Kodi Community Forum
[Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup) (/showthread.php?tid=129499)

RE: [Release] Backup (formally XBMC Backup) - robweber - 2015-04-23

(2015-04-21, 00:51)ed_davidson Wrote: I sure will do some testing for you Rob.

Great. I'll try and set aside some time this Friday to tackle this.

(2015-04-21, 10:45)jackiass Wrote: Using http://rclone.org i am able to upload the backups to google drive. It is very simple to set up, a lot faster than dropbox (1026.04 kByte/s vs 54.09 kByte/s), works with my 500mb zip file and yields no errors. Would it be possible to either implement google drive in the backup addon or to execute a custom command or script after a successful backup? I have set the google service to run as a cron job one hour after every backup, but it would be a nice feature have built in.

I've been working on a Google Drive integration since right around the time Helix was released. A few other things have stolen my attention since then (stupid work). I'm hoping to have some time to return to this in the next few weeks. For those feeling adventurous try out the google drive branch. Dependencies seem to be the issue now, I think they all exist in the main repo but can't guarantee it.

RE: [Release] Backup (formally XBMC Backup) - robweber - 2015-04-24

@el_davidson - I think I've figured out a way to get compression support in Android and not break it everywhere else. By comparing the 2.6 and 2.7 docs for the python zip implementation I found some common places where I can still specify the compression. If you want to checkout the current master on github that code is updated. I've confirmed it works on my systems running python 2.7, if you could test Android that would be great.

Also a quick note on google drive support. I'm very close to merging this in. All tests on the helix_google_drive branch are working. If anyone wants to try this out please report back here, I think I've fixed all the dependency issues. I'll probably merge this in within the week.

RE: [Release] Backup (formally XBMC Backup) - ed_davidson - 2015-04-24

[quote='robweber' pid='1989697' dateline='1429888354']
@el_davidson - I think I've figured out a way to get compression support in Android and not break it everywhere else. By comparing the 2.6 and 2.7 docs for the python zip implementation I found some common places where I can still specify the compression. If you want to checkout the current master on github that code is updated. I've confirmed it works on my systems running python 2.7, if you could test Android that would be great.

Worked perfect for me on my OUYA running Helix 14.2. Thanks

Regards Ed

RE: [Release] Backup (formally XBMC Backup) - UnderWaterHound - 2015-04-25

If I backup my watched staus using this addon, move the library to a new location and then restore the backup will the watched status be restored correctly?

RE: [Release] Backup (formally XBMC Backup) - 6ft4_rudebwoy - 2015-04-27

Hello all, trying to get the hang of this, how would this procedure be done in trying to do this backup on the Amazon Fire Stick ?..I have gotten to the point of authenticating to the Dropbox account..I realize that it's possible to do it from my PC because i was successful in doing so, would really like some assistance with this, thanks.

RE: [Release] Backup (formally XBMC Backup) - ed_davidson - 2015-04-27

Hi Rob

I tried to do a restore on my OUYA from a backup I composed on my PC and tweaked. Adding in the android paths to the backup addon and inserting the Android guisettings file. The file was compressed. When I tried to do the restore I got the message error writing to path : android address.

I could get it to restore fine if I first of all did a compressed backup then a restore. It worked perfectly. It also seemed to work if I first of all did a fresh start.

I am posting the log but not sure if it is giving any errors.
http://xbmclogs.com/p0rg51blg
Is there any reason why I can't compose the compressed backups on my PC then restore them on my Android?

RE: [Release] Backup (formally XBMC Backup) - robweber - 2015-04-27

(2015-04-25, 22:50)UnderWaterHound Wrote: If I backup my watched staus using this addon, move the library to a new location and then restore the backup will the watched status be restored correctly?

If you mean you are going to physically move the library files to a new location, then no this will probably not work. Backing up your watched status (ie, the video database) will save everything exactly as it is mapped. If you move your video files to a new location then you'll have to add that source to Kodi and the database will see these as a different set of files. Your best bet in this scenario is to use the Library Export utility in Kodi to generate NFO files (use separate files). Move all your video files and the NFO files to the new location. Then add the "importwatchedstatus" setting to your advancedsettings.xml file. After that rescan the library. If this isn't what you are doing, give more detail and I can give you some better steps to follow.

(2015-04-27, 00:30)6ft4_rudebwoy Wrote: Hello all, trying to get the hang of this, how would this procedure be done in trying to do this backup on the Amazon Fire Stick ?..I have gotten to the point of authenticating to the Dropbox account..I realize that it's possible to do it from my PC because i was successful in doing so, would really like some assistance with this, thanks.

Once the Dropbox account is authorized you can just push files to it. The tricky part is creating the developer account needed to generate the key and secret you need to enter into the addon. Read the Dropbox part of the README file. https://github.com/robweber/xbmcbackup

(2015-04-27, 04:41)ed_davidson Wrote: Hi Rob

I tried to do a restore on my OUYA from a backup I composed on my PC and tweaked. Adding in the android paths to the backup addon and inserting the Android guisettings file. The file was compressed. When I tried to do the restore I got the message error writing to path : android address.

I could get it to restore fine if I first of all did a compressed backup then a restore. It worked perfectly. It also seemed to work if I first of all did a fresh start.

I am posting the log but not sure if it is giving any errors.
http://xbmclogs.com/p0rg51blg
Is there any reason why I can't compose the compressed backups on my PC then restore them on my Android?

You're right, there isn't any information in the log but it doesn't look like it is even attempting to copy files either. I see where it copies the zip but that doesn't ever appear to finish. There should be another log line where the source is then set to the zip file and you'll see "Gathering files" in the log. Is before this where you get the error? It's odd you see an error on screen but it doesn't show up in the log. Can you confirm if any files are written to the android temp file, listed as /storage/sdcard0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/temp/ in the log.

RE: [Release] Backup (formally XBMC Backup) - clel - 2015-04-29

Addon looks very promising for what I need. Thanks for creating it.

RE: [Release] Backup (formally XBMC Backup) - ed_davidson - 2015-04-30

I've got a addon request for you if you're interested. Would it be possible for you to add a link to the configuration settings in the box that pops up when you select the addon.

I have a bunch of non techie friends that I am sharing backups with and this way they don't have to figure out how to get into the CONFIG settings, especially as you can't change the settings from the shortcut on the home page.

Regards.

RE: [Release] Backup (formally XBMC Backup) - bruteforce - 2015-04-30

I have installed backup and I made a full backup of the latest 14.2
I purchased a second identical box for the upstairs TV and I have tried to do a full restore of Kodi 14.2 with the skins and my setup
Backup copies over the repositories and it defaults to the standard skin and when I go into the settings to change to the skin and the preferences I had set then nothing is there and the skin is default

Can you help

RE: [Release] Backup (formally XBMC Backup) - robweber - 2015-04-30

(2015-04-30, 07:04)ed_davidson Wrote: I've got a addon request for you if you're interested. Would it be possible for you to add a link to the configuration settings in the box that pops up when you select the addon.

I have a bunch of non techie friends that I am sharing backups with and this way they don't have to figure out how to get into the CONFIG settings, especially as you can't change the settings from the shortcut on the home page.

Regards.

Good idea - https://github.com/robweber/xbmcbackup/issues/71

(2015-04-30, 07:54)bruteforce Wrote: I have installed backup and I made a full backup of the latest 14.2
I purchased a second identical box for the upstairs TV and I have tried to do a full restore of Kodi 14.2 with the skins and my setup
Backup copies over the repositories and it defaults to the standard skin and when I go into the settings to change to the skin and the preferences I had set then nothing is there and the skin is default

Can you help

Please see the FAQ regarding the guisettings.xml file (2nd one). You'll find that there is a guisettings.xm.restored file, you just need to rename it. http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=129499&pid=1082186#pid1082186

RE: [Release] Backup (formally XBMC Backup) - bruteforce - 2015-04-30

Thanks for the reply robweber
I thought that there may be an easier way I hope or wish that some type of backup program will work in the future?

Its a good tutorial however I do not fancy going though all that method to restore.

RE: [Release] Backup (formally XBMC Backup) - clel - 2015-04-30

So there is no way to force XBMC to read that guisettings file again while running?

RE: [Release] Backup (formally XBMC Backup) - MrMagic - 2015-04-30

(2015-03-13, 18:19)kobbra Wrote: I will try to post some debug logs but since this doesnt happen with all backups its a bit tricky to get one.. I tried to trigger one manually with debug mode on but the backup was created correctly.

The scheduled backup made this past night actually made 4 copies of each file :S

does the app it self have a debug mode or do i have to run kodi debug?
Did you ever manage to get those debug logs? I'm running the OpenELEC test builds on my RPi2 and I have the same issue with duplicate files inside the zip, making it bigger with each backup.

It only happens with the scheduled backups, not the manually created ones.

In which folder can I find the temporary zip file on the RPi2? Maybe there's something wrong with the access rights?

RE: [Release] Backup (formally XBMC Backup) - bruteforce - 2015-05-01

(2015-04-30, 18:05)clel Wrote: So there is no way to force XBMC to read that guisettings file again while running?

This would be nice if the actual Backup software would do this, rather than going through all the other methods (surely a backup should mean backup and not a partial backup