Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta with BluRay Folder Support - vbat99 - 2013-12-01

(2013-12-01, 22:10)juggy Wrote: Thank you. I still can't add to your reputation Smile

1. XBMC does handle split locations of a Tv Show properly without duplicating the TV show. I have no idea how it's done but it is in their manual as well. Thanks for the suggestion.

2. I will play around with the Batch Rescraper. Is there an option to choose HD trailers?

3. Just to report something...the program gives an error/crashes from time to time and needs to be restarted when using the movie search field. I am trying to analyze what kind of searches trigger it but no luck so far. It just seems random to me for now because when I restart the program and do the exact same search it works. Never had double crash for now.

Interesting about the crash. If it occurrs again, can you sign into Codeplex site and create an issue with a copy of the crash message.

For the HD trailers, setting is in Movie Preferences > General Tab, where you select to download trailer.

Now, I've noticed a Bug in this area, where the drop-list to select different resolution trailers, does not become available some times. A close MC and restart re-enables it. I'll get that fixed before the next release.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta with BluRay Folder Support - vbat99 - 2013-12-02

(2013-11-30, 20:34)artistwantab Wrote: Ok...

I add movies to the a folder
Then in (Movie Preferences) I have the following.

Folder Rename

%N\%T (%Y) (%V)

Movie Rename

%T (%Y) (%V)

When I hit Search for new movies it defualts too...

%N\%T (%Y)
%T (%Y)

I have hit apply and then it works but when I add new movies again and the settings are gone.

I have tried to figure out what series of steps causes it but can only conclude that it happens when NEW movies are added via search. I hope this helps.

I have checked this out, can can not reproduce. Setting as %T (%Y) (%V), applying settings, then searching and scraping new movies, checked preferences, and still set %T (%Y) (%V).

You might need to run MC from Fresh. To Do this, delete you cache folder, and settings folder. Run MC and set up your preferences, then attempt again.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta with BluRay Folder Support - vbat99 - 2013-12-13

Media Companion 3.590b Released

Download here

Revision History here

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta with BluRay Folder Support - bobrap - 2013-12-13

Here's something for you to check, please. I have a list of offline movie folders on "D Drive". When I scrape using (%N\%T (%Y)) and have rename folders selected, mc creates new folders for sets in the root directory of "C Drive". Those new sets folders (located on C Drive) are now removed/not shown in MC. Thanks! Smile

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta with BluRay Folder Support - vbat99 - 2013-12-13

(2013-12-13, 18:42)bobrap Wrote: Here's something for you to check, please. I have a list of offline movie folders on "D Drive". When I scrape using (%N\%T (%Y)) and have rename folders selected, mc creates new folders for sets in the root directory of "C Drive". Those new sets folders (located on C Drive) are now removed/not shown in MC. Thanks! Smile

Renaming of offline movies is on the To Do list. Actually, spotted only 'Offline - Change movie" on To Do List.

Will look into this.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta with BluRay Folder Support - bobrap - 2013-12-14

(2013-12-13, 19:46)vbat99 Wrote:
(2013-12-13, 18:42)bobrap Wrote: Here's something for you to check, please. I have a list of offline movie folders on "D Drive". When I scrape using (%N\%T (%Y)) and have rename folders selected, mc creates new folders for sets in the root directory of "C Drive". Those new sets folders (located on C Drive) are now removed/not shown in MC. Thanks! Smile

Renaming of offline movies is on the To Do list. Actually, spotted only 'Offline - Change movie" on To Do List.

Will look into this.

Thanks!

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta with BluRay Folder Support - vbat99 - 2013-12-15

Media Companion 3.591b Released
Fixed TvCache speedup issue I inadvertently introduced.

Note: If overwriting an existing version of Media Companion, first load time of TvCache will be longer as it populates the new field in TvCache, then you should see the speed improvement on next Start of Media Companion.

I Recommend starting this release, do a Tv Refresh All, close again so the TvCache is written out. Then Start Media Companion and use as normal.

Download here

Revision History here

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta with BluRay Folder Support - johnnie.it - 2013-12-16

Hi. This seems quite nice, but I've got one question (please don't hate me because I didn't want to read a 123-pages thread Smile ): Is it possible to have it work without creating .nfo files e.g. integrating directly with the XBMC database?
I never used any media organizer because I hate having junk in my movies folders.

Thanks

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta with BluRay Folder Support - vbat99 - 2013-12-16

(2013-12-16, 13:38)johnnie.it Wrote: Hi. This seems quite nice, but I've got one question (please don't hate me because I didn't want to read a 123-pages thread Smile ): Is it possible to have it work without creating .nfo files e.g. integrating directly with the XBMC database?
I never used any media organizer because I hate having junk in my movies folders.

Thanks

Short answer is no. Idea behind Media Companion is to be able to create the nfo, download the artwork etc, and check it is how you like, before XBMC scrapes the local files. While MC can push the info directly to XBMC database, the local files are required.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta with BluRay Folder Support - artistwantab - 2013-12-19

Thats too bad.

I downloaded the latest version and still an issue.

Is there a way I can assist?

(2013-12-02, 04:01)vbat99 Wrote:
(2013-11-30, 20:34)artistwantab Wrote: Ok...

I add movies to the a folder
Then in (Movie Preferences) I have the following.

Folder Rename

%N\%T (%Y) (%V)

Movie Rename

%T (%Y) (%V)

When I hit Search for new movies it defualts too...

%N\%T (%Y)
%T (%Y)

I have hit apply and then it works but when I add new movies again and the settings are gone.

I have tried to figure out what series of steps causes it but can only conclude that it happens when NEW movies are added via search. I hope this helps.

I have checked this out, can can not reproduce. Setting as %T (%Y) (%V), applying settings, then searching and scraping new movies, checked preferences, and still set %T (%Y) (%V).

You might need to run MC from Fresh. To Do this, delete you cache folder, and settings folder. Run MC and set up your preferences, then attempt again.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta with BluRay Folder Support - vbat99 - 2013-12-19

(2013-12-19, 01:37)artistwantab Wrote: Thats too bad.

Might be easier to log into codeplex and create a new issue. Then we're able to get you to upload your config.xml file. Follow this link.

BTW, what the location of Media Companion? It is almost like it's in a protected location, and having difficulty saving the config so it doesn't keep the changes.

It's been quiet on the MC coding front the last couple of weeks, with leading into Christmas there hasn't been much free time. Still, have time off over christmas and hope to get some bugs squashed, and add a feature or two....

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta with BluRay Folder Support - artistwantab - 2013-12-19

Will do.

(2013-12-19, 02:06)vbat99 Wrote:
(2013-12-19, 01:37)artistwantab Wrote: Thats too bad.

Might be easier to log into codeplex and create a new issue. Then we're able to get you to upload your config.xml file. Follow this link.

BTW, what the location of Media Companion? It is almost like it's in a protected location, and having difficulty saving the config so it doesn't keep the changes.

It's been quiet on the MC coding front the last couple of weeks, with leading into Christmas there hasn't been much free time. Still, have time off over christmas and hope to get some bugs squashed, and add a feature or two....

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta with BluRay Folder Support - vbat99 - 2013-12-24

Media Companion 3.592b Released

Note: To fix an underlying issue with tvshow.nfo's, please run Tv Batch Wizard and select rewrite nfo. This will correct an issue with <episodeguide> tag.

Also, during a Refresh-All, if episodes under a TvShow that do NOT have a TVDbID, will be re-saved to correctly apply the show's ID.

Download here

Revision History here

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta with BluRay Folder Support - scarecrow420 - 2013-12-29

Hey so I was trying this software out on my video files which are a real mess (some in folders, some loose, XBMC cant scrape some of them etc) and the strange thing is that it thinks more than 30 of them are "V for Vendetta". If i do the "Change Movie" command, the displayed IMDB search results are good, and the first link is the correct movie. What gives? Does it default to this movie for some strange reason?

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta with BluRay Folder Support - vbat99 - 2013-12-29

(2013-12-29, 13:48)scarecrow420 Wrote: Hey so I was trying this software out on my video files which are a real mess (some in folders, some loose, XBMC cant scrape some of them etc) and the strange thing is that it thinks more than 30 of them are "V for Vendetta". If i do the "Change Movie" command, the displayed IMDB search results are good, and the first link is the correct movie. What gives? Does it default to this movie for some strange reason?

This issue is due to the volume of scraped movies in one hit. IMDB has a limit before it thinks it's being attacked by a bot attack. (Probably why XBMC uses TheMovieDB).
Two options, either switch to XBMC TMDB scraper (though you have to be sure of the filename as TMDB needs more precise naming to be accurate), or do batches of a hunded at a time.