Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta with BluRay Folder Support - Acrobat76 - 2014-01-05

I`m sorry if this has been covered but I cant seem to find an answer.

My problem is that xbmc downloads trailers instead of using the ones I downloaded through MC. I guess its a problem relating to settings when I scrape my movies folder into xbmc. Any ideas of what I can do to make xbmc choose the local trailers first?

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta with BluRay Folder Support - vbat99 - 2014-01-06

Media Companion 3.593b Released

Download here

Revision History here

No poster.jpg showing - Rastan - 2014-01-07

Hi all,

I wonder if someone can cast any light on my problem. I have just changed the naming convention of my movie artwork from:

Movie-name-fanart ----> fanart.jpg
Movie-name-poster ---> poster.jpg

A lot of my files were .tbn files, so I used software called bulk renamer utility to convert them all to poster.jpg files. I have a large library and ended up free loads of space from redundant files. All went well. I then cleaned out my movie database on XBMC and rescanned my movie library. But a lot of my movies are coming up with generated artwork instead of posters. I have checked my folders and everything seems to be in order.
I have tried refreshing individual movies, I have deleted the contents of AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\Thumbnails folder, with Textures13.db to force XBMC to rescan the art, but the same thing happens.

I have realised that I have accidentally renamed the posters to Poster.jpg instead of the lowecase poster.jpg. I changed to lowercasing on one movie to test, but same results.

Is there something in the .nfo that I am supposed to change?
For some individual well known movies I can simply rescrape in media companion and it sorts everything out. But I have some movies that are not in any scraper so I had to add the artwork manually from sources such as google.

Here is some screenshots to explain more..

XBMC

Media Companion

Folder Structure

Shaolin Master Killer.nfo

I am using XBMC 12.3
Skin: Aeon Nox (same thing happens with Confluence)

I dont understand why XBMC is ignoring the poster.jpg files Sad

I hope someone can help as there are too many files to do individually.

*Edit*

Apologies, it seems it was my error. It turns out it is case sensitive. Poster.jpg is NOT poster.jpg to XBMC. Although I did try before it was not updating to show me the poster immediately. I used the Bulk Rename Utility to change all my files to poster.jpg.

If on windows you can easily find all the files you want to rename with the windows search then drag them to the Bulk Rename Utility. I'll leave this post just in case it helps someone else who runs into the problem I had. Wink

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta with BluRay Folder Support - ztrust - 2014-01-08

hey guys and girls
just found this yesterday and it looks good but i cant seem to get dvd order to work.
i enabled xbmc tvdb scraper because xbmc does dvd order like no other but no matter wich setting i use i only get aired order
I am using firefly as a test since thats that easiest to fix has this worked ? and what am i doing wrong ?
hope you guys can help
ztrust

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta with BluRay Folder Support - vbat99 - 2014-01-08

(2014-01-08, 17:25)ztrust Wrote: hey guys and girls
just found this yesterday and it looks good but i cant seem to get dvd order to work.
i enabled xbmc tvdb scraper because xbmc does dvd order like no other but no matter wich setting i use i only get aired order
I am using firefly as a test since thats that easiest to fix has this worked ? and what am i doing wrong ?
hope you guys can help
ztrust

Will have a look at this and see what's going on. Be back a bit later.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta with BluRay Folder Support - vbat99 - 2014-01-09

(2014-01-08, 18:52)vbat99 Wrote:
(2014-01-08, 17:25)ztrust Wrote: hey guys and girls
hope you guys can help
ztrust

Will have a look at this and see what's going on. Be back a bit later.

Just tested Firefly with DVD as sort order, and episode scraped in DVD order.

How to:

1. Delete all episode nfo's and artwork.
2. in MC, set Firefly to DVD Sort order, and click the Save icon.
3. in MC press 'F5' to refresh, then 'F3' to Search for new.
Firefly episodes will now be scraped in DVD order, renaming the episodes to match the DVD order.

Cheers

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta with BluRay Folder Support - ztrust - 2014-01-09

@vbat99

Thank you that did it AWESOME Wink
My Mistake was I dident hit save and I rescraped the show instead of episodes.

I have a few Questions I hope you have the time to answer.

1) when i scape in a show no episodes is listed before i scan for new episode ? is this the intended way ?

2) when i scrape for new episode each episode have a little pencil next to em that disapears when i click on the episode what is this ?

3) witch scraper to use xbmc or mc is there a difference?

4)is there a way to delete "metadata" from within the program or do i have to do it manually?

Sorry about this have been through the wikki but it is still somewhat incomplete

I think that was all Wink
Soon I will do my 1200 movies and 90 tvshows AGAIN

Ztrust

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta with BluRay Folder Support - vbat99 - 2014-01-09

(2014-01-09, 08:39)ztrust Wrote: @vbat99

Thank you that did it AWESOME Wink
My Mistake was I dident hit save and I rescraped the show instead of episodes.

I have a few Questions I hope you have the time to answer.

1) when i scape in a show no episodes is listed before i scan for new episode ? is this the intended way ?

2) when i scrape for new episode each episode have a little pencil next to em that disapears when i click on the episode what is this ?

3) witch scraper to use xbmc or mc is there a difference?

4)is there a way to delete "metadata" from within the program or do i have to do it manually?

Sorry about this have been through the wikki but it is still somewhat incomplete

I think that was all Wink
Soon I will do my 1200 movies and 90 tvshows AGAIN

Ztrust

Glad I was able to help. Had to try it myself to figure it out. (don't use DVD order, and wish I had of when I had Firefly. LOL)

As for your questions, I'll try and answer.
1. Yes, adding a show, doesn't add the episode (unless the episodes already nfo's). This is to allow the user to confirm the correct show is scraped. I'd imagine plenty of peeved people if the show was scraped incorrectly and all the episodes were scraped for the wrong show.

2. The pencil means that while the data is present, it hasn't been written to the cache yet. Something on my To Do list to get rid of.

3. Use MC's TVDb scraper. The addition of XBMC TVDB was to allow advanced users to modify the scraper (more for those heavy into anime shows ). MC's TVDB scraper is maintained all the time, and scrapes the same data as the XBMC scraper, but quicker.

4. Er' what meta-data do you want to delete? some of the fields? or the nfo?

Hope that goes somewhat towards filling the answers. As for the Wikki, yes, it is behind the development curve. Needs some TLC.

Cheers.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta with BluRay Folder Support - ztrust - 2014-01-09

dammn your fast Wink

I follow your logic regarding tvshows makes sence.
the reason I say metadata is I am coming from MediacenterMaster wich saves xml and nfo, but i havent found and option in Media Companion to delete the nfo.
secondly when I delete the nfo to scrape fresh it seems to still use the cashed info and i cant find a way to delete the cashe for the movie if you understand what i mean?
I have it set up to download actor thumbs do another internal drive where i store all xbmc related stuff and they do show up in xbmc but in Media Companion there are no actor thumbs ?

But all this is just me that have to learn the Program But one thing media info for xvid is missing in xbmc ? i see in the log for the files that are missing the info it says HD tag ok ?

ok i have started sraping all my movies

and i get this error on all scrapes and it deletes my local poster and fanart

Rescraping all data for:

Scraping Title: A Beautiful Mind
Movie Body Scraped OK
HD Tags Added OK
Actors scraped OK
Actor images not set to download
Error - Running action [Get trailer URL] threw [TMDb is unavailable!]

Finished

(2014-01-09, 11:00)ztrust Wrote: dammn your fast Wink

I follow your logic regarding tvshows makes sence.
the reason I say metadata is I am coming from MediacenterMaster wich saves xml and nfo, but i havent found and option in Media Companion to delete the nfo.
secondly when I delete the nfo to scrape fresh it seems to still use the cashed info and i cant find a way to delete the cashe for the movie if you understand what i mean?
I have it set up to download actor thumbs do another internal drive where i store all xbmc related stuff and they do show up in xbmc but in Media Companion there are no actor thumbs ?

But all this is just me that have to learn the Program But one thing media info for xvid is missing in xbmc ? i see in the log for the files that are missing the info it says HD tag ok ?

ok i have started sraping all my movies

and i get this error on all scrapes and it deletes my local poster and fanart

Rescraping all data for:

Scraping Title: A Beautiful Mind
Movie Body Scraped OK
HD Tags Added OK
Actors scraped OK
Actor images not set to download
Error - Running action [Get trailer URL] threw [TMDb is unavailable!]

Finished

I suppose that is one option missing from Media companion, to delete a movie's nfo. I believe it was decided not to have this option available in case a user accidentally removed the nfo, but I could add it, with an annoying "Are you sure?" message...

MC (Media Companion) only creates an nfo file, not a xml file, even though the nfo is in xml format. Confused? But then MC is only catering for XBMC.
What I usually do is right click the movie in MC, select "Open Folder", and manually delete the nfo. Then in MC, Refresh All, and Scan for New.

You also have the more r-click options, to Rescrape specific tags, Rescrape All, and some others.

I'm not sure why XBMC is ignoring the mediainfo for xvid, but check the nfo for these movies by r-click, "View nfo" and make sure there is data between <filedetails> tags, ie:
Code:
<fileinfo>
    <streamdetails>
      <video>
        <width>612</width>
        <height>320</height>
        <aspect>1.91</aspect>
        <codec>MPEG-4 Visual</codec>
        <format>DX50</format>
        <durationinseconds>6415</durationinseconds>
        <bitrate>797 Kbps</bitrate>
        <container>.avi</container>
        <scantype>Progressive</scantype>
      </video>
      <audio>
        <codec>MP3</codec>
        <channels>2</channels>
        <bitrate>112 Kbps</bitrate>
      </audio>
    </streamdetails>
  </fileinfo>

Local actor images: Look at Movie Preferences -> Advanced tab.
This is where you can set MC to download all actors to a common folder, linking XBMC to the same folder. MC will then look here for actor images.

As for this error Error - Running action [Get trailer URL] threw [TMDb is unavailable!], try disabling "Add trailer url to nfo" option. You can always enable later and use the Movie batch wizard to get this data.

Um, is that all ?? I think so. LOL.

Keep them coming, will try and help where possible.

Rob

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta with BluRay Folder Support - scarecrow420 - 2014-01-11

Hey guys, is there a particular naming convention I need to follow so that Media Companion doesn't think that subtitle folders "Subs" are a second copy of the same movie?

For example, the following files

Code:
\\NAS\media\Videos\Paranormal Activity 2 (2010)\Paranormal Activity 2.avi
\\NAS\media\Videos\Paranormal Activity 2 (2010)\Subs\Paranormal Activity 2.rar

Lead to MC creating nfo/poster etc in the Subs directory (as well as the root directory), and the movie showing in the database twice.

Code:
\\NAS\media\Videos\Paranormal Activity 2 (2010)\Paranormal Activity 2.avi
\\NAS\media\Videos\Paranormal Activity 2 (2010)\Paranormal Activity 2-fanart.jpg
\\NAS\media\Videos\Paranormal Activity 2 (2010)\Paranormal Activity 2.nfo
\\NAS\media\Videos\Paranormal Activity 2 (2010)\Paranormal Activity 2-poster.jpg
\\NAS\media\Videos\Paranormal Activity 2 (2010)\Subs\Paranormal Activity 2-fanart.jpg <-- extra
\\NAS\media\Videos\Paranormal Activity 2 (2010)\Subs\Paranormal Activity 2.nfo        <-- extra
\\NAS\media\Videos\Paranormal Activity 2 (2010)\Subs\Paranormal Activity 2.rar
\\NAS\media\Videos\Paranormal Activity 2 (2010)\Subs\Paranormal Activity 2-poster.jpg <-- extra

I seem to have several movies that have this "Subs" folder for subtitles.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta with BluRay Folder Support - vbat99 - 2014-01-11

Add subs to the exclude folder list, then and subs folder will be ignored.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta with BluRay Folder Support - scott967 - 2014-01-18

Have a problem with the layout of the TV Show Folders window in 3.5.9.3b. The "Save Changes" button is cut off on my system. The previous version I have installed 3.5.8.8b displayed correctly.

scott s.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta with BluRay Folder Support - bobrap - 2014-01-18

(2014-01-18, 01:58)scott967 Wrote: Have a problem with the layout of the TV Show Folders window in 3.5.9.3b. The "Save Changes" button is cut off on my system. The previous version I have installed 3.5.8.8b displayed correctly.

scott s.

Me too.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta with BluRay Folder Support - scott967 - 2014-01-19

I have a bug on 3.5.9.3. When I go to Movies -- Table view, there are some display columns checked. "Source" is not checked, but when I check it, I get an exception:

The following exception occurred in the DataGridView:
System.ArgumentException: DataGridViewComboBoxCell value is not valid.

scott s.