Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

Sv: RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta with BluRay Folder Support - KRKA01 - 2013-11-13

(2013-11-12, 23:52)vbat99 Wrote:
(2013-11-12, 16:59)KRKA01 Wrote: Thanks for the reply. I did an clean install of the latest version of Media Companion 3.587b and changed the movie preference i prefer. I created an dummy file called R.I.P.D.iso in an folder called R.I.P.D and did a test for the same movie as you. To my surprise i still got scraper error for Votes.

This make my suspect that some setting in the Movie Preference i made is causing this. I called a friend who also use Media Companion with a similar settings like i have and he confirmed that he also gets scraper error for Votes. If i have the Preferred Language set to Swedish i will get scraper error and if i set it to English - US i get the correct Votes.

Found the issue and fixed, will be in the next release.

Thanks for the quick response and fix.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta with BluRay Folder Support - vbat99 - 2013-11-18

Media Companion 3.588b Released

Download here

Revision History here

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta with BluRay Folder Support - maddog808 - 2013-11-18

Media Companion 3.588b keeps crashing while scraping on my Windows 7 PC. Any ideas? Here is the Windows error message:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: media companion.exe
Problem Signature 02: 3.5.8.8
Problem Signature 03: 52897917
Problem Signature 04: Media Companion
Problem Signature 05: 3.5.8.8
Problem Signature 06: 52897917
Problem Signature 07: 50c
Problem Signature 08: e
Problem Signature 09: System.NullReferenceException
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

I have 700+ movies. All movies are in their individual folders with IMDB names and (year). I have Media Companion set to scrape using folder name, with XBMC scrapers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. This app is AWESOME, BTW!!

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta with BluRay Folder Support - maddog808 - 2013-11-18

OK. So I switched the scraper to the MC built in scraper because the XBMC scraper kept crashing MC. It finished scraping, but almost half of my movies were incorrectly scraped as "Vertigo (1958)". It is real random, too. I can't figure out why these specific movies scraped wrong. If I click "change movie", I'm able to manually fix each movie. This will take quite a while, though, as there are over 300 with this same problem.

Is there any way to automatically fix this, now that the .nfo file and all the fanart, etc is for "Vertigo" for all these movies?

Here is a quick screenshot of what I'm talking about:

Please let me know if I can provide any more info to help troubleshoot this.

Thanks,
Matt

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta with BluRay Folder Support - angusc - 2013-11-18

Hi @vbat99

Please could you tell me how to update the installation of MC over the previous version? As the installation.exe always creates a new folder with the latest version number in the directory name. I would like to be able to update and maintain my settings and previous cache contents of my movie directories. Is this possible.... Could you include a settings backup export and import feature that would allow clean installation and then import old settings and scraped history to save having to re-scrape all the folders?

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta with BluRay Folder Support - HueyHq - 2013-11-18

(2013-11-18, 18:04)angusc Wrote: Hi @vbat99

Please could you tell me how to update the installation of MC over the previous version? As the installation.exe always creates a new folder with the latest version number in the directory name. I would like to be able to update and maintain my settings and previous cache contents of my movie directories. Is this possible.... Could you include a settings backup export and import feature that would allow clean installation and then import old settings and scraped history to save having to re-scrape all the folders?
Hi Angus,

I've been out of the loop for a while, so I'm not 100% sure about the new installation package, but I'm reasonably sure you can copy the old settings folder and replace the new settings folder. The caches are read from the *cache.xml files and the settings, including the folders, are in config.xml - MC should pick those up without a problem. However, I am writing this from memory, and I don't have my MC dev files available to me, so there is a chance I may be wrong, but it won't hurt for you to give it a go.

I can see where you're coming from about importing settings. If we now have an installation package, it should be modified to ask if you would like to import previous settings.

It seems like vbat99 is flying solo on MC dev at the moment (hat's off to you, my friend!) so unless we have someone come on-board who would like to implement this for us, it may be something we have to wait for!

Cheers,
Huey

(2013-11-18, 09:10)maddog808 Wrote: Please let me know if I can provide any more info to help troubleshoot this.

Thanks,
Matt
Hey Matt, I may have a chance to look at this for you. I need to reinstall my dev setup, but in the meantime, if you could PM me a directory listing of your movie collection, I'll look into it at my first opportunity. (If you're unsure how to do that, let me know.)
Cheers, Huey

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta with BluRay Folder Support - angusc - 2013-11-18

Thanx for the reply, yes vbat99 is doing a great job! I see that it might be possible to copy the cache file as well as the settings folder over to the new installation, but with the new features being implemented the settings folder may corrupt some of these......

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta with BluRay Folder Support - HueyHq - 2013-11-18

(2013-11-18, 21:08)angusc Wrote: Thanx for the reply, yes vbat99 is doing a great job! I see that it might be possible to copy the cache file as well as the settings folder over to the new installation, but with the new features being implemented the settings folder may corrupt some of these......
Yeah, I guess there is always that chance.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta with BluRay Folder Support - vbat99 - 2013-11-19

(2013-11-18, 06:53)maddog808 Wrote: Media Companion 3.588b keeps crashing while scraping on my Windows 7 PC. Any ideas? Here is the Windows error message:

Problem signature:

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:

I have 700+ movies. All movies are in their individual folders with IMDB names and (year). I have Media Companion set to scrape using folder name, with XBMC scrapers.

So from your second message below, the crash was occurring when you were using XBMC TMDB scraper?
(2013-11-18, 09:10)maddog808 Wrote: OK. So I switched the scraper to the MC built in scraper because the XBMC scraper kept crashing MC. It finished scraping, but almost half of my movies were incorrectly scraped as "Vertigo (1958)". It is real random, too. I can't figure out why these specific movies scraped wrong. If I click "change movie", I'm able to manually fix each movie. This will take quite a while, though, as there are over 300 with this same problem.

Is there any way to automatically fix this, now that the .nfo file and all the fanart, etc is for "Vertigo" for all these movies?

Thanks,
Matt
Can only suggest to delete the faulty nfo's and Search New again. I thought I'd caught the issue of IMDB giving us a default movie, but maybe they've changed their site again. Will have a look.

Also, how many movies were you scraping when this occurred?

(2013-11-18, 21:27)HueyHq Wrote:
(2013-11-18, 21:08)angusc Wrote: Thanx for the reply, yes vbat99 is doing a great job! I see that it might be possible to copy the cache file as well as the settings folder over to the new installation, but with the new features being implemented the settings folder may corrupt some of these......
Yeah, I guess there is always that chance.

Gidday angusc & HueyHQ

I have tried to make Media Companion some-what portable, but there are a few area's of code that need to be improved to do with newly introduced values to the config.xml file.

I suggest the following:
Extract Media Companion to the new folder (like it does), and then copy over your settings folder. This way, if the new MC tries to go sideways (Glitches), you still have your earlier version of MC.
Now, Start the new Media Companion, and then close it down again. This will allow new entries in the config.xml to be saved.
Start Media Companion again, and check all is well. If so, then you could Copy Media Companion out of the new folder, and paste it into your other folder, overwriting all files.
I run MC in a 'Current' folder, so I extract the new version into it's 'Media Companion 3.588b' folder (for example), then I select all, Copy, then select the 'Current' folder, and Paste - Overwrite all.

And Updated.

(You might note I didn't run MC first, that's cause if things when wrong, I'd just delete the Settings folder in the 'Current' folder, and start the new Media Companion and set up my preferences again)

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta with BluRay Folder Support - maddog808 - 2013-11-20

Thank you guys so much for taking the time to help a Media Companion newbie!! See my responses to your questions below in large, red font.

(2013-11-18, 20:31)HueyHq Wrote:
(2013-11-18, 09:10)maddog808 Wrote: Please let me know if I can provide any more info to help troubleshoot this.

Thanks,
Matt
Hey Matt, I may have a chance to look at this for you. I need to reinstall my dev setup, but in the meantime, if you could PM me a directory listing of your movie collection, I'll look into it at my first opportunity. (If you're unsure how to do that, let me know.)
Cheers, Huey

Hi Huey,

Thanks for offering. PM sent. You'll notice by looking at the actor lists that Media Companion now thinks that most of my movies are either "American Beauty", or "Vertigo". I tried deleting all of the .nfo, .jpg, .tbn, etc, and starting over. i get the same results, but the movie will vary. (The movie that Media Companion decides to think that a bunch of my movies are). It's almost like it gets stuck or something, and just keeps grabbing info for the same movie over and over. What doesn't make sense is that "Vertigo" isn't even in my collection to begin with.

This is the first time I've tried putting all this data with the movie folders on my Unraid server. I have always just pointed XBMC at my Unraid movie share, and XBMC would scrape for everything and store the data locally on each client. I thought it would be easier to have the metadata on the Unraid share, but now I'm re-thinking that theory.

Keep in mind, before I started scraping with Media Companion, my movie directory structure was just a "movies" folder, then a folder for each movie that would be named the IMDB movie title, with (year) after it. Inside each movie folder was either a single .mkv, .avi, or the occasional .iso, or VIDEO_TS subfolder.

All of the subfolders and files you see in my directory list now were created by Media Companion.

Let me know if you have any more questions. I'm not the type of person to give up on software. I'll keep trying till I figure out what is causing this.

Thanks again!! Big Grin
Matt

(2013-11-19, 19:56)vbat99 Wrote:
(2013-11-18, 06:53)maddog808 Wrote: Media Companion 3.588b keeps crashing while scraping on my Windows 7 PC. Any ideas? Here is the Windows error message:

Problem signature:

So from your second message below, the crash was occurring when you were using XBMC TMDB scraper?

Yes, Media Companion would crash when trying to scrape using XBMC TMDB scraper. This is correct.

Then I deleted all the .nfo, .jpg, .tbn, etc files and extrafanart and extrathumbs folders. Then I started over, using the Media Companion built in scraper. That's when Media Companion decided i had 300+ copies of the movie "Vertigo" (which I don't have at all in my colleciton).

Then I started over again, and Media Companion decided i have 200+ copies of "American Beauty".

(2013-11-18, 09:10)maddog808 Wrote: OK. So I switched the scraper to the MC built in scraper because the XBMC scraper kept crashing MC. It finished scraping, but almost half of my movies were incorrectly scraped as "Vertigo (1958)". It is real random, too. I can't figure out why these specific movies scraped wrong. If I click "change movie", I'm able to manually fix each movie. This will take quite a while, though, as there are over 300 with this same problem.

Thanks,
Matt
Can only suggest to delete the faulty nfo's and Search New again. I thought I'd caught the issue of IMDB giving us a default movie, but maybe they've changed their site again. Will have a look.

I'll try that again, and report back with my results. Thank you.

Also, how many movies were you scraping when this occurred?

I was scraping 758 movies.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta with BluRay Folder Support - PV_XBMC - 2013-11-20

Please, is possible manually edit actor's name and role in Media Companion? I could only view these items, but cannot edit.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta with BluRay Folder Support - HueyHq - 2013-11-20

(2013-11-20, 20:35)PV_XBMC Wrote: Please, is possible manually edit actor's name and role in Media Companion? I could only view these items, but cannot edit.
Not thru the UI, but you can tweak the .nfo file manually. Changing the role shouldn't be an issue, but changing the actor's name will require the actor thumb to be updated, and then every NFO where that actor features.
I guess the assumption has always been that the actor info is what it is; nobody has ever asked to change it AFAIK. Ideally, if that information is wrong, it should be changed at the source, i.e. IMDb, TMDb.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta with BluRay Folder Support - PV_XBMC - 2013-11-20

Thank you very much for your quick answer.

I need it, because there are not correct Czech national characters in IMDb. I have tried change it in IMDb now, but these UTF-8 characters are forbidden...

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta with BluRay Folder Support - maddog808 - 2013-11-21

Well. I deleted all the .nfos, and started over last night. The scrape was finished when I got home just now, and I have the same results as before. Except this time, the 2 dominant movies are "Citizen Kane" and "Django Unchained". Out of about 750 movies, MC labeled about 400 as Citizen Kane, and 250 were labeled Django Unchained. The rest seem to either be correct, or unidentified. It seems that every time I start over, the results get worse.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta with BluRay Folder Support - HueyHq - 2013-11-21

(2013-11-21, 02:05)maddog808 Wrote: Well. I deleted ll the .nfos, and started over last night. The scrape was finished when I got home just now, and I have the same results as before. Except this time, the 2 dominant movies are "Citizen Kane" and "Django Unchained". Out of about 750 movies, MC labeled about 400 as Citizen Kane, and 250 were labeled Django unchained. The rest seem to either be correct, or unidentified. It seems that every time I start over, the results get worse.
Hi Matt, check your PMs. Huey.