Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - vbat99 - 2013-08-28

@ Niih

Added context menu option "Use Rescrape Wizard on Selected Show". This can only be done for one selected show, not multiple shows. Will be available in next release.

Adding to HueyHQ's comments, I assume you are meaning TV Episode, not TV Show. If TV Show, is this through the batch rescrape wizard?

Please post the output of Mediainfo for the relevant video file.

Update. the multiple audio sections are occuring with Batch Rescrape Wizard.

Will look into this and get it resolved.

For now, just use Rescrape Episode.

Will Attempt to get this sorted ASAP.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - vbat99 - 2013-08-28

Update 2: Fixed.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - HueyHq - 2013-08-28

Thanks vbat99! As always, on the ball!
I meant to mention I had tried episode re-scraping, but I guess that's all academic now!

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - niih - 2013-08-28

I use SickBeard on my NAS, which writes most of the .nfo, and then I use MC to finish it off and add actors, etc.

(2013-08-28, 18:18)niih Wrote: I use SickBeard on my NAS, which writes most of the .nfo, and then I use MC to finish it off and add actors, etc.

I use to use Sickbeard (on windows) to do the nfo for downloaded episodes on my NAS also, but I found there was much more information missing in the Sickbeard nfo, that I just got it to run mc_com in a batch file to create valid and full nfo's. Means I didn't need to run MC unless there weren't thumbs available for the episode.

This probably isn't of use as Sickbeard is running on your NAS, but I know where your coming from.

If you wish to get a fixed version of Media companion, I could send you a Dropbox link, via PM, for a fixed build.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - niih - 2013-08-28

That would be great. I will be happy to test it for you.

I have been doing some research to try to find out if there is a way I could trigger a batch on my windows machine from my synology, but so far, I haven't found any way to do it as yet.

(2013-08-28, 22:26)niih Wrote: That would be great. I will be happy to test it for you.

I have been doing some research to try to find out if there is a way I could trigger a batch on my windows machine from my synology, but so far, I haven't found any way to do it as yet.

PM sent.

I know that Sickbeard has notifications, maybe one of these can be used to run a Batch file on a Windows machine. Also, it'd be interesting to know if we can link one of those notifications into MC....that'd be nice, but could be difficult.

Cheers

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - Methanoid - 2013-09-06

Had reason to have a good play with movie scraping today and noticed something a little strange with my 1000+ collection, looking the General filter where you can select films missing information from previous scrapes.

Pre Frodo poster only (2) but none appear in list
Missing Runtime (29) but none in list (there were more but I selected scrape on basis of the files reported length which reduced number hugely)
Missing Votes (17) but none in the list

Have refreshed by the way....

Any ideas what is going wrong?

EDIT: Seems to have cleared... Maybe needed to reset filters again.. Ignore unless I can replicate the problem!!

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - akya - 2013-09-15

Oh man.. I got so used to testing out new version every 4-5 days or so.. Now it's just torture waiting a month for a new version.. Big Grin Big Grin But awesome going Smile

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - vbat99 - 2013-09-15

Yeah, its been a bit slow at the mo, many of us have been weight down by real-life.

Though there is a new feature coming, renaming of folders. I have this working for manual renaming/batch renaming, but not for initial scraping...yet.

Also, haven't tested using smb link, only mapped drive.

Be a couple more days till I can get back to the code, but hope to have something out for end of next week.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - TH3 M0L3 - 2013-09-15

(2013-09-15, 09:33)vbat99 Wrote: Though there is a new feature coming, renaming of folders.

+1 for this!

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - vbat99 - 2013-09-17

New Media Companion Released - MC3.577b

New Features:
Extra rename patterns
Rename Folders/Create folders - ie: Movieset/movietitle (year)

Download here

Revision History

The Renaming or Creation of folders is very new to Media Companion, and code I am still learning to work with. Feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Currently you can rename the folder using similar patterns as for Movie file renaming, with the addition of Movie Set name.

So for example, if you have a folder called Die Hard 1, diehard 2, diehard 3 etc, you could rename using %M/%T (%Y), creating
Die Hard Collection\Die Hard (1987)
Die Hard Collection\Die Hard 2 ( etc.

Also, this has been tested with Local files, Mapped drives, but not smb links. so any issue, please post them up.

I would also like to remind users, that posting bugs onto Codeplex would be appreciated, making it easier to close off a bug when fixed.

Enjoy, I hope it works for all Media Companion users as it has for me so far.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - McButton - 2013-09-22

Amazing. Just switched from Ember because it's unstable and only scans some things sometimes.

MC is ultra fast and works great. My only request would be to lock custom content. I have a few custom .NFO files that I'd like to keep. The only custom part is the name of the title. I use Boxee as well as XBMC, and Boxee needs 1,2,3,4 listed with my movies to signify sets. If I load a file into MC, it wipes it for the default name.

Any way to stop this from happening?

Thanks a ton!

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - vbat99 - 2013-09-22

(2013-09-22, 07:25)McButton Wrote: Amazing. Just switched from Ember because it's unstable and only scans some things sometimes.

MC is ultra fast and works great. My only request would be to lock custom content. I have a few custom .NFO files that I'd like to keep. The only custom part is the name of the title. I use Boxee as well as XBMC, and Boxee needs 1,2,3,4 listed with my movies to signify sets. If I load a file into MC, it wipes it for the default name.

Any way to stop this from happening?

Thanks a ton!

Not sure if this is possible, but can I as you to sign in to mediacompanion site, and raise an issue, posting a sample nfo or two.

From the sounds of it, your looking to lock certain fields in an nfo, and that may not be possible. Instead, there might be a way we can incorporate code for Boxee. Can't guarantee anything, but worth a look.

Anyway, glad you've found Media Companion useful. I hope to have a new release up soon, with BD folder support, as well as enhanced renaming functions.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta Release with Frodo support - TH3 M0L3 - 2013-09-22

(2012-04-18, 08:40)guyonphone Wrote: I know this is a long shot, but is there any possible way you may think about adding a music section to media companion, that would scrape band pics, and album art from last.fm or all music?

My opinion of this is that MC is an awesome program which handles Movie and TV scraping excellently. Yes there are a few minor bugs, but these always get resolved. I think it's important to let the devs of MC do what they do best and that's to concentrate on what they're already doing.

There are many other programs / freeware which are perfectly capable of tagging music correctly.
I for one will probably not use the music functionality if / when it gets introduced to MC purely because I'm comfortable with what I already use.

1. Music brains Picard - To identify and tag
2. Mp3Tag - To sort tags and artwork

Have a look at this thread for what I did.

Keep it up guys. MC is awesome!