Kodi Community Forum
Yet Another Confluence Mod - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Confluence (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=125)
+---- Thread: Yet Another Confluence Mod (/showthread.php?tid=129733)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - wilson.joe - 2012-07-05

Its officially summertime here, so I have been doing my share of work around the yard
and working. I like the angled poster look in convergence and there is a few other
views I really like too. By the way I don't see convergence on the git anymore, you did
stop it did you, I have it installed and enjoy flipping over to it from time to time. Your right
the genre images would defintely add more weight to the skin. Well take a little time to relax,
if your exhausted. I know you have been busy with family, work and the project.

(2012-07-05, 10:40)Mudislander Wrote: Been wondering on what todo with the addons panel and also changing lowlist and rightlist into something more like the mediainfo 2 from convergence which has the angled poster + support for advanced launcher. also might stick in the ability for users to set a path for genre backgrounds - don't think we should include the backgrounds as it'll push up the Mod's size by quiet a whack. - If I ever get the energy Smile

Thats alot of work to make a backdrop Rofl
(2012-07-05, 10:11)Mrmills Wrote: I've been busy with 45 ton of concrete tiles around my house.. Ill be back so. And will have a look at the changes

Thunder icon - kevjs1982 - 2012-07-05

Is that the correct icon for Thunderstorm? Looks more like hailstone to me. The "Chance of Thunderstorm" icons look more like what I would expect.

RE: Thunder icon - wilson.joe - 2012-07-06

If there was an error in the fanart for the artist it would be plugin specific not a skin issue.
and it might be an error on the server end and not a plugin issue.

(2012-07-05, 22:02)kevjs1982 Wrote: Is that the correct icon for Thunderstorm? Looks more like hailstone to me. The "Chance of Thunderstorm" icons look more like what I would expect.

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - Mudislander - 2012-07-06

@kevjs1982 Yeah, I've noticed it as well, just never got around to reporting it.

@Wilson.joe - Convergence is on holiday Smile Actually a couple of guys have requested to start work on translations so probably will bring out an an updated version soon. Must admit I switched back the other day and it was like coming home - I still prefer a vertical menu.

Re colour (color Big Grin ) themes I noticed that the breadcumb path on the top left stays white and the clock on the top right changes colour - would you like me to change the code so that it's colour matches the time or are you happy with it as is ?

@Everybody - Personally I prefer to stick to a theme across the whole skin, but I've purposely mashed up a few things like DVD cases and "watched" markers - would like to hear which types are more popular - I vote for the clear DVD cases which can be codec type or disc type when I get around to it, and I prefer ronie's T! type "partialy watched" markers

Music Videos - kevjs1982 - 2012-07-06

Two things I've spotted on Music Videos which I keep meaning to ask about

When you try and sort them you can't - instead the side panel has "Sort By: Sort By" greyed out

Also there is nothing shown (either weather, recent/new etc) above the Music Videos playlists like you get with Films and TV.

Are these XBMC bugs or just stuff that hasn't been implemented in this skin?

As for the cases - I tend to vary on these - personally when there is multiple items on screen it looks nicer without, but on the Now Playing screens it generally looks nicer with a case (although not when you have radio station logos Rofl )

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - Mudislander - 2012-07-06

I'm going to have to find more music videos Smile I'll have to look at the "sort by" bit , don't remember changing anything there and as I've only 1 music video have never paid it much atn. Easiest way to check if I've buggered anything up is to check with Confluence.

There should be a home panel with new music videos that shows up, but to be honest I found an error in the menu section +/- 2 days ago - will look at it again.

Your Now Playing screenie doesn't look good - Will need to fix that.

@Everyone - Comments like the post above really help and are appreciated - we all use XBMC in our own personal way - me included - so some things I never get around to seeing and only find out from comments like these.

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - kevjs1982 - 2012-07-06

(2012-07-06, 16:56)Mudislander Wrote: Your Now Playing screenie doesn't look good - Will need to fix that.

In general they look okay - it's just the radio streams which are odd (due to the lack of meta data - just a single string), and when you play with transparent PNGs!

When you have a more sensible logo it looks tidier (although I could do with putting a bit more padding around the logo itself).

If you want an easier way to test you can add rss://kjs1982.me.uk/3rdparty/xbmc/streams.rss as a Music source which will include Magic and Flux - Magic seams to update the metadata before the song starts and occasionally is blank, Flux generally seams to stick on the last song through talky bits.

If XBMC exposes the name of the stream you launched displaying that would be neat - e.g. where "Vampire Weekend - Contra" is displayed in the following screenie

(Although being pernickity the Artist - Album line never seams to line up with the song title, always appears to be a tad to the left (and could do with utilising a little more height/a slightly larger font size), which in turn doesn't line up with the progress either - that being said it might just be me that wants all four lines to line up!

Looks like the Sort By Sort By issue might be XBMC's fault Sad

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - wilson.joe - 2012-07-06

It would probabably be best to have the breadcrumb the same color as the clock. Wow, I didn't even notice it until you said something.. And here I was looking for an some more work.. hehe The T! type partially watched and clear covers works for me. +1

(2012-07-06, 10:25)Mudislander Wrote: @Wilson.joe - Convergence is on holiday Smile Actually a couple of guys have requested to start work on translations so probably will bring out an an updated version soon. Must admit I switched back the other day and it was like coming home - I still prefer a vertical menu.

Re colour (color Big Grin ) themes I noticed that the breadcumb path on the top left stays white and the clock on the top right changes colour - would you like me to change the code so that it's colour matches the time or are you happy with it as is ?

@Everybody - Personally I prefer to stick to a theme across the whole skin, but I've purposely mashed up a few things like DVD cases and "watched" markers - would like to hear which types are more popular - I vote for the clear DVD cases which can be codec type or disc type when I get around to it, and I prefer ronie's T! type "partialy watched" markers

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - savkin_k - 2012-07-07

(2012-06-11, 11:14)savkin_k Wrote: Hello everybody.
Would like to support this request. Custom submenu is a must, and of coarse there will be total 50 variables. Will it slow down the skin drastically? One solution could be to allow only links to favorites, since most of actions can be assigned as favorites. Or even custom action string which will allow more sub actions to be added (like libruary update).

In addition, some wishes on Recently added widgets.
- Is it possible to show "watched flag" over movies and episodes posters?
- For episodes widget the season and episodes numbers together with the name of the show would help a lot to understand how many new episodes there are. While the title of the episode can be shown in widget title when episode is focused. I follow several shows with automatic torrent download, so episode image alone is not sometimes sufficiant to understand is this episode has been already watched or not.
- Weather widget. Is it possible to add "precipitation" (chance of rain) and wind speed and direction values? would be complete the forecast info!

All above is valid for playlists option of main menu, i do not use native movies and tv shows option.

Another idea for widgets. To split two rows - top to show Random Items, lower - Recent items, both for 10 items scrolable in horizontal. While for Movies and Shows is not so important, for Music would be very convinient option. Quite offen i want to choose fast SOMETHING random to play which is not recently added. Will be even more effective for those who have a big music libruary. This idea comes from Aeon Nox "mixed widget".

Thanks for comments in advance.

Hello, gentlemen.

I was out for a while and probably missed some discussions on the following:
I remember there was season and episode numbering added to the widget as per above suggestion, now dissapeared again. Is it done with a purpose?

Thanks.

(2012-06-24, 07:45)Mudislander Wrote: Anyone interested in helping out with translations. Added English source to Transflex Project - Mod of Confluence lite From there you can request the addition of new languages and join translation teams.

Requested to join Russian team for translation with the same login. Let me in please, will do the job.

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - wilson.joe - 2012-07-07

I cache them from the Vevo plugin. works great.. got about 50 classic videos so far.
Mixing up my own version of MTV.. Nod toss in some old beavis and butthead videos
and im set.. hehe

(2012-07-06, 16:56)Mudislander Wrote: I'm going to have to find more music videos Smile

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - Mudislander - 2012-07-07

(2012-07-07, 01:17)savkin_k Wrote: Requested to join Russian team for translation with the same login. Let me in please, will do the job.

Wow!! That was fast Big Grin Added your translation to Git if anyone wants to use it. Will be included in next update.

Re "season and episode numbering added to the widget" Not sure what happened, back of my mind seem to remember changing it but can't remember why, probably sometning to do with "large font". Will look at it again for you.

Edit Just read your post again - Like the idea of "Mixed Widget" if nothing happens in a week or two remind me again Big Grin

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - Mudislander - 2012-07-07

@kevjs1982 - will be looking at your stuff. Original idea for the 4 lines of info was supposed to bend around the CD so the 2nd & 3rd lines were inset a bit, but I've no problems with aligning them. Should be able to put in a condition to hide CD and case if streaming etc or maybe only show it for library content - I'll see.

Problem with getting streaming name/content depends on how the URL is formatted, get it right and it looks good - but I've got a couple where the wrong parts show up in the label and look terrible.

Same advise as for savkin_k - If nothing happens in a week or so remind me Smile
@Wilson.joe - stick the change breadcrumb colour as an issue on Git - ATM the issue list is shorter than this thread. Working on the DVD Case issue Smile

Actually - savkin_k and kevjs1982, if you'd like to raise your points as an issue on the git - I generally go through and check them off before any updates

RE: Yet Another Confluence Mod - kevjs1982 - 2012-07-07

(2012-07-07, 14:47)Mudislander Wrote: Actually - savkin_k and kevjs1982, if you'd like to raise your points as an issue on the git - I generally go through and check them off before any updates

Added as №59 - №61 for you (I prefer bugs as individual tasks as it makes keeping eyes on them easier - if you'd prefer them together just let me know and I'll bare it in mind should I need to raise one in the future).

I can see how parsing stream URL's could be messy http://network.absoluteradio.co.uk/core/audio/mp3/live.pls?service=a0bb doesn't give it away that the stations is "Absolute Radio 00s" does it?

(2012-07-07, 14:47)Mudislander Wrote: Actually - savkin_k and kevjs1982, if you'd like to raise your points as an issue on the git - I generally go through and check them off before any updates

I will try to put remarks there. Actually never had any deal with git