Kodi Community Forum
[Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) (/showthread.php?tid=129499)

RE: [Release] XBMC Backup - war59312 - 2014-09-24

(2014-09-24, 15:21)robweber Wrote:
(2014-09-23, 09:17)war59312 Wrote: Very odd issue I am seeing.

On my OYUA it does nothing. That is, nothing gets backed up at all.

Even though, the progress bar shows that its backing up but nothing ever does.

Very strange. Tried backup up to NFS and an SMB share so far.

Debug log? Thanks.
Here: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=301991

RE: [Release] XBMC Backup - robweber - 2014-09-26

Have you tried to actually view your log file on that link? I've tried opening it several times, the page loads but there there isn't a log. Just a blank box.

RE: [Release] XBMC Backup - war59312 - 2014-09-26

Yea figured it was temp issue. Odd indeed. Will try again this weekend.

RE: [Release] XBMC Backup - juanshaf - 2014-09-27

i have an mx midnight android tv box running xbmc linux frodo and xbmc backup doesn't work. i noticed other post saying doesn't work on ouya and though maybe similar issue?

when you click backup, it goes through the files like it's backing them up but nothing is written to the location (i was using sdcard). then when you go to restore, no restore data is found so the choose restore folder page is blank.

just thought i'd let you know Smile

RE: [Release] XBMC Backup - war59312 - 2014-09-27

Here is new log file:

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=304723

Well shit.. Fucked up again. Looks like log uploader is messing up or the site is.

Funny enough the start of the log shows up correctly on the list page.

RE: [Release] XBMC Backup - robweber - 2014-09-30

(2014-09-27, 20:06)juanshaf Wrote: i have an mx midnight android tv box running xbmc linux frodo and xbmc backup doesn't work. i noticed other post saying doesn't work on ouya and though maybe similar issue?

when you click backup, it goes through the files like it's backing them up but nothing is written to the location (i was using sdcard). then when you go to restore, no restore data is found so the choose restore folder page is blank.

just thought i'd let you know Smile

It seems like these android based devices are causing more and more issues regarding backups. I don't have one that I can test anything on (I have an Android phone but never had any issue with that). Any suggestions from anyone on a nice, cheap, Android box that I could get? I'd actually like to use it for XBMC in a "live" environment, not just for testing so I don't want a piece of junk. Most of them seem in the $60-$100 dollar range.

(2014-09-27, 22:41)war59312 Wrote: Here is new log file:

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=304723

Well shit.. Fucked up again. Looks like log uploader is messing up or the site is.

Funny enough the start of the log shows up correctly on the list page.

Weird, I suppose it isn't an easy thing to just pull the log yourself? Sorry this turned out to be such a pain, normally the log uploader is pretty useful.

RE: [Release] XBMC Backup - kilbo - 2014-10-01

Question....

I have a chromebox with XBMC+openelec. Tried to install this add-on. Shows it downloading but then nothing found in programs. Also when trying to re-install again, the add-on information window for XBMC Backup shows the install button command in white rather than the normal Uninstall found when an add-on has been installed. Anyone have any ideas? Using the confluence skin. Followed instructions at XMBC Add-on:XBMC Backup. Tried to install a few times

Thanks!

RE: [Release] XBMC Backup - juanshaf - 2014-10-01

(2014-09-30, 16:11)robweber Wrote: It seems like these android based devices are causing more and more issues regarding backups. I don't have one that I can test anything on (I have an Android phone but never had any issue with that). Any suggestions from anyone on a nice, cheap, Android box that I could get? I'd actually like to use it for XBMC in a "live" environment, not just for testing so I don't want a piece of junk. Most of them seem in the $60-$100 dollar range.

the one i use is this: ebay item
This is on ebay uk but the first one i bought was from china. I've been setting these up with xbmc linux for a few family & friends. Does hd well and has hardware decoding etc..

RE: [Release] XBMC Backup - kilbo - 2014-10-01

install add-on problem is not unique to Backup...tried another add-on. If someone does have an idea of what my issue is thanks in advance

RE: [Release] XBMC Backup - Regisma - 2014-10-06

Hi,

When I do a backup I need about 2.7 gig

It is too big for dropbox because you just have 2 gig free

But with Google Drive you have 15 gig free

It would be nice if xbmc backup can also use Google Drive

Thanks

Regis

RE: [Release] XBMC Backup - Crssi - 2014-10-06

send a few dropbox invitation to be accepted and you will be given more space on Wink

RE: [Release] XBMC Backup - Regisma - 2014-10-06

Hi

Sorry just tried it seem to not work

Thanks

Regis

RE: [Release] XBMC Backup - robweber - 2014-10-06

I played around with the Google Drive python library a bit today. Not as user friendly as the Dropbox one but not horrible. If someone had a nice wrapper for basic functions it would make it a lot easier to deal with. If I can get some basic functionality going (upload file trees, list file trees, remove files) then it could work as a backup target. Sad part is it requires a lot of additional python libs that xbmc won't have installed. Will probably end up being an additional xbmc module for the google api code just so that this addon doesn't get bloated with a lot of unnecessary stuff. Still, not impossible.

RE: [Release] XBMC Backup - robweber - 2014-10-08

A few notes on compressed (zipped) backups. This feature has been in the github master branch for a while but not pushed to the main repo. The main reason for this is that I just couldn't reliability get it to work.

I started playing with this again recently and think all the bugs are worked out. The main issue turned out to be a special parameter that needs to be passed to the python zip object to allow compressed files greater than 2GB in size. Turns out this isn't enabled by default so stuff was working in testing but not on my main system where I have a lot more files. I've now successfully tested doing compressed and non-compressed backups/restores on a variety of systems successfully. Just as a comparison a non-compressed backup of my main system is typically 5GB. The compressed version came in around 3.2GB, so a fairly big savings there.

Anyone wanted to test this out please go to the github page and download the newest version of the master branch (https://github.com/robweber/xbmcbackup). Any comments before I hit the main repo are appreciated.

RE: [Release] XBMC Backup - D.Z.G - 2014-10-10

I have a problem with restoring Kodi on Windows.

I'm a new user and I have set up Kodi on two Windows computers at home. I have configured the main one as I want it and created a backup which doesn't work on the other one.

I created the backup and saved it on my desktop, put it on a USB and put the folder on the desktop of the other computer. Then I install Kodi Alpha 14.0 on that computer, install XBMC Backup, set the right folder and try to restore.

Then I get the "Version Warning" telling me that it's a different version of xbmc, so I just press yes to continue, then it gathers the file list really quick and that's it... Nothing happens.

Noteworthy maybe is the fact that the main htpc is windows 8 and the other one is windows 7. And that the backup is approximately 500mb

I've tried on Gotham 13.2 as well but it's the same thing.

Please help me with this.