Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - vbat99 - 2014-05-29

Well, it could have been, but I was testing at my end and scraped a couple of shows.

That's just darn strange. Chalk it up to 'What the?'

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - blasty - 2014-05-29

One quick question. Is it possible to scrape file types like .m3u or m3u8? I tried but couldn't figure out how to do it. If it isn't possible, could it be added sometime in the future (maybe the option to enter and scrape whatever file type the user may choose)? With features like that I could stop using the scraper I'm using now for those types. I now use Media Companion for the majority of my scraping needs, and supplement with another scraper. I'd like to use just one if possible.

(2014-05-29, 20:46)blasty Wrote: One quick question. Is it possible to scrape file types like .m3u or m3u8? I tried but couldn't figure out how to do it. If it isn't possible, could it be added sometime in the future (maybe the option to enter and scrape whatever file type the user may choose)? With features like that I could stop using the scraper I'm using now for those types. I now use Media Companion for the majority of my scraping needs, and supplement with another scraper. I'd like to use just one if possible.

Does XBMC support scraping of m3u and or m3u8 files? I hadn't heard of playlists being scraped before.

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - blasty - 2014-05-29

I use m3u8's for some files so I can play the files in both XBMC and PotPlayer. I never tried scraping them with XBMC. I do all my scraping with a scraper program, because the first and only time I used XBMC's scraper things got totally screwed up (turns out my file naming wasn't all it should have been) I actually prefer to do it seperatly. Don't know why.

I can add m3u and m3u8 files to the list of possible files to scrape.

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - blasty - 2014-05-30

That would be cool. Thank You.

Edit.
Just got the PM. Thanks again.

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - Dirki - 2014-05-31

I have 2 such - VIDEO_TS - DVDs with 7 episodes on each one (14 episodes in total) of S.R.I:

http://www.fernsehserien.de/s-r-i-und-die-unheimlichen-faelle/episodenguide
or
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0195480/

What is the best way to name these 2 DVDs?

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - vbat99 - 2014-05-31

(2014-05-31, 21:38)Dirki Wrote: I have 2 such - VIDEO_TS - DVDs with 7 episodes on each one (14 episodes in total) of S.R.I:

http://www.fernsehserien.de/s-r-i-und-die-unheimlichen-faelle/episodenguide
or
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0195480/

What is the best way to name these 2 DVDs?

Two options
1. Split each episode out of the DVD to separate VOB files, and name it SxxExx accoring to season and episode number.
2., Name the video_TS folder SxxExxExxExx etc. I believe MC will scrape the folder name if the contents are a DVD. ie: S01E01E02E03E04E05E06E07

Personally I'd split to separate Vob files, that way each episode gets it's own thumbnail.

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - Dirki - 2014-05-31

Many thanks, vbat99,

OK, I will try it with version 2, so I can keep the DVD menu. Hope, that will work:
\Serien\S.R.I. und die unheimlichen Fälle\S.R.I DVD 1\S.R.I. s01e01e02e03e04e05e06e07\VIDEO_TS
\Serien\S.R.I. und die unheimlichen Fälle\S.R.I DVD 2\S.R.I. s01e08e09e10e11e12e13e14\VIDEO_TS

Many thanks again.

Hmm, does not work that way.

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - vbat99 - 2014-06-01

OK so multi episode doesn't work on folders.

Sorry then either option one or name the folder s01e01 and s01e08 and know there are 7 episodes under each entry

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - Dirki - 2014-06-01

OK, thank you, I will try then this renaming scheme.

Doesn't appear to work either: \Serien\S.R.I. und die unheimlichen Fälle\S.R.I. DVD 1\S.R.I. s01e01s01e02s01e03s01e04s01e05s01e06s01e07

Even with a file: \Serien\S.R.I. und die unheimlichen Fälle\S.R.I. DVD 1\S.R.I. s01e01s01e02s01e03s01e04s01e05s01e06s01e07.avi

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - vbat99 - 2014-06-01

Sorry, you've got the sequence wrong

Only put the season once, ie SxxExxExx etc, notice Sxx once, but repeat Exx for each episode,

But I believe either split the DVD into separate vob's for each episode
or
Only have the foldername S01E01 and S01E08 for the DVD structure.

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - Dirki - 2014-06-01

Yes, I had tried one of the XBMC naming schemes.

But I cannot get it to work either:
\Serien\S.R.I. und die unheimlichen Fälle\S.R.I. s01e08e09e10e11e12e13e14.avi

May be the best is to use disc files.

Many thanks again.

Ah, may be this series is not listed in one of the data bases at all.

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - ztrust - 2014-06-09

Hi

I would just like to ask if in the next release is an option to select witch plot to use because this with using the longest plot really looks bad on alot of movies here is what it uses now
Quote:A pseudo-orphaned semi-outcast since his father left his mammoth hunting tribe on a secret, prophecy-related mission, D'Leh grows up as protégé of master hunter Tic'Tic. Putting truth first, he sacrifices his cheater chance to win status and the charmed girl Evolet, who thus falls to his rival-buddy Ka'Ren. The couple is among the captives taken by horse-riding slave-hunters, but D'Leh takes charge of an epic rescue mission that follows the caravan all the way to the pyramid building site of a 'living god'. By winning the support of a people he impressed on the way thanks to a saber-tooth he once saved and secretly forging a slave rise, he bids for his people's liberation.
- Written by KGF Vissers
vs, prioty
Quote:A prehistoric epic that follows a young mammoth hunter named D'Leh's journey through uncharted territory to secure the future of his tribe. When a band of mysterious horse-riding warlords raid the Yaghal camp and kidnaps his heart's desire - the beautiful Evolet along with many others, D'Leh is forced to lead a small group of hunters south to pursue the warlords to the end of the world to save her. Driven by destiny, the unlikely band of warriors must battle saber-toothed cats and terror birds in the Levant.
- Written by Anthony Pereyra {[email protected]}
and that is the general rule prioty seems to be the best I really miss an option to select witch to use.

I have tried running mcm from a filebot utorrent postprocess script but mcm gives an error something about I cant run it from another headless program or some such mcm dont know wich button is pressed (I am sorry its been a while since I tried and all my MC related programs are on another machine but can try it again if you think you can help)
as always thank vbat
Ztrust

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - vbat99 - 2014-06-09

@ztrust

That will be a complex option to instigate, but might be doable. I'll add to feature request on the roadmap.

As for running on a headless system, I am not sure how one would go about that. If you can't run mc_com.exe then you may be out of luck.