Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - JermZone - 2013-07-11

I LOVE Media Companion. I've been using it for years and it has grown to be so incredible! One thing I have never been sure about (I know I must have missed the explanation somewhere) is how to integrate the things you pull and scrap from MC into XMBC. I've been using the "Files" option in XBMC and going directly to the media folders which automatically pulls all the fanart etc without XMBC doing it's scrapping, but I would like to use the Movie and TV Shows option. Do I just need to set the folders content to be Movies or TV Shows and let XMBC go thru it's process of scrapping everything even though I've already done that work? Something tells me there should be a way around XMBC performing its scraping since I've done the work already with MC. I may be wrong but have finally decided I don't like using the direct files option and want to use the other options and have been trying different things. Thanks in advance!

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - vbat99 - 2013-07-11

Gidday JermZone

Your on the right track.

Starting with Movies, in XBMC, add the movie Root directory by adding source, then set its content to 'Movies' and you should be asked to scan for new content. This will then populate your library.

Now if you add more movies to your movie directory, in XBMC you need to pull up the context menu, er r-click or by remote 'info' and select 'update library' or 'scan for new content' depends on which version of XBMC you are using. This will check for any new movies and add to the library.

In XBMC Dharma, you had to enable Library, which is as easy as in XBMC main menu, select video option, then left arrow brings up the left side menu. Select Library

Now you may also want to select 'Stack' and 'Flatten'. 'Stack' is for split movies, ie: cd1, cd2 etc, handles them as one part. 'Flatten' drops filtering by genre, title etc, and just gives you all the movies.

Hope this is of help.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - JermZone - 2013-07-11

Thanks for the quick response. Sounds like I am doing it the way it's been intended.

Thanks again!

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - vbat99 - 2013-07-11

Its pretty easy once XBMC is set up. Just update library as per adding movies, or go to settings, video, and select 'Scan Library on Startup', then each time XBMC is started, or woken up (if mediapc is put to sleep), XBMC scans for new movies or TV Shows.

Cheers

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - zorrozh - 2013-07-13

Is it possible to save the scraping data in another folder rather than the folder where the movies/tv series are located?
I'd like to do that to mantain the movies folder as clean as possible.
Thanks

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - vbat99 - 2013-07-13

(2013-07-13, 12:28)zorrozh Wrote: Is it possible to save the scraping data in another folder rather than the folder where the movies/tv series are located?
I'd like to do that to mantain the movies folder as clean as possible.
Thanks

Unfortunately, XBMC needs the data with the movie. Otherwise it doesn't know for which movie the data is for.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - scott967 - 2013-07-13

I think if you use MC for all your movie scraping, you have a pretty reliable and standard set of files in each movie folder and I guess "clean" is in the eye of the beholder but I think it is pretty efficient.

scott s.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - vbat99 - 2013-07-15

New Release of Media Companion - MC3.572b

New Features:
  • XBMC Link - Supporting Frodo See documentation
  • Movie - If missing video file, can either be highlighted, of if movie is selected, option to remove from Media Companion
  • Movie - Context menu to upgrade artwork to Frodo Only.
  • Movie - New General filters to filter by Pre-Frodo, Frodo or Both based on existing movie meta data
  • TV - Merged IMDB/TVDB tabs
  • TV - Basic Table View (W.I.P)
  • Media Companion.exe - Can add options to auto scrape Movies & Ep's, Movies or Ep's. See Documentation
  • mc_com.exe - output's ErrorLevel values depending on if Movie or Episodes were scraped. See Documentation

Download Link Here

Revision History

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - feerlessleadr - 2013-07-16

(2013-07-15, 23:17)vbat99 Wrote: New Release of Media Companion - MC3.572b

New Features:
  • XBMC Link - See documentation
  • Movie - If missing video file, can either be highlighted, of if movie is selected, option to remove from Media Companion
  • Movie - Context menu to upgrade artwork to Frodo Only.
  • Movie - New General filters to filter by Pre-Frodo, Frodo or Both based on existing movie meta data
  • TV - Merged IMDB/TVDB tabs
  • TV - Basic Table View (W.I.P)
  • Media Companion.exe - Can add options to auto scrape Movies & Ep's, Movies or Ep's. See Documentation
  • mc_com.exe - output's ErrorLevel values depending on if Movie or Episodes were scraped. See Documentation

Download Link Here

Revision History

xbmc link sounds like an awesome feature. Based on what I see, I don't think it is compatible with mysql correct, or am I missing something?

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - HueyHq - 2013-07-16

No, not at this point.

I have been waiting for AnotherPhil to finish up, as I have been wanting to leverage his work to access the MySql server, mainly because this is what I have set-up personally. I was only really going to access the 'Watched' status initially, but would be interested in any other ideas you may have?

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - akya - 2013-07-16

This is what I am getting when I setup XBMC link and validate

Code:
************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.FileLoadException: Mixed mode assembly is built against version 'v2.0.50727' of the runtime and cannot be loaded in the 4.0 runtime without additional configuration information.
   at Media_Companion.Preferences.get_XBMC_TexturesDb_Conn_Valid()
   at Media_Companion.ucGenPref_XbmcLink.btnValidate_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

and Thanks for implementing TV table view.. Now all it needs is resizable column width and full screen height and width to the entire table.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - vbat99 - 2013-07-16

(2013-07-16, 05:49)akya Wrote: This is what I am getting when I setup XBMC link and validate

Code:
************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.FileLoadException: Mixed mode assembly is built against version 'v2.0.50727' of the runtime and cannot be loaded in the 4.0 runtime without additional configuration information.
   at Media_Companion.Preferences.get_XBMC_TexturesDb_Conn_Valid()
   at Media_Companion.ucGenPref_XbmcLink.btnValidate_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

and Thanks for implementing TV table view.. Now all it needs is resizable column width and full screen height and width to the entire table.

Geez, don't ask for much!!. LOL. Kidding. That's in the plans, plus being able to edit cells, allow plot to be scrollable or a drop window to see whole plot.
Really just wanted to get it out there for now, then start fine tuneing it.

As for the error message, what version of XBMC are you running? I have a sinking feeling that we left out the info regarding Frodo compatibility, not Eden or Dharma.

Can you do a screenshot of your settings, ie Gen Pref> XBMC Link tab (hide your usr/pass if need be.)

Plus it might be an idea to post this crash message to Codeplex for logging. Oh and AnotherPhil's the Guru behind this section of code, so if he see's it on Codeplex, better chance of getting the right answer for you.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - akya - 2013-07-16

(2013-07-16, 05:59)vbat99 Wrote: Geez, don't ask for much!!. LOL. Kidding. That's in the plans, plus being able to edit cells, allow plot to be scrollable or a drop window to see whole plot.
Really just wanted to get it out there for now, then start fine tuneing it.

As for the error message, what version of XBMC are you running? I have a sinking feeling that we left out the info regarding Frodo compatibility, not Eden or Dharma.

Can you do a screenshot of your settings, ie Gen Pref> XBMC Link tab (hide your usr/pass if need be.)

Plus it might be an idea to post this crash message to Codeplex for logging. Oh and AnotherPhil's the Guru behind this section of code, so if he see's it on Codeplex, better chance of getting the right answer for you.

Haha Tongue I knew that... but posted it anyways Tongue and yes I am on Frodo.. I have posted the error and screenshot on Codeplex->Issues

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - Spydawg - 2013-07-16

will the new xbmc link work with libraries using MySQL?

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - vbat99 - 2013-07-16

(2013-07-16, 15:40)Spydawg Wrote: will the new xbmc link work with libraries using MySQL?

(2013-07-16, 02:30)HueyHq Wrote:
(2013-07-16, 02:22)feerlessleadr Wrote: xbmc link sounds like an awesome feature. Based on what I see, I don't think it is compatible with mysql correct, or am I missing something?

No, not at this point.

I have been waiting for AnotherPhil to finish up, as I have been wanting to leverage his work to access the MySql server, mainly because this is what I have set-up personally. I was only really going to access the 'Watched' status initially, but would be interested in any other ideas you may have?

Above reply from last page. Currently, no.