Kodi Community Forum
Yet Another Confluence Mod - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Confluence (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=125)
+---- Thread: Yet Another Confluence Mod (/showthread.php?tid=129733)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - wilson.joe - 2012-06-06

Yeah they should probably go into a folder of their own and one can add them
in as they see fit. Yeah I have been busy, I also been working on a few views
as a side project.. Don't know how those will turn out but its practice.

(2012-06-06, 10:54)Mudislander Wrote: Been having fun Big Grin I like the transparency icons !!

Actually we do need to rearrange the git as the compressed files are mixed up with source files, which gives my build.bat for the repo hiccups. Will get around to arranging folders fairly soon.

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - wilson.joe - 2012-06-06

I am curious if I am the only one that has noticed that the db editor is always blue even
though the theme has changed from green,blue, orange etc.. is there anyway of fixing this
or is it in the plugin?

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - Mudislander - 2012-06-06

Never noticed it, shows I never actually get the chance to use my XBMC Big Grin

I'll look into it, should be able to pull a script overlay type file into the skin, which "should" run the themes.

Okay, commited 2 script files to git, so should now obey theme colours - let me know if any problems.

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - mark2112 - 2012-06-06

Is there any chance you can make the 'watched' ticks in the default theme blue instead of white? Similar to what you did with the Kryptonite theme.

(2012-06-06, 14:30)emptyhead Wrote: Is there any chance you can make the 'watched' ticks in the default theme blue instead of white? Similar to what you did with the Kryptonite theme.

wilson.joe will have to answer that one for you - me I'm staying out of any "watched" tick colour discussion Smile

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - Bayside - 2012-06-06

@C-Team a big THANK YOU for all the work you are doing to tweak, tune and modify. The changes look amazing and the new functions are very cool.

@Jezz_X, your work on design and its quality is top notch. For Confluence to SLiK to Confluence-Lite THANK YOU. It is nice to combine all the technical capabilities of XBMC with a solid interface.

I have been using XBMC for over 2 years and this is the first time I have ventured into this area. Essentially, you all have motivated me to roll up my sleeves and started making UI updates and playing. Since Mudislander, Mad-Max and others are focusing on Home, new functions and widgets and wilson.joe is bringing on cool themes, I thought I would take my first whack at the launch views.

Inspired by a few in process screen shots from Jezz_X and others, I started modifying Media Info and after a night of playing came up with this...

...Movies...
https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=151EE6392667340A!109&authkey=!AJgQ1knQZkUwE0k

...TV Shows...
https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=151EE6392667340A!110&authkey=!APmzbTk-BoL99cM

If you folks find it useful or like it, I am happy to share out the code. Feedback is welcome.

I did find one background bug from the 1.1b zip file version that I was using. If you choose a different background than the default, the new background is not pulled in when you navigate away from Home via a submenu choice. For instance, if you go select movies from the Genre submenu choice it brings up your movies with the default.png versus the new one I selected via the skin options. I thought this to be a simple fix, but can't seem to find where this is pulled from the code. I am guessing it is one of the include files and not from Home.xml.

Lastly, I liked the system info panel mod that Mrmills put together and shown in post #358 and was hoping to put something like that together. How do I find a description of all the database fields and what information they hold? Also, since I am on that screenshot, as a comment, having Mrmills' background with wilson.joe's Gothic theme may be a good combo :-).

Cheers...Bayside

AW: Yet Another Confluence Mod - mad-max - 2012-06-06

Hey Bayside,

these screens look pretty good...
What about making a pull request on GIThub to get them in?
This is the easiest way of sharing code and incorporating...
I'm sure all others will appreciate that, too

@Bayside, Howzit - as Max said - please do a PR on the git with your views, will look into your bug report and the info panel has been started but to be honest have got a little side tracked with LiveTV. If you'd like to attempt it you're welcome - only 1 request - could you use the weather panel as a layout template. A lot of the InfoLabels that you will need are here on the wiki

If you run into any problems, there's a great bunch of guys around this mod who'll be willing to help.

Edit Yep I can reproduce your bug, will fix a.s.a.p.

AW: Yet Another Confluence Mod - mad-max - 2012-06-06

Just a note for those that can merge the PRs on GIT:
I think we all should review the code before merging in order to avoid any bugs that may lead to a black screen on database views or stuff like that Wink
My last PR ended up like this as I had a bad typo in it...
No need for more work Big Grin

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - Mrmills - 2012-06-06

a link for the background used for the infopanel Smile
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-sxuOwqgBdj0/T22tPhCFgNI/AAAAAAAAAZE/LhBeRHHrPu0/s1600/Empty+by+Dawid+Huczy%C5%84ski.jpg

RE: AW: Yet Another Confluence Mod - Mudislander - 2012-06-06

(2012-06-06, 21:40)mad-max Wrote: Just a note for those that can merge the PRs on GIT:
I think we all should review the code before merging in order to avoid any bugs that may lead to a black screen on database views or stuff like that Wink
My last PR ended up like this as I had a bad typo in it...
No need for more work Big Grin

Agreed, especially since the base skin code has been modded away from original Confluence Lite Big Grin

Actually Max, wanted you to look at the branch - Do you think PVR is worth it ?

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - kevjs1982 - 2012-06-06

One slight glitch I have noticed - when I start XBMC no option is selected - pressing left of right selects "On Demand" which is my third menu option. Seams a bit off - surely it should be selecting the left most item?

(2012-06-06, 22:29)kevjs1982 Wrote: One slight glitch I have noticed - when I start XBMC no option is selected - pressing left of right selects "On Demand" which is my third menu option. Seams a bit off - surely it should be selecting the left most item?

The mod is set internally to focus on the third item on startup, chose third as it was "sort of" centered. I'm open to discussion about which item should be highlighted on startup.

What you could do for me though is you mentioned "when I start XBMC no option is selected " this shouldn't happen although I've also seen it. Haven't had the time to workout when it's happening - so if you notice a pattern please let me know.

AW: RE: AW: Yet Another Confluence Mod - mad-max - 2012-06-06

(2012-06-06, 21:54)Mudislander Wrote: Actually Max, wanted you to look at the branch - Do you think PVR is worth it ?
To be honest I don't think it's worth it...
Maybe PVR will come with Frodo and if it hits master, we can backport the original modifications from Jezz later on...
Might save us a lot of hours...especially for something that is not supported, yet...
We should focus on other things that are already supported or addon-ified...