Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - vbat99 - 2014-02-27

(2014-02-26, 10:04)vbat99 Wrote: Hi Zerelah

As for the TV Actors, I will have to look at the code. I suspect that this section has not been updated to save correctly to a local file. It may be a day or two to get on top of that one.

I found that if getting the actors from TheTvDb site, there is no actor ID stored in Media Companion. This can be fixed. BUT, we can't store TVDB Actor images in the same format as we do for IMDB actors, as the id's are different, and how MC calculates out the local actor filename means there would be duplicate actor images. Not satisfactory.

I toyed with the idea of looking up IMDB for the actor's IMDB ID, but this fails if there are two (or more) actors of the same name.
Three examples:
Peter Graves
Colin Farrell
David Bradley

So, how to store TVDb Actors....

I suspect we won't have a choice but to have duplicate actor images if getting actors from TheTvDb, and I feel we will need to force saving of actor file in the format
local actor folder\M\Mark_Harmon_tvdbid number.jpg (or .tbn)

Need to think some more on this. Love to know how XBMC links actors of Movies to TvShows they've been in, Wonder if it's purely by actor's name...

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - vbat99 - 2014-02-27

Just did some testing, and XBMC uses actor's name to match, so if two actor of the same name are in a Movie and a Tv Show, XBMC shows one name, and the movie and show that name is also linked to.

Well, at least don't have to worry about IMDB Id for TV shows. I'll see about getting TVDb actors saved for Local actor folder soon.

I also suggest waiting for the next release before organizing your actors, as there is an option to save IMDB actors by actor name, not by IMDB actor ID as currently.

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - vbat99 - 2014-03-02

(2014-02-26, 09:10)Zerelah Wrote: Hi vbat

In regards to the actors I have messed around with the settings to save them on one location but for tv actors it creates the folder but dont download the images the folder that are linked to remain empty and another scrape for actors dosent download em.

Have been pushing around code over the last four days, and have saving of Tv Actors from TVDb working to a local folder.

This will be available in the next release.

Re: RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - angusc - 2014-03-03

(2014-03-02, 21:17)vbat99 Wrote:

In regards to the actors I have messed around with the settings to save them on one location but for tv actors it creates the folder but dont download the images the folder that are linked to remain empty and another scrape for actors dosent download em.

Have been pushing around code over the last four days, and have saving of Tv Actors from TVDb working to a local folder.

Excellent and really a big thank you for your continued development of this brilliant app!

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - bobrap - 2014-03-03

(2014-03-03, 08:02)angusc Wrote:
(2014-03-02, 21:17)vbat99 Wrote:

Excellent and really a big thank you for your continued development of this brilliant app!

+1 Nod

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - Zerelah - 2014-03-05

Hey vbat

I meant to post way sooner my idea was to do some testing on the issues I put up but got stuck on getting filebot working instead, but I saw all your post and felt really shitty so first off thanks for all the hard work you have put in to this. It is really amazing ;D

Now on to some testing I will post again

ok have done a little testing in regards to movie actors.
It seems the only way to get actor images to show in MC is to enable Download to actors folder.
I have enabled download to local folder and it works it downloads to that folder and put the links to the folder in the nfo, and this way they dont show up in mc it dosent matter wether show local actors is ticked or unticked. but the log is confusing because it says actor images set to not download!.

I guess this is a feature request but i am missing the original title field (I know you can enable to scrape it) but i am missing it as an info field.
second is it possible to have an video has subtitle bot in and external ?

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - bobrap - 2014-03-09

Wanted to ask a question about movie renaming. Movie sets are renamed with "The" at the end. i.e. "Fog, The". Is there an option to have movies named this way? Or an option to toggle this for both movies and sets? Thanks, looking forward to the next update Smile

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - vbat99 - 2014-03-09

(2014-03-09, 18:03)bobrap Wrote: Wanted to ask a question about movie renaming. Movie sets are renamed with "The" at the end. i.e. "Fog, The". Is there an option to have movies named this way? Or an option to toggle this for both movies and sets? Thanks, looking forward to the next update Smile

Well I thought there was an option for the movie title, but your right, it's only for the Set folder title.

I'll see what I can do to have either option present.

Thanks very much! Unless I'm missing something, I can't change movie sets at all. The "The" is always at the endHuh

Option for movie set is wgtg the rename options.

(2014-03-09, 23:09)vbat99 Wrote: Option for movie set is wgtg the rename options.

Not sure I'm following.Sleepy

Just tested , and seems I can rename as /Fog, The/ for sets, but can't change it back. Very Odd. But think I know what's going on. Believe it's in the check if folder exists section, then it just skips the rest.

Will fix when I add the movie name option for renaming with ignore article.

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - bobrap - 2014-03-10

Sounds great. Thought it was me. Smile

Hate to be a bother. One last question...does putting actors in a separate folder, vs in the same folder as the movie, eliminate duplicates. If you have actors in the movie folder...and Joe Blow is in ten movies...his picture is downloaded 10 times. Know what I mean? Thanks again.

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - vbat99 - 2014-03-10

(2014-03-10, 00:18)bobrap Wrote: Sounds great. Thought it was me. Smile

Hate to be a bother. One last question...does putting actors in a separate folder, vs in the same folder as the movie, eliminate duplicates. If you have actors in the movie folder...and Joe Blow is in ten movies...his picture is downloaded 10 times. Know what I mean? Thanks again.

Yes, Setting a local actor folder in MC, then we get one (or two depending of Frodo or Eden Or Both mode) image for each actor/actoress.

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - Methanoid - 2014-03-10

(2014-03-10, 00:58)vbat99 Wrote:
(2014-03-10, 00:18)bobrap Wrote: Sounds great. Thought it was me. Smile

Yes, Setting a local actor folder in MC, then we get one (or two depending of Frodo or Eden Or Both mode) image for each actor/actoress.

This woke me up ;-)

Can someone explain how for XBMC I could avoid many actor folders and JPGs? If all my movies are in X:\Videos\Movies\MovieTitle_{Year}\ format... where do I place the "common" Actor folder?