Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - DerDon - 2012-11-19

are there any scrapers that MEDIA COMPANION includes, which are not supported by Ember?

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - vbat99 - 2012-11-19

As I'm not familiar with Ember, I can only mention the one's that MC does use.
TVDB
TheMovieDB
IMDB
XBMC's TheMovieDB
& XBMC's IMDB

Yes, MC has incorporated XBMC's scrapers for TMDB and IMDB. These are included in Media Companion.

Hope this helps.

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - TH3 M0L3 - 2012-11-19

(2012-11-19, 00:13)vbat99 Wrote: One questions. How have you got MC to "Watch" a folder?? Are you manually running the scans or a Script/scheduler?

No, doing it manually. I'm not into scripts etc.

Quote:As for Movies in own folders, this is personal preference, and some settings need to be noted in MC.
You can have AVI, MKV, FLV, MP4, even ISO files just under a Root "Movies" folder,ie:

\Movies
\Movies\Titanic.avi
\Movies\Superman.mkv
etc

Or you can have in separate folders

\Movies
\Movies\Titanic\Titanic.avi
\Movies\Superman\Superman.mkv
etc

I prefer separate folders as I like the order it gives to my NAS. As you said, personal preference.
Also, my fan art and posters don't have the movie name, just folder.tbn, season 1.tbn etc, so if they were all in one folder, there would be conflicts.

Quote:Advantages of separate folders is addition of ExtraThumbs (Skin dependant) and a function of Media Companion, and groups the nfo, tbn and fanart in the same folder as the movie. (Note: In MC, Movie Preferences, put a tick in All Movies are in Folders (allow ExtraThumbs)

For TV Shows, just as TH3 M0L3 describes
\TV
\TV\Lost
\TV\Lost\Season01
\TV\Lost\Season02
etc
And MC will search all folders/sub-folders for matching video files.

Good points! I don't bother with folders for separate seasons though. As long as the files are named correctly XBMC sorts them into seasons.

Quote:The advantages that MC has for me is I have Three XBMC's in my house. One Dharma machine, One Eden and one Xbox. Having MC scrape the info, means only once is meta-data scraped, by Media Companion.

All three XBMC's pull the info from my storage, fast and easy.

Also, if you don't like the poster with for a movie, you can choose another from inside MC. Poster Tab. And Fanart Tab.

Hope this helps.

MC is very flexible, that's why so many people are using it over XBMC!

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - artistwantab - 2012-11-24

Hey everyone,

After years of using ember I am considering changing because it doesn't look like they will ever fix the trailer issue.

I found some threads that said the scraping still work in Media Companion.

I downloaded the media companion and followed the instructions but for some reason it is showing two .nfo files in the main browser. Before I start scraping to realize I have duplicates of everything can someone tell me what I am doing wrong.

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - andy_1985 - 2012-11-24

I was curios if anyone knows the command line to send to Media companion to get it to "Check roots for new TV Shows"? I am using Eventghost to automate my processes. I'm already send the -e command but i'm guessing that just searches for new shows but not check for new folders. Can anyone help me?

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - vbat99 - 2012-11-25

(2012-11-24, 03:42)artistwantab Wrote: Hey everyone,

After years of using ember I am considering changing because it doesn't look like they will ever fix the trailer issue.

I found some threads that said the scraping still work in Media Companion.

I downloaded the media companion and followed the instructions but for some reason it is showing two .nfo files in the main browser. Before I start scraping to realize I have duplicates of everything can someone tell me what I am doing wrong.

I'm not toot sure, but if there are double nfo's created, check the filenames. It could be a nfo is being created for the trailer.

Two things. Trailers should have -trailers at the end of the file. And I thing, not sure, but flv extension only at the moment. Might be wrong there.

(2012-11-24, 08:07)andy_1985 Wrote: I was curios if anyone knows the command line to send to Media companion to get it to "Check roots for new TV Shows"? I am using Eventghost to automate my processes. I'm already send the -e command but i'm guessing that just searches for new shows but not check for new folders. Can anyone help me?

Command line is only to scrape new movies, new episodes. No command line function to check and add new TV Show folder.

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - Mycroft - 2012-11-29

Has anyone else noticed that Media Companion will need some tweaking to be compatible with the new Frodo artwork policies?

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - KidKiwi - 2012-11-29

Seems IMDB has changed something and the movie title is scraping incorrectly. Hope this can be updated soon. Thx for such a great program. I use it almost everyday.

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - vbat99 - 2012-11-30

(2012-11-29, 08:19)Mycroft Wrote: Has anyone else noticed that Media Companion will need some tweaking to be compatible with the new Frodo artwork policies?
Yes, this is noted to be done. Should be simple enough. Please note, current tbn and -fanart files are backwards compatible with Frodo's new artwork policies.

(2012-11-29, 10:05)KidKiwi Wrote: Seems IMDB has changed something and the movie title is scraping incorrectly. Hope this can be updated soon. Thx for such a great program. I use it almost everyday.

Yes, spotted this happened overnight, Issue posted at MC.

FYI, delete nfo for movies, and switch to XBMC TMDB scraper. This will pull the correct info for the movie/s for now.

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - TH3 M0L3 - 2012-11-30

It would seem the IMDB add on iN XBMC is also bust!

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - TH3 M0L3 - 2012-12-01

(2012-11-30, 01:20)vbat99 Wrote:
(2012-11-29, 08:19)Mycroft Wrote: [quote='KidKiwi' pid='1251019' dateline='1354176350']
Seems IMDB has changed something and the movie title is scraping incorrectly. Hope this can be updated soon. Thx for such a great program. I use it almost everyday.

Yes, spotted this happened overnight, Issue posted at MC.

FYI, delete nfo for movies, and switch to XBMC TMDB scraper. This will pull the correct info for the movie/s for now.

Does anybody know when this is going to get sorted?

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - Randall Lind - 2012-12-01

How do you switc to XBMC TMDB scaper?

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - vbat99 - 2012-12-01

AnotherPhil has fixed MC. I've made a zip file with relevant files to replace in your MC folder.
IMDB Patch

Just extract the files and overwrite them in your Media Companion folder.

This corrects the scraping of Movie files with "#overview-bottom .add_to_watchlist," being used as movie title.

Enjoy

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - Randall Lind - 2012-12-01

I am trying this for first time is there a renamer built in for movies?

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - vbat99 - 2012-12-01

(2012-12-01, 05:25)Randall Lind Wrote: I am trying this for first time is there a renamer built in for movies?

Gidday Randall

Yes, under Movie Preferences, you can set auto-rename to many formats, ie: Movie (year). extn
Can include IMDBid, Rating, Movie Source, Premier date.

This will also auto name the nfo, thumbs and fanart to match the new file name.