Kodi Community Forum
Yet Another Confluence Mod - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Confluence (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=125)
+---- Thread: Yet Another Confluence Mod (/showthread.php?tid=129733)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - minimoe - 2012-05-24

That is indeed a problem. In the screen I posted it's hard to read the text. I'll test it on the big screen later.

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - wilson.joe - 2012-05-24

I have had no problem removing the floor from the code and using the xbt files.

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - Mudislander - 2012-05-24

it would seem none of you guys like the floor, do we need a setting to hide it Wink
I've been wanting to add library stats for a while now, problem is it looks better in my mind than on the screen Sad Maybe someone can come up with a better idea ?

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - Mrmills - 2012-05-24

about the stats.. could it be placed it in the rss feed?

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - Mudislander - 2012-05-24

(2012-05-24, 21:05)Mrmills Wrote: about the stats.. could it be placed it in the rss feed?

I'd probably be OK with that as on my main machine I don't have the feed on - but what about guys who like the rss feed and also want library stats.
BTW did you notice the menu bar

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - minimoe - 2012-05-25

You can leave the stats where they are and move the search to a button at the lower right corner.

What's different about the menu bar (besides the ghastly green colour :p )?

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - Mrmills - 2012-05-25

(2012-05-24, 23:08)Mudislander Wrote:
(2012-05-24, 21:05)Mrmills Wrote: about the stats.. could it be placed it in the rss feed?

I'd probably be OK with that as on my main machine I don't have the feed on - but what about guys who like the rss feed and also want library stats.
BTW did you notice the menu bar

new idea for the stats, how about not having them on the homescreen, but instead move them to movies down next to the
(628) Items - Page (1/28) ?

I did not notice the menubar LOL!

@minimoe the menubar has been lowered just a little bit more Smile

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - Mudislander - 2012-05-25

(2012-05-25, 01:09)minimoe Wrote: You can leave the stats where they are and move the search to a button at the lower right corner.

Big Grin I like that theme, but I'm actually colourblind so I do seem to like colours that no one else does as i see them differently. Was quite chauffed that wilson.joe decided to do themes.

Re Stats i like both ideas, was thinking bottom right was looking a bit odd ATM - would need to organise a decent button and sort out the problem of navigation as the search button is integrated with the "now playing bar"

(2012-05-25, 06:06)Mrmills Wrote: new idea for the stats, how about not having them on the homescreen, but instead move them to movies down next to the
(628) Items - Page (1/28) ?

I did not notice the menubar LOL!

@minimoe the menubar has been lowered just a little bit more Smile

Server is up and running again, watched numbers are totally wrong though Smile - Could probably beef up the count items, watched/unwatched could maybe replace the total duration - my number 1044:39:25 doesn't mean too much to me but the stats would.

Just added option to hide floor.png - OMG it looks terrible!!! - What are you guys replacing it with?

(2012-05-21, 11:01)sstavross Wrote: In one word: BEAUTIFULL!!! Thank you so much!!! So clear!! If you want I can test the alternative font file or any other bigger size. What I would like in music fullscreen playing is the artist- album font to be bigger, it is too small compare to the track title.

2. About the slideshow animation, thank you for the the tip of disabling it. I think you have right, a switch will be fine.

3. About when I play a movie and I press pause I dont see the cover of the movie: It is because I haven't scan the movie to the library. I have the folder.jpg in the movie's folder. When I use the original confluence I see the cover, so I think it is "missed" in your mod.

4. About the cd art in the main menu window, if can please make it a little more bigger.

5. I use your Confluence.Lite.Mod-1.0.9b bulid. When I select an album from the main menu, from the "Suggested albums" the album plays but I get a black screen, no wallpaper,only the menu texts.

Again thank you for your wonderfull mod!

1. I'll look at a bigger font for album/artist in music viz - would like to hear what others think of the idea.
2. Next update when released has switch to stop animation
3. Will look into displaying folder.jpg - If video not added into movies DB - should be in next update
4. Sorry - not enough room - screenie shows how tight everything is ATM
5. Is this for all the "Suggested albums" or only certain albums and is there a pattern eg Only 2nd album or something ?

Very nice screenie, looks great with the menubar now Smile

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - sstavross - 2012-05-25

@Mudislander:

Thank you for your reply! Quick answers:

Quote:1. I'll look at a bigger font for album/artist in music viz - would like to hear what others think of the idea.
Ok! Have a look, I think album/artist font needs a little boost.Lets hear others too!
Quote:2. Next update when released has switch to stop animation
Perfect!
Quote:3. Will look into displaying folder.jpg - If video not added into movies DB - should be in next update
I think this is important.
Quote:4. Sorry - not enough room - screenie shows how tight everything is ATM
Forget it!
Quote:5. Is this for all the "Suggested albums" or only certain albums and is there a pattern eg Only 2nd album or something ?
It happens when there is no fanart for the album listed in the "Suggested albums" panel. If I select an album from this panel which I have set a fanart, I see the fanart (like your nice foto). But If I select an album with no fanart I see a black "wallpaper".

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - minimoe - 2012-05-25

(2012-05-25, 07:09)Mudislander Wrote:
(2012-05-25, 01:09)minimoe Wrote: You can leave the stats where they are and move the search to a button at the lower right corner.

Big Grin I like that theme, but I'm actually colourblind so I do seem to like colours that no one else does as i see them differently. Was quite chauffed that wilson.joe decided to do themes.

Re Stats i like both ideas, was thinking bottom right was looking a bit odd ATM - would need to organise a decent button and sort out the problem of navigation as the search button is integrated with the "now playing bar"

Just added option to hide floor.png - OMG it looks terrible!!! - What are you guys replacing it with?

If you make the Favourite and System buttons smaller, you could fit a search button next to them. Another reason for having the search button there is that now we have to press "up" twice to go from menu bar to recent items. I know it doesn't sound like a big problem but it's a bit annoying Smile

Another thing that can be improved: I use elitegamer's config files with my MS remote and I have only playlists in my menubar. When I am browsing HD Movies for example and I press the "back" button on the remote, instead of going to the home screen directly, I have to go through Video, Playlists and Videos screens first. I know I can hit the green button and go to home screen directly but it's not easy to teach new tricks to an old dog like myself :p

About the floor, I wanted to remove it but I have second thoughts. Make it semi-transparent, perhaps?

(2012-05-25, 10:41)sstavross Wrote:
Quote:3. Will look into displaying folder.jpg - If video not added into movies DB - should be in next update
I think this is important.
Quote:5. Is this for all the "Suggested albums" or only certain albums and is there a pattern eg Only 2nd album or something ?
It happens when there is no fanart for the album listed in the "Suggested albums" panel. If I select an album from this panel which I have set a fanart, I see the fanart (like your nice foto). But If I select an album with no fanart I see a black "wallpaper".

3. is done

5. If no fanart should show default background as below on home screen. Are you talking about fullscreen music viz, as there it defaults to a black background with a red XBMC. I don't mind changing it if anyone has suggestions for a fallback default background.

(2012-05-25, 11:43)minimoe Wrote: If you make the Favourite and System buttons smaller, you could fit a search button next to them. Another reason for having the search button there is that now we have to press "up" twice to go from menu bar to recent items. I know it doesn't sound like a big problem but it's a bit annoying Smile

Another thing that can be improved: I use elitegamer's config files with my MS remote and I have only playlists in my menubar. When I am browsing HD Movies for example and I press the "back" button on the remote, instead of going to the home screen directly, I have to go through Video, Playlists and Videos screens first. I know I can hit the green button and go to home screen directly but it's not easy to teach new tricks to an old dog like myself :p

About the floor, I wanted to remove it but I have second thoughts. Make it semi-transparent, perhaps?

Yep actually agree with you on the going back bit on both accounts - Re the playlist one - what I could try to do is make the home button on the bottom right selectable by remote eg on right click from the scrollbar, not ideal but it would take you straight home.
Edit Talking about mouse home buttons, could get them to show with no mouse.

I'll leave the option to remove the floor for now (certainly won't use it) someone may come up with another idea - maybe the black gradient that's been used elsewhere.

When I get around to it I'll add a setting for various bits and pieces to be more transparent & certainly we can include the floor.

(2012-05-18, 16:14)minimoe Wrote: A small request:

The recent\random movies and albums look great with their cases but the recent episodes look...naked Smile
Is it possible to add a frame or bezel to the TV thumbs?

Done Smile

sooo, when can we try all the changes? Wink
watched/unwatched could maybe replace the total duration, yep that would work for me Smile