it in the movie folder..

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - vbat99 - 2013-04-25

(2013-04-24, 23:48)echo Wrote:
(2013-04-24, 00:54)vbat99 Wrote: Next release will feature option to save only as poster.jpg and fanart.jpg, if movie is in own folder.
Thank you! And please have the poster.jpg visible in MC...as right now MC doesn't find it in the movie folder..

It is displayed in the next release.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - Constructacon - 2013-04-26

Hey guys,

My install has just started to try to re-scrape every movie when I scan for new movies. All movies are already displayed in the main window. I've refreshing all movies and rebuilding from nfo files but it still tries to re-crape. I don't really want to do this as I have hundreds of movies. Not sure when this started but I've always used the current build (it's been a while since I added a movie - 2013-03-29) and it still does it in 3.5.6.1. Any suggestions of what settings I might have borked?

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - vbat99 - 2013-04-26

Not sure what is going on for you, but haven't had anyone else with this issue, unless you've set up all movies in folder or Use Folder Name for scraping, and they aren't in folders.

Go to codeplex site, register and upload your config.xml file to a new issue. Also, attach one of the movie's nfo's. from one that was trying to rescrape.

By any chance are your movies on a case sensitive NAS??

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - Constructacon - 2013-04-27

(2013-04-26, 10:34)vbat99 Wrote: Not sure what is going on for you, but haven't had anyone else with this issue, unless you've set up all movies in folder or Use Folder Name for scraping, and they aren't in folders.

Go to codeplex site, register and upload your config.xml file to a new issue. Also, attach one of the movie's nfo's. from one that was trying to rescrape.

By any chance are your movies on a case sensitive NAS??

Ticket raised (#921)

EDIT: I don't have a NAS. Just a Win7 PC.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - vbat99 - 2013-05-01

New Release - MC 3.562b

Download link

Revision History

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - greybeard - 2013-05-01

Recent catastrophe on WinXP forced upgrade to Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit. Until this I was still running MC gen2 3.4 and doing manual cleanup on scrapes. D/l'ed 3.562b and created test folders for movies and tv-shows and copied a few movies with .nfo and .tbn files and a few with just the .mp4 files. Movies stored directly in movies folder with names like "resident-evil-extinction-lb.mp4" (letterbox), "resident-evil-retribution-hb-di-q16.mp4", etc.. Added movies folder and tv-shows root folder to Folders in MC. Went into Preferences/General and made sure the rename options were unchecked. Movies that had .nfo, .tbn and -fanart.jpg files displayed correctly, with the filenames in the left panel of the Main Browser and the correct info and images in the right panel. Then I did "Search New" and for any file that did not have a .nfo file MC renamed the files on disk. This is absolutely unacceptable to me. It makes for total chaos when MC misidentifies the movie. For example I had a file named "chronos-ld.mp4" (ripped from my laserdisc) and it renamed it to "Pinoy Big Brother Teen Edition (2006)" which is not even a movie but rather a TV-show.

The tv-shows folder is setup with one folder per tv series with all seasons and episodes in the same directory. It seems to work right and does not rename the mp4 files from the names that I give them.

Is it possible to disable movie renaming? If not that is for me a fatal flaw.

[added 2013-05-01 14:43]
I looked through config.xml and looked for anything with rename in the tagname. Renamenfofiles is set to True. Is that the problem?

Here are all of the tags that have "rename" in them:
<renamenfofiles>True</renamenfofiles>
<keepfoldername>False</keepfoldername>
<keepfoldername>False</keepfoldername>
<moviemanualrename>False</moviemanualrename>
<movierenameenable>False</movierenameenable>
<movierenametemplate>%T (%Y)</movierenametemplate>
<tvrename>0</tvrename><eprenamelowercase>False</eprenamelowercase>
<autorenameepisodes>False</autorenameepisodes>

It seems that if tvrename is working the way I want, that might have something to do with tvrename being set to 0.

Should there be a movierename tag that could be set to zero or is renamenfofiles what I need to change?

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - vbat99 - 2013-05-01

(2013-05-01, 20:03)greybeard Wrote: Recent catastrophe on WinXP forced upgrade to Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit. Until this I was still running MC gen2 3.4 and doing manual cleanup on scrapes. D/l'ed 3.562b and created test folders for movies and tv-shows and copied a few movies with .nfo and .tbn files and a few with just the .mp4 files. Movies stored directly in movies folder with names like "resident-evil-extinction-lb.mp4" (letterbox), "resident-evil-retribution-hb-di-q16.mp4", etc.. Added movies folder and tv-shows root folder to Folders in MC. Went into Preferences/General and made sure the rename options were unchecked. Movies that had .nfo, .tbn and -fanart.jpg files displayed correctly, with the filenames in the left panel of the Main Browser and the correct info and images in the right panel. Then I did "Search New" and for any file that did not have a .nfo file MC renamed the files on disk. This is absolutely unacceptable to me. It makes for total chaos when MC misidentifies the movie. For example I had a file named "chronos-ld.mp4" (ripped from my laserdisc) and it renamed it to "Pinoy Big Brother Teen Edition (2006)" which is not even a movie but rather a TV-show.

The tv-shows folder is setup with one folder per tv series with all seasons and episodes in the same directory. It seems to work right and does not rename the mp4 files from the names that I give them.

I am so sorry. Code changes I did have caused this error. I have fixed and release a new Media Companion, 3.562c.

Download from Link

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - greybeard - 2013-05-01

That was quick. :-) Thank you.

[added 4:19 P EDT]

I reran the test and the files were not renamed. MC still blew the identity of Chronos, but that is OK. I checked the config.xml file to see if there was a change in the tags that say anything about "rename", but did not see anything. Since there is a tag for tvrename it would be orthogonal to have a movierename tag.

Well, that was a BIG Boo Boo on my part.