Kodi Community Forum
Yet Another Confluence Mod - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Confluence (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=125)
+---- Thread: Yet Another Confluence Mod (/showthread.php?tid=129733)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - wilson.joe - 2012-06-11

Image Image Image

All themes have been moved to my git repository and can be found HERE in xbt format.. copy the /media subdirectory to the /media subdirectory in the skin, and the /backgrounds and /colors in there respective subfolders also. If you would prefer to compress the src yourself or modify it to your liking it is also free and open source and can be found HERE .. any questions , suggestions please post them in this forum and I will promptly respond. Credit goes Out to Jezz-X for his work on Confluence, and to Ronie for letting me use some of his Transparency textures for use with my TransPack & to Mudislander and Mad-Max, and others not mentioned for their work on this mod.

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - mad-max - 2012-06-11

Hey guys,

I'm sure the one or other will have a break from skinning a few days...
Meanwhile I made some administrative stuff on github...
I rearranged the milestones as we release the new version...
So open issues went to the new milestone due 13 days...

Some fixes will go on later on, like the rss fix...

cheers,
Max

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - savkin_k - 2012-06-11

(2012-06-10, 17:03)Bladerunner1962 Wrote:
(2012-06-10, 16:58)Mudislander Wrote: I'll look into it for you, but I do have concerns over the idea - 5 submenu items on 10 main menu items = 50 variables that is then multiplied by however many different choices of submenu items you can offer. Already the better coders out there who've looked at my variables file will be saying "OMG what is this guy doing" Smile

ok ok :-)

I didn't thought about 50 variables! I would say 5-10 for each main button should be enough

Hello everybody.
Would like to support this request. Custom submenu is a must, and of coarse there will be total 50 variables. Will it slow down the skin drastically? One solution could be to allow only links to favorites, since most of actions can be assigned as favorites. Or even custom action string which will allow more sub actions to be added (like libruary update).

In addition, some wishes on Recently added widgets.
- Is it possible to show "watched flag" over movies and episodes posters?
- For episodes widget the season and episodes numbers together with the name of the show would help a lot to understand how many new episodes there are. While the title of the episode can be shown in widget title when episode is focused. I follow several shows with automatic torrent download, so episode image alone is not sometimes sufficiant to understand is this episode has been already watched or not.
- Weather widget. Is it possible to add "precipitation" (chance of rain) and wind speed and direction values? would be complete the forecast info!

All above is valid for playlists option of main menu, i do not use native movies and tv shows option.

Another idea for widgets. To split two rows - top to show Random Items, lower - Recent items, both for 10 items scrolable in horizontal. While for Movies and Shows is not so important, for Music would be very convinient option. Quite offen i want to choose fast SOMETHING random to play which is not recently added. Will be even more effective for those who have a big music libruary. This idea comes from Aeon Nox "mixed widget".

Thanks for comments in advance.

@Bladerunner 10 items per submenu would mean the submenu would be hanging way over both ends of the tellie and behind the favorites,shutdown etc. on the left corner. 5 maybe.. Personally I'm content with just customizing the IncludesHomeMenuItems.xml myself and making sure it doesn't get written over,like I have been doing.. 1 because I only removed a few items and added a few, and as for the other items in my menu I have playlists, why would I want a submenu on a playlist and if one expects every submenu item that is a playlist to have a panel for them as one scrolls yes it would take too long to load up and then theres the refresh it does periodically. AeonMQ3 has all these features all ready, and I find it a big power hungry the way it is i can imagine AeonMQ3 with panels for all its submenu's.. We might want to remove the word lite from the skin name, its an oxymoron when applied to a mod. I for one will be creating diff files with the symbol "-" in them.. add in those 50 custom backdrops with those 50 panels please.. <sarcasm>.. Attention all AppleTV users this will not work for you.

EDIT: wow really 10x10 + 10 = 110 items total.. 100 submenu items X 10 videos per item in panels = 1000 how often does it refresh ? during which period one wont be able to move easily left and right with the remote.

(2012-06-11, 11:14)savkin_k Wrote:
(2012-06-10, 17:03)Bladerunner1962 Wrote:
(2012-06-10, 16:58)Mudislander Wrote: I'll look into it for you, but I do have concerns over the idea - 5 submenu items on 10 main menu items = 50 variables that is then multiplied by however many different choices of submenu items you can offer. Already the better coders out there who've looked at my variables file will be saying "OMG what is this guy doing" Smile

ok ok :-)

I didn't thought about 50 variables! I would say 5-10 for each main button should be enough

Hello everybody.
Would like to support this request. Custom submenu is a must, and of coarse there will be total 50 variables. Will it slow down the skin drastically? One solution could be to allow only links to favorites, since most of actions can be assigned as favorites. Or even custom action string which will allow more sub actions to be added (like libruary update).

In addition, some wishes on Recently added widgets.
- Is it possible to show "watched flag" over movies and episodes posters?
- For episodes widget the season and episodes numbers together with the name of the show would help a lot to understand how many new episodes there are. While the title of the episode can be shown in widget title when episode is focused. I follow several shows with automatic torrent download, so episode image alone is not sometimes sufficiant to understand is this episode has been already watched or not.
- Weather widget. Is it possible to add "precipitation" (chance of rain) and wind speed and direction values? would be complete the forecast info!

All above is valid for playlists option of main menu, i do not use native movies and tv shows option.

Another idea for widgets. To split two rows - top to show Random Items, lower - Recent items, both for 10 items scrolable in horizontal. While for Movies and Shows is not so important, for Music would be very convinient option. Quite offen i want to choose fast SOMETHING random to play which is not recently added. Will be even more effective for those who have a big music libruary. This idea comes from Aeon Nox "mixed widget".

Thanks for comments in advance.

As promised, I got my hands on the wall view...
Currently without cases...but it's growing:

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - Bladerunner1962 - 2012-06-11

(2012-06-11, 11:29)wilson.joe Wrote: @Bladerunner 10 items per submenu would mean the submenu would be hanging way over both ends of the tellie and behind the favorites,shutdown etc. on the left corner. 5 maybe.. Personally I'm content with just customizing the IncludesHomeMenuItems.xml myself and making sure it doesn't get written over,like I have been doing.. 1 because I only removed a few items and added a few, and as for the other items in my menu I have playlists, why would I want a submenu on a playlist and if one expects every submenu item that is a playlist to have a panel for them as one scrolls yes it would take too long to load up and then theres the refresh it does periodically. AeonMQ3 has all these features all ready, and I find it a big power hungry the way it is i can imagine AeonMQ3 with panels for all its submenu's.. We might want to remove the word lite from the skin name, its an oxymoron when applied to a mod. I for one will be creating diff files with the symbol "-" in them.. add in those 50 custom backdrops with those 50 panels please.. <sarcasm>.. Attention all AppleTV users this will not work for you.

EDIT: wow really 10x10 + 10 = 110 items total.. 100 submenu items X 10 videos per item in panels = 1000 how often does it refresh ? during which period one wont be able to move easily left and right with the remote.

@Wilson.joe
There was some misunderstanding with the 10 submenu items per main item.
The 10 belongs only to make a choice out of 10 for e.g. max. 5-6 items shown
in home menu.
Keep in mind, that this proposal was made in order to have a easy personal
solution for all the users which are not XML programming expert.

Alternative solution perhaps: a special XML-Editor for home and homeincluded in order
to easy add or remove functions, buttons and so on. Here think a about a solution...
yes...I could see also the whole script, but e.g. on the right side I have a menu for easy
add/remove predifined functions, buttons and so on. Make a choice there would direct
modify the script on right place, with "real working" functions.
Today all we "normal" users don't have enough expert knowlodge to do so..

I can see the ability to do some of the things similiar like transparency does with its menu's where we can add given things to each of the submenu's or have them not show. With Transparency we add them to favorites and then we are able to take those favorites and add them to the submenus and then we are able to remove those favorites from our favorites once they are in place. this is just one example. say ability to add things that are video related under the video submenu,
music things under the music etc.. I still would like to see the ability to add any given folder to the menu and music videos with the posibility of it having a panel. I have playlists in given folders
that link to radio stations and they get removed everytime there is an update and i forget to back up my files, and then there is podcasts that just can't be scanned in. I am completely with you on the need to create a setup that makes it easy for the everyday user , simplisity is beautiful when it can take out the complexity in a elagent and artistic way giving people an easy to understand interface to accomplish in an easy to understand way. Sorry for the misunderstanding,

(2012-06-11, 12:19)Bladerunner1962 Wrote:
(2012-06-11, 11:29)wilson.joe Wrote: @Bladerunner 10 items per submenu would mean the submenu would be hanging way over both ends of the tellie and behind the favorites,shutdown etc. on the left corner. 5 maybe.. Personally I'm content with just customizing the IncludesHomeMenuItems.xml myself and making sure it doesn't get written over,like I have been doing.. 1 because I only removed a few items and added a few, and as for the other items in my menu I have playlists, why would I want a submenu on a playlist and if one expects every submenu item that is a playlist to have a panel for them as one scrolls yes it would take too long to load up and then theres the refresh it does periodically. AeonMQ3 has all these features all ready, and I find it a big power hungry the way it is i can imagine AeonMQ3 with panels for all its submenu's.. We might want to remove the word lite from the skin name, its an oxymoron when applied to a mod. I for one will be creating diff files with the symbol "-" in them.. add in those 50 custom backdrops with those 50 panels please.. <sarcasm>.. Attention all AppleTV users this will not work for you.

@Wilson.joe
in home menu.

Alternative solution perhaps: a special XML-Editor for home and homeincluded in order
to easy add or remove functions, buttons and so on. Here think a about a solution...
yes...I could see also the whole script, but e.g. on the right side I have a menu for easy
add/remove predifined functions, buttons and so on. Make a choice there would direct

Looks nice Max, looks like you have been busy most of the weekend, if not
working on the skins you have been busy working on the git.

(2012-06-11, 12:18)mad-max Wrote: As promised, I got my hands on the wall view...
Currently without cases...but it's growing:

Yeah, was quite busy, especially as the european soccer championship has started Big Grin

Isn't soccer there football here.. I think so..

I don't know why the rightlist isn't call a lowrightlist I didn't have problems getting the full
right list working..

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - kevjs1982 - 2012-06-11

(2012-06-11, 11:29)wilson.joe Wrote: Personally I'm content with just customizing the IncludesHomeMenuItems.xml myself and making sure it doesn't get written over,like I have been doing

How do you do that? Would it be possible to have the include file go

if ( file_exists(MyIncludesHomeMenuItems.xml) ) { use that } else { use the default }

or is that too cunning for the XBMC skins?

?

The submenu options do appear to be a bit random - would be neat if you could say under menu item one display the Movies submen, under menu item 2 display the Music one, underneath menu item 3 display nothing. The way mine is setup is displayed at http://kjs1982.me.uk/article/xbmc - if you look at the main menu items they seam a bit random!

I think what I am going to do is reorganise my playlists so the playlist folder has "TV" "Film" and film at the top level, then add those to my main screen. When I go into the Films menu it will show the contents of the Video/Films playlist folder which may then drill down further (e.g. for genres) or just show the films (e.g. Short Films)

Now if only I could work out how to load the UPNP/Now Playing/RSS feeds from playlists Cool ...

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - kevjs1982 - 2012-06-11

(2012-06-11, 05:22)wilson.joe Wrote: All right here they are all 22 of them, I hope they remain where I put them this time.
Took awhile getting all the links, I am wishing there was a media/themename method
so one could just download the source and place them in the folder it would save alot
of compressing time and having to download them all over because of a single png
file needing colorize.
Possibly a really dumb question - but how does one install a theme?

Tried placing in X:\.xbmc\addons\skin.confluence.lite.mod\themes and it doesn't work (e.g. you have X:\.xbmc\addons\skin.confluence.lite.mod\themes\purple\Purple.xml) and also installing an add on from zip.

EDIT : Looks like "X:\.xbmc\addons\skin.confluence.lite.mod\media" works (no sub folders) - is this the correct place or will updates keep trashing them?

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - wilson.joe - 2012-06-12

Yes thats the correct place to place the xbt file in the media folder
the jpg files in the backgrounds folder and the purple.xml etc in the colors folder
you can rename any background to the name purple.jpg to replace the background,
edit the colors which to hex to your liking etc...

EDIT: if you wouild be interested in the images I can give you a quick run on
how to make changes to them to your liking also.

(2012-06-11, 21:04)kevjs1982 Wrote:
(2012-06-11, 05:22)wilson.joe Wrote: All right here they are all 22 of them, I hope they remain where I put them this time.
Took awhile getting all the links, I am wishing there was a media/themename method
so one could just download the source and place them in the folder it would save alot
of compressing time and having to download them all over because of a single png
file needing colorize.
Possibly a really dumb question - but how does one install a theme?

Tried placing in X:\.xbmc\addons\skin.confluence.lite.mod\themes and it doesn't work (e.g. you have
X:\.xbmc\addons\skin.confluence.lite.mod\themes\purple\Purple.xml) and also installing an add on from zip.

EDIT : Looks like "X:\.xbmc\addons\skin.confluence.lite.mod\media" works (no sub folders) - is this the correct place or will updates keep trashing them?

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - Bladerunner1962 - 2012-06-12

@Wilson.joe I wrote:
in home menu.

Have you already an idea if one of these two alternatives would work?
Or too much work for developing?

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - mad-max - 2012-06-12

They are most unlikely to be expected!
Option 1: might be possibe but will slow down the skin and needs a few hundred lines of code

Option 2: This would need a new Editor coded in C++ or C# or so...
I don't think that someone will write such an application for just one skin...

cheers,
mad-max

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - wilson.joe - 2012-06-12

Disable allow playlist script suggestions and enable the watch list script,
make sure weather is checked to show in the left hand corner of home screen
and scroll across all items in your menu, you will see the 10 program items
with the weather over it, both panels. Suggested hasn't work well for me as it
is it always shows only 3-4 movies and maybe 2 tv shows in each of my
playlist panels. I say there is a bug here.