Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - vbat99 - 2013-07-04

Media Companion MC3.571b released!!

Download here

Revision History

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - HueyHq - 2013-07-04

(2013-06-24, 05:51)akya Wrote: It works perfectly for movies. I was thinking about using it for my TV Show collection too. So tested it on a sample folder with a TV show. MC isn't detecting the double episodes.. or am I missing anything? Check the screen
I guess if I'm looking for something to do, I should have a look at this! This issue's been loitering for some time!

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - TH3 M0L3 - 2013-07-07

To the Dev's, as ever this is a great program and it's an integral part of my HTPC. Your hard work to keep improving it is always much appreciated.

It's not often I find something which is worth mentioning here, so I'll keep it brief and hopefully there is an easy answer.

When I have the GUI open, I have the filter set to "date added".

I dont think the below happened in previous versions, but when I upgraded to v3.5.7.1, the "date added" filter shows that all movies were added on the same date, ie the date of the upgrade.

I'm guessing that by deleting the movie and tv cache xml's in the settings folder, the "date added" is also deleted.

As mentioned, I cant recall this happening in previous versions. This filter is quite useful to me because I use it to double check newly added movies / tv shows to ensure the correct movie has been scraped, edit sets, and change artwork prior to updating XBMC library.

Is there a better way to force MC to reload movie and tv xmls after an upgrade without deleting them first?

Thanks in advance for your help.

**edit: This gets weirder: I'd say 90% of my movies have 05 July 2013 as the date added, but these have slowly been added over the 3 years

I have a few movies with random dates, with the most recent being added on 02 July, and three form 2012....

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - HueyHq - 2013-07-07

To update the cache files, click "Refresh All" which will reload the info in the NFO files.

You could check the NFO files directly for the <createdate> tag (yyyyMMddhhmmss) to make sure they seem kosher.

I hope this is what you're asking for, 'cos it gets harder to pin-point from here on in! I've never seen this before, but then, I'm always hitting refresh!

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - TH3 M0L3 - 2013-07-07

(2013-07-07, 12:45)HueyHq Wrote: To update the cache files, click "Refresh All" which will reload the info in the NFO files.
Done, but to no avail

Quote:You could check the NFO files directly for the <createdate> tag (yyyyMMddhhmmss) to make sure they seem kosher.
Done. I checked about 10 of the files that have the same date of 05 July, and cant find the <creatdate> tag. Even using the "find" function of notepad doesn't bring it up. The nfo file, when viewed in notepad doesn't seem to have a clear structure to it as you'd normally expect, but when copied over to pastebin, the correct structure is restored.

nfo with Incorrect date
nfo with correct date

Quote:I hope this is what you're asking for, 'cos it gets harder to pin-point from here on in! I've never seen this before, but then, I'm always hitting refresh!

I dont really care about the older movies, I just want the new additions to have good nfo's showing createdate so it makes my post processing a bit easier....

Thanks for your help BTW.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - vbat99 - 2013-07-07

(2013-07-07, 13:27)TH3 M0L3 Wrote:
(2013-07-07, 12:45)HueyHq Wrote: To update the cache files, click "Refresh All" which will reload the info in the NFO files.
Done, but to no avail

Quote:You could check the NFO files directly for the <createdate> tag (yyyyMMddhhmmss) to make sure they seem kosher.
Done. I checked about 10 of the files that have the same date of 05 July, and cant find the <creatdate> tag. Even using the "find" function of notepad doesn't bring it up. The nfo file, when viewed in notepad doesn't seem to have a clear structure to it as you'd normally expect, but when copied over to pastebin, the correct structure is restored.

nfo with Incorrect date
nfo with correct date

Quote:I hope this is what you're asking for, 'cos it gets harder to pin-point from here on in! I've never seen this before, but then, I'm always hitting refresh!

I dont really care about the older movies, I just want the new additions to have good nfo's showing createdate so it makes my post processing a bit easier....

Thanks for your help BTW.

Checking my test nfo's, they all have the <createdate> tag ie:
Code:
<createdate>20130708054430</createdate>
Except the ones exported from XBMC, this doesn't have the createdate tag.

Any movie nfo without the createdate tag, will have the current date as the added date.

PS. Batch rescrape will add the current date in <createdate> tag.

Might add to Alternative editor the option to change createdate.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - HueyHq - 2013-07-07

Good point, vbat99 - it does look like it was exported from XBMC. The <epbookmark>, <lastplayed> and <resume> tags in the 'problem.nfo' sure do indicate this - MC doesn't create those tags AFAIK. Have you done the 'Export Library...' command from XBMC lately?

(2013-07-07, 21:16)HueyHq Wrote: Have you done the 'Export Library...' command from XBMC lately?

As it goes, yes. I was messing about with Plex to compare with XBMC, and I think I exported the library then. I stuck with XBMC in the end as it's better IMO.

I could rescrape the library, but it's immense at 700 or so movies, so will take a bit of time. I might just use the wizard and scrape the ratings or something. Will this then put the <createdate> tag in the nfo so it doesnt display the current date as the date added?

At least I know what has caused the issue, and will avoid exporting the XBMC library in the future.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - vbat99 - 2013-07-07

(2013-07-07, 23:13)TH3 M0L3 Wrote:
(2013-07-07, 21:16)HueyHq Wrote: Have you done the 'Export Library...' command from XBMC lately?

As it goes, yes. I was messing about with Plex to compare with XBMC, and I think I exported the library then. I stuck with XBMC in the end as it's better IMO.

I could rescrape the library, but it's immense at 700 or so movies, so will take a bit of time. I might just use the wizard and scrape the ratings or something. Will this then put the <createdate> tag in the nfo so it doesnt display the current date as the date added?

At least I know what has caused the issue, and will avoid exporting the XBMC library in the future.

Doing a Batch Rescrape, MC will put the createdate as the current date, if the tag is not present in the nfo.

It might be possible, to read the date of the video file, and use that instead, but there's no guarantee that this date is anywhere near when you originally added the movies to your XBMC or MC.

Could add this as a function of MC. Not sure how long it would take though.

(2013-07-07, 21:16)HueyHq Wrote: Doing a Batch Rescrape, MC will put the createdate as the current date, if the tag is not present in the nfo.

already underway Smile

Quote:It might be possible, to read the date of the video file, and use that instead, but there's no guarantee that this date is anywhere near when you originally added the movies to your XBMC or MC.

Could add this as a function of MC. Not sure how long it would take though.

That would be a useful feature for someone in my situation I guess. I'm not really particularly worried about the date they were added, just so long as the dont continually show the current date because that would annoy me.

If you're right and the batch rescrape adds the <createdate> tag, then that will suffice for me. Far be it for me to create extra work for you guys!

Thanks for the guidance and help btw!

(2013-07-07, 23:29)TH3 M0L3 Wrote: That would be a useful feature for someone in my situation I guess. I'm not really particularly worried about the date they were added, just so long as the dont continually show the current date because that would annoy me.

If you're right and the batch rescrape adds the <createdate> tag, then that will suffice for me. Far be it for me to create extra work for you guys!

Thanks for the guidance and help btw!

No Prob. Once the batch rescrape is finished, then the nfo will have the Today's date stored in any nfo that had it missing. This will be kept for future rescrapes, so no worries about that date changing.

Cheers.

(2013-07-07, 23:33)vbat99 Wrote: so no worries about that date changing.

Awesome news. At least my mind is put at ease knowing what caused the issues in the first place.

thanks again!!

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - HueyHq - 2013-07-08

I've had the need to correct the create date on a couple of movies in the past. If I've needed it, and TH3 M0L3 needs it, then maybe this is a feature that others might find useful too!

I would like to do it, but I'm not sure when I could get it done by.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - vbat99 - 2013-07-08

I'll add to alternative nfo editor, that way its available, but those who know can edit it. LOL.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - vbat99 - 2013-07-08

Added createdate editing to alternative movie editor in MC. Be available in scheduled next release.