Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - bobrap - 2013-08-03

(2013-08-01, 20:22)vbat99 Wrote:
(2013-08-01, 19:58)bobrap Wrote: I guess this is a feature request instead of a bug. When I scan my offline movie folder, some movies are incorrectly identified and an avi file is created for that incorrect title. When changing the movie to the correct one, a new avi file is not created. Any help with this? Thanks again.

That's a Squirly one, as Offline movies are based on Folder Name, which MC doesn't do folder renaming...yet, and after that, well, the file is handled like any other video file. ie: apart from being in an offline root folder.

This is part bug, part feature.

I'll add to the To Do list as a new feature.

To get around this, you'll have to rename the offending movie's folder, delete all files inside the folder, Refresh MC and Search for new. This'll create the new offline video with the correct title.

Just wanted to follow up. Thanks for the recent release! I found a bit of a work-around. If the movie is scraped wrong, I change to the correct movie, download the fanart again and a new avi is created. Seems to be working for me. Smile

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - niih - 2013-08-06

(2013-08-03, 10:07)vbat99 Wrote:
(2013-08-03, 09:00)HueyHq Wrote:
(2013-08-03, 08:53)niih Wrote: No, I do not have the "Use XBMC Scraper" checked. Should I be using that?
No, not unless you want to customise scraping.

I did testing and only with XBMC TMDB scraper did the actors not scrape.

I'm not sure what's going on.

You've tried a fresh extract of MC, not copying over an existing build??

I just tried with the latest MC and I am still having the problem.

After looking closely, it seems that all the movies I have added after a certain date, (which I am not sure of) seem to have this issue of showing up when I filter by "Missing Local Actors". Another thing I have noticed is that MC seems to download some of actors when I try to rescrape actors, but not all of them.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - akya - 2013-08-09

How to filter movies according to Tags? I believe it was possible in earlier versions. I am unable to do the same in the latest version though..

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - vbat99 - 2013-08-09

(2013-08-09, 05:48)akya Wrote: How to filter movies according to Tags? I believe it was possible in earlier versions. I am unable to do the same in the latest version though..

Sorry, this hasn't be implemented yet. You can see what tags are allocated to a movie in the Browser tab, but there is no Tag filter.

Will add to To Do List.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - akya - 2013-08-09

(2013-08-09, 05:56)vbat99 Wrote: Sorry, this hasn't be implemented yet. You can see what tags are allocated to a movie in the Browser tab, but there is no Tag filter.

Will add to To Do List.

Cool.. It would be a nice feature.. I have 2 tags atm.. A delete tag, for when my movie collection becomes unbearably huge and have to delete some movies.. Big Grin and a full HD tag Tongue
and kudos man.. the features in roadmap look awesome !

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - Manic D - 2013-08-14

Does Media Companion read VIDEO_TS folders for TV shows? I am trying to add a DVD of an episode named like:

TV Shows\Show Name\Season ##\S##E## - Episode Name\VIDEO_TS

I can't get it to work.

Also wondering if there's any update on an option to exclude sub-folders of an excluded folder?

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - vbat99 - 2013-08-14

(2013-08-14, 00:26)Manic D Wrote: Does Media Companion read VIDEO_TS folders for TV shows? I am trying to add a DVD of an episode named like:

I can't get it to work.

Also wondering if there's any update on an option to exclude sub-folders of an excluded folder?

It seems that this was possible some versions ago, and that is quite a few versions ago, but currently it's not working. I think it's on the To Do list.

As for excluding a folder, there is an option to excluding scanning inside a specific folder name, but if this folder has sub folders, then those sub folders are scanned.

I hope to improve on that option so that a specific folder name and any sub-folders will be excluded from scans. And now I read your question correctly and see that's exactly what your asking for. Hopefully soon.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - Manic D - 2013-08-14

Thanks for the update. I just got a NAS, so I'm looking to go for full DVD backups now.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - vbat99 - 2013-08-14

(2013-08-14, 00:55)Manic D Wrote: Thanks for the update. I just got a NAS, so I'm looking to go for full DVD backups now.

Sweet. OK, I'll move priority to High, and hope to check this out soon. No promises it'll make the next release, but I'll keep you in to loop.

Just a FYI, if your signed up to Codeplex for Media Companion, add a comment to this issue, and you'll be emailed when I update that thread.

(2013-08-14, 00:47)vbat99 Wrote:
(2013-08-14, 00:26)Manic D Wrote: Does Media Companion read VIDEO_TS folders for TV shows? I am trying to add a DVD of an episode named like:

I can't get it to work.

It seems that this was possible some versions ago, and that is quite a few versions ago, but currently it's not working. I think it's on the To Do list.

As for excluding a folder, there is an option to excluding scanning inside a specific folder name, but if this folder has sub folders, then those sub folders are scanned.

I hope to improve on that option so that a specific folder name and any sub-folders will be excluded from scans. And now I read your question correctly and see that's exactly what your asking for. Hopefully soon.

Just added a fix for excluded folder names. Now if there are any subfolders within an excluded folder, these are....excluded...from scans.

It might be I have to add a checkbox for this function, as some people may perfer to have only the contents of the excluded folder ignored, but sub folders still scanned. If this has to happen, then just check the newer versions, as the option will probably have to be disabled by default.

Will be in next release

I can't get it to work.

Seems to have fixed scraping of episodes in DVD file/folder structure, but I can for the likes of me figure out how to get XBMC to scrape these episodes.

Any help would be appreciated in figuring that out.

(2013-08-14, 06:51)vbat99 Wrote:

I can't get it to work.

Seems to have fixed scraping of episodes in DVD file/folder structure, but I can for the likes of me figure out how to get XBMC to scrape these episodes.

Any help would be appreciated in figuring that out.

Here's a couple of threads I found that may be helpful.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=55497

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=95230

This needs to be in the advancedsettings.xml:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<tvshowmatching append="no">
     <regexp>\[[Ss]([0-9]+)\]_\[[Ee]([0-9]+)\]?([^\\/]*)(?:(?:[\\/]video_ts)[\\/]video_ts.ifo)?</regexp>
     <regexp>[\._ \[\-\\/]([0-9]+)x([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)(?:(?:[\\/]video_ts)[\\/]video_ts.ifo)?</regexp>
     <regexp>[Ss]([0-9]+)[\.\-]?[Ee]([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)(?:(?:[\\/]video_ts)[\\/]video_ts.ifo)?</regexp>
     <regexp>[\._ \-\\/]([0-9]+)([0-9][0-9])([\._ \-][^\\/]*)(?:(?:[\\/]video_ts)[\\/]video_ts.ifo)?</regexp>
   </tvshowmatching>
</advancedsettings>

Yep, googled it and tested as working.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - vbat99 - 2013-08-15

Well, just read those two threads, what a ruckus some people throw.

Anyway. MC is scraping the dvd files/folder structure correctly, and creating the nfo and images.
But, no episode thumbs are being displayed in MC for the dvd structure. Any thoughts on what naming these should be for DVD files/folder structure?

Currently they're named video_ts.tbn and video_ts-thumb.jpg

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - niih - 2013-08-16

I have noticed that in the latest versions, if a .nfo file exists for a new movie (downloaded via Couchpotato) , MC does not find it when you do a search for new movies, but picks it up if you do a refresh. If I delete the .nfo files before I do a search for new movies, MC works fine.

I remember that I used to be able to do a search for new movies and MC would pick up all new movies, even when those new movies had a .nfo file already created.

Is this a new behavior, or have I inadvertently messed up some configuration info ?