Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - vbat99 - 2013-05-31

(2013-05-30, 16:42)formula Wrote:
(2013-05-30, 12:30)vbat99 Wrote:
(2013-05-30, 12:22)formula Wrote: hello again , can you tell me how i can add actors to movies , i can edit the movie but when i get to the actors button is not available to me - do i have to point the media manager to the thumbnail in a folder on my pc

It was possible to do this in the Alternative editor, r-click movie, select Edit (alternative), but for some reason this is not active.

Are you having the same issue, some actors are not downloaded for some movies? This is fixed and will be available in the next release.

well its not really a movie im trying to scrap .. its a live standup comedy dvd show , and with these kind of shows there isnt much info from IMDB more than likely the DVD isnt even logged at IMDB so i blank the .nfo and edit the show manually , hence trying to add actors to it .. also i was wondering could there be a new added feature in your program as you know , that as well as being able to add fanart and poster images .. i would find it really useful to be able to have a section to add disc art.png so long as there already in the movie folder , i know there is the artwork downloader program but that really does take forever to complete .. and i was wondering how easy or difficult it would be to add this feature to your program ? if you could just point the media manager to the selected disc.png without the program having to download it from the net .. if possible

Next release, you can use the alternative movie editor to add actors to your nfo.

Regarding disc.png, this is not in the works to be added to MC. As MC is developed for XBMC, XBMC doesn't support (as far as I know) and disc art.png images with the movie files.

If you have info that XBMC does, please share a link so it can be studied.

We are hoping to add clear-art at some time, but as of now, it isn't in line for some time.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - formula - 2013-05-31

thanks for that vbat .. unfortunately the disc art.png is just an idea ... but its got to be associated with the selected movie somewhere in the programming .. its just a case of finding it .. i suppose someone needs to look at the movie without art work and the same movie with artwork and see if there's a change in the program pulling the info .. its got to be there somewhere and if theres no need for the program to search itself for disc art rather then you pointing to the disc art . i think that would be less hassle for now .. even if it has to build a XML file to do it.. anyway thanks for the help

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - vbat99 - 2013-06-03

Media Companion MC 3.569b - Released

Download from here

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - formula - 2013-06-04

thanks for this vbat !

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - akya - 2013-06-04

awesome.... Thanks !!

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - vbat99 - 2013-06-04

(2013-06-04, 04:36)formula Wrote: thanks for this vbat !

(2013-06-04, 04:37)akya Wrote: awesome.... Thanks !!

Your welcome, but I can't take credit. AnotherPhil, HueyHQ, StormyKnight etc, they're the ones who really got MC rolling. And not to forget Billy who's brainchild this started from.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - formula - 2013-06-04

(2013-06-04, 04:56)vbat99 Wrote:
(2013-06-04, 04:36)formula Wrote: thanks for this vbat !

(2013-06-04, 04:37)akya Wrote: awesome.... Thanks !!

Your welcome, but I can't take credit. AnotherPhil, HueyHQ, StormyKnight etc, they're the ones who really got MC rolling. And not to forget Billy who's brainchild this started from.

Thanks to them too ....... lol

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - pdo65 - 2013-06-04

Hi,

All my movies have Dutch subtitles and some have also Dutch audio.
When MC create an NFO file than it will always write/make the TAG with subtitle >dum< and audio >dum<
Like this:
<audio>
<language>dum</language>
<codec>DTS</codec>
<channels>6</channels>
<bitrate>1 509 Kbps</bitrate>
</audio>
<subtitle>
<language>dum</language>
<language>eng</language>
</subtitle>

Then I always change it manual to >nl< in the language-tag
Is it maybe possible to change it to write an >nl< language-tag automatically by MC ?

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - HueyHq - 2013-06-04

The problem being is that this info comes directly out of the codec using the MediaInfo.dll file. This is third-party so we don't have any control over it. I suggest contacting the developers of that project to ask what the story is about that?
[EDIT: http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net]

Arbitrarily changing this in MC may cause issues elsewhere, eg XBMC!

Regardless, we'll get to the bottom of this!

(PS. what does 'dum' actually mean? I would have thought 'dut' would have been right (for us English-speaking types), or is it a native abbreviation?)

(2013-06-04, 22:34)pdo65 Wrote: Is it maybe possible to change it to write an >nl< language-tag automatically by MC ?
Funny, you go to the MediaInfo project, and select the Netherlands flag, and it comes up with 'nl' as you would expect?
I wonder what's going on?

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - HueyHq - 2013-06-04

OK, here's another edit!
I see in our project, we have MediaInfoNET source files - it may be that there IS an error on our part. Let me look into it and get back to you! (Sorry for the possible misinformation!)

Can I delete every post I have submitted this morning? It seems I have no idea what I'm talking about, AND I have had my first coffee!

My partner-in-crime, vbat99, has informed me this language code is derived from our Utilities function, so MC is totally in control of what is output! I will action your request then, shall I!

Looking over this function, it looks horribly out of date and due for an overhaul. Brace for disgruntled international users - but 'nl' will be correct!)

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - pdo65 - 2013-06-04

(2013-06-04, 23:15)HueyHq Wrote: Can I delete every post I have submitted this morning? It seems I have no idea what I'm talking about, AND I have had my first coffee!

My partner-in-crime, vbat99, has informed me this language code is derived from our Utilities function, so MC is totally in control of what is output! I will action your request then, shall I!

Looking over this function, it looks horribly out of date and due for an overhaul. Brace for disgruntled international users - but 'nl' will be correct!)

Thanks for your action HueyHq!!

I will waith......

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - vbat99 - 2013-06-05

(2013-06-04, 22:34)pdo65 Wrote: Hi,

When MC create an NFO file than it will always write/make the TAG with subtitle >dum< and audio >dum<
Like this:
<audio>
<language>dum</language>
<codec>DTS</codec>
<channels>6</channels>
</audio>
<subtitle>
<language>dum</language>
<language>eng</language>
</subtitle>

Is it maybe possible to change it to write an >nl< language-tag automatically by MC ?

(2013-06-04, 22:45)HueyHq Wrote: The problem being is that this info comes directly out of the codec using the MediaInfo.dll file. This is third-party so we don't have any control over it. I suggest contacting the developers of that project to ask what the story is about that?

(PS. what does 'dum' actually mean? I would have thought 'dut' would have been right (for us English-speaking types), or is it a native abbreviation?)

(2013-06-04, 22:34)pdo65 Wrote: Is it maybe possible to change it to write an >nl< language-tag automatically by MC ?
Funny, you go to the MediaInfo project, and select the Netherlands flag, and it comes up with 'nl' as you would expect?

To help out Huey, could you download mediainfo from here, and open the video file, then select view-custom, and tell us what the language code is

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - pdo65 - 2013-06-05

(2013-06-05, 00:17)vbat99 Wrote:
(2013-06-04, 22:34)pdo65 Wrote: Hi,

Like this:
<audio>
<language>dum</language>
<codec>DTS</codec>
<channels>6</channels>
</audio>
<subtitle>
<language>dum</language>
<language>eng</language>
</subtitle>

(2013-06-04, 22:45)HueyHq Wrote: The problem being is that this info comes directly out of the codec using the MediaInfo.dll file. This is third-party so we don't have any control over it. I suggest contacting the developers of that project to ask what the story is about that?

To help out Huey, could you download mediainfo from here, and open the video file, then select view-custom, and tell us what the language code is

This is the Mediainfo output of one videofile

General : T:\Video\Movies\Nova Zembla (2011)_Blu-Ray.1080p.DTS.m2ts
Format : BDAV at 10,4 Mbps
Length : 7,90 GiB for 1h 49mn 6s 964ms

Video #0 : AVC at 8 184 Kbps
Aspect : 1920 x 1080 (1.778) at 23.976 fps

Audio #0 : DTS at 1 509 Kbps
Infos : 6 kanalen, 48,0 KHz
Language : nl

Text #0 : PGS

Text #1 : PGS
Language : en

This is an M2TS videofile, I can send more videofiles with other formats like MKV and subtitles utf-8

General : T:\Video\Movies\Verliefd op Ibiza (2013).mkv
Format : Matroska at 9 747 Kbps
Length : 7,95 GiB for 1h 56mn 42s 48ms

Video #0 : AVC at 8 239 Kbps
Aspect : 1920 x 1040 (1.846) at 24.000 fps

Audio #0 : DTS at 1 509 Kbps
Infos : 6 kanalen, 48,0 KHz

Text #0 : UTF-8

Text #1 : UTF-8

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - vbat99 - 2013-06-05

Just downloaded a cooking show episode in dutch and got the same results. But, XBMC uses ffmpeg to get the media information, and it returns "dut" as the language code.

We should in fact be using "dut" instead of "dum" or "nl".

Easy test is import a video into XBMC, let it get the information, play the file for a seconds, then export the library information.

I did this with a second copy of XBMC, and just copied a video mkv file into a test folder, named the file "evolution" and got XBMC to scrape the information, Played it, then exited back to main menu.

Went to settings, Video, and exported library to individual files. Checked this nfo, and it has "dut" as language code.