Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - Dirki - 2014-05-19

How can I manually (re)scrape a movie when MM displays a wrong one?

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - bobrap - 2014-05-19

Change Movie button?

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - vbat99 - 2014-05-19

(2014-05-19, 15:58)Dirki Wrote: How can I manually (re)scrape a movie when MM displays a wrong one?

Select the Movie that's been scraped incorrectly, then click the Change Movie button along the top. This will open the IMDB webpage in Media Companion (or you can select TMDB by clicking the button at the bottom of this tab).

Type in the correct Movie name, and search. In the results, select the correct Movie, and once the page has loaded, click the Go button at the bottom of the page. This will scrape the selected movie's data for your movie.

Cheers

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - Dirki - 2014-05-19

Many thanks, bobrap and vbat99,

Ah, that button. OK

Many thanks again.

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - bobrap - 2014-05-27

Here I am, back to bother you again Big Grin When I try to rename a multi-episode file, only the first episode is used. Ex: Criminal Minds - S07E23E24 - Hit (1) & Run (2).mkv gets renamed as Criminal Minds - S07E23E24 - Hit (1).mkv. Hope I explained this ok. Thanks

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - vbat99 - 2014-05-27

(2014-05-27, 15:44)bobrap Wrote: Here I am, back to bother you again Big Grin When I try to rename a multi-episode file, only the first episode is used. Ex: Criminal Minds - S07E23E24 - Hit (1) & Run (2).mkv gets renamed as Criminal Minds - S07E23E24 - Hit (1).mkv. Hope I explained this ok. Thanks

OK, I get it. I'll have a look at the renaming code for TV. I know this has been this way since the beginning. But will see what can be done.

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - vbat99 - 2014-05-27

(2014-05-27, 19:54)vbat99 Wrote:
(2014-05-27, 15:44)bobrap Wrote: Here I am, back to bother you again Big Grin When I try to rename a multi-episode file, only the first episode is used. Ex: Criminal Minds - S07E23E24 - Hit (1) & Run (2).mkv gets renamed as Criminal Minds - S07E23E24 - Hit (1).mkv. Hope I explained this ok. Thanks

OK, I get it. I'll have a look at the renaming code for TV. I know this has been this way since the beginning. But will see what can be done.

I see a problem, it'll be rare, but could be an issue.
Have a multi-episode file, with say only two episodes, the filename won't get too long, adding both episodes into the filename, ie: Hit (1) & Run (2)
But, what if there are more episodes. An example would be Warehouse 13's webisode, where each webisode is joind, giving a start of
S00E02E03E04E05E06E07E08E09E10.flv

Each episode is titled: Of Monsters and Men: Chapter 1, Of Monsters and Men: Chapter 2 etc.

If I allow renaming with all multi-episode titles joined into the filename, this could cause a serious problem. ie: filename that exceeds 255 characters.

I think, for now, to leave it as Status Quo

This would make the filename too long.

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - bobrap - 2014-05-28

(2014-05-27, 23:08)vbat99 Wrote:
(2014-05-27, 19:54)vbat99 Wrote:

I see a problem, it'll be rare, but could be an issue.
Have a multi-episode file, with say only two episodes, the filename won't get too long, adding both episodes into the filename, ie: Hit (1) & Run (2)
But, what if there are more episodes. An example would be Warehouse 13's webisode, where each webisode is joind, giving a start of
S00E02E03E04E05E06E07E08E09E10.flv

Each episode is titled: Of Monsters and Men: Chapter 1, Of Monsters and Men: Chapter 2 etc.

If I allow renaming with all multi-episode titles joined into the filename, this could cause a serious problem. ie: filename that exceeds 255 characters.

I think, for now, to leave it as Status Quo

This would make the filename too long.

Not a problem...I'll let Sickbeard do the initial renaming. I now have another problem, but, I know it's on my end. I tried to redo my TV stuff and deleted all nfos and artwork. Now MC won't show any shows/episodes unless there is an nfo. Just looking for some suggestions before I reinstall windows. I even tried a fresh instal of MC. I do get this error message

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Media_Companion.DownloadCache.SaveImageToCache(String URL, String Path, Boolean ForceDownload)
at Media_Companion.DownloadCache.DownloadFileAndCache(String URL, String Path, Boolean ForceDownload, Int32 resizeFanart, String& strValue)
at Media_Companion.Utilities.DownloadTextFiles(String StartURL, Boolean ForceDownload)
at Media_Companion.TvShow.GetPossibleShows()
at Media_Companion.Form1.bckgrnd_tvshowscraper_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)

Appreciate all the help.

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - vbat99 - 2014-05-28

(2014-05-28, 00:17)bobrap Wrote: Not a problem...I'll let Sickbeard do the initial renaming. I now have another problem, but, I know it's on my end. I tried to redo my TV stuff and deleted all nfos and artwork. Now MC won't show any shows/episodes unless there is an nfo. Just looking for some suggestions before I reinstall windows. I even tried a fresh instal of MC. I do get this error message

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Media_Companion.DownloadCache.SaveImageToCache(String URL, String Path, Boolean ForceDownload)
at Media_Companion.DownloadCache.DownloadFileAndCache(String URL, String Path, Boolean ForceDownload, Int32 resizeFanart, String& strValue)
at Media_Companion.Utilities.DownloadTextFiles(String StartURL, Boolean ForceDownload)
at Media_Companion.Form1.bckgrnd_tvshowscraper_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)

Appreciate all the help.

Looking at that, it seems to be an issue with getting the show data from TVDB. Can you check you can browse to www.thetvdb.com?

Otherwise, I'd suggest deleting tvcache.xml, and the cache folder in Media Companion folder. Then, add one show at a time back into MC, till you find the one causing an issue.

All I can suggest right now.

(2014-05-28, 00:22)vbat99 Wrote:
(2014-05-28, 00:17)bobrap Wrote: Not a problem...I'll let Sickbeard do the initial renaming. I now have another problem, but, I know it's on my end. I tried to redo my TV stuff and deleted all nfos and artwork. Now MC won't show any shows/episodes unless there is an nfo. Just looking for some suggestions before I reinstall windows. I even tried a fresh instal of MC. I do get this error message

Appreciate all the help.

Looking at that, it seems to be an issue with getting the show data from TVDB. Can you check you can browse to www.thetvdb.com?

Otherwise, I'd suggest deleting tvcache.xml, and the cache folder in Media Companion folder. Then, add one show at a time back into MC, till you find the one causing an issue.

Thanks, appreciate it. Have to ask...next release date? Don't you just hate impatient people Tongue

Got some work to do on MC before I can get the next release out.

(2014-05-28, 00:22)vbat99 Wrote:

Appreciate all the help.

Did a complete reinstall of windows and MC. I can navigate to TVDB,but, I still get the same error. Any more ideas?

(2014-05-28, 01:58)bobrap Wrote: Did a complete reinstall of windows and MC. I can navigate to TVDB,but, I still get the same error. Any more ideas?

Strange. What occurrs adding one TV show to the separate folder list?

(2014-05-28, 03:48)vbat99 Wrote:
(2014-05-28, 01:58)bobrap Wrote: Did a complete reinstall of windows and MC. I can navigate to TVDB,but, I still get the same error. Any more ideas?

Strange. What occurrs adding one TV show to the separate folder list?

The same. If I add a show with the nfo exported from XBMC, the show shows up, But, I can't rescrape.

Error occurs when rescraping the TV Show, or an episode?