Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta with BluRay Folder Support - Isomil - 2013-10-15

Best scraper I have used by far, two questions:

Is there a way to have MC autoscrape natively in the app, or do I have to batch script it in using mc_com?

I have my torrents auto dearchiving to \movies\ and \tv shows\. When movies are in the root the application creates a folder, drops it, and then scrapes. Is there a setting for this also to be done with TV Shows where it processing the filename information, moves/creates a folder for the show and season, and then scrapes? Currently if a tv show is in the root it ignores it.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta with BluRay Folder Support - vbat99 - 2013-10-15

(2013-10-15, 22:30)Isomil Wrote: Best scraper I have used by far, two questions:

Is there a way to have MC autoscrape natively in the app, or do I have to batch script it in using mc_com?

I have my torrents auto dearchiving to \movies\ and \tv shows\. When movies are in the root the application creates a folder, drops it, and then scrapes. Is there a setting for this also to be done with TV Shows where it processing the filename information, moves/creates a folder for the show and season, and then scrapes? Currently if a tv show is in the root it ignores it.

Gidday Isomil

We do not have the facility to monitor a folder or to set a auto-scrape in MC, running mc_com.exe in a Batch file, called by your torrent or in Scheduler, is the only option.

Regarding processing of TV Shows like your movies, sorry no. There's too much chance of getting episodes wrong or show title wrong also.
But, have a look at Sickbeard for torrent. This is a mean manager for TV Shows, and you can set up a post processing job to call the mc_com batch file.

I no longer do torrents for Tv Shows, but usenet, and use Sickbeard to handle moving of episodes into the correct folders.

Hope this is of help.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta with BluRay Folder Support - vbat99 - 2013-10-18

New Release - MC 3.582b

More Issues fixed and some new features.

Download Here

Revision History

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta with BluRay Folder Support - vbat99 - 2013-10-18

New Release - MC 3.583b

Fix for Movie Poster sources empty

Download Here

Revision History

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta with BluRay Folder Support - TH3 M0L3 - 2013-10-20

(2013-10-18, 08:09)vbat99 Wrote: New Release - MC 3.583b

Fix for Movie Poster sources empty

Download Here

Revision History

I think IMDB have changed layout again. In this and previous version the outline and plot are scraped identical.

**edit: issue was noticed in movies

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta with BluRay Folder Support - vbat99 - 2013-10-20

(2013-10-20, 11:41)TH3 M0L3 Wrote: I think IMDB have changed layout again. In this and previous version the outline and plot are scraped identical.

**edit: issue was noticed in movies

Also just noticed no posters available from IMDB. Will look into this. Thanks.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta with BluRay Folder Support - Acrobat76 - 2013-10-21

Movie sets:

Maybe I`m missing something obvious, but how can I disable movie sets? When I scrape/rename MC automatically puts movies belonging to a set in a subfolder within the set. I am not interested in sets, how can I force MC to ignore sets and scrape/rename each movie old school style (i.e. a movie within a folder within the "Movies" parent directory)?

i.e. MC creates: Z:\Movie directory\USA - Land of Opportunities Collection\Manderlay (2005)\Manderlay (2005).nfo
and I want: Z:\Videos\Movies\Manderlay (2005)\Manderlay (2005).nfo

Thanks Wink

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta with BluRay Folder Support - vbat99 - 2013-10-21

(2013-10-21, 16:44)Acrobat76 Wrote: Movie sets:

Maybe I`m missing something obvious, but how can I disable movie sets? When I scrape/rename MC automatically puts movies belonging to a set in a subfolder within the set. I am not interested in sets, how can I force MC to ignore sets and scrape/rename each movie old school style (i.e. a movie within a folder within the "Movies" parent directory)?

i.e. MC creates: Z:\Movie directory\USA - Land of Opportunities Collection\Manderlay (2005)\Manderlay (2005).nfo

Thanks Wink

Is you don't want to scrape sets automatically, unselect "TMDB - Where available scrape set names" in Movie Preferences > Scraper tab (bottom left)

If you don't want to create a movie set folder, change the folder naming convention from "%N\%T (%Y)", to "%T (%Y).

Any movie already in a movie set folder, will have to be manually moved out, MC won't do that automatically. MC will only move a Movie from the Root folder into a Movie Folder.

Cheers.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta with BluRay Folder Support - Acrobat76 - 2013-10-21

(2013-10-21, 18:50)vbat99 Wrote:
(2013-10-21, 16:44)Acrobat76 Wrote: Movie sets:

Thanks Wink

Is you don't want to scrape sets automatically, unselect "TMDB - Where available scrape set names" in Movie Preferences > Scraper tab (bottom left)

If you don't want to create a movie set folder, change the folder naming convention from "%N\%T (%Y)", to "%T (%Y).

Any movie already in a movie set folder, will have to be manually moved out, MC won't do that automatically. MC will only move a Movie from the Root folder into a Movie Folder.

Cheers.

Got it. Thanks Smile

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta with BluRay Folder Support - vbat99 - 2013-10-22

Media Companion 3.584b Released

IMDB poster scraping fixed + other fixes

Download here

Revision History here

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta with BluRay Folder Support - TH3 M0L3 - 2013-10-25

(2013-10-22, 09:27)vbat99 Wrote: Media Companion 3.584b Released

IMDB poster scraping fixed + other fixes

Download here

Revision History here

The Plot / Outline is still scraping the same as each other

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta with BluRay Folder Support - vbat99 - 2013-10-25

(2013-10-25, 17:45)TH3 M0L3 Wrote: The Plot / Outline is still scraping the same as each other

Damn it. IMDB changes things again! Will look into this again. Thanks for the head's up.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta with BluRay Folder Support - vbat99 - 2013-10-25

Media Companion 3.585b Released

IMDB Plot Scraping & other fixes

Download here

Revision History here

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta with BluRay Folder Support - angusc - 2013-11-06

I just discovered Media |Companion and i love it....but i got a problem with split movies that i did not have before. now if i scan a folder with 'Blahblah CD1' and 'Blahblah CD2' both in the same folder i end up with movie art and info for both files and thus a double entry in MC and XBMC.

I currently have MC set up to rename folder and files with setting: %T (%Y) %V %A and i notice that when it has run that the CD1 file has been changed to 'moviename.avi' but CD2 file has been changed to 'moviename.avi (CD2)'. Now when playing part 1 the movie just stops at the end of the file and does not start playing part 2.........

Finally i now have a folder called ".actors" in each movie folder, why is that there and is it needed as it shows up in XBMC as another folder and does not seem to contain viewable files......?

EDIT: I used the movie/batch function and can select in "other" to rename folders but the "rename files" tick box can not be selected. So I have been able to rename all my folders with my preferred format but movie files are still as first entered in to the folders before the folders were renamed. Is there any way to rename the files option?

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta with BluRay Folder Support - vbat99 - 2013-11-08

(2013-11-06, 09:24)angusc Wrote: I just discovered Media |Companion and i love it....but i got a problem with split movies that i did not have before. now if i scan a folder with 'Blahblah CD1' and 'Blahblah CD2' both in the same folder i end up with movie art and info for both files and thus a double entry in MC and XBMC.

I currently have MC set up to rename folder and files with setting: %T (%Y) %V %A and i notice that when it has run that the CD1 file has been changed to 'moviename.avi' but CD2 file has been changed to 'moviename.avi (CD2)'. Now when playing part 1 the movie just stops at the end of the file and does not start playing part 2.........

Finally i now have a folder called ".actors" in each movie folder, why is that there and is it needed as it shows up in XBMC as another folder and does not seem to contain viewable files......?

EDIT: I used the movie/batch function and can select in "other" to rename folders but the "rename files" tick box can not be selected. So I have been able to rename all my folders with my preferred format but movie files are still as first entered in to the folders before the folders were renamed. Is there any way to rename the files option?

Sorry for late reply, will look into multi-part movies in folders.

As for the ".actors" folder, the images in these folders are scanned into XBMC when in library mode. If you are seeing this folder, then you are in file-mode, no different that using Explorer.

Not sure why in batch wizard rename files can't be selected.