Kodi Community Forum
[Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) (/showthread.php?tid=129499)

RE: [Release] XBMC Backup - robweber - 2012-12-29

(2012-12-28, 02:21)SFX Group Wrote: I dont use dropbox, for me i am not worried, would there not be a way to put this key as an input field?

That's exactly how I was thinking of doing it. Just an additional text field in the settings when selecting the Dropbox option.

(2012-12-28, 13:27)vijayk416 Wrote: Hi Rob, this looks like a great add on - can I use it for migrating from Eden to Frodo?

I would definitely recommend using this addon to backup all of you Eden data before upgrading to Frodo. This way if something goes wrong you have the original files. Upgrading to Frodo will create new database files and update your image cache.

(2012-12-28, 13:35)schumi2004 Wrote: In the past i suggested to have an option for a custom folder to backup, is this still on the todo list or is it dropped?

Yes, this is still on the feature list. Please refer to the last couple paragraphs of this post - http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=129499&pid=1265284#pid1265284 - for a more comprehensive explanation.

RE: [Release] XBMC Backup - vijayk416 - 2012-12-29

(2012-12-29, 02:45)robweber Wrote:
(2012-12-28, 13:27)vijayk416 Wrote: Hi Rob, this looks like a great add on - can I use it for migrating from Eden to Frodo?

I would definitely recommend using this addon to backup all of you Eden data before upgrading to Frodo. This way if something goes wrong you have the original files. Upgrading to Frodo will create new database files and update your image cache.
Beauty, thanks. The last time I upgraded I tried to do a backup it was a big mess. Ultimately the backup didn't work and everything was blown away - it took me ages to redo all of my settings. I run OpenELEC because I am not savvy enough for manual system tweaking but this was one of the few things OE was lacking on, so I really do appreciate you plugging the gap with this.

One more question - on the Dropbox functionality, what are you referring to with the API piece? Do I need to do something to enable this from my end? I have a Dropbox account, I'd just need to know if I need to modify a setting or acquire a code of some sort.

RE: [Release] XBMC Backup - vijayk416 - 2012-12-29

I am not having any success running this addon when writing to a usb key. Can you please look into this when you get a chance?

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=24729

Let me know if you require any other log files.

RE: [Release] XBMC Backup - robweber - 2012-12-30

(2012-12-29, 23:07)vijayk416 Wrote: I am not having any success running this addon when writing to a usb key. Can you please look into this when you get a chance?

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=24729

Let me know if you require any other log files.

Your errors are coming from your configuration. According to this line:

Code:
self.remote_vfs = DropboxFileSystem()

you're getting an error trying to create the Dropbox file system. This only gets executed if you've selected Dropbox as the storage target - and as of right now this is not working properly. If you configure the addon to write to a another storage destination you won't see this error (Addon Settings -> Remote Path Type). If you wanted to write to Dropbox please wait a few days, I hope to have a fix out for this soon.

RE: [Release] XBMC Backup - vijayk416 - 2012-12-31

Very weird, I had Dropbox selected originally but since then moved it to a USB key using the browse function, so it really shouldn't be referring to Dropbox. Perhaps I grabbed the wrong debug file. I'll wait until the new version though since it is imminent. Thanks for checking.

RE: [Release] XBMC Backup - ady199 - 2012-12-31

Can anyone please help me?

I made a backup of my XBMC using XBMC Backup 0.2.3 on Eden - I've now upgraded to Frodo RC2 and have noticed that XBMC backup has now been updated to version to 0.3.0 - I have gone into Add-ons and have tried to configure a restore but I no longer see this option - Help!!!! I need to restore my 0.2.3 backup - is it possible??

(I run XBMC on a ATV2)

Thanks in advance

RE: [Release] XBMC Backup - robweber - 2012-12-31

(2012-12-31, 19:53)ady199 Wrote: Can anyone please help me?

I made a backup of my XBMC using XBMC Backup 0.2.3 on Eden - I've now upgraded to Frodo RC2 and have noticed that XBMC backup has now been updated to version to 0.3.0 - I have gone into Add-ons and have tried to configure a restore but I no longer see this option - Help!!!! I need to restore my 0.2.3 backup - is it possible??

(I run XBMC on a ATV2)

Thanks in advance

The "flow" of the program has changed from Eden to Frodo. In the addon settings you can configure your source and files to backup/restore. When you run the addon you'll get a prompt for Backup or Restore and can select the appropriate action from there. If Restoring it will pull in the backup directories and let you choose the correct one based on the date you want to restore from.

RE: [Release] XBMC Backup - matt77303 - 2013-01-01

Hi rob, is it possible to bypass the backup/restore option when the program launches?

im trying to set everything up with gifties the scheduler addon, when i add xbmc backup in to run at a certain time it will just pop with that box and do nothing?

or could you tell me a version that works with frodo that didnt have that menu at the start, im sure it hasnt always been there?

Thanks Matt

RE: [Release] XBMC Backup - robweber - 2013-01-01

(2013-01-01, 19:52)matt77303 Wrote: Hi rob, is it possible to bypass the backup/restore option when the program launches?

im trying to set everything up with gifties the scheduler addon, when i add xbmc backup in to run at a certain time it will just pop with that box and do nothing?

or could you tell me a version that works with frodo that didnt have that menu at the start, im sure it hasnt always been there?

Thanks Matt

I hadn't ever seen that scheduler service before, thanks for pointing it out. It is very similar to an addon I had going a while back. I PM'd giftie in case he can use any of the cron expression syntax from my addon in his implementation.

Instead of scheduling xbmc backup as part of the service scheduler, why not just use the scheduler that comes with xbmc backup? You're not saving any cpu or efficiency using one over the other (there may be some differences in timer code which may or may not make things more efficient but we'll ignore those). The scheduler service built into xbmc backup runs whether you use it or not, it has to as it must start with xbmc and be available in the event you ever schedule a backup. If you don't think there are enough options in the scheduling portion I can always add more flexibility there.

RE: [Release] XBMC Backup - matt77303 - 2013-01-01

Hi rob,

Its not anything against your scheduling part of xbmcbackup, i just like the idea of having all scheduled things in one place. Infact your cron program worked very well for me.

The only options i could thing of would be custom scripts launching, ie the ability to launch script.artwork.downloader or what ever.

The only reason im using gifties instead of yours is the abilty to launch cdart updates via the scheduler.

Matt

RE: [Release] XBMC Backup - vijayk416 - 2013-01-04

Still getting an error when trying to backup:
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=25774

AW: [Release] XBMC Backup - Michi1979 - 2013-01-04

Version 0.3.3 is online :-)

RE: [Release] XBMC Backup - robweber - 2013-01-04

(2013-01-04, 02:55)vijayk416 Wrote: Still getting an error when trying to backup:
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=25774

The error message indicates that the necessary functions in the xbmcvfs module are not present in your version of XBMC. Since you provided a full log file (thank you!), I can see that you are running a version of OpenELEC based on XBMC 11.0 GIT:a6df109, built on Oct 15 of 2012. In short, you are running a version of the xbmc backup addon on a system that is too old for it. The backup addon was split into Frodo and Eden builds because there are several features of XBMC 12.0 that do not exist in XBMC 11.0. Based on the file path of the addon (/storage/.xbmc/addons/xbmcbackup-master) I'm guessing you installed this addon manually and did not download it from the XBMC repo.

If you want the latest changes for your version of XBMC, you'll need to download from the Eden branch on my github repo for this addon, or pull from the official XBMC repo as the correct build for each system is always posted there. It will have the correct library calls to function correctly with XBMC Eden.

RE: [Release] XBMC Backup - robweber - 2013-01-04

(2013-01-01, 22:40)matt77303 Wrote: Hi rob,

Its not anything against your scheduling part of xbmcbackup, i just like the idea of having all scheduled things in one place. Infact your cron program worked very well for me.

The only options i could thing of would be custom scripts launching, ie the ability to launch script.artwork.downloader or what ever.

The only reason im using gifties instead of yours is the abilty to launch cdart updates via the scheduler.

Matt

I added the ability to send parameters to the script via a JSON or RunScript command in xbmc. I added notes to the README in more detail but the basics of it are that you can now execute something along the lines of RunScript(script.xbmcbackup,backup) to launch a backup directly. The addon you references uses the xbmc.executebuiltin function so this should be what you were looking for in regards to custom scheduling.

These changes are committed to github but not in the xbmc repo. I'm waiting for the translation service to catch up before submitting another pull request, if you're in a hurry just grab from git.

RE: [Release] XBMC Backup - fernandovg - 2013-01-04

Hi! Can you add an option to backup the ssh folder with the authorized_keys files?

thanks!