Kodi Community Forum
[Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) (/showthread.php?tid=129499)

RE: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - DarrenHill - 2019-10-15

Correct. The official Matrix repo has also now been created so that Python3 addons can be pushed to it.

It's a fairly major breaking change as you say, but one that needs to be done with Python2 becoming end of life quite soon.

See this board section and the threads in it for more details.

RE: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - Ethancarter233 - 2019-10-24

Hi,

I just found this forum. Hello everyone !

I tried to backup my KODI settings from Backup addon with my Xiaomi Box.
The goal was to install kodi on another Xiaomi Box with same settings.

I did not encounter any problems to save.

On the other hand, I cannot restore from another Xiaomi Mi Box. On the new device I only installed Kodi, Backup addon and the save zip. When I start to restore, I get the message "Backup error - check log for more information"....

Can you help me ?

Thanks.

RE: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - robweber - 2019-10-28

(2019-10-24, 23:33)Ethancarter233 Wrote: Hi,

On the other hand, I cannot restore from another Xiaomi Mi Box. On the new device I only installed Kodi, Backup addon and the save zip. When I start to restore, I get the message "Backup error - check log for more information"....

Can you help me ?

Thanks.

Can you upload a copy of the log file?

RE: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - Klojum - 2019-10-28

(2019-10-24, 23:33)Ethancarter233 Wrote: Can you help me ?
(2019-10-28, 00:53)robweber Wrote: Can you upload a copy of the log file?

That means, providing the log file via a pastebin website. Smile
We prefer to keep our forum lean wherever possible.

RE: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - robweber - 2019-10-30

(2019-10-24, 23:33)Ethancarter233 Wrote: Hi,

Can you help me ?

Thanks.

I replied pretty quickly as I was in a hurry. I believe this addon works as an easy way to upload the file and get the URL to post here: https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Kodi_Logfile_Uploader

RE: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - ykhehra1 - 2019-10-30

I updated to leia and i am also getting error on restore whether backup is created by old version or in Leia with updated version ( it still create backup file without probblem). Using on Nexus Player Android TV (x86) Oreo (v8).
Error:
Error Type: <class 'zipfile.BadZipfile'>
                                            Error Contents: File is not a zip file

Log file>> log file

RE: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - robweber - 2019-10-31

(2019-10-30, 19:36)ykhehra1 Wrote: I updated to leia and i am also getting error on restore whether backup is created by old version or in Leia with updated version ( it still create backup file without probblem). Using on Nexus Player Android TV (x86) Oreo (v8).
Error:
                                            Error Contents: File is not a zip file

Log file>> log file
Just to be clear you're backing up with at least 1.1.3 or earlier and then restoring using version 1.1.3 or earlier right? Backing up and restoring with versions after 1.1.3 (currently available on Github only) are not compatible. The file structure post 1.1.3 has changed. 

If that is the case I think you might be prone to an issue many people are seeing with Android systems when using the zip file option. I'm really not sure if it's the size of the file that's the problem or just something about the architecture of the OS. In tests I've done I've never been able to reproduce it but people ask about it enough I know it's a real thing. The only work around I've ever seen work reliably is to extract the zip file yourself and do the restore using the non-zip option. You'll notice in the log information the error is being thrown by the actual python zipfile.py library. We know the zip is valid and since it's a bundled lib there isn't a lot I can do. 

If anyone gave a better explanation for the cause I'd be grateful but it doesn't appear to affect other architecture types.

RE: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - ykhehra1 - 2019-11-02

what i read i guess it is something something not compatible with Android 32bit. Anyways, I unzipped and copied. Thanks for keeping the plugin alive

RE: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - Skirge01 - 2019-11-20

I'm having an issue with the restore of "User Addons" backups created with this and I'm fairly certain it's due to the zip file being 1GB+.  I'm running 17.6 (the 3D MVC build) and have been getting the following error:

Code:
22:04:38.594 T:7296  NOTICE: script.xbmcbackup-1.1.3: Mode - Restore
22:04:38.595 T:7296  NOTICE: script.xbmcbackup-1.1.3: copying zip file: 201901282000.zip
22:04:38.595 T:7296  NOTICE: script.xbmcbackup-1.1.3: Writing files to: C:/Users/George/AppData/Roaming/Kodi/cache/
22:04:38.595 T:7296  NOTICE: script.xbmcbackup-1.1.3: Source: C:/temp/
22:04:38.595 T:7296   DEBUG: script.xbmcbackup-1.1.3: Writing file: C:\temp\201901282000.zip
22:04:38.595 T:7296   ERROR: XFILE::CFile:: Delete - Error deleting file C:\Users\George\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\cache\201901282000.zip
22:04:38.702 T:10580    INFO: : QUERYING DATABASE
22:04:38.722 T:1828   ERROR: Window Translator: Can't find window videolibrary
22:04:53.869 T:7296   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Contents: Bad magic number for central directory
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\George\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.xbmcbackup\default.py", line 73, in <module>
                                                backup.run(mode)
                                              File "C:\Users\George\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.xbmcbackup\resources\lib\backup.py", line 312, in run
                                                zip_vfs = ZipFileSystem(xbmc.translatePath("special://temp/"+ self.restore_point),'r')
                                              File "C:\Users\George\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.xbmcbackup\resources\lib\vfs.py", line 88, in __init__
                                                self.zip = zipfile.ZipFile(rootString,mode=mode,compression=zipfile.ZIP_DEFLATED,allowZip64=True)
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\zipfile.py", line 770, in __init__
                                                self._RealGetContents()
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\zipfile.py", line 842, in _RealGetContents
                                                raise BadZipfile("Bad magic number for central directory")
                                            BadZipfile: Bad magic number for central directory
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

I've tried every combination of backup options to see which part(s) might be failing and the exact same error only happens when I backup "User Addons" WITH compression.  On my Kodi installation, this always results in a zip file over 1GB; all other backup options result in zip files under 1GB on my system.  If I include artwork, this could grow to 5GB+.  If I unzip the compressed backup this addon created to its own folder (just like the addon would do with compression disabled), I can restore it without any issues.  I have tested this using a network share, as well as on a local drive (as shown above).  Let me know if I can provide any additional data.

RE: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - robweber - 2019-11-22

@Skirge01  - this sounds really similar to this issue on GitHub. I haven't tried the suggested fix but it may work for you. https://github.com/robweber/xbmcbackup/issues/158

RE: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - robweber - 2019-11-22

With the Matrix repo now active I've stopped trying to make the addon python 2/3 compatible and am shooting just for python3 for inclusion in the Matrix repo only. I currently have a working test version of this on GitHub in the master branch. Anyone on Matrix test builds that want to give it a try, download the zip from GitHub. I have some cleanup work yet to do but should have it ready soon. 

Do note that I removed support for Google Drive in this build. I had a hard time getting compatible libraries for Python3 and plan on revisiting this at a later date. Sorry for anyone using this right now.

RE: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - Skirge01 - 2019-11-23

(2019-11-22, 23:06)robweber Wrote: @Skirge01  - this sounds really similar to this issue on GitHub. I haven't tried the suggested fix but it may work for you. https://github.com/robweber/xbmcbackup/issues/158
I appreciate the reply, but I'm not a coder.  The suggested fix says to 'import into' backup.py.  I first attempted replacing the existing backup.py, but that didn't work.  Do you know if this code needs to be inserted into the beginning of the existing backup.py file or something else needs to be done?  Thanks!

RE: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - robweber - 2019-11-23

(2019-11-23, 17:21)Skirge01 Wrote:
(2019-11-22, 23:06)robweber Wrote: @Skirge01  - this sounds really similar to this issue on GitHub. I haven't tried the suggested fix but it may work for you. https://github.com/robweber/xbmcbackup/issues/158
I appreciate the reply, but I'm not a coder.  The suggested fix says to 'import into' backup.py.  I first attempted replacing the existing backup.py, but that didn't work.  Do you know if this code needs to be inserted into the beginning of the existing backup.py file or something else needs to be done?  Thanks! 

I don't have time right this moment but in the next day or so I'll make the changes as indicated in the Github link and publish a ZIP you can download and try. Will that work? Won't take me long. I'm hesitant to make that particular fix a part of the addon for everyone as it involves replacing the default python zipfile.py file with a custom one. I don't want any unintended consequences.

RE: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - Skirge01 - 2019-11-24

(2019-11-23, 23:49)robweber Wrote:

I don't have time right this moment but in the next day or so I'll make the changes as indicated in the Github link and publish a ZIP you can download and try. Will that work? Won't take me long. I'm hesitant to make that particular fix a part of the addon for everyone as it involves replacing the default python zipfile.py file with a custom one. I don't want any unintended consequences. 
Whenever you have the time, that would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks so much.

RE: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - NetworkGuy - 2019-11-25

(2019-11-23, 23:49)robweber Wrote:

Hi Rob, I appreciate all you have done with the Backup add-on. I am also not a coder, so earlier when you said I could grab an update from Github, I was not sure what to do with the update. I have a ShieldTV (Android TV) -- I am sure there is a way to apply the update, but I am not sure what that way entails. Anything you can suggest is appreciated. Otherwise, I am happy to wait until there is an update which can be applied within Kodi itself.

Thank again, Rob!