Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta with BluRay Folder Support - vbat99 - 2014-01-19

(2014-01-18, 17:16)bobrap Wrote:
(2014-01-18, 01:58)scott967 Wrote: Have a problem with the layout of the TV Show Folders window in 3.5.9.3b. The "Save Changes" button is cut off on my system. The previous version I have installed 3.5.8.8b displayed correctly.

scott s.

Me too.

Will be fixed for the next release. It's an issue of having to check the GUI before releasing, and I forgot to check that tab. Sorry.

(2014-01-19, 00:22)scott967 Wrote: I have a bug on 3.5.9.3. When I go to Movies -- Table view, there are some display columns checked. "Source" is not checked, but when I check it, I get an exception:

The following exception occurred in the DataGridView:
System.ArgumentException: DataGridViewComboBoxCell value is not valid.

scott s.

Please go to Movie & Tag sets tab, and click the button {b]Re-populate from used[/b]. The error is stating that some data is not valid for a particular cell, and movie sets is the common issue there.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta with BluRay Folder Support - falcy - 2014-01-19

If Mediacompanion can not find a movie how can i add him manually?
I see the change movie but that always change the movie that is selected, I can not add a totally new one with this or can I?

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta with BluRay Folder Support - vbat99 - 2014-01-19

(2014-01-19, 23:00)falcy Wrote: If Mediacompanion can not find a movie how can i add him manually?
I see the change movie but that always change the movie that is selected, I can not add a totally new one with this or can I?

Have you searched IMDB for the name of the Movie? Does it exist on IMDB? Or does it only exist on TheMovieDB.org

If on IMDB there are two options.
1. Correctly name the movie as per IMDB, with the year in brackets, ie: Dune (1984).mkv
2. Add the IMDB Id to the file name, ie: Dune (tt0087182).mkv

If only on TheMovieDB.org, then rename the movie exactly as per TheMovieDB.org, with year in brackets. Then in Media Companion, go to Movie Preferences and select Use XBMC Scraper, where Media Companion will then scrape the movie from TheMovieDB.org.

Otherwise, copy a nfo from another movie, rename it exactly the same name as your movie with .nfo as the extension, and edit this nfo in a text editor, changing the title fields.

Refresh Media Companion to add this movie to the browser list. Then you can r-click the new movie, select Edit Movie (Alternative) and change fields. If this movie did not have an IMDB ID, please set this to zero 0

Hope this is of help.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta with BluRay Folder Support - falcy - 2014-01-21

Ty for the fast reply !

I can find the movie on IMDB, but i can't select imdb as scraper. . I use xbmc scraper and then you have 2 options (imdb or tmdb) i can only select tmdb.
If i unselect use xbmc scraper and choose imdb underneath it where you have the choise of multiple imdb's will it rescrape my whole library?
Movie has the same name , even tried adding imdb id to it but he scrapes with tmdb so no luck there (movie is: cloudy with a change of meatballs 2). The moment i edited the nfo file and do a refresh i get an error

edit: if i change to one of the imdb choises i get the error aswell when searching for new

edit 2 : installed the latest new version and rebuild completly, it works now without errors

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta with BluRay Folder Support - scott967 - 2014-01-23

(2014-01-19, 02:09)vbat99 Wrote:
(2014-01-19, 00:22)scott967 Wrote: I have a bug on 3.5.9.3. When I go to Movies -- Table view, there are some display columns checked. "Source" is not checked, but when I check it, I get an exception:

Please go to Movie & Tag sets tab, and click the button {b]Re-populate from used[/b]. The error is stating that some data is not valid for a particular cell, and movie sets is the common issue there.

That doesn't fix it. It definitely has to do with "source". I notice that is is showing "CAM" as source for many, though I hadn't selected CAM ever.

scott s.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta with BluRay Folder Support - vbat99 - 2014-01-28

(2014-01-23, 08:04)scott967 Wrote:
(2014-01-19, 02:09)vbat99 Wrote:

That doesn't fix it. It definitely has to do with "source". I notice that is is showing "CAM" as source for many, though I hadn't selected CAM ever.

scott s.

Sorry for late reply, I didn't get notified that a new reply was posted on XBMC Forum.

Can you copy and paste the info with the nfo for one of the affected movies with "CAM" shown as source.
Just put it between [ code ] & [ / code ] to make the post smaller (just remove all spaces between brackets [], only spaced otherwise my post would be like

Code:
&

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta with BluRay Folder Support - scott967 - 2014-01-29

(2014-01-28, 00:26)vbat99 Wrote:
(2014-01-23, 08:04)scott967 Wrote:
(2014-01-19, 02:09)vbat99 Wrote: Please go to Movie & Tag sets tab, and click the button {b]Re-populate from used[/b]. The error is stating that some data is not valid for a particular cell, and movie sets is the common issue there.

scott s.

Sorry for late reply, I didn't get notified that a new reply was posted on XBMC Forum.

Can you copy and paste the info with the nfo for one of the affected movies with "CAM" shown as source.
Just put it between [ code ] & [ / code ] to make the post smaller (just remove all spaces between brackets [], only spaced otherwise my post would be like

Code:
&

OK I figured out the problem. In previous versions of MC I had created a new video source of "VCR-Rip", and that is what is in the movie nfo files. When I installed 3.5.9.3b, I set up all my preferences but mistyped my new video source as "VCRrip". So when I went to the table view and added the source field, MC was unable to deal with the unknown video source from the nfo files and threw up the error then inserted "Cam" as source, probably because it is the first in the releaseformat list in config.xml.

So it was my fault, but maybe this case could be handled better?

scott s.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta with BluRay Folder Support - vbat99 - 2014-02-01

Media Companion 3.594b Released

New to this release is Media Stub files. XBMC native Offline file now supported by Media Companion.

Plus many fixes.

Download here

Revision History here

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta with BluRay Folder Support - ghart999 - 2014-02-02

Awesome vbat. Thanks for this.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta with BluRay Folder Support - vbat99 - 2014-02-02

I'm looking for a couple of people to help test Media Companion, who use a Proxy Server.

I have added minor code into Media Companion, but need to know if I'm on the right track, and as I don't use proxy whatever..., kinda stuck.

Anyone interested please PM me.

Thank you

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta with BluRay Folder Support - bobrap - 2014-02-03

In the last update support for stubs was added. Just wondering, what is the advantage of stubs versus just using the offline movie manager? Thanks.

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta with BluRay Folder Support - vbat99 - 2014-02-03

(2014-02-03, 16:50)bobrap Wrote: In the last update support for stubs was added. Just wondering, what is the advantage of stubs versus just using the offline movie manager? Thanks.

Advantages are:
  • custom message
  • custom title
  • media stub file is small, under 1kb
  • XBMC can display an icon if DVD or Bluray or HDDVD etc
  • Media Stubs is natively supported from XBMC Eden onwards.
  • When selected in XBMC, message waits on-screen till you insert the media, then option to play disc becomes available.
  • Don't require to create a video clip

See this XBMC Wiki

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta with BluRay Folder Support - Acrobat76 - 2014-02-03

First of all, thanks for this fantastic tool!

I am having 3 small issues though:

1) is it possible to download trailer during an auto scrape ? It works when I rescrape specific but doesn't work when I hit search

2) when maximized the application doesn't fill the screen. This is on windows 8.1. The bottom most part of the screen needs scrolling. A bit of a nuisance when controlling via a small htpc keyboard/trackpad

3) maybe related to (2) maybe not : some versions ago when one was searching for new movies there was a status bar displaying this fact. Now I see nothing until the movie is found. Can this be fixed?

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta with BluRay Folder Support - vbat99 - 2014-02-03

(2014-02-03, 23:35)Acrobat76 Wrote: First of all, thanks for this fantastic tool!

I am having 3 small issues though:

1) is it possible to download trailer during an auto scrape ? It works when I rescrape specific but doesn't work when I hit search

2) when maximized the application doesn't fill the screen. This is on windows 8.1. The bottom most part of the screen needs scrolling. A bit of a nuisance when controlling via a small htpc keyboard/trackpad

3) maybe related to (2) maybe not : some versions ago when one was searching for new movies there was a status bar displaying this fact. Now I see nothing until the movie is found. Can this be fixed?

1) In Media Companion, go to Movie Preferences, General Tab, and select "Download Trailer during Scrape"

2). Sorry, don't have Win 8 or 8.1, what resolution are you running?
&
3) Probably related to 2, as MC re-sizes to fit the progress/status bar at the bottom. On To Do list to make this bar permanent...

RE: Media Companion Stable & Beta with BluRay Folder Support - Acrobat76 - 2014-02-04

1) It is selected but the trailer still doesn't download during autoscrape. I'm now wondering whether it may have to do with the fact that I use the XBMC scraper. Will try switching scraper and testing it again later today

2) 1920 x 1080

3) Thanks Smile