Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - Dirki - 2014-04-08

(2014-04-08, 07:57)vbat99 Wrote:
(2014-04-08, 07:56)Dirki Wrote: Is ther a special way you should add folders to MC you have stored only music (videos) in? Add it to movies or series?

Music Video's are currently supported...currently.....Watch this space.
Thank you, vbat99.

I am not quite sure to understand it right, but I will watch this place for news. Thanks again.

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - vbat99 - 2014-04-08

(2014-04-08, 08:00)Dirki Wrote: Suppose there is a home without any PC, Notebook or something simlilar, but with a Mult Media Player only. Is there a way you could prepare (export to one or more files or so, text file, images etc.) the movie, series information you could read them on that Mult Media Player, displayed on a TV?

Portable Hard Drive. Otherwise, no idea.

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - Dirki - 2014-04-08

Thank you, vbat99,

Yes, for such a Multi Media Player you need a drive, an external Hard Disc. But how could you use, prepare, make the movie, series information visible using such a Multi Media Player, where you cannot use Media Companion on it? Is there a way to make the information you can view with Media Companion on a PC, Notebook available for a Multi Media Player?

Thanks again.

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - vbat99 - 2014-04-08

Think you're answering your own question.

You need a PC to run Media Companion.

If the Media player has XBMC on it, then with an external HDD connected to a PC, scrape the information on the External HDD. All nfo's artwork etc are stored with the video files.

Take that HDD to the media player, connect it, and within XBMC on the media player, add the source and set the content accordingly, ie: Movies, TV Shows.

Only option.

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - bobrap - 2014-04-13

Me again Tongue Just wanted to ask a few questions and point out a thing or two before (maybe) your next update. For video source in movie preference: if I add my own source, say bluray, and add that to a file name, a search doesn't pick that up and set source in the drop down list.

I also wondered would it be possible to apply the same sorting options for movies to the TV section? Mainly move article to end. Thanks again for the great work o this!! Nod

Others I forgot: In TV, skip missed episodes if they are past today's date or something like that. An episode that hasn't aired wouldn't really be a missed episode.

Feature request...display somewhere on the screen the status of a TV show i.e. Ended, New Series, Returning, etc.

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - Dirki - 2014-04-13

Oh, no notification e-mail.

Thank you vbat99.

Quote:You need a PC to run Media Companion.
Yes, but unfortunately in that home there is no PC, Notebook, Computer to run MC.

Quote:If the Media player has XBMC on it
Well, it is a Multi Media Player, so it does not have any Operating System like Win or so, XBMC (the same like it is with MC) cannot run on it unfortunately. So that is why I asked, if there is a way to prepare the information on e.g. my Notebook and export it somehow to show it on that Multi Media Player somehow. May be you can use images, text files or so.

Quote:Take that HDD to the media player, connect it, and within XBMC on the media player, add the source and set the content accordingly, ie: Movies, TV Shows.
OK, that is not possible.

Many thanks again.

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - vbat99 - 2014-04-13

(2014-04-13, 15:22)bobrap Wrote: Me again Tongue Just wanted to ask a few questions and point out a thing or two before (maybe) your next update. For video source in movie preference: if I add my own source, say bluray, and add that to a file name, a search doesn't pick that up and set source in the drop down list.

I also wondered would it be possible to apply the same sorting options for movies to the TV section? Mainly move article to end. Thanks again for the great work o this!! Nod

Others I forgot: In TV, skip missed episodes if they are past today's date or something like that. An episode that hasn't aired wouldn't really be a missed episode.

Feature request...display somewhere on the screen the status of a TV show i.e. Ended, New Series, Returning, etc.

so you add "bluray" to the Video Source list, and a movie with "bluray" within the filename does not get "bluray" added to the source box?

Will have a think on the Tv shows, having the article at the end.

Not sure exactly what your after, but suspect you only want to see Missed episodes, and not Missed and Future episodes?

And finally, not sure if we can have the status of the show, as we only get the Show information once, ie: first time addition of the Show to Media Companion. But, it may be possible...

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - bobrap - 2014-04-13

(2014-04-13, 20:10)vbat99 Wrote:
(2014-04-13, 15:22)bobrap Wrote: Me again Tongue Just wanted to ask a few questions and point out a thing or two before (maybe) your next update. For video source in movie preference: if I add my own source, say bluray, and add that to a file name, a search doesn't pick that up and set source in the drop down list.

so you add "bluray" to the Video Source list, and a movie with "bluray" within the filename does not get "bluray" added to the source box?

Will have a think on the Tv shows, having the article at the end.

Not sure exactly what your after, but suspect you only want to see Missed episodes, and not Missed and Future episodes?

And finally, not sure if we can have the status of the show, as we only get the Show information once, ie: first time addition of the Show to Media Companion. But, it may be possible...

Correct on the bluray bit.
Correct on missed episodes.
The article at the end and the status are just "would be nice to have" things. I wouldn't bother if I'm the only one looking for it or it's a pain to code. Thanks for considering it anyway! Wink

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - vbat99 - 2014-04-14

(2014-04-13, 23:04)bobrap Wrote: Correct on the bluray bit.
The article at the end and the status are just "would be nice to have" things. I wouldn't bother if I'm the only one looking for it or it's a pain to code. Thanks for considering it anyway! Wink

Fixed the "bluray" source issue. Silly mistake on my part. Be in the next release.

Regarding missed episodes. Already available. Just select "Missing Aired" filter at bottom of Tv List. But I suspect you want this to be present with existing episodes. Meaning you want to display all present episodes, and any missing aired episodes only, where the filter only shows the missing aired episodes.

Still have to look at the code to see if possible to move the article to the end.

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - bobrap - 2014-04-14

(2014-04-14, 00:40)vbat99 Wrote:
(2014-04-13, 23:04)bobrap Wrote: Correct on the bluray bit.

Fixed the "bluray" source issue. Silly mistake on my part. Be in the next release.

Regarding missed episodes. Already available. Just select "Missing Aired" filter at bottom of Tv List. But I suspect you want this to be present with existing episodes. Meaning you want to display all present episodes, and any missing aired episodes only, where the filter only shows the missing aired episodes.

Still have to look at the code to see if possible to move the article to the end.

Thanks for having a look. Again, appreciate the effort you put into this.

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - ztrust - 2014-04-14

Hey vbat

Sorry I am back again
and I have redone all my 1500 movies with mc and 90 % of trailers are dead again Rolleyes
I do not know what causes this but it only happens when scraped with mc ? and i have found out it is not all but it seems to be those starting with r1 -r5 in the link like this

http://<trailer>http://r1---sn-nuv45-55ge.googlevideo.com/videoplayback?mv=m&amp;signature=69E5288AF67EF4C7DF80F9671E365B3385D6B9F6.34647A474D3E116422FC5CFBB466C6E62F922DAA&amp;key=yt5&amp;source=youtube&amp;ratebypass=yes&amp;expire=1397359958&amp;id=o-ACF_dp7RNoNEfr42Vr01dhDzwUQVDQm5GCeKfNiRt9Ix&amp;ip=86.52.95.162&amp;itag=22&amp;ms=au&amp;upn=ve_fHoxF5IE&amp;fexp=941286,937417,913434,936916,934022,936923&amp;sparams=id,ip,ipbits,itag,ratebypass,source,upn,expire&amp;mt=1397339200&amp;sver=3&amp;ipbits=0&amp;fallback_host=tc.v20.cache5.googlevideo.com&amp;signature=</trailer>

all these stop working after a little while.
and regarding the plugin format where you say its for playback in mc, I have never had an option to play the trailer link in mc the only option i have is to download it.
I hope you guys can find a fix for this Wink

The anoing thing is if i rescape the trailer in mc and refresh the movie in xbmc they work but in the long run thats not really viable

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - vbat99 - 2014-04-15

(2014-04-14, 21:11)ztrust Wrote: Hey vbat

Sorry I am back again
and I have redone all my 1500 movies with mc and 90 % of trailers are dead again Rolleyes
I do not know what causes this but it only happens when scraped with mc ? and i have found out it is not all but it seems to be those starting with r1 -r5 in the link like this

Code:
<trailer>http://r1---sn-nuv45-55ge.googlevideo.com/videoplayback?mv=m&amp;signature=69E5288AF67EF4C7DF80F9671E365B3385D6B9F6.34647A474D3E116422FC5CFBB466C6E62F922DAA&amp;key=yt5&amp;source=youtube&amp;ratebypass=yes&amp;expire=1397359958&amp;id=o-ACF_dp7RNoNEfr42Vr01dhDzwUQVDQm5GCeKfNiRt9Ix&amp;ip=86.52.95.162&amp;itag=22&amp;ms=au&amp;upn=ve_fHoxF5IE&amp;fexp=941286,937417,913434,936916,934022,936923&amp;sparams=id,ip,ipbits,itag,ratebypass,source,upn,expire&amp;mt=1397339200&amp;sver=3&amp;ipbits=0&amp;fallback_host=tc.v20.cache5.googlevideo.com&amp;signature=</trailer>

all these stop working after a little while.
and regarding the plugin format where you say its for playback in mc, I have never had an option to play the trailer link in mc the only option i have is to download it.
I hope you guys can find a fix for this Wink

The anoing thing is if i rescape the trailer in mc and refresh the movie in xbmc they work but in the long run thats not really viable

There is an issue with google link to YouTube trailers, where they expire.

As for the plugin://plugin... etc, this is an export format from XBMC. We have the http address so the user can download the trailer and have it stored with the nfo, artwork etc. When XBMC read's the nfo, and detects the <trailer> is populated, it converts it to plugin://plugin... format.

Once the trailer url is in the nfo, the user can click the Download button. If a trailer is downloaded or a trailer is present for the movie, the Download button becomes a Play Trailer button.

I am hunting for an alternative way of gaining the youtube url for Media Companion, but this is all new to me.

Btw, MC first attempts to get trailers from HD-Trailers.net, specially if they are 720p trailers. If they are below this resolution, then it attempts to get from YouTube. Also, if no 720p trailer is available from HD-Trailers, MC switches to Youtube.

Will have to get an alternative way for Youtube, or a better trailer site.

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - ztrust - 2014-04-15

Hi Vbat

Nice Informative answer.

I am sorry if it sounded like I was complaning, yesterday when I wrote that post I was very tired had been up way to long and propperly should have waited until today to post so sorry about that.

I am surprised you say you are new to this considering how good MC is, well I know even less about how all this work so everything from me is based on observation from what I have seen others do and what seems to work but no real fact behind it.

regarding trailer youtube links TMDB has a pretty good database for trailers on youtube where I think most other scrapers go to get YT links,
Trailers dont seem to be stable without the plugin format if it is missing the links seem to just stop working even though the url still works.
I am not sure but In my quest to get trailers to work I seem to have read somewhere that xbmc will always look for local trailer first and then play link

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - vbat99 - 2014-04-15

(2014-04-15, 09:41)ztrust Wrote: Hi Vbat

Nice Informative answer.

I am sorry if it sounded like I was complaning, yesterday when I wrote that post I was very tired had been up way to long and propperly should have waited until today to post so sorry about that.

I am surprised you say you are new to this considering how good MC is, well I know even less about how all this work so everything from me is based on observation from what I have seen others do and what seems to work but no real fact behind it.

regarding trailer youtube links TMDB has a pretty good database for trailers on youtube where I think most other scrapers go to get YT links,
Trailers dont seem to be stable without the plugin format if it is missing the links seem to just stop working even though the url still works.
I am not sure but In my quest to get trailers to work I seem to have read somewhere that xbmc will always look for local trailer first and then play link

Send you an email. Did you get it?

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - ztrust - 2014-04-17

Checked my spam I got it will check it out and let you know Thank you