Kodi Community Forum
[Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) (/showthread.php?tid=129499)

RE: [Release] XBMC Backup - robweber - 2014-05-15

Once you've configured everything in the addon settings just run the addon by clicking on it (or hitting enter, or whichever your input method is). You'll get a prompt for Backup or Restore, you can run either manually at any time.

RE: [Release] XBMC Backup - schumi2004 - 2014-05-16

@robweber
Is it possible for the addon to select hidden folders for custom paths?
Currently it doesn't

/edit:
Found an issue when making a backup
Code:
10:41:09 T:139690153850624  NOTICE: script.xbmcbackup-0.5.2: Source: /storage/.xbmc/
10:47:38 T:139690153850624   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IOError'>
                                            Error Contents: (24, 'Too many open files', u'/storage/.xbmc/addons/xbmc.repo.leopold/Thumbs.db')
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.xbmcbackup/default.py", line 69, in <module>
                                                backup.run(mode)
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.xbmcbackup/resources/lib/backup.py", line 208, in run
                                                self.backupFiles(fileGroup['files'],self.xbmc_vfs,self.remote_vfs)
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.xbmcbackup/resources/lib/backup.py", line 343, in backupFiles
                                                dest.put(aFile,dest.root_path + aFile[len(source.root_path):])
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.xbmcbackup/resources/lib/vfs.py", line 161, in put
                                                return self.put(source,dest)
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.xbmcbackup/resources/lib/vfs.py", line 161, in put
                                                return self.put(source,dest)
last line repeats itself 800 times!!!

RE: [Release] XBMC Backup - robweber - 2014-05-16

I think I know where that error is coming from, but before I try and do anything about it I need to know a few things. Based on the line numbers in the error message I have a few deductions but I want to confirm.

1) You are running a backup, not a restore
2) Your target is a dropbox target

If these are true then I think I can play with it a little, if not then I have no idea and I'll need the full log.

Regarding the hidden folders. I don't think this is possible. Much of the underlying filesystem interaction happens through the xbmcvfs python module. The listdir() function does not appear to take any arguments other than the path of the directory. Since this is calling an underlying C function within XBMC it could just be that the xbmc file system doesn't see hidden files in general.

There is a setting in Settings->Appearance->FilesLists that lets you toggle hidden files and folders. This is just speculation but enabling this may allow the directory listing functions to return the hidden files. This appears to be a global setting so it would make sense that it would apply to anything using those same functions. Might be worth a try to see if you get the desired behavior.

RE: [Release] XBMC Backup - schumi2004 - 2014-05-16

(2014-05-16, 15:11)robweber Wrote: I think I know where that error is coming from, but before I try and do anything about it I need to know a few things. Based on the line numbers in the error message I have a few deductions but I want to confirm.

1) You are running a backup, not a restore
2) Your target is a dropbox target

If these are true then I think I can play with it a little, if not then I have no idea and I'll need the full log.
Both are true.

Quote:Regarding the hidden folders. I don't think this is possible. Much of the underlying filesystem interaction happens through the xbmcvfs python module. The listdir() function does not appear to take any arguments other than the path of the directory. Since this is calling an underlying C function within XBMC it could just be that the xbmc file system doesn't see hidden files in general.

There is a setting in Settings->Appearance->FilesLists that lets you toggle hidden files and folders. This is just speculation but enabling this may allow the directory listing functions to return the hidden files. This appears to be a global setting so it would make sense that it would apply to anything using those same functions. Might be worth a try to see if you get the desired behavior.
True also, thanks.
Why didn't I think of that myself, i know that option is there but overlooked at it i think.

RE: [Release] XBMC Backup - ubuntuaddicted - 2014-05-17

is there a way for the backup to only keep 1 weeks worth of backups and then delete backup folders older than that? my backup folder is full of folders for every day of the week. thanks

RE: [Release] XBMC Backup - robweber - 2014-05-17

@schumi2004 - thanks. I'll look into that issue and post back here.

@ubuntuaddicted - Would setting the backup rotation to 7 do the trick? Assuming you are backing up each day that would keep a full week.

RE: [Release] XBMC Backup - martinjh99 - 2014-05-26

Does this backup your favourites and your watched details as where you are in a video file?

I am going to be moving my library from c:\media to a server and was wondering if this would keep the above details.

If so do you need to scrape the libraries first then restore?

RE: [Release] XBMC Backup - pinelights - 2014-05-29

Hey i have a question for the XBMC backup addon:

Suppose i had a windows machine and i made a backup. I store the file on a thumb drive. Can i then restore all settings with this file on say a new machine running Ubuntu?

RE: [Release] XBMC Backup - brandytrop - 2014-05-29

Hey guys,
using this add-on for a long time and successfully - thanks for that!

Now I wanted to move to Dropbox instead of a "local" file. However, I'm using the 2-step verification function of Dropbox (log in with an authenticator app or mobile phone text). Is this somehow supported by the add-on?

Cheers,
David

RE: [Release] XBMC Backup - robweber - 2014-05-29

(2014-05-29, 06:50)pinelights Wrote: Hey i have a question for the XBMC backup addon:

Suppose i had a windows machine and i made a backup. I store the file on a thumb drive. Can i then restore all settings with this file on say a new machine running Ubuntu?

Yes, that should work. As long as you reconfigure the addon on your new machine to point to the flash drive there aren't any platform specific files on it.

(2014-05-29, 12:48)brandytrop Wrote: Hey guys,
using this add-on for a long time and successfully - thanks for that!

Now I wanted to move to Dropbox instead of a "local" file. However, I'm using the 2-step verification function of Dropbox (log in with an authenticator app or mobile phone text). Is this somehow supported by the add-on?

Cheers,
David

Not sure how that affects the authorization process. I guess try and and get back to me (?). As long as you can use the authorization URL in a browser and sign in to your account it should link-up as an app/device normally does.

RE: [Release] XBMC Backup - choopster - 2014-06-03

Hi.

Just a quick question.
I'm using the XBMCbackup addon with my dropbox from an Amlogic s802 Android TV box.
it works fine with my dropbox, however, it created a USERDATA folder, and a bunch of other folders inside it (Database, keymap, etc.) and they are all empty.

I wonder if that is the way it should be or am I doing something wrong..

the Addon folder is full with all my addons files stored correctly.

Thanks.
Itay.

RE: [Release] XBMC Backup - robweber - 2014-06-03

What options did you check in the setting? Just addons or other things as well?

Also, if you could upload a debug log and post the link to it from when you ran a backup that would help too. Could be an error message in there.

Hey Rob.

Thanks for your response.
I've ticked all the options in the settings, with no custom folders.

my log is here:
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=216632

Thanks.

RE: [Release] XBMC Backup - robweber - 2014-06-03

(2014-06-03, 17:51)choopster Wrote: Hey Rob.

Thanks for your response.
I've ticked all the options in the settings, with no custom folders.

my log is here:
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=216632

Thanks.

Thanks for the log. The problem you are having seems to be the same as schumi2004 indicated a while back. The dropbox vfs file tries to re-send files that couldn't be pushed to Dropbox. In some cases this causes a recursion, since Dropbox never completes the file, that eventually eats up the number of available file handles. My solution to this is to limit the number of tries we can make on a particular file. The downside is that this may result in some missing files occasionally.

I coded up a quick fix in a new branch. https://github.com/robweber/xbmcbackup/tree/dropbox_fix if you don't want to download the whole thing just replace the vfs.py file under resources/lib/ in the addon folder. It has the intended fix.

Thank you Rob.

I've replaced the file, and now the script just fails to load.
it seems like a syntax error, here is a part of the log which may tell you something:

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=216786

any ideas?