Kodi Community Forum
[Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) (/showthread.php?tid=129499)

RE: [Release] XBMC Backup - THRobinson - 2013-12-11

Maybe... though, I'm sure I did a restore before... though not 100% sure if I did a combo of this addon and the export/import or just the add-on.

I know I switched file locations a while back and did the export/import so I could switch around drive letters, but, was certain I did a restore after that using the add-on.

Easy fix at least, just copy/pasted the file over and all good again.

EDIT - Spoke too soon... seems to have fixed about 90% of the issue. Some items are missing like a poster or a background. Haven't seen anything missing both yet. If I click to choose new art... it shows the Poster, if I pick it, it stays blank, if I pick something new it shows. If I pick something new, then go back and pick the old one, it goes blank again. If I refresh the item, makes no difference. Maybe one of those things that will fix itself in a day or so... XBMC developer in another thread told me when I wanted to refresh a few thumbs that usually in about 24 hours it refreshes. So, will leave it for a day or two and see.

EDIT (Part Deux) - Still no change. Went to my c:\...\userdata folder and wiped it out, did a straight copy/paste from the backup, started up XBMC and same deal... 90% works, but 10% are missing either a background or a poster. Keeping the backup file in case someone has a solution, but otherwise uninstalling XBMC, installing, restoring my addons/settings and scraping the entire library again. I think from now on, I'll run a backup and an export. Sad

RE: [Release] XBMC Backup - ashsha - 2013-12-12

Hello,

Please help......:

My computer crashed last night so i had to restored everything to factory default.I download xmbc again on computer, mapped fusion and xunity.

I am trying to restored xbmc using my back up files that are stored on flash drive.

when i click on back up and restored, xbmc is unable to find the restore point. The configuration on the back as follow. I also have xbmcbackup.val file on it.

Under General, i have the following selected

Remote path: Browse Path
Browse Remote path: E:\20131210

Under file selection everything is selected EXCEPT Customer directory 1 and 2.

i also copied the back up files from flash drive to my C drive and tried to restored using C drive path and it is the same issue.

I am sure i am doing something, please help.
Thank you

RE: [Release] XBMC Backup - robweber - 2013-12-12

Don't map the path to the backup folder. Map it one directory up from that. The addon is designed so that you point it to the root path of where you want your backups and it writes sub-folders for each restore point. When doing a restore it does the reverse, it looks in that directory for folders that it has created. Just set the path as E:\ and it will find the restore points.

RE: [Release] XBMC Backup - ashsha - 2013-12-12

Awesome! It worked.Smile

Thank you so much!!!!! I am still learning, only my 2nd week using xbmc.

So if i were to restored it from my C:\, than i would only set the pat as C:\ and it would find the right file?

Thank you again!

RE: [Release] XBMC Backup - robweber - 2013-12-13

(2013-12-12, 23:45)ashsha Wrote: Awesome! It worked.Smile

Thank you so much!!!!! I am still learning, only my 2nd week using xbmc.

So if i were to restored it from my C:\, than i would only set the pat as C:\ and it would find the right file?

Thank you again!

Yes, I think. If you mean if you backed-up your files to your C:\ drive then yes that is correct. For a flash drive using the root of the drive is fine but on a local drive like your C:\ drive I'd make a folder called "backups" or something and use that, your C:\ drive will be cluttered with a bunch of dated folders every time you make a backup.

Restores will always put the files back in whatever location xbmc is using to store your user files. On windows this is typically C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Xbmc\ For other systems check the wiki, there is a comprehensive list of default data locations there.

RE: [Release] XBMC Backup - mixpc - 2013-12-15

Hello,

Could you please have a look into this issue and give some hint? That'd be greatly appreciated.

Shared folder J:\XbianShared in my desktop computer running Win7 though a local WiFi connection, assigned 192.168.0.193
In order to create Xbian backups I created a shared Backup folder, so...
J:\XbianShared\Backup

Raspberry Pi running Xbian Alpha0.5, assigned 192.168.0.195
XBMC Backup (can't remember the version) add-on installed
XBMC Config set as:
Remote Path Type - Type path
Type Remote path - smb://192.168.0.193/XbianShared/Backups

I created a backup with XBMC Backup and the backup was created successfully:
J:\XbianShared\Backups\20131214
including xbmcbackup.val

Today I have installed Xbian's latest version 1.0Beta2, assigned again 192.168.0.195 by the router
And installed XBMC Backup latest version 0.4.3 from Add-ons - Programs
XBMC Config, again, set as:

Before proceeding I have made a backup of Xbian 1.0Beta2 with XBMC Backup and it has been created successfully:
J:\XbianShared\Backups\20131215
again, including xbmcbackup.val

So I have two backup folders belonging to settings from two different releases, respectively, being the goal restoring my tailored add-on settings from Alpha0.5 into 1.0Beta2. The two backup processes have run flawlessly Smile However, when I try to restore - obviously I'm in 1.0Beta2 -, the "XBMC Backup - Backup folder name" window does not display any folder (either 20131214 or 20131215) to restore from Sad

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated... Huh

RE: [Release] XBMC Backup - rextoba - 2013-12-18

(2013-11-03, 22:19)robweber Wrote: [quote='abeltman' pid='1539471' dateline='1383166038']
Oh yes... forgot to mention that... Frodo indeed.

Thanks!

Had some time to test this the other day. I started with a clean install of the XBMC Backup addon. Walking through the process I had no problems getting Dropbox authorized and starting the backup. Here are the steps I followed:

1) Set the dropbox secret and key from my developer account into the addon
2) start the addon and choose backup
3) when prompted find the Dropbox Authorize URL in the xbmc.log file
4) paste this url into a browser and clicke "allow" when prompted. Doesn't need to be on the same computer
5) Click OK on the XBMC GUI

From your description it doesn't sound like the authorization process ever completed between the addon and Dropbox.

Hi there, I've been trying to set up back up to dropbox and can't get past #3). How can I send or see a logfile when I still have the box that says to click ok after the URL Authorize. If I click OK I get a script error and then if I upload the log and get the authorize url and paste it into the browser it goes to dropbox but says its expired. How can I get the Authorize URL without the click ok after authorized box getting closed? Please help as I need to be able to do this on several setups I have.
Thanks in advance.

I'm on a W7 laptop btw.

RE: [Release] XBMC Backup - robweber - 2013-12-18

@mixpc - make sure you set the restore path on the system you are trying to run the restore on to the root of those folders. Example: E:\Backups\ not E:\Backups\20131210\

@rextoba - on Win 7 I would recommend running xbmc in windowed mode for this setup. when you see the "Authorize Drobpox" prompt, minimize xbmc (don't click OK) find the log file in C:\users\username\AppData\Roaming\xbmc\ and cut/paste the url you find there into a webbrowser. once you login to dropbox then go back and click OK in xbmc. This is a one-time thing.

Thank you so much. I'll try when I get home.

RE: [Release] XBMC Backup - mixpc - 2013-12-20

@robweber: Thanks for your reply. Please, mind I think I have the add-on properly configured:

Quote:XBMC Config set as:

And backups are being successfully created like...

J:\XbianShared\Backup\20131211
J:\XbianShared\Backup\20131212
and so on.

So I am at a loss, really. Because if backups are ok and restoring settings ok, restoring should be ok too... Huh

Regards!

[Release] XBMC Backup - ktjensen - 2013-12-20

Am a beginner at this plugin so bare with me. Assume I can use it to clone all my XBMC settings? Including my library? And all my ARTIST artwork that has been imported by XBMC?

RE: [Release] XBMC Backup - bry - 2013-12-20

feeling a bit thick right now ... where do I get the dropbox "secret" and "key" ?

I logged into my account and looked for the API etc ..

RE: [Release] XBMC Backup - robweber - 2013-12-23

(2013-12-20, 00:56)mixpc Wrote: @robweber: Thanks for your reply. Please, mind I think I have the add-on properly configured:

Quote:XBMC Config set as:

And backups are being successfully created like...

J:\XbianShared\Backup\20131211
J:\XbianShared\Backup\20131212
and so on.

So I am at a loss, really. Because if backups are ok and restoring settings ok, restoring should be ok too... Huh

Regards!

Can't do much more with this without a debug log of you attempting a restore.

(2013-12-20, 10:45)ktjensen Wrote: Am a beginner at this plugin so bare with me. Assume I can use it to clone all my XBMC settings? Including my library? And all my ARTIST artwork that has been imported by XBMC?

Alot of this depends on how you have setup your systems, but I'll give it a hesitant "yes". If you are using an out-of-the-box setup for xbmc (ie, no mysql database or other customizations) this addon will help you transfer all your user settings from one xbmc instance to another. it is not meant as a "synchronizer" to keep things constantly the same, but is instead for an easy way to restore all your addon/addon data/setting etc.

Quick note about artwork. With the image caching system used by Frodo and above xbmc will automatically find artwork once you copy the database files. Copying the artwork specifically is no longer necessary, but can be a nice timesaver.

(2013-12-20, 20:28)bry- Wrote: feeling a bit thick right now ... where do I get the dropbox "secret" and "key" ?

I logged into my account and looked for the API etc ..

You need to go to http://www.dropbox.com/developers and register for your own developer account to get a key and secret. Read the "Using Dropbox" part of the README file for more info https://github.com/robweber/xbmcbackup

RE: [Release] XBMC Backup - jhonny30 - 2013-12-25

Just to be sure why this happened?!
Before installing 12.3 i made a backup and when installed 12.3 i restored...
I had to redo a lot of settings after that whitch don't seem to have been restored by the backup...
Like some folders which i excluded from "library update", they suddenly have been scanned again after the restore. Also my artwork that i have been selecting for my tvshows for the last weeks have all been changed... They haven't been restored by xbmc backup??
Also the display of tvshows and movies in the different pannels haven't been restored to previous version...
Just noticed that even the watched/unwatched count was not restored??
Is this normal?
Thanks for the checkup