Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - vbat99 - 2013-07-30

(2013-07-30, 16:06)bobrap Wrote: Just wondering if a feature has been removed or I'm just missing how to use it. I remember, in past versions, the original title drop-down window allowed you to choose from multiple titles. I'm only getting one now. Is this intended? Also, thanks for all the work on a great program! Smile

Interesting, hadn't noticed that, but your right, and I went back 20 odd versions of MC, same thing. I think we've had another change at IMDB.

Will look into this.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - bobrap - 2013-07-30

(2013-07-30, 20:07)vbat99 Wrote:
(2013-07-30, 16:06)bobrap Wrote: Just wondering if a feature has been removed or I'm just missing how to use it. I remember, in past versions, the original title drop-down window allowed you to choose from multiple titles. I'm only getting one now. Is this intended? Also, thanks for all the work on a great program! Smile

Interesting, hadn't noticed that, but your right, and I went back 20 odd versions of MC, same thing. I think we've had another change at IMDB.

Will look into this.

Thanks, one of my favourite features. Smile

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - vbat99 - 2013-07-31

(2013-07-30, 20:13)bobrap Wrote:
(2013-07-30, 20:07)vbat99 Wrote:

Will look into this.

Found and fixed, will be available in next release.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - bobrap - 2013-07-31

(2013-07-31, 00:20)vbat99 Wrote:
(2013-07-30, 20:13)bobrap Wrote:
(2013-07-30, 20:07)vbat99 Wrote: Interesting, hadn't noticed that, but your right, and I went back 20 odd versions of MC, same thing. I think we've had another change at IMDB.

Will look into this.

Found and fixed, will be available in next release.

Thank You!!

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - niih - 2013-07-31

Hi,

I seem to have a problem in that the latest versions of MC (last 3 versions, 3.5.7.2 to 3.5.7.4) seems to no longer download the Actor thumbs for the new movies I add. When I filter by "Missing Local Actors" and do a batch update and select "Rescrape Actors", it seems to work okay, and the log says all actors were successfully scraped, but it does not download any images.

Can anyone give me an idea of what to look for to make this work? I am sure it is some silly configuration mistake on my part, but I would be grateful for a hint as to where to look to fix this.

Regards

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - vbat99 - 2013-08-01

How are your movies sorted? Separate folders for each movie?

You've made sure you've selected 'Download actors' in General Preferences?

What about Media Companion 3.570 or 3.571? Do these still work for you?

Current version is working correctly for me.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - bobrap - 2013-08-01

I guess this is a feature request instead of a bug. When I scan my offline movie folder, some movies are incorrectly identified and an avi file is created for that incorrect title. When changing the movie to the correct one, a new avi file is not created. Any help with this? Thanks again.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - vbat99 - 2013-08-01

(2013-08-01, 19:58)bobrap Wrote: I guess this is a feature request instead of a bug. When I scan my offline movie folder, some movies are incorrectly identified and an avi file is created for that incorrect title. When changing the movie to the correct one, a new avi file is not created. Any help with this? Thanks again.

That's a Squirly one, as Offline movies are based on Folder Name, which MC doesn't do folder renaming...yet, and after that, well, the file is handled like any other video file. ie: apart from being in an offline root folder.

This is part bug, part feature.

I'll add to the To Do list as a new feature.

To get around this, you'll have to rename the offending movie's folder, delete all files inside the folder, Refresh MC and Search for new. This'll create the new offline video with the correct title.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - niih - 2013-08-02

All my movies are in individual folders, and I have one folder with all my DVD ISOs

I tried older versions, and the last version which downloaded actor images form me was 3.563b

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - vbat99 - 2013-08-02

Are you using the XBMC TMDB scraper?

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - niih - 2013-08-03

No, I do not have the "Use XBMC Scraper" checked. Should I be using that?

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - HueyHq - 2013-08-03

(2013-08-03, 08:53)niih Wrote: No, I do not have the "Use XBMC Scraper" checked. Should I be using that?
No, not unless you want to customise scraping.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - TH3 M0L3 - 2013-08-03

(2013-07-24, 02:51)HueyHq Wrote: I've now added a tool that will update the <createdate> tag in the NFO file to whatever the 'modified' date of the movie file is. It will be available next release, and is accessed from the Tools menu.

The tool itself is very rudimentary, but does allow a little bit of filtering to select the movies you want to update. Hope it is of use to someone!

Excellent news!

Just used it and it has solved the issues I was having! Many thanks HueyHq and whoever else was responsible...

**edit - Thanks also for fixing the plot scraping issue - (where plot scraped outline instead) XBMC looks a bit better now Smile

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - vbat99 - 2013-08-03

(2013-08-03, 09:00)HueyHq Wrote:
(2013-08-03, 08:53)niih Wrote: No, I do not have the "Use XBMC Scraper" checked. Should I be using that?
No, not unless you want to customise scraping.

I did testing and only with XBMC TMDB scraper did the actors not scrape.

I'm not sure what's going on.

You've tried a fresh extract of MC, not copying over an existing build??

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - vbat99 - 2013-08-03

Media Companion MC3.575b Release

Couple of fixes for XBMC Link, UI fix and a few more. Check on Download Link

Revision History