Kodi Community Forum
Yet Another Confluence Mod - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Confluence (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=125)
+---- Thread: Yet Another Confluence Mod (/showthread.php?tid=129733)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - savkin_k - 2012-06-12

I agree with all the points. Definitelly the skin should remain as lite as possible. At the same time with solid functionality.
To have all the main menu options is a fantastic idea, but imagine the scenario where user use only playlist links for movies and tvshows. I do like this - I like to sort out kids movies/cartoons from movies an tv shows, so both native movies and tv shows are swithced off. Thus I have no chance for quick access to Recent movies/shows, files, libruary update, only to open playlist from main menu then go Up several times and to use context menus there for libruary update or acces to native recently added lists.

I think to have a fixed optional submenu commands should not decrease the performance drastically. I mean for all the playlist there should be a choice to show or to hide in submenu a link to Files and Libruary update comand, For movies playlist a link for recently added (even if it goes to native movie libruary), same link for tv shows playlists.

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - catmantx - 2012-06-12

WOW...I luv the speed and the simplicity!

Thank you for this skin, but....of course some of us want a little more... Smile
NeoShowCase - PressDown to play the trailer.
A little fancier TV View.

I would like those change if the speed doesn't slow down...otherwise....I can live without those.
Again,
Thank you very much for the skin.

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - wilson.joe - 2012-06-12

I agree with you on the ability to hide items that are in the submenu, even when creating a child account and setting up the playlists and putting it into say kiosh <spelling> mode the ability for a child to still get at the files and library because they are on the submenu can spell disaster, yes that word I can spell.. Rofl
(2012-06-12, 13:20)savkin_k Wrote: I think to have a fixed optional submenu commands should not decrease the performance drastically. I mean for all the playlist there should be a choice to show or to hide in submenu a link to Files and Libruary update comand, For movies playlist a link for recently added (even if it goes to native movie libruary), same link for tv shows playlists.

Suggestions are always welcome here, if you have any ideas for themes let me know
and I will see what I can do.. I have been trying to think of a few children themes since
there is so few of them, but I am open for any suggestions..

(2012-06-12, 14:24)catmantx Wrote: WOW...I luv the speed and the simplicity!

Thank you for this skin, but....of course some of us want a little more... Smile
NeoShowCase - PressDown to play the trailer.
A little fancier TV View.

I would like those change if the speed doesn't slow down...otherwise....I can live without those.
Again,
Thank you very much for the skin.

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - Bladerunner1962 - 2012-06-12

ok, what I read here again: I'm not the one and only with the individual submenu/playlists button wishes :-)

I get now some advice from wilson.joe (many thanks!)...how to do it on my own way....I hope, I solve that
that on my own...

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - wilson.joe - 2012-06-12

made a few changes to get things moved over and up a bit. still a bit more to go but they are not looking all that bad. I have to have a few little side projects of my own even if they are not added to the release.

edit: oops i messed up on the colors there a bit.. lol.

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - igor - 2012-06-12

This is my favorite skin..unfortunately when exiting PseudoTV addon it causes a freeze/lock-up on home screen everytime if addon is started with Home shortcut. If I start PseudoTV from the program menu it will exit fine back to program menu.
W7 32bit

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - catmantx - 2012-06-12

I forgot one thing.
Can you please make the fonts for temperature for the Weather Panel a little bigger?

I care just for the numbers only.

I used 720P and are a little small...can be the age too.. Smile

Thanks again for this skin!!!

Views sugestion:
From Confluence MOD from Mad-Max for TV Series I like this one BannerRightList:

Combine with this one for episodes or even for Movies too:

Cat

Re: Yet Another Confluence Mod - Mudislander - 2012-06-12

Have withdrawl symptoms & got tapatalk Big Grin
Think with submenu items maybe a option for 5 user items that can be shown or not shown _ would be step in right direction.

@Wilson.joe why not PR views Huh Will look into your bug. For watchlist movies start 10 movies & let run few minutes should come up on list. Albums is top 10 played. Episodes is next unwatched one if exists

@All Others will have to try read posts now

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - savkin_k - 2012-06-12

some bugs/suggestions noticed.
Libruary stats - strings should scroll or layout to be changed, otherwise one will have cropping of the value digit with certain languages. Like mine - Russian, is far to be a laconic language.

I saw episode number is added to TV show name in recently added widget, for same reason, possible cropping in case of long Show name, better to put it in front of the Title and make the label scrolable for focused item.

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - kevjs1982 - 2012-06-12

(2012-06-12, 03:27)wilson.joe Wrote: Yes thats the correct place to place the xbt file in the media folder
the jpg files in the backgrounds folder and the purple.xml etc in the colors folder
you can rename any background to the name purple.jpg to replace the background,
edit the colors which to hex to your liking etc...

Perfect - working wonderfully now (also explains why my default background was a black screen!). Might be worth adding to the first post where it tells you about the extra themes?

Might have to play with the colours a tad to optimise them for my display.

(2012-06-12, 12:29)wilson.joe Wrote: Disable allow playlist script suggestions and enable the watch list script,
make sure weather is checked to show in the left hand corner of home screen
and scroll across all items in your menu, you will see the 10 program items
with the weather over it, both panels. Suggested hasn't work well for me as it
is it always shows only 3-4 movies and maybe 2 tv shows in each of my
playlist panels. I say there is a bug here.

Is that possibly related to my bug report on Git Hub? https://github.com/Confluence-MODs/skin.confluence-lite-mod/issues/32#issuecomment-6262162

I happen to have Playlist script suggestions disabled, Allow weather forecast panel Enabled, and Show weather info Enabled!

One glitch I haven't been able to nail down to anything yet is the media counts from a playlist appearing blank sometimes (occasionally it does display Watched, Unwatched, Total) - look above the bar at the right hand side (I've disabled the weather panel for now). Image

then a few minutes later

(I noticed them appear after I tried turning on the Allow Watchlist/Playlist suggestions and then turning them off (they are quite slow on my Revo).

I notice that Github for Windows has been released - might be time for me to learn how to use it - if anyone has any tips on how they test changes to skins (hopefully in a "second" skin so I can easily flip back to my real one when I balls it up!) I'd be happy to hear (PM if you wish to save cluttering this thread) - might be able to help track down some of the glitches (why am I not as good at finding these glitches at work I wonder?!). Cool

Re: Yet Another Confluence Mod - Mudislander - 2012-06-12

Try redoing your menu, think I changed a setting in widget names. If redoing doesn't help will look into it when I'm back.

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - matt77303 - 2012-06-12

Good work on the skin so far, as it appears max's solo effot is being abandoned in favour of this one there is one thing stopping me from moving to this one, is there any chance of using his codec flag images so they they dont look like there just stuck there? i believe his use a transparent background. imho they look much better.

And also when playing music and you go back to the home screen, so you have the fanart and cd cover etc is it possible to hide the 'home panel addons' 'suggested albums' etc so you can see the fanart? at least when you on the music tab?

Thanks

Matt
and also i agree with the above poster on the BannerRightList view, and also lowlist when on movies could you add the option to tilt the case?

Matt

Re: RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - Mudislander - 2012-06-12

(2012-06-12, 20:10)Mudislander Wrote: Try redoing your menu, think I changed a setting in widget names. If redoing doesn't help will look into it when I'm back.

Okay found error can only upload fix at end of week when I'm back

(2012-06-12, 18:35)savkin_k Wrote: some bugs/suggestions noticed.
Libruary stats - strings should scroll or layout to be changed, otherwise one will have cropping of the value digit with certain languages. Like mine - Russian, is far to be a laconic language.

I saw episode number is added to TV show name in recently added widget, for same reason, possible cropping in case of long Show name, better to put it in front of the Title and make the label scrolable for focused item.

Re library stats would like a screenie if possible so I can see extent of problem

Will look at widget when get a chance

(2012-06-12, 21:04)matt77303 Wrote: Good work on the skin so far, as it appears max's solo effot is being abandoned in favour of this one there is one thing stopping me from moving to this one, is there any chance of using his codec flag images so they they dont look like there just stuck there? i believe his use a transparent background. imho they look much better.

And also when playing music and you go back to the home screen, so you have the fanart and cd cover etc is it possible to hide the 'home panel addons' 'suggested albums' etc so you can see the fanart? at least when you on the music tab?

Thanks

Matt
and also i agree with the above poster on the BannerRightList view, and also lowlist when on movies could you add the option to tilt the case?

Matt

Max's mod is not being dropped, but he was talking about changing some codec flags on this mod

Suggested music items stay on home screen while playing music for easy change, was previously requested for this behavior

Re lowlist are you actually asking for something like media info 2 on Convergence ?