Kodi Community Forum
Yet Another Confluence Mod - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Confluence (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=125)
+---- Thread: Yet Another Confluence Mod (/showthread.php?tid=129733)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - Mudislander - 2012-06-06

@mad-max - or focus on getting these small niggles fixed Big Grin

Okay I'll drop the PVR support and just take out the script.moviesets support from the branch - that I use.

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - kevjs1982 - 2012-06-06

(2012-06-06, 22:44)Mudislander Wrote:
(2012-06-06, 22:29)kevjs1982 Wrote: One slight glitch I have noticed - when I start XBMC no option is selected - pressing left of right selects "On Demand" which is my third menu option. Seams a bit off - surely it should be selecting the left most item?

The mod is set internally to focus on the third item on startup, chose third as it was "sort of" centered. I'm open to discussion about which item should be highlighted on startup.

What you could do for me though is you mentioned "when I start XBMC no option is selected " this shouldn't happen although I've also seen it. Haven't had the time to workout when it's happening - so if you notice a pattern please let me know.

Ah okay - if it makes any difference I don't have the recently added previews on. Happens every time I start XBMC.

While I think on - should pressing back (esc/backspace - whichever goes one step up the tree) and starting XBMC play a sound? If not they aren't working for me (only just got the menu audio working this week - forgot I need to uninstall Pulse Audio - argh!!)

AW: RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - mad-max - 2012-06-06

(2012-06-06, 22:50)Mudislander Wrote: @mad-max - or focus on getting these small niggles fixed Big Grin

That's what I summed up as "other things" Big Grin
Will have sometime the next two days...
My schedule would be:
1) Fixing the ported showcase view so that we get rid of the old settings from customizable confluence
2) getting hands on the view you promised Wilson.Joe
3) stuff that needs to be done...so waiting for a suggestions from you guys

@kevjs1982

Navigation sounds used to be an issue with XBMC, sometimes they worked sometimes they didn't. Must say I haven't seen any new discussions on the issue for a while now. ATM on my laptop every keypress creates a sound and that's what's supposed to happen - can't check main Openelec machine as wife's watching telly.

Focused problem, on this laptop I've started and quit XBMC several times always starts focused on 3rd item which is correct. However when you Alt Tab (Windoze) away from XBMC and then back, no items are focused and as you say only after keypress 3rd item becomes focused. Out of interest I'll look at other skins to see what happens.

AW: Yet Another Confluence Mod - mad-max - 2012-06-06

Just came up with this thought:
What about replacing the media flags with the ones I use in my MOD?
The default ones have that ugly grey background...I like it more transparent...
Any opinion?

@mad-max, I've no problem with that.

Edit My schedule looks like bug fixes Sad (Off to bed now have work 04:00)

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - wilson.joe - 2012-06-06

I would like to skateboard up that, not that I would make it, but I would like to try.

(2012-06-06, 21:53)Mrmills Wrote: a link for the background used for the infopanel Smile
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-sxuOwqgBdj0/T22tPhCFgNI/AAAAAAAAAZE/LhBeRHHrPu0/s1600/Empty+by+Dawid+Huczy%C5%84ski.jpg

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - wilson.joe - 2012-06-07

I just changed the color to blue over the OVerLayWatched.png and pushed it on git
I think.. But if you really can't wait for it , here it is compressed Textures.zip

(2012-06-06, 14:30)emptyhead Wrote: Is there any chance you can make the 'watched' ticks in the default theme blue instead of white? Similar to what you did with the Kryptonite theme.

If you happen to notice any other errors please don't hesitate to report them.

After I touch up on a few images I will grab the latest git. any changes for
the colors of the clock and weather etc. I can get in there and do it myself for that matter
I just thought since you started it. Tongue

(2012-06-06, 13:18)Mudislander Wrote: Okay, commited 2 script files to git, so should now obey theme colours - let me know if any problems.

I ended up calling the gothic grey, i know its a bit bland.. at first I had a gothic wallpaper
and the little busy spinning graphics I had made it into a pentacle but I didn't know how
many people would be interested in a theme like that so I removed the pentacle back
to the original and changed the background to more of a dull simple what you would get
from apple or microsoft wallpaper that wouldn't offend anyone. I know , I'm lame Tongue
though if there is a need for those little bells and whistles in a theme I am more then
happy to put them together.. Rofl by the way the theme can be gotten in the git I think
or it can be gotten here Grey
I am always willing to change the backdrops to a new default if the majority like a given image.

EDIT: if you have problem getting any of the packages they are presently uploading and i have
been storing them on my ubuntu one cloud for the time being and its a bit slow at updating.

(2012-06-06, 18:47)Bayside Wrote: Lastly, I liked the system info panel mod that Mrmills put together and shown in post #358 and was hoping to put something like that together. How do I find a description of all the database fields and what information they hold? Also, since I am on that screenshot, as a comment, having Mrmills' background with wilson.joe's Gothic theme may be a good combo :-).

Cheers...Bayside

That was kind of my fault.. Confused
(2012-06-06, 21:40)mad-max Wrote: Just a note for those that can merge the PRs on GIT:
I think we all should review the code before merging in order to avoid any bugs that may lead to a black screen on database views or stuff like that Wink
My last PR ended up like this as I had a bad typo in it...
No need for more work Big Grin

showcase view is using a watched etc that isn't of the theme colors?
I have them colorized in the themes for each theme there is no need for a separate set
for the viewtype.

EDIT: oops I don't need the showcase folder in my media? by removing the folder
I get my colors for the theme back?

REEDIT: LOL nope it didn't fix it.. its in the code. if one is going to use the big check
boxes its not going to look all that nice, it will end up rather blocky.

/showcase/$INFO[ListItem.Overlay] works fine if you want only one color.
and we are going to have a blackback.png and black-back.png, they are one and the same.

Idea , an image in the corner of the dvd case much like the watch but for those
of high rating saying something like "hot"

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - Bayside - 2012-06-07

Gents, thanks for the git invite. I will definitely utilize that method for code submission.

Ran into a newbie problem that caused me to rework my updated Media Info view. I was dev'ing on a XBMC box that was hooked to a 4:3 monitor and using that to judge the placement of items. Tonight I pushed the code to my production XBMC hooked into a 1080p plasma and items were off intended position. Result... rework. Lesson learned. Looks like I am going to build into my process final adjustments from a 16:9 screen before locking things down.

A couple of question... For playing and my purposes, I just coded my version of Media Info directly within ViewsVideoLibrary.xml. For the sake of including it to this project, do you guys want me to spin out the code to its own Viewtype_.xml file? Also, I did go ahead and code up the System Info and Library Stats panel using the Weather Forecast panel as a template. I baked it right into the IncludesHomeRecentlyAdded.xml file, but did not know how you guys wanted it triggered? I was thinking about putting a flag into the skin option and have it only come up when System is highlighted from the main menu, but open to suggestions.

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - Mrmills - 2012-06-07

sounds great im sure mudislander or mad-max will tell you how they want the xlm's
i just want to see the screenshot Smile

Bayside looking at the # of posts you have made, I come to the conclusion your either new hear, or you have observed from the background for awhile, either way welcome aboard. I am sure Mudislander or max-max can help you with the code once they get online.

(2012-06-07, 05:36)Bayside Wrote: Gents, thanks for the git invite. I will definitely utilize that method for code submission.

Ran into a newbie problem that caused me to rework my updated Media Info view. I was dev'ing on a XBMC box that was hooked to a 4:3 monitor and using that to judge the placement of items. Tonight I pushed the code to my production XBMC hooked into a 1080p plasma and items were off intended position. Result... rework. Lesson learned. Looks like I am going to build into my process final adjustments from a 16:9 screen before locking things down.

A couple of question... For playing and my purposes, I just coded my version of Media Info directly within ViewsVideoLibrary.xml. For the sake of including it to this project, do you guys want me to spin out the code to its own Viewtype_.xml file? Also, I did go ahead and code up the System Info and Library Stats panel using the Weather Forecast panel as a template. I baked it right into the IncludesHomeRecentlyAdded.xml file, but did not know how you guys wanted it triggered? I was thinking about putting a flag into the skin option and have it only come up when System is highlighted from the main menu, but open to suggestions.

LoL Mrmills, screenshots +1 Big Grin

(2012-06-07, 05:57)Mrmills Wrote: sounds great im sure mudislander or mad-max will tell you how they want the xlm's
i just want to see the screenshot Smile

As I've posted before any theme requests let me know and if anyone is willing to help with some I'm game.. just finishing up on the above mentioned themes, the small little tiny details I might of over looked trying to make sure I don't over do things also. or as always keep me posted of any errors that present themselves too me also, thats a big help.