Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - Dirki - 2014-03-31

Quote:If you have a folder that contains files ending in .disc then add these to the Movie Folders list, NOT, the offline folders list.
OK, I had done.

Quote:If you use Media Companion to create the .disc files, then make sure you have entered the folder you wish these saved to, in the Media Stub Tab. This is the field marked "Offline Stubs Folder". If in Media Companion you Browse to the folder you wish to save the .disc files into, on the Media Stub Tab, this folder will be automatically added to the "Movie Folders" List.
OK, I see, you just may not enter the path into the field, but you really have to browse to the folder.

What does the explanation in the MM help file mean:

Quote:Offline Movies

Offline movies is a method that allows you to add movies to your collection that are not stored on your system. Offline movies may be those you have that are on DVD or Blu-Ray disk.

Quote:I am not certain if the dvd part Has to be present, but I believe this is the indicator to XBMC of the type of media that requires playing.
It seems to work without that indicator, so just the normal file name with year and .disc at the end.

Well, it appears to work, now, great.

Many thanks for helping.

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - bobrap - 2014-03-31

(2014-03-31, 02:13)vbat99 Wrote:
(2014-03-28, 19:58)bobrap Wrote: Thanks for the latest release. Got a question about actors. If using I don't use the XBMC scraper, actors are placed in a single directory. When using the XBMC scraper, actors are put in the .actor folder with the movie. Is this by design?

Just did some research into this.

If under General Preferences you have "Save actors to .actors folder" selected, and you have Local actors folder set in Movie Preferences -> Advanced tab, then when scraping movies, actors are placed in both locations.
Unselect General Preferences -> "Save actors to .actors folder", and actors will only be saved to a Local actors folder.

Choice is yours, either location, both locations.

I see that, but, if using "Use XBMC scraper, and you tick "Download actor images from TMDB", it requires that save actors to .actors folder be ticked. If I set IMDB actors to none, I get none. I was trying to use the actor images from TMDB. Am I doing something wrong or do I just need to stick with IMDB?

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - vbat99 - 2014-03-31

(2014-03-31, 17:12)bobrap Wrote:
(2014-03-31, 02:13)vbat99 Wrote:
(2014-03-28, 19:58)bobrap Wrote: Thanks for the latest release. Got a question about actors. If using I don't use the XBMC scraper, actors are placed in a single directory. When using the XBMC scraper, actors are put in the .actor folder with the movie. Is this by design?

Just did some research into this.

If under General Preferences you have "Save actors to .actors folder" selected, and you have Local actors folder set in Movie Preferences -> Advanced tab, then when scraping movies, actors are placed in both locations.
Unselect General Preferences -> "Save actors to .actors folder", and actors will only be saved to a Local actors folder.

I see that, but, if using "Use XBMC scraper, and you tick "Download actor images from TMDB", it requires that save actors to .actors folder be ticked. If I set IMDB actors to none, I get none. I was trying to use the actor images from TMDB. Am I doing something wrong or do I just need to stick with IMDB?

Right. I should have removed that option from TMDB, as it is uses the same options as non-XBMC TMDB scraper. Meaning if scraping with XBMC TMDB scraper, TMDB actor's are saved.

Leave ""Download actor images from TMDB" un-selected. This option will be removed in the next release.

Sorry for the confusion.

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - Dirki - 2014-04-01

How can you display moves / series only which are not scraped (correctly) / found? Or show them separated at least?

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - bobrap - 2014-04-01

(2014-03-31, 19:03)vbat99 Wrote:
(2014-03-31, 17:12)bobrap Wrote:
(2014-03-31, 02:13)vbat99 Wrote: Just did some research into this.

Right. I should have removed that option from TMDB, as it is uses the same options as non-XBMC TMDB scraper. Meaning if scraping with XBMC TMDB scraper, TMDB actor's are saved.

Leave ""Download actor images from TMDB" un-selected. This option will be removed in the next release.

Sorry for the confusion.

If I understand you correctly, there is no option to use the actor images from TMDB? If I use the XBMC TMdb scraper and set the IMDB actors to download to none, no actors are downloaded. Sorry to be such a bother. Thanks

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - vbat99 - 2014-04-01

(2014-04-01, 15:34)bobrap Wrote: If I understand you correctly, there is no option to use the actor images from TMDB? If I use the XBMC TMdb scraper and set the IMDB actors to download to none, no actors are downloaded. Sorry to be such a bother. Thanks

Sorry for the confusion.
  • If scraping with XBMC TMDB, TMDB actors are saved.
  • If scraping with MC's built in IMDB scraper, IMDB actors are saved
  • The number of actor's saved for either is set by the IMDB Actor Limit. This will be changed so it's just a Limit number of Actor's
  • The setting "Download actor images from TMDB" is now irrelevant, and I should have removed it to avoid this confusion.

(2014-04-01, 19:01)vbat99 Wrote:
(2014-04-01, 15:34)bobrap Wrote: If I understand you correctly, there is no option to use the actor images from TMDB? If I use the XBMC TMdb scraper and set the IMDB actors to download to none, no actors are downloaded. Sorry to be such a bother. Thanks

Sorry for the confusion.
  • The number of actor's saved for either is set by the IMDB Actor Limit. This will be changed so it's just a Limit number of Actor's
  • The setting "Download actor images from TMDB" is now irrelevant, and I should have removed it to avoid this confusion.

What I'm seeing is If scraping with XBMC TMDB, IMDB actors are saved. It seems TMDB actors aren't being downloaded. No biggie, just wanted to let you know. Thanks again Smile

Will look into it now. But, can you check a recent movie's nfo, and look at the actor's section, and advise what one of the thumb addresses is. It should have tmdb in the url.

<actor>
<id>0000375</id>
<name>Robert Downey Jr.</name>
<role>Tony Stark</role>
<thumb>http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTAwNjk2NTUyMzleQTJeQWpwZ15BbWU3MDQ2NzQzMTc@._V1._SY400_SX300_.jpg</thumb>
</actor>

This is all that's in the nfo. If I set actors to a local folder, there is no url, just the path to the folders.

(2014-04-01, 21:20)bobrap Wrote:
(2014-04-01, 19:01)vbat99 Wrote:

Sorry for the confusion.

What I'm seeing is If scraping with XBMC TMDB, IMDB actors are saved. It seems TMDB actors aren't being downloaded. No biggie, just wanted to let you know. Thanks again Smile

Looks like I got that slightly wrong
If scraping with XBMC TMDB, user has choice to scrape actors from IMDB, or select "Download actor images from TMDB" and get actors from TMDB instead.
If scraping from IMDB, Only option is IMDB actors. But there's a bug here. If "Download actor images from TMDB" had been selected, then it attempts to scrape actor images from TMBD, but it can't.
Fixing that bug now.

So, basically, XBMC TMDB, either IMDB or TMDB actors.
MC's IMDB, IMDB actors only.

Local actor's folder isn't an issue for above, as this is only the save to location for the actor image files.

Ok, sounds like you got it sussed. Also wanted to remind you that when I check "Download actor images from TMDB", it forces me to enable save actors to .actors folder.

Just wanted to add how much I appreciate your hard work on this and your tolerance of pains in the bum like me. Smile

Damn it! knew there was something else on that one. OK, killing that message also.

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - Dirki - 2014-04-02

How can I rename a file im MM? E.g. an episode, a movie.

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - vbat99 - 2014-04-02

(2014-04-02, 10:50)Dirki Wrote: How can I rename a file im MM? E.g. an episode, a movie.

Media Companion has built-in renaming conventions. For TV Episodes look at TV Preferences, right side called " Tv Episode renaming settings" and select which you prefer.
Then in Tv Browser, right click the show, or a season or a episode and select "Rename Episode(s)"

For Movies, nameing convention is in Movie Preferences -> General tab, in the centre.
In here you can see Folder Renaming and Movie Renaming during AutoScrape. The Legend is listed on what you can set for your naming of either the folder or the file.
You can select to rename during scraping, or, below these options is the option "Enable Manual Movie Renaming". This option can be selected either by itself or with during scrape.

I usually recommend to select only Enable Manual Movie Renaming, and once the movie(s) have been scrape successfully, you can right-click a movie or movies (yes, you can select more than one movie - called MultiSave Mode) and go to "Rename Selected movie(s) in list" where you have the options
  • Movie and Folder
  • Movie Only
  • Folder Only

If a movie is in the root of the movie folder, and one of the Folder renaming options is selected, then the movie and associated files (including actor images) are moved into a new folder created as per your selected naming convention.

Finally. Naming convention for Folders has one extra option. You can create a Set folder, with a Sub Folder for the Movie selected.
Example: If you have Back To the Future 1, 2 &/or 3, and these are in the Set "Back to the Future Collection".
If you have "%N\%T (%Y)" in the folder renaming, Notice the \ between %N & %T, this will create the following folder structure:
<rootmoviefolder>\Back to the Future Collection\Back To The Future 1\<movieandartworkfiles>
<rootmoviefolder>\Back to the Future Collection\Back To The Future 2\<movieandartworkfiles>
<rootmoviefolder>\Back to the Future Collection\Back To The Future 3\<movieandartworkfiles>

Hope this helps some.

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - Dirki - 2014-04-02

Yes, many thanks for the explanations, vbat99, very comprehensive, that helps.

And, if I want to rename just a single file quickly (e.g., while you are manually scraping some single movies), just for manually changing the year of the movie or so, can I do it somehow in the browser or the table or so? Or would I do it also with that renaming function?

Many thanks again.

Ah, well, and showing only the unscraped / none found videos?