Kodi Community Forum
[Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) (/showthread.php?tid=129499)

RE: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - DaVu - 2017-12-03

@robweber

I can also confirm the issue on Ubuntu 16.04. The log looks the same as  the one from skybird. If you want me to post my own, I will.

RE: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - Grifone1893 - 2017-12-03

(2017-12-02, 20:19)wags1 Wrote: I started getting the “backup error check log” message today. Strange thing is I’m not actually using the addon for anything and don’t have any backups running or scheduled. I get the error message every time I start Kodi. Only way to stop it is to disable the addon. Strange.
 Same here.

RE: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - fresonpower - 2017-12-03

Hi!

I’m getting this error too on all my Kodi devices.

Smile

RE: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - Menorca Man - 2017-12-03

KODI Backup v1.0.9

Suddenly started getting same error as everyone else "Backup error, check the log for more information" on both my devices (Minix X8H Pus running MinixXBMC 16.3 and Andoer USB Stick running Kodi 16.1). Let me know if you require yet another KODI log file. 

RE: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - jokeronparade - 2017-12-03

(2017-12-03, 14:46)Menorca Man Wrote: KODI Backup v10.0.9

Suddenly started getting same error as everyone else "Backup error, check the log for more information" on both my devices (Minix X8H Pus running MinixXBMC 16.3 and Andoer USB Stick running Kodi 16.1). Let me know if you require yet another KODI log file. 
Same error here.

RE: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - jambono - 2017-12-03

Same error here with krypton on Android 5 and 6 and on Krypton portable for Microsoft Windows too ... please help !

RE: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - Mount81 - 2017-12-03

Hello!

I have a problem with this add-on on KODI 16.1, I get the "Backup Error" pop-up message right after installation and every time I want to Run it. So I cant even start it, only it's config menu. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall it a couple of times, but I always get this same error. Could you give me a hint how to resolve this?

Here's the relevant error part from the kodi.log file:

16:47:50 T:2117597472   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
                                            Error Contents: No module named apiclient.discovery
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.xbmcbackup/scheduler.py", line 9, in <module>
                                                from resources.lib.backup import XbmcBackup
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.xbmcbackup/resources/lib/backup.py", line 7, in <module>
                                                from vfs import XBMCFileSystem,DropboxFileSystem,ZipFileSystem,GoogleDriveFilesystem
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.xbmcbackup/resources/lib/vfs.py", line 9, in <module>
                                                from pydrive.auth import GoogleAuth
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.xbmcbackup/resources/lib/pydrive/auth.py", line 6, in <module>
                                                from apiclient.discovery import build
                                            ImportError: No module named apiclient.discovery
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
16:48:14 T:2117597472   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
                                            Error Contents: No module named apiclient.discovery
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.xbmcbackup/default.py", line 4, in <module>
                                                from resources.lib.backup import XbmcBackup
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.xbmcbackup/resources/lib/backup.py", line 7, in <module>
                                                from vfs import XBMCFileSystem,DropboxFileSystem,ZipFileSystem,GoogleDriveFilesystem
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.xbmcbackup/resources/lib/vfs.py", line 9, in <module>
                                                from pydrive.auth import GoogleAuth
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.xbmcbackup/resources/lib/pydrive/auth.py", line 6, in <module>
                                                from apiclient.discovery import build
                                            ImportError: No module named apiclient.discovery
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

RE: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - Laurentwb - 2017-12-03

Removed

RE: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - greektycoon - 2017-12-03

same thing here on all platforms ...........................

and yes     script.xbmcbackup-1.0.2 zip  older version works

i also turned auto update for the addon off ........................

if you serch script.xbmcbackup-1.0.2 zip in google you will find 102 zip then install it .

(2017-12-03, 00:42)jeffshead Wrote:
(2017-12-02, 20:26)Blurayx Wrote:  I'm using the latest git release. It's working for me: https://github.com/robweber/xbmcbackup/ 

How do you install it from github?  
 Laurentwb  

Warning Level: 0%
#1,553
Less than 1

Hi all,

I have the same error and decided to installed the version from GitHub (see here up).
It works and is listed as version 1.1.0.

RE: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - wags1 - 2017-12-03

(2017-12-03, 20:04)Laurentwb Wrote:
(2017-12-03, 00:42)jeffshead Wrote:
(2017-12-02, 20:26)Blurayx Wrote:  I'm using the latest git release. It's working for me: https://github.com/robweber/xbmcbackup/ 

How do you install it from github?   
Laurentwb  

Warning Level: 0%#1,553
Less than 1

Hi all,

I have the same error and decided to installed the version from GitHub (see here up).
Hopefully it will get posted to the Kodi repo soon. I try to stay away from using GitHub versions and stick with the official releases from the Kodi repo.

(2017-12-03, 20:07)wags1 Wrote:
(2017-12-03, 20:04)Laurentwb Wrote:
(2017-12-03, 00:42)jeffshead Wrote: How do you install it from github?   
Laurentwb  

Warning Level: 0%#1,553
Less than 1

Hi all,

Hopefully it will get posted to the Kodi repo soon. I try to stay away from using GitHub versions and stick with the official releases from the Kodi repo. 
You can also replace with official version when it is out

RE: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - greektycoon - 2017-12-04

i have tested indago backup and it has issues too ........  error at final backup anyone  can also confirm ..... 17.6 kodi

RE: [Release] XBMC Backup - bisao82 - 2017-12-04

(2012-04-26, 04:00)robweber Wrote:
(2012-04-26, 03:36)paddycarey Wrote: I took a quick stab at writing something to solve the walk problem and i came up with this https://github.com/paddycarey/script.module.devtoolkit/blob/master/lib/DevToolkit/vfs.py

it's still rough round the edges but i'll fix it up as best i can

if you just drop it in your addon for now (until i get the module shipshape), do a:
Code:
import vfs as xbmcvfs

and you should now have all the functionality of xbmcvfs plus a walk and listdir method which should work on local or remote shares 

That is really great - thank you for taking this on! Am I understanding the comparepathlists() function correctly? The way it looks to me is that by giving it two paths, say C:\xbmc\userdata\ and nfs:\\192.168.1.102\foo\xbmc\userdata it will return the common directory of "xbmc\userdata". Is that right?

I was working on the code snippet you gave me but this is much better than the one or two functions I would have done. I like the idea of making it a comprehensive module for extending xbmcvfs. I should get around to integrating this with the backup addon within a day or two. I'm watching your repo so as you improve it I can keep up. 
Hi, I followed your instruction and now I have the version 1.1.0. without error opening Kodi.
I'm able to do a backup but when I try to restore the system can't see any backup.
In the folder I set I can see the backup created.
C:\Downloads\kodi\201712040951
both addons and userdata folders.

RE: [Release] XBMC Backup - bisao82 - 2017-12-04

(2017-12-04, 10:55)bisao82 Wrote:
(2012-04-26, 04:00)robweber Wrote:
(2012-04-26, 03:36)paddycarey Wrote: I took a quick stab at writing something to solve the walk problem and i came up with this https://github.com/paddycarey/script.module.devtoolkit/blob/master/lib/DevToolkit/vfs.py

it's still rough round the edges but i'll fix it up as best i can

if you just drop it in your addon for now (until i get the module shipshape), do a:
Code:
import vfs as xbmcvfs

and you should now have all the functionality of xbmcvfs plus a walk and listdir method which should work on local or remote shares  

That is really great - thank you for taking this on! Am I understanding the comparepathlists() function correctly? The way it looks to me is that by giving it two paths, say C:\xbmc\userdata\ and nfs:\\192.168.1.102\foo\xbmc\userdata it will return the common directory of "xbmc\userdata". Is that right?

I was working on the code snippet you gave me but this is much better than the one or two functions I would have done. I like the idea of making it a comprehensive module for extending xbmcvfs. I should get around to integrating this with the backup addon within a day or two. I'm watching your repo so as you improve it I can keep up.  
Hi, I followed your instruction and now I have the version 1.1.0. without error opening Kodi.
I'm able to do a backup but when I try to restore the system can't see any backup.
In the folder I set I can see the backup created.
C:\Downloads\kodi\201712040951
both addons and userdata folders. 
 Mistake from my side, sorry, It works fine  Wink