Kodi Community Forum
Yet Another Confluence Mod - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Confluence (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=125)
+---- Thread: Yet Another Confluence Mod (/showthread.php?tid=129733)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - Mudislander - 2012-06-24

Screenie for new update's ability to set submenu items for Playlists and Addons type menu items as well as being able to select which submenu set should show with which menu item

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - wilson.joe - 2012-06-24

The size might be an issue. I will try it out and see what it looks like.
You wanting go with the more industrial look I i take it..

EDIT: works , we can go with that one..

(2012-06-24, 19:25)Mrmills Wrote: how about something like this
http://www.layoutsparks.com/1/159245/grey-day-variety-design.html

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - Mrmills - 2012-06-25

Hehe it didnt have to be that exact background, but yes it works nice with the panels, like the rough pictures like concrete or wood, think it goes well with the tranparent panels and the clean covers

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - Mudislander - 2012-06-25

We now speak Danish - Big thanks to Mrmills will upload files to Git ASAP

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - Mrmills - 2012-06-25

Wink glad I could help out..

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - wilson.joe - 2012-06-26

Well if there is another one that you would prefer let me know. LMAO!!!

(2012-06-25, 21:31)Mrmills Wrote: Hehe it didnt have to be that exact background, but yes it works nice with the panels, like the rough pictures like concrete or wood, think it goes well with the tranparent panels and the clean covers

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - mad-max - 2012-06-26

Hey guys,

wanted to get back to you guys ASAP...
Had some real life stuff to handle that took a few days...
Now the worst is over and I can get back to skinning and stuff...

@mudislander:
I saw the transifex project and I saw that someone pushed the milestones in GIT...
German translation and some other stuff will be done until the next release...
Specific stuff in my GIT comments...

BTW: Nice work the last days on the MOD!
Looking forward to get into it again Big Grin

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - gensufz - 2012-06-26

Refresh my memory please...

I tried this (and max-maxs mod) back in late March/April when moving from XBMC 10 to 11, but got frustrated by the change and reverted back.
So, refresh my memory, as I forget which mod had the support, and which didn't.

The ability to break down my "video" collection using "playlists", and then displaying the "playlists" as their Own Direct Item on the FRONT PAGE is critical to me.
I had spent hours and hours customizing XBMC 10 to get it done, and I am wondering if this mod supports MANY playlists on home page, or just a fixed # (2?3?4?5?)

For example, this breakdown would be just for the "Movies"

- Collection
- Unseen Movies
- 1970s & Earlier
- Western
- Musicals (Greece, Mama Mia, Sound of Music, etc)
- Movies for Family
- Animated
- ChickFlicks

Then the same kind of PALYLIST breakdown concept would be applied to TV Shows as well.

Will this mod handle that? I'll have a bit of time next week to try XBMC 11 (and the mods again...) So I want to sit down, get it fully fixed...

Thanks!

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - kevjs1982 - 2012-06-26

(2012-06-26, 20:43)nfusion2011 Wrote: Refresh my memory please...

I tried this (and max-maxs mod) back in late March/April when moving from XBMC 10 to 11, but got frustrated by the change and reverted back.

The ability to break down my "video" collection using "playlists", and then displaying the "playlists" as their Own Direct Item on the FRONT PAGE is critical to me.
I had spent hours and hours customizing XBMC 10 to get it done, and I am wondering if this mod supports MANY playlists on home page, or just a fixed # (2?3?4?5?)

- Collection
- Unseen Movies
- 1970s & Earlier
- Western
- Movies for Family
- Animated
- ChickFlicks

Then the same kind of PALYLIST breakdown concept would be applied to TV Shows as well.

Will this mod handle that? I'll have a bit of time next week to try XBMC 11 (and the mods again...) So I want to sit down, get it fully fixed...

Thanks!

You can have 10 items on the front screen (including direct access to playlists).

However I have found this isn't too bad - you can add favourites too - so I have created a couple of folders in the playlist folder (called TV, and Film) and linked those directly on my front screen and then those sub folders have my wanted playlists in - which in turn can have folders (e.g. Countries which allows me to view British or German films).

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - gensufz - 2012-06-27

(2012-06-26, 22:16)kevjs1982 Wrote:
(2012-06-26, 20:43)nfusion2011 Wrote: Refresh my memory please...

- Collection
- Unseen Movies
- 1970s & Earlier
- Western
- Movies for Family
- Animated
- ChickFlicks

Thanks!

You can have 10 items on the front screen (including direct access to playlists).

However I have found this isn't too bad - you can add favourites too - so I have created a couple of folders in the playlist folder (called TV, and Film) and linked those directly on my front screen and then those sub folders have my wanted playlists in - which in turn can have folders (e.g. Countries which allows me to view British or German films).

Great to know this supports 10 playlists...i'll try it soon and be a bit more patient this time around!

can you elaborate on what you were saying about the folder/sub folders?

I have never used "favorites", how exactly do they differ from "playlist"

why would/should I choose 1 over the other? Advantages? Disadvantages?

Also, slight deviated question from the question I asked above.... Instead of showing all those 8 breakdowns right on the home page (like I want to!)... if I choose to is it also possible with this mod to have those 8 breakdowns within the "MOVIES" Category? and it then opens a sub drop down for those 8 categories?

That way my home screen would only have 3 buttons... MOVES || TV SHOWS || SETTINGS moving mouse over MOVIES would expand the 8 options that I mentioned.

Thanks!

Edit: Read back a few pages to catch up on the "latest" and saw this post:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=129733&pid=1133919#pid1133919

The screeny only shows 5 additions per set? Am I missing something?

Thanks*2!

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - kevjs1982 - 2012-06-27

Favourites are basically "Short Cuts" - If you browse to your playlists folder and right click (I think, it's the context menu - I use a remote control) on a playlist folder and select "Add to Favourtes" you can jump directly to that.

was launched from a menu item to the top level of my playlists folder (before I reorganised - all these items except TV and MTV have been placed in the Films folder and my Films item jumps directly to that)

Inside that I then had a number of folders (e.g. countries, genres*) with playlists to those - e.g. countries
Image.

My TV top level menu item then jumped directly to the TV playlists folder

With the favourites you can add a direct item to add-ons too - e.g. if you have the BBC Iplayer installed you can add an iPlayer item to the top menu without going through the add-on menu.

* Actually a bit smarter than pure genres - they excluded other genres - e.g. "Drama excluding Short"

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - Mudislander - 2012-06-27

Just a quick heads up for anyone who uses the git version of this MOD, I've creates an "Eden" branch where we'll maintain compatability with XBMC -11.??

The "Master" branch will be for "Frodo" and from today things like the lang files will be changed to the new format and this version will no longer run on "Eden"

The other quick check (Once I've organised it) Frodo compatable mod will have major version number 2 eg v2.*.* While Eden compatable versions will be v1.*.*

Repo version will stay at Eden version for the time being. I'll advise everyone before that changes.

As usual any problems - let us know Smile

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - catmantx - 2012-06-27

Thank you for the skin,
Is getting better and better.
It looks like you increase the size of the number for Weather panel, but now I have a problem because I am using fahrenheit and here in Texas we already reached over 100 degrees.
3 numbers do not fit anymore. I am getting just "1.." not "102" for example.
Please see if you can fix this on the next release.
Thank you!

Cat

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - Mudislander - 2012-06-27

I'll look at it, to be honest I'd noticed if you use large font there was a problem with the label, but don't use fahrenheit so didn't even think of 3 digit figures. Used to live in Zululand, South Africa and can remember really bad days could get upto 42 celcius - must check what that is in deg F Smile

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - gensufz - 2012-06-27

(2012-06-27, 08:26)kevjs1982 Wrote: Favourites are basically "Short Cuts" - If you browse to your playlists folder and right click (I think, it's the context menu - I use a remote control) on a playlist folder and select "Add to Favourtes" you can jump directly to that.

So to add a favorite, first a playlist *MUST* exist?

So my question is back to: The GUI that I linked at the top shows only 5 sub items.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=129733&pid=1133919#pid1133919

I also don't understand favorites as you explained, even if they are shortcuts that take me directly there, aren't PLAYLISTS effectively that as well?

Playlist = basically filters part of my collection to what I want and displays that filtered selection.

So I don't see what "added value" Favorites provide that isn't already provided via a playlist?

I must be missing something.

Thanks!