Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - Dirki - 2014-05-11

Quote:I'll look into the Country info, and see if it can be added.
Oh, great, very nice, many thanks!

Quote: or creating a new profile in Media Companion?
Yery sorry for my bad expression, yes, that I meant. A new profile, but creating it as a copy of an existing one.

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - bobrap - 2014-05-11

Just wondering if the multi-episode part of TV shows is working. Is there a specific naming convention?

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - vbat99 - 2014-05-11

(2014-05-11, 20:25)bobrap Wrote: Just wondering if the multi-episode part of TV shows is working. Is there a specific naming convention?

Yes it is
naming should be
SxxExxExxExx etc for how-ever many episodes are in the one video file.
ie: two episodes
S01E01E2.avi

(2014-05-11, 12:19)Dirki Wrote:
Quote: or creating a new profile in Media Companion?
Yery sorry for my bad expression, yes, that I meant. A new profile, but creating it as a copy of an existing one.

Go to General Pereferences -> General tab, and on the right is where you manage your profiles.
There is the default profile already, and if you have set this up how you like, then when you create a new profile, the default profile is cloned to any new profile(s) created.

Hope this helps.

Quote:Go to General Pereferences -> General tab, and on the right is where you manage your profiles.
There is the default profile already, and if you have set this up how you like, then when you create a new profile, the default profile is cloned to any new profile(s) created.

Hope this helps.
Thank you vbat99, yes, I had done it that way, but I want to clone a profile of another profile, not the default one. How could I do that?

Thanks again.

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - ztrust - 2014-05-11

Hi vbat
Love the new update with trailer links works perfect thank you.

I have a coupple of things that confuse me and hope you can help

Some of alot actually of my poster from MC are listed 720*1080 resolution but they clearly are not I am wondering why ? I havent found any options regarding poster size other then manually resize each one but maybe I havent looked hard enough. ?
can you tell me how I would use the custom commands to update xbmc I have no idea where to start ?
I have been trying to run mcm through a filebot script and cmd but it wont, succeed because of folder path so can i move mc_com.exe to another folder ?

Feature request
in the future would it be possible to get an option to download actors from tmdb instead of imdb since tmdb actor images seems to be more uniform?

Ztrust

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - bobrap - 2014-05-11

It seems that if a two part episode named (Buffy The Vampire Slayer - S06E01E02 - Bargaining) only shows as ep01 and e02 as missing. Something I'm doing wrong?

Also, I have ignore specials ticked, but, it still displays missing specials. Thanks.

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - ztrust - 2014-05-11

(2014-05-11, 22:19)bobrap Wrote: It seems that if a two part episode named (Buffy The Vampire Slayer - S06E01E02 - Bargaining) only shows as ep01 and e02 as missing. Something I'm doing wrong?

Also, I have ignore specials ticked, but, it still displays missing specials. Thanks.

I had the same problem but it turned out mine wasent named as a 2 part and after i renamed them they where still listed as missing but in the mc folder there should be a list of missing episodes somewhere try to delete it and do a refresh and see what happens

(2014-05-11, 21:22)Dirki Wrote:
Quote:Go to General Pereferences -> General tab, and on the right is where you manage your profiles.

Hope this helps.
Thank you vbat99, yes, I had done it that way, but I want to clone a profile of another profile, not the default one. How could I do that?

Thanks again.

OK, doing testing, and we use the default profile as the template. for any new profiles.
Only option here is to manually clone the profile your after.
Now, I assume your only worried about the config.xml file, as this has the folder list and all settings. Any other xml file, ie: actor.xml, moviecache.xml etc, will be rebuilt on refresh.

First, create the new profile. and then exit Media Companion
Next, open the file profile.xml in your settings folder, and look down the file till you find the profile you have want to clone.
Code:
<profilename>Phoenix</profilename>
Note the number extension of the config.xml file
Code:
<config>\Settings\config1.xml</config>

Next, note the extension number for the new profile
Code:
<profilename>test</profilename>
<config>\Settings\config2.xml</config>
<moviecache>\Settings\moviecache2.xml</moviecache>

Finally, in the settings folder, delete the new profiles config.xml file, (from example config2.xml)
and make a copy of the config you wish to clone, and rename it to the correct number extension of the new profile
(copy config1.xml and paste it. Rename copy to config2.xml)

I hope that helps some.

Thank you very much, vbat99,

Yes, that helps a lot, great.

Many thanks again.

(2014-05-11, 22:19)ztrust Wrote: Hi
I am wondering MC gets actor images from imdb right ?
since the actor images I got from mc comes in all shapes and size´s would it be possible to add an option to get actor images from TMDB since they are all same size ?

I just discovered alot of poster download through media companion shows 720*1080 resolution but they are clearly not I am wondering why ?

I'll add to the To Do list for getting Actor images from TMDB if scraping body from IMDB.

As for poster resolutions, can you explain some more? I know that when Hi-Res posters are displayed in Media Companion, they can look grainy or poor quality. But maybe this is not what you mean.

It might be an idea to post this as an issue on MC site, then you could attach sample's, examples.

(2014-05-11, 22:19)bobrap Wrote: It seems that if a two part episode named (Buffy The Vampire Slayer - S06E01E02 - Bargaining) only shows as ep01 and e02 as missing. Something I'm doing wrong?

I believe the missing episode display for multipart is still work in progress. But thought I had the display missing specials nailed down.

Just tested, and ignore display missing specials is functioning. Select 'Refresh Missing Episodes' after selecting this option.

As for Multi-episode files. If the episodes were listed as missing, and you get the file, like you S06E01E2, and scrape, Media Companion removes Episode 01 from missing, but Episode 02 shows as present and missing. Select 'Refresh Missing Episodes', fixes this up. But I will look into getting this fixed during scraping.

Check this issue on MC site: Missing Episodes, misc minor issues
I've got to work through these. Hopefully before the next release.

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - ztrust - 2014-05-12

Hi vbat
Again you are fast with your reply´s
I was editing my post when you reply´d I will move over to your codeplex site with all this very soon so thank you but no that was not what I meant my posters in windows are listed as 720*1080

image links work right click copy image link and paste to new tab

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - vbat99 - 2014-05-12

(2014-05-12, 00:27)ztrust Wrote: Hi vbat
Again you are fast with your reply´s
I was editing my post when you reply´d I will move over to your codeplex site with all this very soon so thank you but no that was not what I meant my posters in windows are listed as 720*1080

image links work right click copy image link and paste to new tab

Hmmm, had to quote your message to get the full image links. Suggest you attach the actual poster to the issue on Media Companion site, as I could see windows stating 720x1080, but not what the second linked image referred to.

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - swehawk - 2014-05-13

XBMC Link - Raspmc

Did anyone get XBMC Link setup and working with Raspmc? If so, I would very much appreciate if you could post your settings here. Also if you had to tweak any settings in the Pi or in raspbmc to get it working.

I can't figure it out myself - it isn't exactly "self explanatory Wink and I only have a vague idea of what it's supposed to do. I guess that it forces xbmc to update/refresh the database/artwork for a selected movie that a regular update from within xbmc doesn't catch. Please correct me if I'm totally mistakenWink

Also, is it possible to have mc_com.exe trig xbmc link? This would be nice since I made a script to run mc_com.exe -m -v for Sabnzbd.

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - vbat99 - 2014-05-13

(2014-05-13, 19:08)swehawk Wrote: XBMC Link - Raspmc

Did anyone get XBMC Link setup and working with Raspmc? If so, I would very much appreciate if you could post your settings here. Also if you had to tweak any settings in the Pi or in raspbmc to get it working.

I can't figure it out myself - it isn't exactly "self explanatory Wink and I only have a vague idea of what it's supposed to do. I guess that it forces xbmc to update/refresh the database/artwork for a selected movie that a regular update from within xbmc doesn't catch. Please correct me if I'm totally mistakenWink

Also, is it possible to have mc_com.exe trig xbmc link? This would be nice since I made a script to run mc_com.exe -m -v for Sabnzbd.

While I am developing for Media Companion, XBMC Link is a grey area for me. All I can do is point you to some discussions where user's have gotten this working.
See Here and here. Oh, and also Here.

Hope these are of help.

As for mc_com triggering xbmc link, sorry, not on the cards for now, as XBMC Link is tied into resources that mc_com doesn't have access to. But have you tried mediacompanion.exe -sq ? See here.